Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,868 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I most certainly did reference the BBC regarding the 10 people
    I said later that driveline were reporting that the BBC were reporting that
    So now I'm dishonest for having posted the guidance in full?
    And I did say where I got that the BBC were reporting the more than 10 people
    Posts attached
    Both of your statements are wrong on what I said and you've the cheek to mention honesty after that :eek:

Jaysis
    My bad, I meant you didn't 'link' to the BBC and still haven't.

I could say the BBC said Paisley was a catholic...but it would be worthless because I didn't link to it.

Tony Holahans press conferences
    Ignore them all you like but they're a perfect example of where you are wrong when you try to say zooms don't distort distances, they do

Or anyone that disagrees with you it seems to me or in this case provides an inconveniently irrefutable bit of zoom lens evidence on distance distortion

What are the two screenshots about?

event wrote: »
    Do you answer every question with a question?

Read slowly...I didn't compare Bobby Storey to Garda Horkan at any stage.

I did compare the 'funerals' of both men.

Both funerals broke the regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭standardg60

Yes, there is no veto there.
    If a vote (which a free and democratic choice) decides there is to be a UI, Unionists have no Veto on that decision.

Jesus Francie you seem to have come round to the actual art of rational debate, i have not disagreed with a single salient post you have made since i was last on.

I've just highlighted this one in the hope you might now agree that given our own election was a free and democratic choice that ignoring the 1/4 of voters in the Government formation talks was indeed just that and protesting about it now is not a valid and rational thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

My bad, I meant you didn't 'link' to the BBC and still haven't.

I could say the BBC said Paisley was a catholic...but it would be worthless because I didn't link to it.

What are the two screenshots about?

You know something, the written word contains way less information than the spoken,so let's raise a glass to the fallen this evening Instead

Jesus Francie you seem to have come round to the actual art of rational debate, i have not disagreed with a single salient post you have made since i was last on.

I've just highlighted this one in the hope you might now agree that given our own election was a free and democratic choice that ignoring the 1/4 of voters in the Government formation talks was indeed just that and protesting about it now is not a valid and rational thing to do.

I am not protesting the formation of the government, I think PBP are but I don't see much about it.

I defend people's right to protest just as I defend your right to express an opinion on those protests.
    That sometimes means I have to accept protest I don't agree with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Now that the orations are over and there is time to reflect, what do people think was Bobby Storey's greatest contribution to life in Ireland?

I am not protesting the formation of the government, I think PBP are but I don't see much about it.

I defend people's right to protest just as I defend your right to express an opinion on those protests.
    That sometimes means I have to accept protest I don't agree with.

Even protests which basically are protests against Democracy?

On another note i am utterly cringing at two newly appointed FF ministers railing against the suspension of mortgage approval for customers of certain banks. Do these idiots not actually have the concept of market forces or are they just aware that the state has already taken a substantial stake in the overpriced value of housing?
    It obviously looks good attempting to protect the interests of the public in attaining housing but why not just let the effing prices fall (which would be a natural effect of reduced approval) and actually make housing affordable for all like it should be.
    The thing is i don't think any SF minister would react any differently.
    The state recently announced a substantial increase in loans it was willing to make available to developers to develop housing. The Ministers were keen to announce that the banks suspension of approval would not apply to the state funded First Ireland scheme. Forgive me for thinking they are more interested in getting their money back.
    Now that is something worth protesting about.

Now that the orations are over and there is time to reflect, what do people think was Bobby Storey's greatest contribution to life in Ireland?

Honestly i have never heard of him until today.

And i'm actually more comfortable than concerned by that fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Don't know why some people are getting worked up over some people gathering for a funeral in the UK.

Nothing really to do with us here in the Republic of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

It's weird that people at an IRA funeral are being criticised for not wearing masks.

• Advertisement

It's weird that people at an IRA funeral are being criticised for not wearing masks.

Pmsl.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,913 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Read slowly...I didn't compare Bobby Storey to Garda Horkan at any stage.

I did compare the 'funerals' of both men.

Both funerals broke the regulations.

Which funeral had a political party leader at it, responsible for leading by example?

By what standard was her attendance necessary?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭jh79

This is really splitting hairs territory....if you have antibodies...it cant attach to human cells

(Same way,as yous get cancer everyday,but your body beats it everyday iirc)

If its not attaching to you/entering system,how can you spread it?

The amount of antibodies is important too. Research so far hasn't supported the theory that previous infection provides immunity.

blanch152 wrote: »
    By what standard was her attendance necessary?

Her own standards I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,913 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Her own standards I presume.

Well, Tony Holohan has said that all non-essential travel should not take place, so you are saying that Mary-Lou makes her own rules and standards and that the government’s don’t apply.

P.S. you avoided the first question. You have made a virtue of claiming you never dodge a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

You should credit Tim McGarry for that gag at least...

Darc19 wrote: »
    Don't know why some people are getting worked up over some people gathering for a funeral in the UK.

Nothing really to do with us here in the Republic of Ireland.

Must try harder

Does the presence of leading SF politicians confirm that they are indeed the political wing of the IRA?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Well, Tony Holohan has said that all non-essential travel should not take place, so you are saying that Mary-Lou makes her own rules and standards and that the government’s don’t apply.

P.S. you avoided the first question. You have made a virtue of claiming you never dodge a question.

Nonsense people are allowed go beach, shopping for anything, retuarants, pubs. None of them are essential

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Granadino wrote: »
    Does the presence of leading SF politicians confirm that they are indeed the political wing of the IRA?

Read a history book

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Read a history book

Which ones, dude?

I really liked The Secret History of the IRA by Ed Moloney. Ed is heavily involved in the Boston College research into the troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

They used to wear balaclavas at such events, and they'd fire guns in the air....

I ignored the question because I never said anything about a political leader at funerals anywhere on this thread.

You will have to ask Mary Lou if her travel was essential in her view.

One could ask was having beers on a beach really essential too, but one wouldn't be that stuck for criticism, would one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

You will have to ask Mary Lou if her travel was essential in her view.

Dangerously close to the Cummings defense Francie, I'd never have thought you'd look to the Tories for inspiration

Hurrache wrote: »
    Dangerously close to the Cummings defense Francie, I'd never have thought you'd look to the Tories for inspiration

I've already criticised it Hurrache. Not sure why blanch has decided to prosecute me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Granadino wrote: »

Rip Van Winkle over here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

I suspect this is going to be Sinn Féins Cummings episode alright
    MLM was in the church but family members not :eek:
    Core Republicans might turn a blind eye
    The Sinn Féin vice-president added: "Regrettably a considerable number of family members were unable to take part in the cortege as a result of current restrictions, like many other families who have been unable to properly grieve or mourn the loss of a loved one in a traditional way as a result of the Covid crisis.

"These restrictions have been very difficult for families who have lost a loved one and particularly those who lost a loved one during the period when society was in lockdown."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-53246224

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Weird isn't it that there's not much input from the army of lads that were after Leo for his tryst in the phoenix Park!

Which ones, dude?

I really liked The Secret History of the IRA by Ed Moloney. Ed is heavily involved in the Boston College research into the troubles.

Even the British courts have called those tapes 'unreliable'.

Just think, person with grudge/agenda gets to make untested claims, no prosecution or rebuttal.

That is in research terms much the same as the Diplock courts or the SCC or indeed kangaroo court territory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Weird isn't it that there's not much input from the army of lads that were after Leo for his tryst in the phoenix Park!

Personally didn't get the big kerfuffle over leo having a few cans in the park, man was entitled to a day in the sun with his pals on a day off.

However, there's a bit of irony in that post, because I seen very little people trying to use the funeral of Garda Horkan as a means to score political points.

Quite clearly there was some protocols broken by certain individuals at Bobby Storey's funeral.

But so too were protocols broken at Garda Horkans.

SAVE-20200701-095538.jpg

There's no telescopic lens camera trickery going on there, just members of a community United in grief to show their respects to a valued member of the community.

The same could be said for Storey, people might argue over their differences in politics, but that's their problems.

Surely there's not going to be one set of ridicule for one group of mourners, and a hall pass for the other?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement