Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

markodaly wrote: »
    SF leadership.

We are hearing how SF did all it could to keep the funeral as safe as possible, so why did SF TDs from the far south of Ireland travel all the way to Belfast then?

Speaking with forked tongues.

Good point, if they had any real responsibility, they would suspend each and every one of those TDs that travelled.

We have heard that Mary-Lou and Michelle were invited by the family, they can avoid suspension, but the rest should be suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

joeguevara wrote: »
    Seeing as a lot of the SF supporters were reposting the newly formed governments lack of real experience in Ministers postings, it would be interesting to hear how not one of the SF front bench have any higher education or indeed real life work experience in their relative postings. It actually is madness to think why any of these people are allowed to pretend to be knowledgeable. Are these really the best SF have?

I have no truck with anyone's qualifications, or lack of for that matter. If they meet the minimum qualifications for the job, that's good enough for me.

I have however seen lots of FG supporting posters comment on both Pearse Dohertys lack of qualifications, and then in the same breath whinge about EOB/MLMD private school education.

Like did you have any concerns when the last health minister was a college drop out who actually thought covid19 was named so, because it was the 19th covid?

Bet not Joe. I bet not.

It will be a fairly formidable opposition front bench, I'll prob put on a stone this year in popcorn and beer watching dail exchanges when they have FFG twisting and turning like slinkies.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

McMurphy wrote: »
    Yet Garda Horkans funeral had the same displays of social distancing guidelines being ignored by mourner's.

We know you like to apply rules and laws differently depending on who is or is not adhering to them, but this is a new level of silliness even from you.

No offence, but please google "use of apostrophe".

blanch152 wrote: »
    Does anyone really care?
    ?

Tell me blanch, do you ofttimes respond to things that you don't care about:confused:

Waste of time and energy if you ask me, you wouldn't catch me making my way over to the beekeeping forum (does one even exist?) To tell them how much I didn't care about how many eggs the queen pushes out of a Sunday evening.

Bit strange imo, but you tear away champ.

I have no truck with anyone's qualifications, or lack of for that matter. If they meet the minimum qualifications for the job, that's good enough for me.

I have however seen lots of FG supporting posters comment on both Pearse Dohertys lack of qualifications, and then in the same breath whinge about EOB/MLMD private school education.

Like did you have any concerns when the last health minister was a college drop out who actually thought covid19 was named so, because it was the 19th covid?

Bet not Joe. I bet not.

It will be a fairly formidable opposition front bench, I'll prob put on a stone this year in popcorn and beer whatching dail exchanges when they have FFG twisting and turning like slinkies.
    Most commentary on Doherty's qualifications related to the fact that misleading descriptions of him as an engineer went uncorrected for so long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,880 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

rdwight wrote: »

No offence, it is use of 'the' apostrophe, you only omit 'the' when using the plural, as in, 'use of apostrophes'.

I am using a phone at the minute, not that I really give a dam mind you, but is that your net contribution as a response?

You know when the grammar Nazism has been rolled out, the end of the line has been reached. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭DaveCliftonAP

I think you might be the only person in the country that still cares about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Was the issue with Pearse not that he was caught trying to pull a Bertie on it, and was trying to pass himself off as more qualified that he actually is? He only dropped the lie when a journalist questioned him about it

maccored wrote: »
    its the same 'British Army Good, IRA Bad' formula, just tweaked a little.one funeral good the other bad.

Didnt charlie flanagan attend that funeral,

Iirc i seen him interviewed on the news from castlerea??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Bet not Joe. I bet not.

It will be a fairly formidable opposition front bench, I'll prob put on a stone this year in popcorn and beer whatching dail exchanges when they have FFG twisting and turning like slinkies.

I had more issue with simon harris being a journalist with no medical qualifications than his covid 19 gaffe.

I think Pearse is quite a formidable speaker but do wonder why he lied about his qualification for so long. But that is not my point at all. SF supporters jump on social media to regale us with everything that some 15 year old dreamt up in a meme but when its put back to them they throw their armalite out of the pram and start sucking on their balaclava.

TheCitizen wrote: »
    His brothers are in Kila, his Dad was an author and Gaeilgeoir as he is. Good choice I'd say.

Afaik they run an irish language magazine

Was always suprised more,wasnt made of his thing with robbing ink

blackwhite wrote: »
    Was the issue with Pearse not that he was caught trying to pull a Bertie on it, and was trying to pass himself off as more qualified that he actually is? He only dropped the lie when a journalist questioned him about it

I couldn't care less if someone's claiming they have city and guilds in the art of waxing backs sacks and cracks tbh, if they're doing the job they're supposed to be doing, I've no issue at all.

As i said already, some folk here have a problem with a lack of education level, and in the next breath have a problem with someone's "private education" - because why? Because they don't like their politics.

Leo and Reilly before him were both medically qualified doctors, and both made a dog's dong of their portfolios.

Heather Humphreys can put down "burger flipper at McDonald's" on her CV if she likes, it made no difference to me in regards her decent enough ministerial role. (Forget about her RIC commemoration support for now)

No offence, it is use of 'the' apostrophe, you only omit 'the' when using the plural, as in, 'use of apostrophes'.

Thanks Francie. When using Google I don't see any particular reason to be grammatically correct. If I felt, for instance, that I needed the practice, then I would. Try googling "use of apostrophe" to see what I mean.

When communicating with people on the other hand, I do my best to be as clear as possible. I find that correct grammar (and my abilities in this respect are limited) helps with clear thinking and communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Jesus that is fair lame :pac:

I even thought so myself. My issue is that most of the back and forth is fairly juvenile and if people stopped giving out about fcucking funerals and focused on what is important for the country it will be so much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

SF leadership.

We are hearing how SF did all it could to keep the funeral as safe as possible, so why did SF TDs from the far south of Ireland travel all the way to Belfast then?

To attend a funeral.

Truthvader wrote: »
    "Cherry Picking"???? I am talking about the behaviour and actions of man who dedicated his life to killing and injuring other people.

No cherry picking required - unless we are playing the Sinn Fein game that he was a "peacemaker" when he got what he wanted and stopped - though still entitled to the odd Bank robbery or killing if it suited him

Have you not heard of the IRA before?

I couldn't care less if someone's claiming they have city and guilds in the art of waxing backs sacks and cracks tbh, if they're doing the job they're supposed to be doing, I've no issue at all.

As i said already, some folk here have a problem with a lack of education level, and in the next breath have a problem with someone's "private education" - because why? Because they don't like their politics.

Leo and Reilly before him were both medically qualified doctors, and both made a dog's dong of their portfolios.

Heather Humphreys can put down "burger flipper at McDonald's" on her CV if she likes, it made no difference to me in regards her decent enough ministerial role. (Forget about her RIC commemoration support for now)

The issue with PD wasn't with his actual qualifications, it was with false claims (by others if not him) about them. It's got to do with trust and truthfulness. It's a bit like SF and the AIW. Nobody cared that much how much of their salary they were taking. It was the false claims about their salaries that was the scandal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

SF leadership.

So they can set up ways to make the funeral as safe as possible but they cant attend?

Why did MPs come from Brussels to the Convention Centre last week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

As a matter of interest, how many posters have gone to a funeral and taken selfies? Is this a thing now?

In the RTE photo below, MLM and MON may be social distancing, but Pearse Doherty appears to be at close quarters with other attendees.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0701/1150731-northern-ireland/

Sinn Fein have in the past been willing, nay keen, to absent themselves from parliamentary institutions. Surely recusing themselves from the Dáil for 14 days as health precaution would be a small sacrifice to make for paying respects to a person they consider to be a hero.

1.That photograph was taken with a zoom lens
    Its not proof of lack of social distancing
    2.quarantine is absence from everybody,its usually for close contacts,symptomatic people and currently for people returning from abroad including GB
    If they practiced social distancing, and there's no evidence otherwise (with the exception of MoN) then there's no need to either absent from the Dáil or quarantine
    Calling for that in this case is just codswallop imho

• Advertisement

The issue with PD wasn't with his actual qualifications, it was with false claims (by others if not him) about them. It's got to do with trust and truthfulness. It's a bit like SF and the AIW. Nobody cared that much how much of their salary they were taking. It was the false claims about their salaries that was the scandal.

Let me know what part of me not caring what anyone claims to hold qualifications wise - so long as they're competent in their jobs I wasn't clear enough about and I'll go through it again with you.

We live in a state where a one time Minister for finance claimed not to have a bank account FFS.

Let Mr Doherty say he's a stunt double for Danny DeVito if he wants.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

So on a day were the Fine Fail party are in crisis behind the scenes, Fine Gael members starting to turn on the beloved Leo and the Greens just nodding along and agreeing to anything, all the talk has been about Sinn Fein and what a disgrace it was to attend a funeral.

Even what the DUP has said today, has got more posts on this thread than the new FFG/Greens double Govt thread.

Good job theres nothing else going on for everyone to worry about

Private education speaks to privilege.

Lying about qualifications speaks to trust and credibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

TheCitizen wrote: »
    His brothers are in Kila, his Dad was an author and Gaeilgeoir as he is. Good choice I'd say.

Doesn't seem capable of forming a sentence in any language

Have you seen Kila?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Let me know what part of me not caring what anyone claims to hold qualifications wise - so long as they're competent in their jobs I wasn't clear enough about and I'll go through it again with you.

We live in a state where a one time Minister for finance claimed not to have a bank account FFS.

Drumcondra's favourite son also tried to claim he was an accountant, despite not having a qualification.

I have to say - I didn't think I'd ever Bertie held up as the role model for others to try and emulate in terms of honesty.

I think you might be the only person in the country that still cares about that.

Part of his legacy. He tried to bluff his way through something he clearly knew little about.

It is perfectly acceptable to say that competence is more important than qualifications in your opinion, however that isn't the point. It is the lying about his qualifications that is the issue. I had the same view of Bertie who lied about his qualifications.

Then again, he is just one more proven liars among the list of proven Sinn Fein representatives who lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

So on a day were the Fine Fail party are in crisis behind the scenes, Fine Gael members starting to turn on the beloved Leo and the Greens just nodding along and agreeing to anything, all the talk has been about Sinn Fein and what a disgrace it was to attend a funeral.

Even what the DUP has said today, has got more posts on this thread than the new FFG/Greens double Govt thread.

There you have it lads, let's, all go back to funerals, that's, SF advice.
    No one should be punished for attending a, funeral, that's MLMDs advice, to the nation.
    The leader of the opposition and would be Taoiseach telling us, ignore govt and medical expert advice, go to funerals if you like, fcuk the advice basically.

joeguevara wrote: »
    I had more issue with simon harris being a journalist with no medical qualifications than his covid 19 gaffe.

I think Pearse is quite a formidable speaker but do wonder why he lied about his qualification for so long. But that is not my point at all. SF supporters jump on social media to regale us with everything that some 15 year old dreamt up in a meme but when its put back to them they throw their armalite out of the pram and start sucking on their balaclava.

He wasn't a journalist. He dropped out of a Journalism course.
    The Covid bluff was likely related to his having no medical knowledge one would think, or passing average punter knowledge for that matter.
    Are you suggesting all FG supporters are fascists?

• Advertisement

I find myself again having to agree with you, the traffic on this thread thanks to the full defence being put out by Sinn Fein, makes you wonder.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement