Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

blanch152 wrote: »
    Arlene isn't Irish, that is the fundamental flaw in your thinking. She is British, and is entitled to be British. By surrendering and accepting the GFA, the IRA accepted that that is her right.
    Some Unionists regard themselves as both Irish and British in the same way that you can be both Scottish and British.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Not your brand anyhow.
    What's the next move? More dissident activity?

It worked in the past, by your logic. No stomach for it anymore??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Bonniedog wrote: »
    They were fighting for a Catholic Deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland :-)

That is not an answer. What did they actually do? "fighting for a catholic et etc" is not something that you go to prison for. Again what did yhey actually do?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Truthvader wrote: »
    That is not an answer. What did they actually do? "fighting for a catholic et etc" is not something that you go to prison for. Again what did yhey actually do?

I was being facetious, as this is what the new Shinners would have people believe was the objective.

They were IRA Volunteers.

• Advertisement

Fair enough. I could not take a dissident position to an agreement that legitimised getting rid of partition and delivered so much for Irish people.

I think it took fundamentally brave men and women to accept that armed conflict had reached stalemate and nobody was going to win.
    I think Adams and McGuinness's achievement in holding the peace was incredible. Took me a long time to believe their bona fides. A peaceful transition to a UI will be a testament to both.

Drivel. It took fudementally depraved men to see an opportunity in a failed state to orchestrate a cruel campaign of savagery mainly inflicted on their own people to maitain control in the pursuit of power, to persuade 13 of their own young men to starve themselves to death get publicity for themselves and to keep at it until they took control of their tribal areas and extorted a flow of money from the British.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Some Unionists regard themselves as both Irish and British in the same way that you can be both Scottish and British.

Of course some Unionists regard themselves as Irish.
    The United Kingdom is between GB and Northern Ireland after all. We all agreed on that years ago, including Bobby Storey

I was being facetious, as this is what the new Shinners would have people believe was the objective.

They were IRA Volunteers.

Again what did they actually do? Perhaps they tried to defend Catholic areas from Loyalist ethnic cleansing in 1969 which would be a brave and necessary thing to do or perhaps they murdered unarmed fathers in front of their children, planted bombs in pubs and discos filled with young people etc etc which would be a depraved pointless and cowardly thing to do

So again what did these people actually do?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Arlene isn't Irish, that is the fundamental flaw in your thinking. She is British, and is entitled to be British. By surrendering and accepting the GFA, the IRA accepted that that is her right.

The linkage of race and nationality to territory is the cause of so many wars in this world of ours. Yes, we should respect distinction, yes if people want to come together as one race or one nation, let them, but it is not based on territory, it is based on shared experiences. We don't need a united Ireland to have a united Irish people - that is the essence of the reformed Article 2, and that is the message we have to embrace.

Those who cling to the old tenets of nationalism are the dinosaurs of our time.

One little flaw in your thinking, the title is The United kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland] ,so she's not British, maybe you should ask her to do one of those DNA ancestry tests just to prove that the former Ms Kelly is not British

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Manna from heaven for the Unionists, they'll try and keep this going until the 12th, ably assisted by our outraged partitionists in the south no doubt.

She'll be wanting O'Neill to disown Storey altogether next.

A Shinner distancing themselves from terrorist scum.. Not in this lifetime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Power sharing in running part of the UK has nothing to do with republicanism.
    And neither has slaughtering young people on a night out in Birmingham families remembering their war dead at Enniskillen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

One little flaw in your thinking, the title is The United kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland] ,so she's not British, maybe you should ask her to do one of those DNA ancestry tests just to prove that the former Ms Kelly is not British

Please, not this rubbish again.

Edgware wrote: »
    And neither has slaughtering young people on a night out in Birmingham families remembering their war dead at Enniskillen

Or running the UVF and supplying them with intelligence and weapons to murder hundreds of Fenians and bomb the capital city of another state.

(That was the Brits by the way ..)

Again what did they actually do? Perhaps they tried to defend Catholic areas from Loyalist ethnic cleansing in 1969 which would be a brave and necessary thing to do or perhaps they murdered unarmed fathers in front of their children, planted bombs in pubs and discos filled with young people etc etc which would be a depraved pointless and cowardly thing to do

So again what did these people actually do?

You didn't have to anything to end up in Ballykinlar or the Curragh. Clue is in the word "internment camp."

Portlaoise one was for membership of Provies.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Drivel. It took fudementally depraved men to see an opportunity in a failed state to orchestrate a cruel campaign of savagery mainly inflicted on their own people to maitain control in the pursuit of power, to persuade 13 of their own young men to starve themselves to death get publicity for themselves and to keep at it until they took control of their tribal areas and extorted a flow of money from the British.

I do often wonder, in an age when people can move freely how it is that people don't flee these 'tribal areas controlled by depraved men'.

I do often wonder some more how do these 'depraved men' get so many to elect and re-elect them as their leaders. Or to turn out in their thousands to pay their respects when one of these 'depraved men' die in these 'tribal areas'.

The rational explanation of the above to me would be that the idea that these 'tribal areas are controlled by depraved men' is a load of stereotypical nonsense and that there has to be a more reasonable and credible explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

I do often wonder, in an age when people can move freely how it is that people don't flee these 'tribal areas controlled by depraved men'.

I do often wonder some more how do these 'depraved men' get so many to elect and re-elect them as their leaders. Or to turn out in their thousands to pay their respects when one of these 'depraved men' die in these 'tribal areas'.

The rational explanation of the above to me would be that the idea that these 'tribal areas are controlled by depraved men' is a load of stereotypical nonsense and that there has to be a more reasonable and credible explanation.

To be fair Francie , depravity is judged on acts not popularity. Plenty of examples throughout history of depraved men being popular.

jh79 wrote: »
    To be fair Francie , depravity is judged on acts not popularity. Plenty of examples throughout history of depraved men being popular.

In the free world JH I can think of very very few, if any 'depraved men' who are routinely elected again and again when other choices are available. Can you?

Money is part of the answer. Fear part, plus many did flee the six counties. Doesnt explain it all though and one can but wonder how people can support or vote for such a low low calibre of person. Only you know Francie. You are a full time promoter apologist and supporter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

In the free world JH I can think of very very few, if any 'depraved men' who are routinely elected again and again when other choices are available. Can you?

Are you suggesting Kingsmill for example becomes less depraved as time goes by and SF's popularity increases?

You didn't have to anything to end up in Ballykinlar or the Curragh. Clue is in the word "internment camp."

Portlaoise one was for membership of Provies.

OK if your family were imprisoned for no reason that is wrong and you are rightly aggrieved.

The person who was a member of "the Provies" who were dedicated to murder, stealing and assault clearly got what he deserved And no doubt is now reaping the benefits of the "peace process" - which he does not deserve

• Advertisement

Money is part of the answer. Fear part, plus many did flee the six counties. Doesnt explain it all though and one can but wonder how people can support or vote for such a low low calibre of person. Only you know Francie. You are a full time promoter apologist and supporter

Thousands and thousands are voting freely for these people because of money?

Do elaborate.

I don't feel aggrieved, nor did they. It's history. No point in dwelling unhealthily on the past.

Of course anyone who joins any military organisation that uses violence is responsible for its actions even if not personally involved in them.

Same applies to those on British military, intelligence and political side with regards to supervising the loyalist campaign I referred to above. And indeed at the very least allowing the likes of Scap to torture and murder people.

No clean hands on either side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

DINNY DINNY DINNY

*oops wrong thread :D

I don't feel aggrieved, nor did they. It's history. No point in dwelling unhealthily on the past.

Of course anyone who joins any military organisation that uses violence is responsible for its actions even if not personally involved in them.

Same applies to those on British military, intelligence and political side with regards to supervising the loyalist campaign I referred to above. And indeed at the very least allowing the likes of Scap to torture and murder people.

No clean hands on either side.

Agreed though british military intelligence are not asking for my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The bit in bold is the biggest lie put forward by the SF/IRA apologists.

The people never wanted the IRA. They only voted for Sinn Fein once the IRA stopped killing people for no reason. Yes, the nationalist people, they wanted a united Ireland, but they never wanted idiotic kids and criminal sociopaths to go around killing and bombing to get one. However, they are still a minority in the North.

What the people want, and the election results show this time and again, is peace and to remain part of the UK. It is delusional to imagine anything else.

Again, theres no need for an apology. SF are pround to go to the funeral of an IRA man. Have IRA in their party. You can keep trying to push it as a dirty secret but it's not reality. Its public knowledge.
    The bit in bold is an opinion on how they came about not an apology.
    If they never wanted them they would have gone the way or the Blueshirts.
    Your opinion forgets the people weren't asked if they wanted to remain in the UK and many of them were not afforded the same rights as others.
    But you know all this.

Bowie wrote: »
    Again, theres no need for an apology. SF are pround to go to the funeral of an IRA man. Have IRA in their party. You can keep trying to push it as a dirty secret but it's not reality. Its public knowledge.
    The bit in bold is an opinion on how they came about not an apology.
    If they never wanted them they would have gone the way or the Blueshirts.
    Your opinion forgets the people weren't asked if they wanted to remain in the UK and many of them were not afforded the same rights as others.
    But you know all this.

And your first sentence is precisely why they are not fit to govern civilised people

And your first sentence is precisely why they are not fit to govern civilised people

What's civilised? Using taxpayer hard earned money to profit private business? Writing off millions in debt for gamblers? Fraud? Cronyism? Looking after our own? Crashing the economy?
    Thanks in no small part to SF people from all communities have the option of voting for whom ever they like.

What's civilised? Using taxpayer hard earned money to profit private business? Writing off millions in debt for gamblers? Fraud? Cronyism? Looking after our own? Crashing the economy?
    Thanks in no small part to SF people from all communities have the option of voting for whom ever they like.

Thanks in no small pary to SF people from all communities are dead

Agreed though british military intelligence are not asking for my vote.

The Tories are.

• Advertisement

The Tories are.

No not running here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement