Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Ah yeah,she didn't see the camera and the two lads must live with her
    That's credible alright
    and the smile is because the lad on her left who to be fair does look near 70 just got a negative result
    Yeah high fives

_113181944_michelleexfacebook.png

Its lovely to see the Irish people starting to care about whats happening up in the 6 counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,879 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Ah yeah,she didn't see the camera and the two lads must live with her
    That's credible alright
    and the smile is because the lad on her left who to be fair does look near 70 just got a negative result
    Yeah high fives

_113181944_michelleexfacebook.png

She wasn't 'taking selfie's' there was she Mort? Are you gonna withdraw or not?

How does it feel by the way...you defended every non SF breach of the regs and spirit of the regs on here, whipping out the forensics and 'expert' analysis of the photographic evidence. Now here you are telling porkies, exaggerating what was going on in the photos from Belfast, (which, by the way, I have said was wrong and should not have happened.)

Do you feel a bit like Jamie and Sammy? Desperate to make as much political gain as you can out of this?

https://twitter.com/limboss12/status/1278338188403257344

• Registered Users Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

christy c wrote: »
    Awwww, poor Sinn Fein.

Of course their hairbrained actions and policies have nothing to do with why people have a go at them.

Positively seething now that for the first time since the foundation of the state FF and FG no longer lead both government and opposition, exclusively controlling the levers of power with a double lock mechanism as they swap the trappings of office back and forth between them. Those days have gone.

Bring it on FFGer, the more you vent your spleen the more it galvanises SF support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

People having a go at them, because they have rocked the FF/G parties in the last election. They somehow never seen it coming.

Mary Lou who is elected down here, broke no laws. Same way the FG TD the Gardai funeral broke no laws.

Point scoring over funerals, thats how low FF/G have got.

As I said, their hairbrained actions and policies have nothing to do with why people have a go at them? Play the "poor me" card and hope it all goes away.

You don't have to break laws to be stupid.

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Positively seething now that for the first time since the foundation of the state FF and FG no longer lead both government and opposition, exclusively controlling the levers of power with a double lock mechanism as they swap the trappings of office back and forth between them. Those days have gone.

Bring it on FFGer, the more you vent your spleen the more it galvanises SF support.

Absolute gibberish. You don't think their stupid actions and policies might be why people criticise them? Fine level of arrogance there any FG member or politician would be proud of.

FFGer? Your distraction methods are becoming more pathetic. You'd have been better keeping your head down and this would have blown over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

She wasn't 'taking selfie's' there was she Mort? Are you gonna withdraw or not?

How does it feel by the way...you defended every non SF breach of the regs and spirit of the regs on here, whipping out the forensics and 'expert' analysis of the photographic evidence. Now here you are telling porkies, exaggerating what was going on in the photos from Belfast, (which, by the way, I have said was wrong and should not have happened.)

Do you feel a bit like Jamie and Sammy? Desperate to make as much political gain as you can out of this?

https://twitter.com/limboss12/status/1278338188403257344

I defacto did withdraw that she took the actual selfie when I asked 'is that all that matters yeah?' In reply to your post

Is it any better that she posed and smiled for it?

As for defending other photos,I'd have zero hesitation defending Michelle o Niell if this was a photo took with a zoom lens and someone hadn't their arm around her
    But its not is it

As I said, their hairbrained actions and policies have nothing to do with why people have a go at them. Play the "poor me" card and hope it all goes away.

You don't have to break laws to be stupid.

Who’s playing the poor me card? SF will now look forward to leading opposition for the first time. For the first time in the Dáil opposition will be lead by someone other than FFG. A great opportunity for SF.

The “poor me” sentiment that you refer to if anything is seething out of FFG fans on here as they lament the loss of their double lock mechanism insurance policy grip on the trappings of office in the Republic. “Poor me” (FFG) indeed LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Absolute gibberish. You don't think their stupid actions and policies might be why people criticise them? Fine level of arrogance there any FG member or politician would be proud of.

FFGer? Your distraction methods are becoming more pathetic. You'd have been better keeping your head down and this would have blown over.

What would you refer to the (still deferred?) Proposed state commemoration of the RIC Christy?

Yeah, Sinn Fein leadership most definitely should have shown better judgement surrounding the funeral up north - though I've no truck with MON in Dublin last weekend, she could quite rightly travelled to essential work purposes, the fact that even if folk down here don't agree with that, apart from tough sh1t Paddy, the laws put in place here by you know who made her exempt from any restrictions anyway.

Moving on, I see fg are asking for shinners who attended the funeral to stay away from the Dail for 14 days.

What a bunch of numpties, they've no skin on their faces at all.

Just leave this here.

https://twitter.com/runyourmouthoff/status/1278582226347798535?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Don't think he'd have done well under interrogation :)

Ó Caoláin who is decent intelligent man to be replaced by this gimp.

??????? OCaolain was a pompous ass, a buffoon and a windbag. A kind of trick shop "statesman"

Agree re all the pointless whinging about the thug funeral. The kind of person who would show up to honour such a man wont be fretting about the welfare of others. Still seems a petty thing to be going on about. Perhaps a more honest review of the misery inflicted by Storey during his cruel life might yield them more traction

Are you going to tell me you don’t vote FG Christy, if you vote FF what difference does that make exactly?

FFGer is a distraction label? It is not, it’s more relevant now than it ever was.

Next thing Christy might tell us is he doesn’t vote FF either, yet he spends his time attacking SF for everything and anything like an FFGer.

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    What would you refer to the (still deferred?) Proposed state commemoration of the RIC Christy?

Yeah, Sinn Fein leadership most definitely should have shown better judgement surrounding the funeral up north - though I've no truck with MON in Dublin last weekend, she could quite rightly travelled to essential work purposes, the fact that even if folk down here don't agree with that, apart from tough sh1t Paddy, the laws put in place here by you know who made her exempt from any restrictions anyway.

Moving on, I see fg are asking for shinners who attended the funeral to stay away from the Dail for 14 days.

What a bunch of numpties, they've no skin on their faces at all.

Just leave this here.

https://twitter.com/runyourmouthoff/status/1278582226347798535?s=09

Unfortunately for your argument he is socially distanced there if that is him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Jesus, that Matt Carthy goon made a right show of himself on the Tonight Show. Got way too emotional and defensive.

Bad few days for the Shinners and their online army.

I would see him as one of the better SF politicians so this really isn't a good sign of things to come for SF.
    I honestly believe that if they still have 38 seats by the time the current government is finished it will be a huge achievement for them. I can see Mary Lou McDonald stepping in for damage limitation along the way.

Who’s playing the poor me card? SF will now look forward to leading opposition for the first time. For the first time in the Dáil opposition will be lead by someone other than FFG. A great opportunity for SF.

The “poor me” sentiment that you refer to if anything is seething out of FFG fans on here as they lament the loss of their double lock mechanism insurance policy grip on the trappings of office in the Republic. “Poor me” (FFG) indeed LOL.

Who's playing the poor me card? You, having your little whinge about this thread. And Sf, talking about others politicising this event, when politicising things is exactly what they do themselves.

Anyway, if SF are determined to shoot themselves in the foot off with them.

Are you going to tell me you don’t vote FG Christy, if you vote FF what difference does that make exactly?

FFGer is a distraction label? It is not, it’s more relevant now than it ever was.

Next thing Christy might tell us is he doesn’t vote FF either, yet he spends his time attacking SF for everything and anything like an FFGer.

I vote FG as best of a bad lot, and despise SF for their idiotic policies (most recently their stupid pension and tax policies).

FFGer is something stupid so you can label someone who disagrees with SF and therefore dismiss their opinions.

I defacto did withdraw that she took the actual selfie
    Is it any better that she pised and smiled for it?
    As for defending other photos,I'd have zero hesitation defending Michelle o Niell if this was a phot took with a zoom lens and someone hadn't their arm around her
    But its not is it

You have no idea of the circumstances, somebody else took a selfie, was she meant to be fighting the guy on the right...elbowing him in the face, pushing him away? You can take a photo on a phone in a second.
    How do you know, in other words?

Here is another of the pathetic and manipulative uses of the photo's that you have just engaged in. This is what was used in the media;Eb2v4ukWsAISWv0?format=jpg&name=360x360

Michelle O'Neill shock horror shaking hands.

See the pic it was cropped from

Eb2yvb8WkAEy05t?format=jpg&name=900x900

and it shows O'Neill responding to Storey's Down's Syndrome brother.

I myself had to be checked when I went to tickle the toddler child of a friend the other day. I just forget and responded the way I would for a lifetime.

Not something she should have done either, but I, would see it as a fairly understandable human mistake rather than a crime.

To represent it as she was going around shaking hands is as despicable as saying she was going around taking selfie's.
    That is the level you are dropping to. The guy who got the tape measures out and the forensics to defend every instance elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/views/irish-examiner-view-is-sinn-fein-on-the-wrong-path-1008786.html

"But these are not normal times and Sinn Féin senior figures in attendance, who now form the opposition party in this country, should not have ignored the Covid-19 restrictions of the present, forced upon so many who have not been able to grieve the loss of loved ones. "

The Examiner gets in on the act this morning, calling out Sinn Fein leadership and senior figures for breaking the rules in an editorial.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0702/1150942-coronavirus-northern-ireland-funeral/

Now O'Neill has been asked to step aside during an enquiry. Remember this was the demand that Sinn Fein made of Foster and subsequently they brought down the Assembly for this. If Sinn Fein are not a complete bunch of hypocrites, she needs to step aside. Failure to step aside shows once and for all that the collapse of the Assembly by Sinn Fein was a cynical political act and nothing to do with principle.

The Independent are reporting that there are calls for Mary-Lou et al to stay away from the Dail because of the risk.

It doesn't look like this is going away anytime soon.

McMurphy wrote: »

I think it was stupid, and probably cost them votes. But as the current topic demonstrates, SF are well able to match or exceed their stupidity. And throw in the arrogance by themselves and their supporters and we could be looking at a SF/FG merger ;)

You have no idea of the circumstances, somebody else took a selfie, was she meant to be fighting the guy on the right...elbowing him in the face, pushing him away? You can take a photo on a phone in a second.

Here is another of the pathetic and manipulative uses of the photo's that you have just engaged in. This is what was used in the media;Eb2v4ukWsAISWv0?format=jpg&name=360x360

I myself had to be checked when I went to tickle the toddler child of a friend the other day. I just forget and responded the way I would for a lifetime.

Not something she should have done either, but I, would see it as a fairly understandable human mistake rather than a crime.

To represent it as she was going around shaking hands is as despicable as saying she was going around taking selfie's.
    That is the level you are dropping to. The guy who got the tape measures out and the forensics to defend every instance elsewhere.

Christ almighty, children are not allowed hug their grandparents, and you are excusing Michelle for this.

blanch152 wrote: »
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/views/irish-examiner-view-is-sinn-fein-on-the-wrong-path-1008786.html

"But these are not normal times and Sinn Féin senior figures in attendance, who now form the opposition party in this country, should not have ignored the Covid-19 restrictions of the present, forced upon so many who have not been able to grieve the loss of loved ones. "

The Examiner gets in on the act this morning, calling out Sinn Fein leadership and senior figures for breaking the rules in an editorial.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0702/1150942-coronavirus-northern-ireland-funeral/

Now O'Neill has been asked to step aside during an enquiry. Remember this was the demand that Sinn Fein made of Foster and subsequently they brought down the Assembly for this. If Sinn Fein are not a complete bunch of hypocrites, she needs to step aside. Failure to step aside shows once and for all that the collapse of the Assembly by Sinn Fein was a cynical political act and nothing to do with principle.

The Independent are reporting that there are calls for Mary-Lou et al to stay away from the Dail because of the risk.

It doesn't look like this is going away anytime soon.

Wow, just wow.

Confusing the difference in an independent short police inquiry and a tribunal carried out under the auspices and terms of reference set by the body you are leader of, takes some gymnastics.

Christ almighty, children are not allowed hug their grandparents, and you are excusing Michelle for this.

Did you see the sentence that says...'Not something she should have done either' or have you gone completely and selectively blind again?

• Advertisement

Who's playing the poor me card? You, having your little whinge about this thread.

I'm not whingeing about the thread, I'm describing the thread for what it is and I'm saying quite clearly that FFGers will attack SF now more than ever but it matters little and if anything it could galvanise SF support. SF have an opportunity to grow in opposition, depending on how they perform themselves really.
    And Sf, talking about others politicising this event, when politicising things is exactly what they do themselves.
    Yes Christy, that's what political parties do, who's whingeing now exactly?
    Anyway, if SF are determined to shoot themselves in the foot off with them.
    Except you won't do that Christy, you can't stop yourself. Like some of the reps in the party you vote for who are calling for SF TD's who were at the funeral in Belfast to quarantine for 14 days while ignoring FFG politicians who were not social distancing either at Garda Horkan's funeral or who flew in from Brussells and went directly to the Dáil. Give it a rest Christy.

Unfortunately for your argument he is socially distanced there

Sure he is. Sure.
    if that is him

What's this ? Charlie's Scooby Doo moment?

I vote FG as best of a bad lot, and despise SF for their idiotic policies (most recently their stupid pension and tax policies).

Right, like I said, a thread for anything and everything if you want to have a pop at SF. No discussion of their tax policies, just that they're stupid. Great contribution there Christy.
    FFGer is something stupid so you can label someone who disagrees with SF and therefore dismiss their opinions.

FFG is more relevant than ever Christy a chara, given that they (FFFG) are now officially joined at the hip.

I'm not whingeing about the thread, I'm describing the thread for what it is and I'm saying quite clearly that FFGers will attack SF now more than ever but it matters little and if anything it could galvanise SF support. SF have an opportunity to grow in opposition, depending on how they perform themselves really.

Yes Christy, that's what political parties do, who's whingeing now exactly?

Except you won't do that Christy, you can't stop yourself. Like some of the reps in the party you vote for who are calling for SF TD's who were at the funeral in Belfast to quarantine for 14 days while ignoring FFG politicians who were not social distancing either at Garda Horkan's funeral or who flew in from Brussells and went directly to the Dáil. Give it a rest Christy.

The reckless behaviour by Mary-Lou and the other senior SF politicians means that they can't credibly oppose any Covid-19 measure in the Dail.

The SDs and Labour will have to step up to lead the opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The reckless behaviour by Mary-Lou and the other senior SF politicians means that they can't credibly oppose any Covid-19 measure in the Dail.

That’s it really. You can have Louise Reilly giving out to Stephen Donnelly about Covid when her leader thought it was perfectly ok to break rules to attend the funeral of a terrorist.

Optics don’t work there.

Posing for a selfie does not fall into the same category as reflex tickling a child

in this and its sister thread,colleagues of yours here have been throwing up dubious and debunked photos of Leo and others flouting social distancing and you have been among the jeer leaders

Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander except here is a case where the SF vice president and ard Chomhairle member that directs sf policy island wide is literally caught red sauce handed

Well if they succeed in finally excluding the opposition they clearly fear, it might be the only way to keep the coalition democratic. ;)

Right, like I said, a thread for anything and everything if you want to have a pop at SF. No discussion of their tax policies, just that they're stupid. Great contribution there Christy.

FFG is more relevant than ever Christy a chara, given that they (FFFG) are now officially joined at the hip.

There's more than enough valid reasons for people to "have a pop". I have brought up their tax and pension policies and explained why they were stupid previously.

FFG is a silly name now matter how you spin it, as I said mostly used as a label so opinions can be dismissed.

Blanch, yourself and others are showing yourselves up for the absolute hypocritical posters you are.

Seems like a wet week ago when McDonald actually had covid, and at the height of restrictions, you were on here for weeks calling her a coward suffering from a head cold and why wasn't she out, front of house, and was instead "hiding away" pretending to be ill. etc etc.

Now when the restrictions have been lifted, McDonald has recovered from covid and has antibodies, she is "reckless", you've not a credible bone in your skeleton.

I can just picture you now, staring at your keyboard with the face, red as a beetroot, thinking of a comeback that isn't going to come :D

• Advertisement

:pac: This is going to be an interesting Dáil alright.

They've opened up the airports with people flying in and out and the conditions not set in place for such activity. There is a serious side to this issue and it really shows up the FFG lead government for what they are if they're going to play silly buggers with it by banging on about an SF funeral while there was similar non social distancing at other events that FFG politicians were at and FFG politicians step off planes and go directly into the Dail.

One wonders will FFG get anything done at all what with their obsession with SF and then Miriam O'Callaghan's disgruntled sibling and others sharpening knives behind Micheál's back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement