Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Truthvader wrote: »
    No not running here

Because we're not British. Thanks to terrorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Or running the UVF and supplying them with intelligence and weapons to murder hundreds of Fenians and bomb the capital city of another state.

(That was the Brits by the way ..)
    I cant remember UVF or British claiming to be republicans not that any of their actions would justify Birmingham or Enniskillen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

blanch152 wrote: »
    The bit in bold is the biggest lie put forward by the SF/IRA apologists.

The people never wanted the IRA. They only voted for Sinn Fein once the IRA stopped killing people for no reason. Yes, the nationalist people, they wanted a united Ireland, but they never wanted idiotic kids and criminal sociopaths to go around killing and bombing to get one. However, they are still a minority in the North.

What the people want, and the election results show this time and again, is peace and to remain part of the UK. It is delusional to imagine anything else.

The bit in bold is the biggest lie put forward by the likes of yourself. I dont know which part of the north you grew up (which lets be honest, you didnt and you seem to know nothing of the place), but where I came from the PIRA were the only people who would do anything for you if you were beaten, robbed, burgled etc. The people DID want them - no point saying otherwise. They also DIDN'T want them as it would be much better if there was no need for them - but that was the society that had been been forced upon everyone - and all sides reacted to it.

Thats not going to stop the likes of you though talking absolute bollocks about the north - I know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Edgware wrote: »
    I cant remember UVF or British claiming to be republicans not that any of their actions would justify Birmingham or Enniskillen

am I reading that right? Are you saying the british government never pretended to be republicans - ie plant a bomb and blame someone else? Youre right in that you've never heard them say that. thats because they wont - they will eventually though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Bowie wrote: »
    The Tories are.

And will you be voting for them?

• Advertisement

feargale wrote: »
    And will you be voting for them?

Fine Gael would need make a lot of changes to get a vote off me.

If they never wanted them they would have gone the way or the Blueshirts.

Or Hitler's fellow travellers, for whom you will vote.

Truthvader wrote: »
    No not running here
    Because we're not British.

Make up your mind. They are running here or they are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Why exactly did the shinners fail to form part of the government?

Was it by design or did they simply negotiate poorly?

Either way, I feel it may favour them. If, as I believe then we are a pube away form a serious economic downturn and the current government will be left holding the baby.

It's practical a certainty that FF will bollox up the country again perhaps playing into SF hands

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

irish-fascist-leader-eoin-oduffy-with-his-blueshirts-in-ireland-68997331.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

McMurphy wrote: »
    irish-fascist-leader-eoin-oduffy-with-his-blueshirts-in-ireland-68997331.png

To be fair now,with the benefit of hindsight like,if most of that movement knew what we know now about what fascists were up to or planned to get up to in Europe ,it wouldn't have caught on at all
    It was also a movement to píss off the British too,to be fair because the enemies enemy is your friend etc
    Luckily it merged/disbanded into a more political outfit prior to ballooning into anything near what it thought it wanted to emulate at the time in Europe

Thank you. That is precisely my point. The shinners go on and on about FG and the blueshirts, persist in calling FG blueshirts, while in fact they gave succour and support to Nazi Germany well after FG severed its ties with crazy O'Duffy. Call FG the blueshirts - I'll call SF Hitler's fellow travellers. Incidentally I thought that message had got
    through to the master puppeteer of the Shinners keyboard warriors because I noticed less of the blueshirt jibe online in recent times.
    In saying all this I recognise the fascism that infected a minority in FG at a time, but the persistent miscalling of the party simply undermines SF hypocritical double standards and amnesia re their own despicable past. Every WWII IRA leader (and there were a number of them) was a Hitler ally as were the rank and file.

Quote: blanch152
    The bit in bold is the biggest lie put forward by the SF/IRA apologists.

The people never wanted the IRA. They only voted for Sinn Fein once the IRA stopped killing people for no reason. Yes, the nationalist people, they wanted a united Ireland, but they never wanted idiotic kids and criminal sociopaths to go around killing and bombing to get one. However, they are still a minority in the North.

What the people want, and the election results show this time and again, is peace and to remain part of the UK. It is delusional to imagine anything else.

maccored wrote: »
    The bit in bold is the biggest lie put forward by the likes of yourself. I dont know which part of the north you grew up (which lets be honest, you didnt and you seem to know nothing of the place), but where I came from the PIRA were the only people who would do anything for you if you were beaten, robbed, burgled etc. The people DID want them - no point saying otherwise. They also DIDN'T want them as it would be much better if there was no need for them - but that was the society that had been been forced upon everyone - and all sides reacted to it.

Thats not going to stop the likes of you though talking absolute bollocks about the north - I know that.[/quote]

Basic lesson in civics: when you want to know what people want you count votes. SF never got a mandate at the ballot box while the IRA were killing people. Now I know that the level SF/IRA's enthusiasm for the ballot box is in direct ratio to the level of their performance at elections. I remember expressions of utter contempt for the people's verdict when it wasn't favourable to them.
    Sure the few who did get elected during the bombing and shooting only got the nod because the voters knew they weren't in the IRA, like Gerry for instance.

maccored wrote: »
    Thats not going to stop the likes of you though talking absolute bollocks about the north - I know that.

God, do I remember that old shibboleth! When we southerners opened our mouths we were told we knew nothing about it. When we said nothing we were told we didn't care.
    We were supposed to sit silently and answer yes sir, no sir.
    Did Hume and Mallon know anything about it? Are you saying the people didn't want them? You need to brush up on your sums.

Stretching boss. DeValera was fond of Hitler, passed condolences along to the Gernan ambassador. The Blueshirts wanted to emulate the fascists of europe and FG councilor O'Leary was tweeting his admiration for the Blueshirts and likening their resolve to FG of today, just the other week. But none of any of this comes into play for me when I vote. I look at the policies each party claimed to have and choose accordingly. You really should try it.
    I have voted for every party at one time or another based on their policies. The whole team sport thing is pretty sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Mortelaro wrote: »
    To be fair now,with the benefit of hindsight like,if most of that movement knew what we know now about what fascists were up to or planned to get up to in Europe ,it wouldn't have caught on at all
    It was also a movement to píss off the British too,to be fair because the enemies enemy is your friend etc
    Luckily it merged/disbanded into a more political outfit prior to ballooning into anything near what it thought it wanted to emulate at the time in Europe

If the fascists only knew what fascists stood for they wouldn't have become fascists?
    What did they think they stood for?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,916 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Other than acting like twats with airsoft weapons what is the point here?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭joeguevara

De valera sending condolences to Hitler was more about his relationship with the German ambassador who it is said behaved without reproach during the war. People who raise the condolences always fail to mention that the tricolour remained at full mast but was lowered at half mast for Roosevelt for 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

:)

That's the closest they ever got a gun I'd say.

One of them holding an AK by the magazine!

joeguevara wrote: »
    De valera sending condolences to Hitler was more about his relationship with the German ambassador who it is said behaved without reproach during the war. People who raise the condolences always fail to mention that the tricolour remained at full mast but was lowered at half mast for Roosevelt for 4 days.

He inferred SF were fascists based on I know not what. I simply gave the connections others have. It was a poor attempt at point scoring considering the histories of all the main parties. FF did wine and dine some Nazis I believe but I think it was more enemy of my enemy.

• Advertisement

Stretching boss. DeValera was fond of Hitler, passed condolences along to the Gernan ambassador. The Blueshirts wanted to emulate the fascists of europe and FG councilor O'Leary was tweeting his admiration for the Blueshirts and likening their resolve to FG of today, just the other week. But none of any of this comes into play for me when I vote. I look at the policies each party claimed to have and choose accordingly. You really should try it.

That is utter bulls**t, akin to Adams never in the IRA.

Dev's own words:

"I could have had a diplomatic illness but, as you know, I would scorn that sort of thing…So long as we retained our diplomatic relations with Germany, to have failed to call upon the German representative would have been an act of unpardonable discourtesy to the German nation and to Dr Hempel himself. During the whole of the war, Dr Hempel’s conduct was irreproachable. He was always friendly and invariably correct—in marked contrast with Gray. I certainly was not going to add to his humiliation in the hour of defeat." Gray was an utter bully in Dublin, and an incompetent diplomat whose only qualification forvthe job was his relationshipnto Mrs Roosevelt.

De Valera felt that shirking his visit would have set a bad precedent. It was, he thought, of considerable importance that the formal acts of courtesy should be made on occasions such as the death of a head of state and that they should not have attached to them any further significance, such as connoting approval or disapproval of the politics of the state in question or of its head: Dev noted that there was little publicity given to the fact that the Dáil had been adjourned on the death of President Roosevelt.

It was a gesture of respect to a career diplomat who, in contrast to Gray, had behaved impeccably during the war. Hempel resisted joining the Nazi Party and only did so under duress as late as 1938.

Suppose Dev did the exact opposite, no gesture to Hempel, but refused the Brits permission to fly over Donegal, weather reports, food supplies (reason for the Campile bombing, incidentally) etc. The swastika would have flown over Dublin, care of Sean Quisling Russell.

SF are dredging the bottom of the barrel in trying to deflect from their Nazi fellow-traveller past.

I have voted for every party at one time or another based on their policies. The whole team sport thing is pretty sad.

I'm reminded of my friendly discussions with Mormon missionaries years ago.
    "Did you ever doubt your faith?"
    "Yes, many times, but not anymore."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Bonniedog wrote: »
    :)

That's the closest they ever got a gun I'd say.

One of them holding an AK by the magazine!

Bunch of fat rednecks pose with guns - Trump's Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭celt262

Yep them boyos pull the strings.

They're gone full on Trump he says,including boycotting the Belfast newsletter

• Registered Users Posts: 68,916 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Mortelaro wrote: »
    They're gone full on Trump he says,including boycotting the Belfast newsletter

There's more than SF boycotting the Newsletter, it's hanging on by a thread financially.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Why does Flanagan seem to have such a sympathetic leaning towards oppressors? Here he is kissing the arse of someone accused of facilitating the murder of 70 civilians.

https://twitter.com/var_dee/status/1279118683554689024?s=08

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Why is everyone going on about Hitler etc? Its 2020 and only one party follows the National Socislist program of infantile Nationalism, blood sacrifice, recovery of lost lands and the promise of state largesse while retaining an army of thug enforcers

There's more than SF boycotting the Newsletter, it's hanging on by a thread financially.

Why are SF involved in sectarianist censorship in not inviting the newsletter to MoN's press briefing?

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    Why does Flanagan seem to have such a sympathetic leaning towards oppressors? Here he is kissing the arse of someone accused of facilitating the murder of 70 civilians.

https://twitter.com/var_dee/status/1279118683554689024?s=08

He also attended Bobby Storey's funeral, so maybe he's inclusive?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement