Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

There might be a few 30 man orange marches now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Odhinn wrote: »
    A volunteer and dedicated activist.

Think the "leadership team" or part of it was the deceased

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Jesus, that Matt Carthy goon made a right show of himself on the Tonight Show. Got way too emotional and defensive.

Bad few days for the Shinners and their online army.

Matt Carthy is a forceful talker but his lack of education or experience in the business world really shows when he is challenged by a clever interviewer. If there is such a thing as a bogger shinner, he might be it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

blanch152 wrote: »
    Answered that already, but the video coverage tonight showed that the Storey funeral had around 10 times that number of people.

There was 100s more people at the BLM protests in Dublin than Belfast.

Belfast OK cause of the numbers and Dublin bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Odhinn wrote: »
    A volunteer and dedicated activist terrorist.

Fixed your post.

• Advertisement

It is extraordinary hypocrisy from Sinn Fein. An apology is absolutely in order but it won't happen. They believe they are above and beyond the law, that is their culture

It is in their DNA to always circle the wagons, even when they **** up in the most obvious fashion. If they don't change this paranoid mindset of everyone being out to get them, then their aspirations of waltzing into power at the next General Election will come to naught.

MLM and MoN should come out and give apologise on behalf of SF. There were and are many a loved one who could not go to a funeral of their nearest and dearest over the past few months, yet when a prominent republican dies (and let's leave aside his violent terrorist past for a minute) then SF members, activists and elected representatives travel the length and breadth of the Island to be there, for selfies, back-slapping and the like.

To compare, MM was elected Taoiseach last week and his family did not travel to Dublin because of Covid-19, a break with tradition. Then why on earth did Cork SF TD Jonathan Goulding travel all the way to Belfast to be there?
    And people defend this action?

As I said, this is our Dominic Cummings moment and ironically it's not FF or FG who put their foot in it, its SF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

markodaly wrote: »

As I said, this is isn't our Dominic Cummings moment and ironically it's not FF or FG who put their foot in it, its SF.

Fixed your post.
    Cummings wasn't going to a funeral. The Taoiseach didn't make excuses for the shinners at the funeral. It was wrong not to socially distance. They should apologise for giving a bad example. That's it.
    There's some faux outrage and some political mileage in it for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Jesus, that Matt Carthy goon made a right show of himself on the Tonight Show. Got way too emotional and defensive.

Bad few days for the Shinners and their online army.

Don't think he'd have done well under interrogation :)

Ó Caoláin who is decent intelligent man to be replaced by this gimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Another poster put this image up of Garda Horkans funeral. Were you as shocked by those images? Or is it only when Sinn Feiners do something wrong that you get outraged?

SAVE-20200701-095538.jpg

The core point of it is that two leaders of SF, including the northern one responsible for setting the rules there, and the one here who has been telling us that she should be and will be Taoiseach have just demonstrated that they are unsuited for leadership to practice what you preach.

Contrast that with Leo's example paying respects in the Garda HQ, or Martin's low key ascension to the position of taoiseach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Jimmy Saville was a volunteer and dedicated activist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Jimmy Saville was a volunteer and dedicated activist

And would've felt at home with the IRA rapists!

Cue silence from the Shinnbots...

https://www.rte.ie/news/investigations-unit/2020/0625/1149666-covid-i-saw-his-funeral-on-a-phone/

In fact, Stephen Byrne had worked at the Guinness Brewery for almost 40 years. In later years, he suffered with dementia and was cared for by Maura until moving to a nursing home last year.

When Stephen passed away in April, Maura was also battling Covid-19 in hospital, and was unable to attend her husband's funeral.

"I couldn't get near him, because I was locked in here," Maura recalls, tears streaming down her face.

This is a story that is going to run and is certainly not faux outrage, when we hear story after story similar to above.

Again, my Brexit Britain/SF/UKIP comparisons are apt. When Dominic Cummings was caught out we say the same 'Liberal media elite, blah blah blah' excuses drawn out by the likes of Brendan o'Neill. There is always some ghost, some boogeyman out there to slay, rather than admitting you ****ed up mightly and apologise. Christ, even Cummings issues a statement with a half-arse apology!

So, when the leader of the opposition ignores all the health advice and travels to Belfast, another country for a packed funeral and doest bat an eyelid, then it tells you a lot about the person.

It is non-essential travel. Why did Jonathan Gould have to travel all the way to Belfast from Cork, was it essential? It was my arse.

markodaly wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/news/investigations-unit/2020/0625/1149666-covid-i-saw-his-funeral-on-a-phone/

This is a story that is going to run and is certainly not faux outrage, when we hear story after story similar to above.

Again, my Brexit Britain/SF/UKIP comparisons are apt. When Dominic Cummings was caught out we say the same 'Liberal media elite, blah blah blah' excuses drawn out by the likes of Brendan o'Neill. There is always some ghost, some boogeyman out there to slay, rather than admitting you ****ed up mightly and apologise. Christ, even Cummings issues a statement with a half-arse apology!

So, when the leader of the opposition ignores all the health advice and travels to Belfast, another country for a packed funeral and doest bat an eyelid, then it tells you a lot about the person.

It is non-essential travel. Why did Jonathan Gould have to travel all the way to Belfast from Cork, was it essential? It was my arse.

There's no law to state she couldn't attend the funeral.

As Sinn Féin have pointed out, they set up streaming of the funeral which 1/4 of a million people watched and they couldn't be held account for how many people turned up to line the streets. They had been in touch with PSNI before the funeral to tell them the plans.

Michelle O Neill went to Dublin, because she's allowed as our Govt made the rules, as Sinn Féin had a party meeting which she's a member of

There's no law to state she couldn't attend the funeral.

As Sinn Féin have pointed out, they set up streaming of the funeral which 1/4 of a million people watched and they couldn't be held account for how many people turned up to line the streets. They had been in touch with PSNI before the funeral to tell them the plans.

Michelle O Neill went to Dublin, because she's allowed as our Govt made the rules, as Sinn Féin had a party meeting which she's a member of

Doesn't cut the dust I'm afraid.
    There's guidelines in place, not laws as such, but they're there for a reason, they walked all over them and made a mockery of themselves as being in any position to advise anyone on best practice during the pandemic.
    A bunch of donuts dd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Did she take a selfie when she was in Dublin, because she did at the funeral
    I suppose you'll tell me it didn't matter because it is a different jurisdiction
    Social distancing my Ass

_113181944_michelleexfacebook.png

• Registered Users Posts: 68,879 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Tommy Gorman was reporting yesterday that OO bands have been heard practising for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Pkiernan wrote: »
    And would've felt at home with the IRA rapists!

Cue silence from the Shinnbots...

Some people don’t half sink low.

• Advertisement

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Did she take a selfie when she was in Dublin, because she did at the funeral
    I suppose you'll tell me it didn't matter because it is a different jurisdiction
    Social distancing my Ass

[img][/img]https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/410/cpsprodpb/AF76/production/_113181944_michelleexfacebook.png

Just to keep you on the right side of terminology. I'm sure a person so 'expert in photography' didn't make a mistake on purpose. :)

Michelle O'Neill did not 'take a selfie' there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Doesn't cut the dust I'm afraid.
    There's guidelines in place, not laws as such, but they're there for a reason, they walked all over them and made a mockery of themselves as being in any position to advise anyone on best practice during the pandemic.
    A bunch of donuts dd.

Selective outrage I’m sure.

Just to keep you on the right side of terminology. I'm sure a person so 'expert in photography' didn't make a mistake on purpose. :)

Michelle O'Neill did not 'take a selfie' there.

Yeah like that matters ,is that your only comment,,robotic 2 metre arms perhaps?
    Or is it more important to insult my knowledge of photography/shoot the messenger

Yeah like that matters ,is that your only comment,,robotic 2 metre arms perhaps?
    Or is it more important to insult my knowledge of photography/shoot the messenger

She didn't 'take a selfie' Mort. You said she did.

She didn't 'take a selfie' Mort. You said she did.

Thats all that's Important here yeah?

Thats all that's Important here yeah?

Not able to admit you are wrong?

There is the usual exaggerating going on that she was taking selfies. There is no evidence that I can see that she was.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

They should rename this thread; The have a go at Sinn Fein thread.

Everything and anything from Matt Carthy sounds like a bogger to a selection of incidents that happened from one side in the Northern Ireland conflict from more than 20 years ago. The go to thread for FFG fans to vent their spleen and their anger as SF assume the role of main opposition party. Anything you don’t like about SF put it in here.

Do we have threads like this for the other main parties on Boards.ie? we only need one now for FFG, makes things more streamlined

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

TheCitizen wrote: »
    They should rename this thread; The have a go at Sinn Fein thread.

Awwww, poor Sinn Fein.

Of course their hairbrained actions and policies have nothing to do with why people have a go at them.

Not able to admit you are wrong?

There is the usual exaggerating going on that she was taking selfies. There is no evidence that I can see that she was.

Ah yeah,she didn't see the camera and the two lads must live with her
    That's credible alright
    and the smile is because the lad on her left who to be fair does look near 70 just got a negative result
    Yeah high fives

_113181944_michelleexfacebook.png

• Advertisement

christy c wrote: »
    Awwww, poor Sinn Fein.

Of course their hairbrained actions and policies have nothing to do with why people have a go at them.

People having a go at them, because they have rocked the FF/G parties in the last election. They somehow never seen it coming.

Mary Lou who is elected down here, broke no laws. Same way the FG TD the Gardai funeral broke no laws.

Point scoring over funerals, thats how low FF/G have got.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement