Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The FG and FF MEP's flying right from Brussels to the convention center without the two week quarantine seems to have gone unnoticed.None are T.D so had no business going there. Also Belgium one of the worst internationally for Covid 19.

https://twitter.com/BillyKelleherEU/status/1276898708966211589?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

McMurphy wrote: »
    Blanch, yourself and others are showing yourselves up for the absolute hypocritical posters you are.

Seems like a wet week ago when McDonald actually had covid, and at the height of restrictions, you were on here for weeks calling her a coward suffering from a head cold and why wasn't she out, front of house, and was instead "hiding away" pretending to be ill. etc etc.

Now when the restrictions have been lifted, McDonald has recovered from covid and has antibodies, she is "reckless", you've not a credible bone in your skeleton.

I can just picture you now, staring at your keyboard with the face, red as a beetroot, thinking of a comeback that isn't going to come :D

There is no evidence that she has immunity due to prior in infection.

https://www.who.int/news-room/commentaries/detail/immunity-passports-in-the-context-of-covid-19#:~:text=There%20is%20currently%20no%20evidence,from%20a%20second%20infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

TheCitizen wrote: »
    I'm not whingeing about the thread, I'm describing the thread for what it is and I'm saying quite clearly that FFGers will attack SF now more than ever but it matters little and if anything it could galvanise SF support. SF have an opportunity to grow in opposition, depending on how they perform themselves really.

Yes Christy, that's what political parties do, who's whingeing now exactly?

Except you won't do that Christy, you can't stop yourself. Like some of the reps in the party you vote for who are calling for SF TD's who were at the funeral in Belfast to quarantine for 14 days while ignoring FFG politicians who were not social distancing either at Garda Horkan's funeral or who flew in from Brussells and went directly to the Dáil. Give it a rest Christy.

OK i thought you were complaining about the thread, if you're happy enough for it to continue then fair enough.

Yes thats what parties do, but a bit hypocritical for Pearse to be complaining when he's on the receiving end of his own type of nonsense.

I can't stop myself doing what exactly? As I said, I vote for FG as best of a bad lot. I dont agree with a lot of what they do, and they are more than capable of making themselves look stupid too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Sure he is. Sure.

What's this ? Charlie's Scooby Doo moment?

I know, ye like to ignore zoom lens effects,I know ye like to ignore reality
    There's no need to tell us that repeatedly because, unfortunately no matter how many times you ignore it,it doesn't change
    The photo ye put up,doesn't actually show Flanagan inside someone's 2m distance

Why I'm saying if its him is because I'm surprised as ye are all the time going on about how Anglo he is and secondly because imho he shouldn't be there

I don't have a problem with SF T.D's being there and have said so except they really shouldn't have been in the church, at the expense of relatives,again imho,but Francie suggested if I'm reading this right thats what the excluded relatives wanted and I understand that

I do think the selfie was stupidity and bad optics/bad example giving from a legislator

• Registered Users Posts: 68,879 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Posing for a selfie does not fall into the same category as reflex tickling a child

Ah the misrepresentation rebuttal. :D

Did I compare posing for a selfie with reflex tickling of a child????
    No I didn't, I compared it to the the reflex shaking of a Down Syndrome man's hand.

You just can't help revaluing that word 'lie' can you Mort for political effect.

in this and its sister thread,colleagues of yours here have been throwing up dubious and debunked photos of Leo and others flouting social distancing and you have been among the jeer leaders

Anything I said about Leo an his beers in the park was along the lines of he really should have thought better of the signal he was sending. Exactly the same criticism I made here from my first post on the issue.

You cannot change your record...defended every non SF breach to the hilt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

christy c wrote: »
    There's more than enough valid reasons for people to "have a pop". I have brought up their tax and pension policies and explained why they were stupid previously.

FFG is a silly name now matter how you spin it, as I said mostly used as a label so opinions can be dismissed.

You're just repeating yourself now Christy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

blanch152 wrote: »
    The reckless behaviour by Mary-Lou and the other senior SF politicians means that they can't credibly oppose any Covid-19 measure in the Dail.

The SDs and Labour will have to step up to lead the opposition.

Hahahahahahahahaha ***breathe*** hahahahahahahahaha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

The poor family of Mr Storey, seen Politicians use his funeral to point score, people cropping pics to suit their agenda. A ****ing disgrace.

Anyone doing it, have a hard look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself how does your parents feel after raising you that you have turned out to be a total scumbag

smurgen wrote: »
    The FG and FF MEP's flying right from Brussels to the convention center without the two week quarantine seems to have gone unnoticed.None are T.D so had no business going there. Also Belgium one of the worst internationally for Covid 19.

That does not matter. They were not in the Ra

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The poor family of Mr Storey, seen Politicians use his funeral to point score, people cropping pics to suit their agenda. A ****ing disgrace.

Anyone doing it, have a hard look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself how does your parents feel after raising you that you have turned out to be a total scumbag

A total scumbag was someone who was ok with the idea of planting a car bomb outside shops so it could murder and main innocent people.

• Advertisement

A total scumbag was someone who was ok with the idea of planting a car bomb outside shops so it could murder and main innocent people.

The point im making is people point scoring over a mans funeral. He has family, kids, grandkids.

But you deflect away there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

How's the report into the Dublin/Monaghan bombings coming along?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Have to agree with you there, it was a complete ****ing disgrace that those Sinn Fein politicians turned up at his funeral to point score against the unionist community who lost loved ones to his terrorist actions.

smurgen wrote: »

I'd agree, but they are probably exempt from that quarantine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Did she take a selfie when she was in Dublin, because she did at the funeral
    I suppose you'll tell me it didn't matter because it is a different jurisdiction
    Social distancing my Ass

[img][/img]https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/410/cpsprodpb/AF76/production/_113181944_michelleexfacebook.png

No thoughts on the lens used? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Like Michelle O'Neill is too?

Oops, foot in mouth again Morty.

I assume the covid number 19 was informed?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,879 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Doing a lot of it this AM. Over eager?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Just looking at the roles in the new government. It is an absolute disgrace that the new Minister for Justice has never spent a day in prison and the new Minister for Finance has no experience in the planning or carrying out any bank roberries.

The MEPs are most likely exempt because they are public representatives of this jurisidction.

Michelle is availing of a loophole that allows people from the North to travel to Dublin, in a way that people from Dundalk can't. There is a difference between exemption and loophole.

• Advertisement

Ah the misrepresentation rebuttal. :D

Did I compare posing for a selfie with reflex tickling of a child????
    No I didn't, I compared it to the the reflex shaking of a Down Syndrome man's hand.

You also compared it to you tickling a toddler which is what I referred to as not the same (neither is the Down's Syndrome example)
    Further you're incorrectly saying I lied about that
    Quite spiteful
    The post where you mentioned the tickling of the child is attached for reference
    I'd like an apology for that please

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

The MEPs are most likely exempt because they are public representatives of this jurisidction.

Michelle is availing of a loophole that allows people from the North to travel to Dublin, in a way that people from Dundalk can't. There is a difference between exemption and loophole.

Two different jurisdictions completely with two different sets of rules re: covid 19. thats not a loophole - its just another example of the stupidity of a border

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Lol, my backside, twisting and turning all morning long.

Here's the HSE sites take on it. https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/travel.html
    Exceptions
    The only people who do not need to self-isolate are people who are:
    • arriving in the State from Northern Ireland
    • aircraft crew, including pilots, in Ireland as part of their work duties
    • holders of a Certificate for International Transport Workers, or drivers of a heavy goods vehicle, who are in Ireland for this work
    • ship crew, including the maritime master, in the course of performing their duties

Just as well you have no input or influence into the HSEs travel advice blanch, lest you would have shoe horned in some kind of **

**Excludes Shinners, they must do what blanch would prefer them to do.

This isn't your day, is it?

This isn't your day, is it?

Having quite a good day, actually.

joeguevara wrote: »
    Just looking at the roles in the new government. It is an absolute disgrace that the new Minister for Justice has never spent a day in prison and the new Minister for Finance has no experience in the planning or carrying out any bank roberries.

Blue collar crime tends to be easier to convict ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Might have more sympathy if "Mr Stoey" had not so happily destroyed other people's families.

Lay off the brandy at this hour man, Jesus Christ.

P.S I can travel to Dublin, was in Ikea the other day, No issue

Truthvader wrote: »
    Might have more sympathy if "Mr Stoey" had not so happily destroyed other people's families.

War is a terrible thing alright.

Truthvader wrote: »

So really you just want to abuse Sinn Fein and point score over a funeral.

• Advertisement

She is not an elected representatve in the Republic or the South as ye like to call it,so I'm afraid her business in the South could have been done on zoom
    No foot in mouth there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement