Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,880 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    The only thing I will say to you is that a lot of us told you so.

Sinn Fein are not to be trusted on anything. They are not to be trusted to obey public health guidelines, they are not to be trusted to obey the law, so why anyone would be mad enough to vote for them and trust them to keep their promises?

This 'conviction' just in from the man who was looking for O'Neill to step aside while a police investigation takes place to see what restrictions were broken.

Why would she bother when she has been found guilty already in the Special Shinner Court of blanch. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

This 'conviction' just in from the man who was looking for O'Neill to step aside while a police investigation takes place to see what restrictions were broken.

Why would she bother when she has been found guilty already in the Special Shinner Court of blanch. :):)

Instead of re-imagining what I said and re-inventing it as something else, why don't you address the point I made about trust in Sinn Fein.

By the way, that isn't the only example of Sinn Fein and its members disregard of the law.

Instead of re-imagining what I said and re-inventing it as something else, why don't you address the point I made about trust in Sinn Fein.

By the way, that isn't the only example of Sinn Fein and its members disregard of the law.

I don't trust ANY political party on this island. That is why I can criticise them from the get go if they handle something badly.

There are examples of every single party in this country disregarding the law.

Is it party policy of any of them...no, in my opinion.

Get down of the high horse, you are legendary at defending every single action of a particular party here. Who exactly do you think you are codding?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I see Colum Eastwood from the SDLP has asked for O’Neill to stand aside during the police investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

Pressure piling up on MON now and some are calling for the SF TD's to stay away from the Dail and quarantine.

https://www.thejournal.ie/dup-michelle-oneill-bobby-storey-funeral-5139268-Jul2020/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Truthvader wrote: »
    Read back. Not bothered at all by he social distancing argument on either side. It seems petty and pointless. Very bothered by the glorification and air brushing of a murdering thug and the reference to his "poor family" in circumstances where he was responsible for the malicious and deliberate destruction of so many other families in pursuit of whatever he wanted. If FF/ FG/PBP or the Greens were at the same thing I would call them out too. But they're not.

Ah so you're going to attack SF by cherry picking events from the conflict that ended after the GFA was implemented over 20 years ago. Same ould ding dong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Group of five sitting outside, compared to a funeral with a cast of what appears to be thousands?

Get up the yard with the silliness. Desperate attempts at point-scoring, deflection and whataboutery from the Sinn Fein defence brigade.

Yet Garda Horkans funeral had the same displays of social distancing guidelines being ignored by mourner's.

We know you like to apply rules and laws differently depending on who is or is not adhering to them, but this is a new level of silliness even from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

The only thing I will say to you is that a lot of us told you so.

Sinn Fein are not to be trusted on anything. They are not to be trusted to obey public health guidelines, they are not to be trusted to obey the law, so why anyone would be mad enough to vote for them and trust them to keep their promises?

Because at least they're making them. FFG don't even hide the fact that they're slaves to free market neoliberalism. Taking a chance on a party which claims to oppose it is still the better gamble than voting for a party which 100% definitely supports it.

The "property as an investment tool as opposed to somewhere to live" paradigm has to be destroyed, or my generation will continue to suffer. FFG are very clearly fully on board with the "shafting the young so we can have a comfortable retirement" model of housing and Ireland needs an alternative.

I see Colum Eastwood from the SDLP has asked for O’Neill to stand aside during the police investigation.

Colum putting his foot in it a lá Leo and getting called out over the breaches at an SDLP funeral a few weeks ago when the restrictions were tighter. Also for praising the BLM protests which broke the restrictions on multiple counts. :D:D

jh79 wrote: »
    Pressure piling up on MON now and some are calling for the SF TD's to stay away from the Dail and quarantine.

https://www.thejournal.ie/dup-michelle-oneill-bobby-storey-funeral-5139268-Jul2020/

Laughable stuff. She won't resign nor should she. If she does FFG politicians all over the place should fall on their swords. Dominic Cummings and Boris Johnson in Westminster, Arlene Foster in The North should already be gone for all sorts of misdemeanours far more damaging than the optics one at the funeral in Belfast.

A nice little storm in a teacup to distract from more important events. This is the sort of stuff that FFG will get up to to distract from their own inefficiencies in the incoming government, but sure what do we expect. This (FFG) is the cohort after all that have lead Irish governments for the last century while crucial areas like the Health Service and Housing have remained disorganised and not fit for purpose due to their (FFG's) inertia and constant failure to tackle these crucial issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

joeguevara wrote: »
    Minister for Energy has no experience in laundering diesel and Minister for Defence has never provided training to guerilla groups in South America. What experience do these lot actually have.

Didn't stop Simon 'I made a Boo Boo' Harris and he....never mind.

Hurrache wrote: »
    It's still unbelievable that people are still trying to defend the blatant hypocrisy (with their usual nonsense whataboutery, and now stretching it more trying to say it's just political point scoring) of SF. They're the ones that brought and reiterated the rules when it comes to funerals ffs.

I wonder how many SF members and supporters quickly deleted their tweets complaining about Varadkar being in the park.

Can you point to any? The only hypocrisy I see, and why I'm chiming in, is from the usual FG apologists. Seemingly it's okay for some to do, but not others, based on the numbers or who they were or what lenses the photographer might have used. It's fun to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

McMurphy wrote: »
    Yet Garda Horkans funeral had the same displays of social distancing guidelines being ignored by mourner's.

We know you like to apply rules and laws differently depending on who is or is not adhering to them, but this is a new level of silliness even from you.

its the same 'British Army Good, IRA Bad' formula, just tweaked a little.one funeral good the other bad.

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I actually feel sorry for the front line sf keyboard warriors because they have to carry on regardless of the valid rebuttals whilst their parties leaders do what they like irrespective of what it looks like
    HQ should have more respect for them

The likes of the rest of us can come and go in these threads as we please
    Long may that be the case

Seems FG are keeping you in work :)

"War" is not some abstract plague that arrives like covid 19. It requires people like Bobby Storey prepared to plant a bomb at a shop and blow the legs off a teenage girl to get what he wants. And in anticipation of the "whataboutery"; it also requires a Parachute Regiment so ill disciplined and out of control that they murder 13 innocent people.

Both acts are subhuman and despicable - and neither justifies the other except in the mind of an person like Bobby Storey

You'd have to ask him or the BA.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Held accountable by whom?

SF leadership.

We are hearing how SF did all it could to keep the funeral as safe as possible, so why did SF TDs from the far south of Ireland travel all the way to Belfast then?

Speaking with forked tongues.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I don't trust ANY political party on this island. That is why I can criticise them from the get go if they handle something badly.

Well, we all know this is not true. When have you ever criticised SF for example, without a huge dose of whataboutery accompanying it?

Oh, but you voted for SF for the first time ever this year? Come off it.

It's like the Fox News 'Fair and Balanced' slogan.

markodaly wrote: »
    Well, we all know this is not true. When have you ever criticised SF for example, without a huge dose of whataboutery accompanying it?

Oh, but you voted for SF for the first time ever this year? Come off it.

It's like the Fox News 'Fair and Balanced' slogan.

I criticised this from the get go. Pointing out the political point scoring ain't wahtaboutery.

Who is 'we' by the way?

I noticed you deleted you contention that Mairead McGuinness and Kellegher didn't travel from Brussels...did the rest of the 'we' tip you off that the lies about that had been rumbled?
    Maybe Mort kept a screenshot of it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Sinn Féin announced their new front bench.

The frontbench has strong representation from rural Ireland as well as our cities and gender equality is at the heart of the team

Sinn Féin Dáil Frontbench July 2020

Mary Lou McDonald – Leader and Uachtarán Sinn Féin

Pearse Doherty – Finance and Deputy Dáil Leader

Louise O’Reilly – Enterprise, Trade and Employment

Mairead Farrell – Public Expenditure and Reform

Claire Kerrane – Social Protection, Community & Rural Development and the Islands

Eoin Ó Broin – Housing, Local Government and Heritage

David Cullinane – Health

Darren O Rourke – Climate Action, Communications Networks & Transport

Matt Carthy – Agriculture, Food and the Marine

Kathleen Funchion – Children, Disability, Equality and Integration

Rose Conway Walsh – Higher Innovation and Science

Donnchadh Ó Laoghaire – Education

John Brady – Foreign Affairs and Defence

Martin Kenny – Justice

Imelda Munster – Media, Tourism, Arts, Culture, Sport and the Gaeltacht

Aengus Ó Snodaigh – Gaeilge, Gaeltacht, Cuture and Arts

Pádraig Mac Lochlainn – Party Whip

Niall Ó Donnghaile – Seanad Leader

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

markodaly wrote: »
    SF leadership.

We are hearing how SF did all it could to keep the funeral as safe as possible, so why did SF TDs from the far south of Ireland travel all the way to Belfast then?

Speaking with forked tongues.

Ah hello did our current Government not advise all travel was ok within the island of Ireland after 29th June. So what is the issue on people travelling,
    Not so long ago leo had a picnic in the park with his buddies no outrage then.

plenty of non social distancing marches recently through Dublin and Cork / Galway / Limerick etc no outrage either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Ah so you're going to attack SF by cherry picking events from the conflict that ended after the GFA was implemented over 20 years ago. Same ould ding dong.

"Cherry Picking"???? I am talking about the behaviour and actions of man who dedicated his life to killing and injuring other people.

No cherry picking required - unless we are playing the Sinn Fein game that he was a "peacemaker" when he got what he wanted and stopped - though still entitled to the odd Bank robbery or killing if it suited him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Jesus what a collection

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

What the hell is Cuture?

Aengus is a big fan of Art - printed materials mostly.....

"Cherry Picking"???? I am talking about the behaviour and actions of man who dedicated his life to killing and injuring other people.

No cherry picking required - unless we are playing the Sinn Fein game that he was a "peacemaker" when he got what he wanted and stopped - though still entitled to the odd Bank robbery or killing if it suited him

You are cherry picking. The man who's funeral was being held was involved in a war that came to an end with the GFA. There were two sides to that conflict and various participants in the North, down here and in the UK. You're choosing to focus on incidents that happened from one side of the conflict.

Do you know exactly what he was involved in? You're letting on like you have a load of inside information on this man.

What the hell is Cuture?

Aengus is a big fan of Art - printed materials mostly.....

His brothers are in Kila, his Dad was an author and Gaeilgeoir as he is. Good choice I'd say.

A strong front bench. This FFG government will be kept on their toes.

Mind Micheál better watch his back, Miriam's brother isn't a happy camper:D

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Louise O'Reilly unsurprisingly moved out of Health.

Best of luck to the new opposition front bench. Expectations are high. Over to you Sinn Fein. Don't mess it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Seeing as a lot of the SF supporters were reposting the newly formed governments lack of real experience in Ministers postings, it would be interesting to hear how not one of the SF front bench have any higher education or indeed real life work experience in their relative postings. It actually is madness to think why any of these people are allowed to pretend to be knowledgeable. Are these really the best SF have?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

As a matter of interest, how many posters have gone to a funeral and taken selfies? Is this a thing now?

In the RTE photo below, MLM and MON may be social distancing, but Pearse Doherty appears to be at close quarters with other attendees.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0701/1150731-northern-ireland/

Sinn Fein have in the past been willing, nay keen, to absent themselves from parliamentary institutions. Surely recusing themselves from the Dáil for 14 days as health precaution would be a small sacrifice to make for paying respects to a person they consider to be a hero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Does anyone really care?

Where are Violet and Reada?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement