Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I don't think SF has just vanished. I think SF as being varnished while vanished.

I think it was pointed out why back in this threads infancy that SF hadn't vanished at all

• Registered Users Posts: 18,780 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

maccored wrote: »
    I think it was pointed out why back in this threads infancy that SF hadn't vanished at all

In fairness to SF there are some good wheelers and dealers in the party. They play by thier 'own rules' and have thier long term strategy off pat. If it 'aint broke why fix it?' is probably the way they look at it.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,912 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The scum breaking the C19 rules as per usual.
    https://www.rte.ie/amp/1150536/

Some people believe that the rules don't apply to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

blanch152 wrote: »
    Some people believe that the rules don't apply to them.

Mary the moaner would have a field day if it was any other party . Ferris made a long journey up to his old ira comrade in arms 😄

32-F1-DEE2-2332-41-EF-BC52-08-BA838-A0060.jpg

A lot of the SF ‘top brass’ in that photo. Some of them mightn’t be household names though....

I find the body language interesting in the photo. The way Mary Lou is in submissive mode to Gerry Adams smiling up at him. He on the other hand is looking every bit the commander - arms folded.
    Would make a good caption competition. Very clear who is boss, even if you did not know them from Adam(s).

85ycQ21.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,866 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I find the body language interesting in the photo the way Mary Lou is in submissive mode to Gerry Adams smiling up at him. He on the other hand is looking every bit the commander arms folded.
    Would make a good caption competition. Very clear who is boss, even if you did not know them from Adam(s).

Don't smaller people generally have to 'look up' to taller people...not much point looking at his chest.

Stretching things a bit there GDG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Good lord, even when it is spelt out in black and white you still won't accept you are wrong. The Unionists DO NOT have a veto on a UI if a majority vote for it. READ the GFA.

You are an illiterate clown.

They have a veto on a united Ireland as long as that requires a majority - as it does under the GFA - within the six counties. That was whole point of partition.

That is the fkn veto! It is a veto on Irish unity being decided upon by ALL the people of Ireland.

Do you even have the vaguest knowledge of Irish history that you don't see how this is in total contradiction to the republican view sustained since 1918?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: @Bonniedog - take some time off - 48 hours.

Don't smaller people generally have to 'look up' to taller people...not much point looking at his chest.

Stretching things a bit there GDG

It is not just that, pay close attention to the body language, and facial expressions.

Gerry is still 'The Mon' it screams.

It is not just that, pay close attention to the body language, and facial expressions.

What is interesting about the funeral is that everyone who is everyone in Sinn Fein is there (and is in breach of social distancing) but not a single representative from anywhere else is at the funeral. That tells you all you need to know about how Bobby Storey was regarded outside of the hardmen in the IRA.

• Advertisement

I find the body language interesting in the photo. The way Mary Lou is in submissive mode to Gerry Adams smiling up at him. He on the other hand is looking every bit the commander - arms folded.

that looks like two people having a polite conversation

What is interesting about the funeral is that everyone who is everyone in Sinn Fein is there (and is in breach of social distancing) but not a single representative from anywhere else is at the funeral. That tells you all you need to know about how Bobby Storey was regarded outside of the hardmen in the IRA.

same day we'll find out whats behind your SF fascination . I love how the newsletter calls him 'alleged Northern Bank plotter' - hilarious since we know it was the RUC who robbed it (more evidence points to them than anyone)

Apparently he was a Republican with a sense of himself and very 'tolerant' and a kind man.

Basically, your average Republican Jesus figure.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    You are an illiterate clown.

They have a veto on a united Ireland as long as that requires a majority - as it does under the GFA - within the six counties. That was whole point of partition.

That is the fkn veto! It is a veto on Irish unity being decided upon by ALL the people of Ireland.

Do you even have the vaguest knowledge of Irish history that you don't see how this is in total contradiction to the republican view sustained since 1918?

Voting for or against something is NOT a veto. It's a vote. There is no onus on a Unionist to vote against a UI just as there isn't one on a Republican to vote for a UI either.

The 'principle of consent' is an AGREED clause in the GFA.

You again completely misunderstand what the Unionist Veto was.

same day we'll find out whats behind your SF fascination . I love how the newsletter calls him 'alleged Northern Bank plotter' - hilarious since we know it was the RUC who robbed it (more evidence points to them than anyone)

RUC kidknapped Shergar as well I heard :rolleyes:

I did, they are having a conversation and Mary Lou is smiling at something Gerry is saying.

that looks like two people having a polite conversation

Why are Gerry's arms folded? Why the defensive posture? Plus Mary Lou is looking at him like a star struck teenager. Caught by the spell.

costacorta wrote: »
    Mary the moaner would have a field day if it was any other party . Ferris made a long journey up to his old ira comrade in arms ��

Did you hear anyone from SF making complaints or political capital after this sombre occasion last week?

The two occasions seem to have gotten out of hand...difficult things to constrain when the person dead is highly thought of and the death is considered tragic by those bereaved.
    Did SF encourage large crowds to turn up? Was any attempt made to observe social distancing?

2020-06-22_new_59801659_I2.JPG

Did you hear anyone from SF making complaints or political capital after this sombre occasion last week?

The two occasions seem to have gotten out of hand...difficult things to constrain when the person dead is highly thought of and the death is considered tragic by those bereaved.
    Did SF encourage large crowds to turn up? Was any attempt made to observe social distancing?

2020-06-22_new_59801659_I2.JPG

It should not have been done in that manner either imo. But it does please me that you as a SF supporter are now able to express concern for a Garda - who lost his life in his line of duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

Are you equating a member of the guards with Bobby Storey??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Apparently he was a Republican with a sense of himself and very 'tolerant' and a kind man.

At least he got a funeral more dignified than his M15 pal Scapaticci gave to his victims

event wrote: »

Are you saying different Covid regulations applied because he was a Garda?

For the record, I think both funerals ignored the regulations/advice.

My point is that we have the usual crew on pouring out their outrage for political gain about one but who were silent about the other. As far as I am aware NOBODY complained about last week. Which was ok by me actually.

Yep, they sure are. And not just posters on here, just look at the difference between Mary-Lou's statements on the two deaths.

She barely mentioned the death of the guard, but was effusive in her eulogy of the great Bobby Storey.

Voting for or against something is NOT a veto. It's a vote. There is no onus on a Unionist to vote against a UI just as there isn't one on a Republican to vote for a UI either.

The 'principle of consent' is an AGREED clause in the GFA.

You again completely misunderstand what the Unionist Veto was.

Do you mean a clause that says something like this?

"The Irish Government fully accepted and solemnly declared that there could be no change in the status of Northern Ireland until a majority of the people of Northern Ireland desired a change in that status. The British Government solemnly declared that it was, and would remain, their policy to support the wishes of the majority of the people of Northern Ireland. The present status of Northern Ireland is that it is part of the United Kingdom. If in the future the majority of the people of Northern Ireland should indicate a wish to become part of a united Ireland, the British Government would support that wish."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Jesus Christ Blanch, have you nothing else in your life than talk about Sinn Fein all day.

Non stop

Do you mean a clause that says something like this?

"The Irish Government fully accepted and solemnly declared that there could be no change in the status of Northern Ireland until a majority of the people of Northern Ireland desired a change in that status. The British Government solemnly declared that it was, and would remain, their policy to support the wishes of the majority of the people of Northern Ireland. The present status of Northern Ireland is that it is part of the United Kingdom. If in the future the majority of the people of Northern Ireland should indicate a wish to become part of a united Ireland, the British Government would support that wish."

Yes, there is no veto there.
    If a vote (which a free and democratic choice) decides there is to be a UI, Unionists have no Veto on that decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

Are you saying different Covid regulations applied because he was a Garda?

For the record, I think both funerals ignored the regulations/advice.

My point is that we have the usual crew on pouring out their outrage for political gain about one but who were silent about the other. As far as I am aware NOBODY complained about last week. Which was ok by me actually.

Nice dodge of the question.

Nice dodge of the question.

Where is the 'dodge'?

I compared two funerals, not two people.

Are you saying different regs apply because one was a guard and the other a member of SF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Where is the 'dodge'?

I compared two funerals, not two people.

Are you saying different regs apply because one was a guard and the other a member of SF?

The BBC are reporting more than 10 people were inside the church
    Afaik, regulations were followed inside the church for the Garda's State funeral
    I do not know whether covid 19 regulations apply to official parts of a state funeral eg army pall bearers etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

At least he got a funeral more dignified than his M15 pal Scapaticci gave to his victims

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement