Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Bowie wrote: »
    Blue collar crime tends to be easier to convict ;)

Minister for Energy has no experience in laundering diesel and Minister for Defence has never provided training to guerilla groups in South America. What experience do these lot actually have.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

It's still unbelievable that people are still trying to defend the blatant hypocrisy (with their usual nonsense whataboutery, and now stretching it more trying to say it's just political point scoring) of SF. They're the ones that brought and reiterated the rules when it comes to funerals ffs.

I wonder how many SF members and supporters quickly deleted their tweets complaining about Varadkar being in the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,880 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Mortelaro wrote: »
    You also compared it to you tickling a toddler which is what I referred to as not the same (neither is the Down's Syndrome example)
    Further you're incorrectly saying I lied about that
    Quite spiteful
    The post where you mentioned the tickling of the child is attached for reference
    I'd like an apology for that please

You are in a mess of your own pedantry. And making it worse.

She is not an elected representatve in the Republic or the South as ye like to call it,so I'm afraid her business in the South could have been done on zoom
    No foot in mouth there

You are deciding what business the deputy leader of an All Ireland party might have had in Dublin?

:):):) It just gets better and better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

blanch152 wrote: »
    Having quite a good day, actually.

I actually feel sorry for the front line sf keyboard warriors because they have to carry on regardless of the valid rebuttals whilst their parties leaders do what they like irrespective of what it looks like
    HQ should have more respect for them

The likes of the rest of us can come and go in these threads as we please
    Long may that be the case

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Hurrache wrote: »
    It's still unbelievable that people are still trying to defend the blatant hypocrisy (with their usual nonsense whataboutery, and not stretching it more trying to say it's just political point scoring) of SF. They're the ones that brought and reiterated the rules when it comes to funerals ffs.

I wonder how many SF members and supporters quickly deleted their tweets complaining about Varadkar being in the park.

They would just come back and say "How many FG members and supporters think its ok for a TD of FG attending a funeral where social distance rules were broke?"

We could do this all day its a ****ing disgrace to act like this over a funeral

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

She is not an elected representatve in the Republic or the South as ye like to call it,so I'm afraid her business in the South could have been done on zoom
    No foot in mouth there

It doesn't matter a shiny shyte if she is deputy leader for the main opposition party, or if she kills seagulls for rentokill, she's exempt from quarantine under the HSEs guideline's, and legislation written by the caretaker govt you defend to the hilt.

The fact you don't like it, matters not a jot, deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I actually feel sorry for the front line sf keyboard warriors because they have to carry on regardless of the valid rebuttals whilst their parties leaders do what they like irrespective of what it looks like

You seem to be in here more than most. I don't log on for weeks and anytime I come in for a gander you're in here whinging.

Says the poster who defended every single non SF breach of COvid regulations since the pandemic began...not to mention defending FG and Leo to the hilt on every single thread here.

But those who have called out SF for this breach are ...'SF keyboard warriors'.

You are some act Mort. Digging is a talent of yours.

Says the poster who defended every single non SF breach of COvid regulations since the pandemic began...not to mention defending FG and Leo to the hilt on every single thread here.

But those who have called out SF for this breach are ...'SF keyboard warriors'.

You are some act Mort. Digging is a talent of yours.

I only defend the defensible Francis
    Its not my fault if I haven't been presented with many defensible sf bloopers yet
    I live in hope

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    You seem to be in here more than most. I don't log on for weeks and anytime I come in for a gander you're in here whinging.

haha,the only time I whinge on boards lad is about bad weather
    Lovely today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

They would just come back and say "How many FG members and supporters think its ok for a TD of FG attending a funeral where social distance rules were broke?"

We could do this all day its a ****ing disgrace to act like this over a funeral

The matter of whose funeral it was has all but been forgotten,
    A hero to some
    A shadowy gangster to others

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Bowie wrote: »
    War is a terrible thing alright.

"War" is not some abstract plague that arrives like covid 19. It requires people like Bobby Storey prepared to plant a bomb at a shop and blow the legs off a teenage girl to get what he wants. And in anticipation of the "whataboutery"; it also requires a Parachute Regiment so ill disciplined and out of control that they murder 13 innocent people.

Both acts are subhuman and despicable - and neither justifies the other except in the mind of an person like Bobby Storey

So really you just want to abuse Sinn Fein and point score over a funeral.

Nope want to call out the hypocrisy and Sinn Fein double think every time I see it

imme wrote: »
    The matter of whose funeral it was has all but been forgotten,
    A hero to some
    A shadowy gangster to others

That's true for most of ours, and indeed all countries history and conflicts around the world.

Just this very week Michaél gave his intentions of hanging Dev on his wall right next to Collin's.

Both were viewed as one or the other by FFG over the years, so too by the British.

One man's terrorist, another man's blah blah blah.

Wasn't it Flanagan wishing to give the RIC/Black and Tans an official state commemoration that arguably led to FG haemorrhaging seats in Feb afterall?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

As Sinn Féin have pointed out, they set up streaming of the funeral which 1/4 of a million people watched and they couldn't be held account for how many people turned up to line the streets.

They can be held to account as to why a Cork SF travelled all the way to Belfast for this jolly.

jh79 wrote: »

Because that was the pertinent piece from my hypocritical example?

Just yesterday someone in here said it was ok to break social distancing guidelines because it was a state funeral of a public servant killed in the line of duty

However, "the shinners were only at a funeral of a shinner".

I await evidence the state funeral attendance gives immunity/prevents the spread of covid.

Both were wrong.

Funny enough, it's only this week I seen a political party try to score points of a family mourning, and someone's funeral.

markodaly wrote: »
    They can be held to account as to why a Cork SF travelled all the way to Belfast for this jolly.

Held accountable by whom?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

markodaly wrote: »

Members of the Tipperary cell of SF formed the guard of honour for Storey.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Truthvader wrote: »
    Nope want to call out the hypocrisy and Sinn Fein double think every time I see it

But just SF hypocrisy and double think while ignoring the hypocrisy of FFG representatives also not adhering to social distancing guidelines but pontificating about SF. :pac:

Amazing hypocrisy and lack of self awareness from FFG fans on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

The "Tipperary cell", you know a lot about the detail of this funeral don't you Johnny, or are you just making it all up as you go along.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Meanwhile in Cork FFG had a tea party. Literally the same day.

https://twitter.com/CllrDesCahil/status/1277904797207801856?s=19

Des' photographer be like......

f9be86654c48cbc0ac5c85f329c3fcf0.jpg

Sit over another meter there please horse. (That tables actually <14ft> across)

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

What sort of people pose for selfies in a graveyard during a funeral?

Pandemic aside, that's just weird.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Isnt it great.

The FFG crew now care about what happens in the 6 counties and what happens in the 26.

I thought it would take alot longer than this but the election result has pushed it along nicely.

FFG will next be singing
    "Oh, can such hope be vain ?
    When my dear country shall be made
    A Nation once again!"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Can we all just agree, SF supporters or opponents, that this was a moronic and stupid move for SF on many levels? For me it doesn't negate issues of policy and ideology and I certainly hope that's the case at the next election, but defending the indefensible is the kind of sh!te FFG get up to routinely, there's absolutely no need for the left to do the same. It was a mistake, it set a horrendous example, it will have knock on effects on for example 12th of July parades and it gave the opposition an absolutely massive cudgel to beat SF with for the next few weeks at the very least.

It was a stupid, stupid thing to do. As a new-found fan of SF I'm incredibly disappointed and I doubt I'm the only one. Having said all that, nothing means more to me than opposing neoliberalism in politics at the moment so they'll still get my support along with the rest of the Irish left in trying to smash the FFG cabal.

TheCitizen wrote: »
    But just SF hypocrisy and double think while ignoring the hypocrisy of FFG representatives also not adhering to social distancing guidelines but pontificating about SF. :pac:

Amazing hypocrisy and lack of self awareness from FFG fans on here.

Read back. Not bothered at all by he social distancing argument on either side. It seems petty and pointless. Very bothered by the glorification and air brushing of a murdering thug and the reference to his "poor family" in circumstances where he was responsible for the malicious and deliberate destruction of so many other families in pursuit of whatever he wanted. If FF/ FG/PBP or the Greens were at the same thing I would call them out too. But they're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

maccored wrote: »
    Two different jurisdictions completely with two different sets of rules re: covid 19. thats not a loophole - its just another example of the stupidity of a border

Meanwhile in Scotland ...
    Nicola Sturgeon is arguing the complete opposite, why have one juristiction and one set of rules on the same island when you can have two sets of everything (including Covid guidelines).

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Group of five sitting outside, compared to a funeral with a cast of what appears to be thousands?

Get up the yard with the silliness. Desperate attempts at point-scoring, deflection and whataboutery from the Sinn Fein defence brigade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Can we all just agree, SF supporters or opponents, that this was a moronic and stupid move for SF on many levels? For me it doesn't negate issues of policy and ideology and I certainly hope that's the case at the next election, but defending the indefensible is the kind of sh!te FFG get up to routinely, there's absolutely no need for the left to do the same. It was a mistake, it set a horrendous example, it will have knock on effects on for example 12th of July parades and it gave the opposition an absolutely massive cudgel to beat SF with for the next few weeks at the very least.

It was a stupid, stupid thing to do. As a new-found fan of SF I'm incredibly disappointed and I doubt I'm the only one. Having said all that, nothing means more to me than opposing neoliberalism in politics at the moment so they'll still get my support along with the rest of the Irish left in trying to smash the FFG cabal.

The only thing I will say to you is that a lot of us told you so.

Sinn Fein are not to be trusted on anything. They are not to be trusted to obey public health guidelines, they are not to be trusted to obey the law, so why anyone would be mad enough to vote for them and trust them to keep their promises?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement