Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Edgware wrote: »
    At least he got a funeral more dignified than his M15 pal Scapaticci gave to his victims

Suzanne Breen there on RTE's drive time said Bobby Storey was the mastermind behind the Northern Bank robbery

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Suzanne Breen there on RTE's drive time said Bobby Storey was the mastermind behind the Northern Bank robbery

The 'community activists' needed a payoff.

Or a completely unrelated topic I'm sure; did we ever find out how SF ended up owning 50 properties? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,866 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The BBC are reporting more than 10 people were inside the church
    Afaik, regulations were followed inside the church for the Garda's State funeral
    I do not know whether covid 19 regulations apply to official parts of a state funeral eg army pall bearers etc

The maximum allowed is up to 30 at a funeral service in the north, not including those officiating or undertakers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭jh79

Meant to be an informer too.

The maximum allowed is up to 30 at a funeral service in the north, not including those officiating or undertakers etc.

That's at the event,not inside the church
    Wakes are also not allowed, never mind 3 day wakes
    Close family members only or household members are what's allowed

guidance
    The funeral should be private and only the following should be there, up to a maximum of 30 people (this figure does not include funeral directors or other people needed to officiate at the service, such as faith/ pastoral representatives, grave diggers and so on), including:

members of the person’s household
    close family members
    if the deceased has neither household nor family members in attendance, then it is possible for a modest number of friends to be there
    Social distancing must be practised at all times, which means numbers attending funerals may be restricted further in smaller enclosed places -detailed information on social distancing can be found at this link:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The BBC are reporting more than 10 people were inside the church
    Afaik, regulations were followed inside the church for the Garda's State funeral
    I do not know whether covid 19 regulations apply to official parts of a state funeral eg army pall bearers etc

Slow news day?
    Did you inquire about the lenses used?

Bowie wrote: »
    Slow news day?
    Did you inquire about the lenses used?

Awaiting the forensics. :)

guidance
    The funeral should be private and only the following should be there, up to a maximum of 30 people (this figure does not include funeral directors or other people needed to officiate at the service, such as faith/ pastoral representatives, grave diggers and so on), including:

close family members
    if the deceased has neither household nor family members in attendance, then it is possible for a modest number of friends to be there
    Social distancing must be practised at all times, which means numbers attending funerals may be restricted further in smaller enclosed places -detailed information on social distancing can be found at this link:

Where does it stipulate how many should be inside? 'Further restrictions apply if the venue is small'...did you omit that bit on purpose?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

guidance

close family members

What does it matter what they do up North. People here "only care" about the North when it is to have a dig at SF.

FF and FG sat by while the British army and RUC murdered and treated Catholics like pieces of dirt for years, but now all their fans care that there was a big funeral up North.

What does it matter what they do up North. People here "only care" about the North when it is to have a dig at SF.

FF and FG sat by while the British army and RUC murdered and treated Catholics like pieces of dirt for years, but now all their fans care that there was a big funeral up North.

Jaysis

• Advertisement

Where does it stipulate how many should be inside? 'Further restrictions apply if the venue is small'...did you omit that bit on purpose?

I did omit to mention Mary Lou is not related...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Jaysis

Jesus is what most sane people would say if they knew about the Irish Govt letting other Irish people get treated the way they did and done nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

This thread is now one of the funniest on boards at the moment.

I don't know if it is brainwashedness (new word just coined, remember where you heard it first) or passion of committed SF supporters on here that is endearing or worrying.

Jesus is what most sane people would say if they knew about the Irish Govt letting other Irish people get treated the way they did and done nothing.

What should they have done?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,912 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The 'community activists' needed a payoff.

Or a completely unrelated topic I'm sure; did we ever find out how SF ended up owning 50 properties? ;)

Happened to know a builder who got a lot of renovation work for cash in certain parts of Dublin in the years after the Northern Bank robbery. He told me he was very careful in how he spent it.

I did omit to mention Mary Lou is not related...

Do you know if the family would consider her a 'close family member'

And yes you omitted to include where the regs say anything about '10 people'.

Did you also notice where the BBC reported that SF stewards were on street junctions trying to hold back the numbers wanting to attend?

As I said previously...this was wrong, no doubts about it, but like the funeral of the Garda showed too, it is extremely difficult to steward if a lot of people want to be there.
    Same as gatherings that have happened all over the island. We have also seen everybody from Varadkar to BLM break the regs.

If SF flagrantly broke the regs, then they need to apologise for it.

Do you know if the family would consider her a 'close family member'

And yes you omitted to include where the regs say anything about '10 people'.

Did you also notice where the BBC reported that SF stewards were on street junctions trying to hold back the numbers wanting to attend?

As I said previously...this was wrong, no doubts about it, but like the funeral of the Garda showed too, it is extremely difficult to steward if a lot of people want to be there.
    Same as gatherings that have happened all over the island. We have also seen everybody from Varadkar to BLM break the regs.

If SF flagrantly broke the regs, then they need to apologise for it.

Mary Lou is a close family member of Bobby Storeys family is she?
    I said what I heard on drive time and that is the BBC is reporting more than 10 people in the church
    I never actually said what the regulations were,you were first with the number
    Is Mary Lou a family member or not?
    Is it on the fathers side or the mothers side??

Where did Leo break the regulations?

Mary Lou is a close family member of Bobby Storeys family is she?
    I said what I heard on drive time and that is the BBC is reporting more than 10 people in the church
    I never actually said what the regulations were,you were first with the number
    Is Mary Lou a family member or not?
    Is it on the fathers side or the mothers side??

Where did Leo break the regulations?

You are a painful person to debate with.

You copied and pasted the regs from the webiste...and omitted a key phrase and a link (probably trying to hide that key phrase)

I googled the text and it brought me directly to the regs. Where there is no mention, I can find, of a 10 person limit.

Leo broke the regs in his PR stunt in the warehouse. As an overhead shot showed he allowed the team around him to behave in breach of the regs.

*No...not going back to your forensic amateur hour on that, so save yourself some time. I don't care if you disagree with me.

You copied and pasted the regs from the webiste...and omitted a key phrase and a link (probably trying to hide that key phrase)

I googled the text and it brought me directly to the regs. Where there is no mention, I can find, of a 10 person limit.

Leo broke the regs in his PR stunt in the warehouse. As an overhead shot showed he allowed the team around him to behave in breach of the regs.

*No...not going back to your forensic amateur hour on that, so save yourself some time. I don't care if you disagree with me.

Government is the ultimate essential service - therefore he has an exception, just like hospital workers.

Am.i missing something here.....mary-lou has had coronavirus and recovered (had it quiet bad,by all.accounts)

The science and evidence indicates,she cant get it again,nor spread it anymore.....if anyone,the restrictions dont need to apply to her??

(Also applies for ryan tubrity and the 20K or so recovered cases here)

I think you need to catch up on the science.

Having the virus doesn't make you immune to regulations.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    Government is the ultimate essential service - therefore he has an exception, just like hospital workers.

:D:D:D:D
    Yeh, PR shots are essential and a licence to put others at risk.

SF were lax here and wrong, no problem saying it.

Varadkar remains a saint in blanch's book.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭jh79

The regulations are their to keep people/public safe.....she is according to generally accepted medical.science a non-risk of getting/spreading it?

It's not. At the moment, her risk of catching and spreading the virus is the same as those who never had it.

glad to be of service

What key phrase did I 'deliberately ' leave out ?What I posted is the guidelines in full from here

So now what piece did I deliberately leave out from the guidelines ?
    Just to add the guidelines do not allow for Mary Lou or Michelle to have been in the Church
    Those guidelines are what every ordinary bereaved family have had to sadly adhere to
    So you're back tracking and saying someone else did now
    I see
    Obviously not because last time ye did,ye were presented with the sign language interpreters at every Tony Holahan press conference showing that a zoom lens distorts distances
    Nothing is ever black and white

For what its worth and here's the rub,I understand why what happened today at the funeral happened
    I respect the dead and understand why regulations were flouted and fully respect why MLM, Gerry and others went into the Church and to be honest am happy that they did
    I doubt they'll be handed the £1000 fine
    You'll understand and to be fair you've said so more or less why today isn't fair on other funerals
    Now out of respect for the dead,that's my points made,Ar dheis Dé go raibh a Anam.

This is really splitting hairs territory....if you have antibodies...it cant attach to human cells

(Same way,as yous get cancer everyday,but your body beats it everyday iirc)

If its not attaching to you/entering system,how can you spread it?

The regulations are there to protect everyone
    If you have antibodies, that doesn't prevent you spreading the virus to someone else as a result of something you have touched

How like?

Given the level of sanitiser usage,i taught it was accepted surface spread was low to min and biggest risk remained sneezing??

Afaik.the risk of catching it,in general public/outside is like a million to one last week?(in the free state,admittedely,maybe belfast air is different??)

The answer to the how like is in the social distancing rules
    The virus is invisible
    Personally, I do not trust other people's cleaning of surfaces, I will always do my own
    It could be on someone's coat or some of a pew missed etc
    You are sounding like,you are saying the virus risk is low so we can make exceptions
    This virus loves that
    Please don't

glad to be of service

What key phrase did I 'deliberately ' leave out ?What I posted is the guidelines in full from here

So now what piece did I deliberately leave out from the guidelines ?
    Just to add the guidelines do not allow for Mary Lou or Michelle to have been in the Church
    Those guidelines are what every ordinary bereaved family have had to sadly adhere to

You omitted the '10 person limit' that you said was broken. There isn't one and that is why you probably didn't link to the regs.

So you're back tracking and saying someone else did now
    I see

Obviously not because last time ye did,ye were presented with the sign language interpreters at every Tony Holahan press conference showing that a zoom lens distorts distances
    Nothing is ever black and white

As you were told at the time and also ignored, there isn't a lens in the world that can distort an overhead shot. That is called photoshop.

For what its worth and here's the rub,I understand why what happened today at the funeral happened
    I respect the dead and understand why regulations were flouted and fully respect why MLM, Gerry and others went into the Church and to be honest am happy that they did
    I doubt they'll be handed the £1000 fine
    You'll understand and to be fair you've said so more or less why today isn't fair on other funerals
    Now out of respect for the dead,that's my points made,Ar dheis Dé go raibh a Anam.

It's no excuse, but it is a difficult thing to steward on the day.

You omitted the '10 person limit' that you said was broken. There isn't one and that is why you probably didn't link to the regs.
    Yeah but in this fast moving thread you've probably forgotten that,I did say afterwards that I was only reporting what the BBC were saying
    Pasted the relevant part of that page in full
    Even if it was a top secret page which obviously it isn't, It was very obvious what I posted did not reference 10 people
    If I wanted to hide that fact,then ,posting that would have been stupid
    I posted it as the regulations period.

As you were told at the time and also ignored, there isn't a lens in the world that can distort an overhead shot. That is called photoshop.
    I'm sorry but all cameras well away from the subjects need to zoom and distort distances
    I have not seen the footage you are referring to,at least I don't think I have

It's no excuse, but it is a difficult thing to steward on the day.

I'm thanking your post,there's roundabout things in it I agree with or accept

Also on this site,assumptions are made about posters that may or may not be true
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/expert-one-in-a-million-chance-of-randomly-contracting-covid-19-1006429.html

Soap and water will.kill.this......social distencing shouldnt affect mary-lou,as she simply cant spread it/catch it

It does,but it can be spread by someone who already has had it,on their clothes or something they are carrying,their shoes even
    I'm advising adhering to guidelines
    None of us are expert enough to give it leeway

Yeah but in this fast moving thread you've probably forgotten that,I did say afterwards that I was only reporting what the BBC were saying
    Pasted the relevant part of that page in full
    Even if it was a top secret page which obviously it isn't, It was very obvious what I posted did not reference 10 people
    If I wanted to hide that fact,then ,posting that would have been stupid
    I posted it as the regulations period.[

So it were the BBC at fault (whom you didn't reference) either.
    Sorry, the impression given was you were being less than honest. No credit given to the BBC and no link given to the regs.
    I'm sorry but all cameras well away from the subjects need to zoom and distort distances
    I have not seen the footage you are referring to,at least I don't think I have

It was posted more than once on the thread where you treated us to your forensics. I again say, you are running with the hares and hunting with the hounds.

As I said, I don't care what you believe to be perfectly frank.

So it were the BBC at fault (whom you didn't reference) either.
    Sorry, the impression given was you were being less than honest. No credit given to the BBC and no link given to the regs.
    [
    I most certainly did reference the BBC regarding the 10 people
    I said later that drivetime were reporting that the BBC were reporting that
    So now I'm dishonest for having posted the guidance in full?
    And I did say where I got that the BBC were reporting the more than 10 people
    Posts attached
    Both of your statements are wrong on what I said and you've the cheek to mention honesty after that :eek:

Jaysis

It was posted more than once on the thread where you treated us to your forensics. I again say, you are running with the hares and hunting with the hounds.
    Tony Holahans press conferences
    Ignore them all you like but they're a perfect example of where you are wrong when you try to say zooms don't distort distances, they do
    As I said, I don't care what you believe to be perfectly frank.
    Or anyone that disagrees with you it seems to me or in this case provides an inconveniently irrefutable bit of zoom lens evidence on distance distortion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

Where is the 'dodge'?

I compared two funerals, not two people.

Are you saying different regs apply because one was a guard and the other a member of SF?

Do you answer every question with a question?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement