Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Bowie wrote: »
    He wasn't a journalist. He dropped out of a Journalism course.
    The Covid bluff was likely related to his having no medical knowledge one would think, or passing average punter knowledge for that matter.
    Are you suggesting all FG supporters are fascists?

What the actual fcuck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Mortelaro wrote: »
    1.That photograph was taken with a zoom lens
    Its not proof of lack of social distancing
    2.quarantine is absence from everybody,its usually for close contacts,symptomatic people and currently for people returning from abroad including GB
    If they practiced social distancing, and there's no evidence otherwise (with the exception of MoN) then there's no need to either absent from the Dáil or quarantine
    Calling for that in this case is just codswallop imho

I fuppin love your photo lens posts Mortelo. They are as wonderful as they are bizarre :)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

McMurphy wrote: »
    Let me know what part of me not caring what anyone claims to hold qualifications wise - so long as they're competent in their jobs I wasn't clear enough about and I'll go through it again with you.

We live in a state where a one time Minister for finance claimed not to have a bank account FFS.

Let Mr Doherty say he's a stunt double for Danny DeVito if he wants.
    Okay, I understand you now. Sorry to have been so obtuse, Randle.

Just curious, does your tolerance for lying apply just to educational qualifications or does it extend to other areas like sexual harassment, financial dealings or membership of illegal organisations?

We did indeed have a Minister of Finance who later claimed not to have a bank account. As I remember, that claim was made during a public inquiry which resulted in him leaving public office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

TheCitizen wrote: »
    You are cherry picking. The man who's funeral was being held was involved in a war that came to an end with the GFA. There were two sides to that conflict and various participants in the North, down here and in the UK. You're choosing to focus on incidents that happened from one side of the conflict.

Do you know exactly what he was involved in? You're letting on like you have a load of inside information on this man.

Only a Sinn Fein IRA supporter would describe it as a "war". It might have been a war if they shot back on Bloody Sunday or protected themselves against the mobs attacking them in 1969 before the army was deployed.

Putting a bomb anywhere to kill and maim innocent men, women, boys and girls you don't even know or shooting an unarmed man in front of his family or burying somemone's mother on a beach is not war. It is the act of a murdering sociopath.

This is not "old history" or past evils simply because you and others like you think it was all OK and justified and as we saw last week the Sinn Fein party are enthusiastic to honour and celebrate the life of such a man.

Its not OK and you don't seem to know that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blackwhite wrote: »
    Drumcondra's favourite son also tried to claim he was an accountant, despite not having a qualification.

I have to say - I didn't think I'd ever Bertie held up as the role model for others to try and emulate in terms of honesty.

I think the point of my post might have gone over your head.

I was using no Bank account Bertie, and the connections he had with Michaél "money in wife's account"at the time and how FG don't seem to have have an issue with either.

But God forbid you try and say you're qualified in something you dropped out of.....

Hang draw and quarter that bowsie!

• Advertisement

joeguevara wrote: »
    What the actual fcuck?

You suggest all SF voters, (assuming there are) are IRA inclined from birth.
    We know FG Councilor O'Leary admires the Blueshirts and likens their resolve to present day Fine Gael, but if that's your suggestion on SF, the same could be said about FG supporters? Both as silly mind.
    People know both parties affiliations but likely vote based on policies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

blanch152 wrote: »
    I find myself again having to agree with you, the traffic on this thread thanks to the full defence being put out by Sinn Fein, makes you wonder.

Your just a internet troll, cant have a debate, ignore what you dont like and keep going on and on at things that may annoy you.

Some of what you say is quite funny though.

They broke no laws, Michelle can come down here all she likes, the previous clown in charge and his buddies agreed to this, not SF, not the IRA, the previous Government agreed she could travel down here with no restrictions.

Like it or not, thats a fact.

They went to a friend and fellow Republicans funeral, with thousands of others and 250,000 people watching online. If you dont like it, fair enough you have made that point.

You still fail to say the FG TD going to the funeral of the Gardai was wrong because why, it wasnt SF.

Truthvader wrote: »
    Only a Sinn Fein IRA supporter would describe it as a "war". It might have been a war if they shot back on Bloody Sunday or protected themselves against the mobs attacking them in 1969 before the army was deployed.

Putting a bomb anywhere to kill and maim innocent men, women, boys and girls you don't even know or shooting an unarmed man in front of his family or burying somemone's mother on a beach is not war. It is the act of a murdering sociopath.

This is not "old history" or past evils simply because you and others like you think it was all OK and justified and as we saw last week the Sinn Fein party are enthusiastic to honour and celebrate the life of such a man.

Its not OK and you don't seem to know that

I support SF's housing policy.
    If you can point to their pro car bomb policy be sure to let me know ;)

We know FG Councilor O'Leary admires the Blueshirts and likens their resolve to present day Fine Gael, but if that's you suggestion on SF, the same could be said about FG supporters? Both as silly mind.

I never said anything of the sort. Hate both SF and FG and FF equally. I was saying that supporters should judge people on their actual actions in politics and not on whether they fall into a meme that a 15 year old posts on their facebook.

Constantly brining up blueshirts is stupid though as they are not in modern times. IRA is still going and there are strong connections to SF. But again irrelevant. Why deflect on the past what SF are ineffectual at doing today.

I never said anything of the sort. Hate both SF and FG and FF equally. I was saying that supporters should judge people on their actual actions in politics and not on whether they fall into a meme that a 15 year old posts on their facebook.

Constantly brining up blueshirts is stupid though as they are not in modern times. IRA is still going and there are strong connections to SF. But again irrelevant. Why deflect on the past what SF are ineffectual at doing today.

Bringing up the IRA is as relevant to each person as they feel it is. Have at it. Suggesting anyone supporting SF, giving them a vote or simply criticising FG is a 'RA man is nonsense.

Was FG councilor O'Leary brought up the Blueshirts the other week.
    If you've info on MLMD planting pipe bombs present it.

• Advertisement

Bringing up the IRA is as relevant to each person as they feel it is. Have at it. Suggesting anyone supporting SF, giving them a vote or simply criticising FG is a 'RA man is nonsense.

Was FG councilor O'Leary brought up the Blueshirts the other week.
    If you info on MLMD planting pipe bombs present it.

when have I ever said anything about IRA and SF. I think you have me confused with someone else bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

We know FG Councilor O'Leary admires the Blueshirts and likens their resolve to present day Fine Gael, but if that's you suggestion on SF, the same could be said about FG supporters? Both as silly mind.
    What the actual fcuck?

To be honest, despite the supposed clarification, I am with Joe. What point are you trying to make?

Getting back to the main story of the day, I see now that "now, apart from Sinn Féin, all four other parties on the Northern Executive - the DUP, SDLP, Ulster Unionist Party and Alliance – want Ms O’Neill to step aside."

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/michelle-o-neill-will-not-step-aside-under-any-circumstances-despite-calls-from-other-parties-after-storey-funeral-1.4294428

We are now in the territory where Sinn Fein collapsed the Assembly because Arlene Foster wouldn't step aside. It is once again rank hypocrisy and duplicitous behaviour from Sinn Fein.

I think the point that she is travelling all over the country, Belfast one minute, Dublin the next, some other place for a funeral, that is reckless behaviour on reckless behaviour. At least the DUP are not going as far as Sinn Fein did in collapsing the Assembly.

"Mr Donaldson questioned would this be the right action in “the middle of a pandemic”.

“Are we seriously saying that the right thing to do is bring the Executive crashing down because of the wrongdoing of Sinn Féin? Sinn Féin need to step up now and take responsibility for what they have done,” he said.

“We should not be punishing the people of Northern Ireland for this. Sinn Féin are the people who need to take that responsibility,” he added. "

I would guess that there will be some pointed comments when the Dail resumes. Mary-Lou might be best staying away for her own good.

The IRA disbanded near 2 decades ago man.

The Provos now, if you dont know hate Sinn Fein which is well known.

https://www.thesun.ie/uncategorized/5110377/new-ira-threats-sinn-fein-stupid-dangerous/

The IRA disbanded near 2 decades ago man.

The Provos now, if you dont know hate Sinn Fein which is well known.

https://www.thesun.ie/uncategorized/5110377/new-ira-threats-sinn-fein-stupid-dangerous/

FFS I have never mentioned SF and IRA or Provo or Sticky or I never lived in Andystown in the same breath. Why are you suggesting I did.

FFS I have never mentioned SF and IRA or Provo or Sticky or I never lived in Andystown in the same breath. Why are you suggesting I did.

"IRA is still going and there are strong connections to SF"

"IRA is still going and there are strong connections to SF"

There are still connections between IRA and SF. That does not mean that SF supporters are IRA supporters as was alluded to previously.

If you want to suggest the IRA and their army council do not exist, fair play.

when have I ever said anything about IRA and SF. I think you have me confused with someone else bud.

Here?:pac:

Here?:pac:

Connections and being one of the same are two different things. I can be a spurs supporter and like chicken. Doesn't mean all spurs supporters like chicken. FFS lads.

Connections and being one of the same are two different things. I can be a spurs supporter and like chicken. Doesn't mean all spurs supporters like chicken. FFS lads.

Relax Joe, I thought the PAC emoji was a dead giveaway I was taking the Michael.:D

Relax Joe, I thought the PAC emoji was a dead giveaway I was taking the Michael.:D

I know you were. Others not so much lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

Minister for Energy has no experience in laundering diesel and Minister for Defence has never provided training to guerilla groups in South America. What experience do these lot actually have.
    as much as minister foley, more experienc3ed in the dail for one

I support SF's housing policy.
    If you can point to their pro car bomb policy be sure to let me know ;)

Ehh......... How about this from today's Times

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/to-leave-sinn-f%C3%A9in-is-to-leave-the-ira-adams-told-ardfheis-1.2907103

• Registered Users Posts: 8,820 ✭✭✭blackwhite

I think the point of my post might have gone over your head.

I was using no Bank account Bertie, and the connections he had with Michaél "money in wife's account"at the time and how FG don't seem to have have an issue with either.

But God forbid you try and say you're qualified in something you dropped out of.....

Hang draw and quarter that bowsie!

I think it's your head the point keeps shooting over.
    As i said already, some folk here have a problem with a lack of education level,

Nobody has expressed any problems with his education levels - they've a problem with him lying about it.

We all know if it was someone from FG caught in a lie like that it'd be shoe-horned awkwardly into every second one of your posts. But it's SF - so continue the deflection ::p

Your questioned a comment I made to another poster. I was explaining my comment.

Your questioned a comment I made to another poster. I was explaining my comment.

Ninja edit.

You brought up craziness about fascism. If you are going to explain your comment do so. I’d like to see the reasoning to tell you the truth,

SF are very proud of their IRA connection as seen by a funeral of a former member the other day ;)

If you vote SF, do you decide based on a different time, before the peace process, in a different jurisdiction or based on the obvious clear IRA links within the party?
    If voting FG do you do so because of the fascist roots, the antisemetism of Oliver J. Flanagan, etc.?
    If you vote FF, do you do so because Haughey was a swell guy?
    Or in any case vote for the party putting forward the policies appeal to you most? I would suggest that's what many people do.

MM said the other day that civil war politics was over. My understanding is the peace process began with the cessation of IRA activities sealed with the GFA back in the nineties.
    Some people, like myself will give any party a vote if they've policies they like.

Ninja edit.

You brought up craziness about fascism. If you are going to explain your comment do so. I’d like to see the reasoning to tell you the truth,

Yes, I do that a lot. On the phone. So what?
    I responded to a comment, you jumped in. Yes I did to show my point. Read my comment. It's all there.

SF are very proud of their IRA connection as seen by a funeral of a former member the other day ;)

If you vote SF, do you decide based on a different time, before the peace process, in a different jurisdiction or based on the obvious clear IRA links within the party?
    If voting FG do you do so because of the fascist roots, the antisemetism of Oliver J. Flanagan, etc.?
    If you vote FF, do you do so because Haughey was a swell guy?
    Or in any case vote for the party putting forward the policies appeal to you most? I would suggest that's what many people do.

MM said the other day that civil war politics was over. My understanding is the peace process began with the cessation of IRA activities sealed with the GFA back in the nineties.
    Some people, like myself will give any party a vote if they've policies they like.

You just dont get it. Its not OK to murder. And its not OK to celebrate and glorify sociopaths. People who do so are not fit to govern anything

• Advertisement

You just dont get it. Its not OK to murder. And its not OK to celebrate and glorify sociopaths. People who do so are not fit to govern anything

Depends on your definition doesn't it?
    I get you are hung up on the IRA like it's a big secret. Run tell the villagers!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement