Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,916 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Why are SF involved in sectarianist censorship in not inviting the newsletter to MoN's press briefing?

'Sectarian'?

What does that mean in this context?

'Why they didn't invite'? You'll have to ask SF that. A personal falling out over something maybe? Like Enda and Vinnie Browne?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

smurgen wrote: »
    Why does Flanagan seem to have such a sympathetic leaning towards oppressors? Here he is kissing the arse of someone accused of facilitating the murder of 70 civilians.

https://twitter.com/var_dee/status/1279118683554689024?s=08

It's like Charlie purposely goes out of his way to be as controversial and and anti nationalist/republican as he can be tbh.

A troll in other words.

Willie Frazer certainly was one of those lads who deprived the local villagers of their idiot everytime he left the area though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

'Sectarian'?

What does that mean in this context?

'Why they didn't invite'? You'll have to ask SF that. A personal falling out over something maybe? Like Enda and Vinnie Browne?

'You'll have to ask SF that'
    So you're not able to explain

Does any other party in Ireland boycott an entire news outlet?
    Its very Trumpian
    Boris is at it with the BBC and Channel 4 where ministers fail to appear because of tough questions

It smacks of SF wanting to censor tough questions
    The optics of excluding a unionist ethos newspaper is awful imho

'You'll have to ask SF that'
    So you're not able to explain

Does any other party in Ireland boycott an entire news outlet?
    Its very Trumpian
    Boris is at it with the BBC and Channel 4 where ministers fail to appear because of tough questions

It smacks of SF wanting to censor tough questions
    The optics of excluding a unionist ethos newspaper is awful imho

'A Unionist ethos' newspaper? :):)

That is like complaining about An Phoblacht not being invited to FG's photo ops.

By the way, you only have the Unionist newspapers word for this boycott AFAICS.

'A Unionist ethos' newspaper? :):)

That is like complaining about An Phoblacht not being invited to FG's photo ops.

By the way, you only have the Unionist newspapers word for this boycott AFAICS.

no its not
    So the newsletter is lying
    I see

• Advertisement

no its not
    So the newsletter is lying
    I see

Are you saying newspapers with a political bias ethos would never lie, be liberal with the truth? Bless your innocent wee socks!

:):)

Are you saying newspapers with a political bias ethos would never lie, be liberal with the truth? Bless your innocent wee socks!

:):)

so you're saying the Newsletter is lying
    I see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Now now now, remember the code lads. No-one was barred or not invited. Sinn Fein "activists" became aware of "understandable anger" in " the community" and became "concerned for the safety" of certain journalists and felt compelled to " advise them" of those concerns. We would advise anyone who feels threatened to go to the PSNI etc etc

so you're saying the Newsletter is lying
    I see

Quick look there - the Newsletter has 11,000 readers and falling.
    The Belfast Telegraph has 155,000 daily readers.

Maybe they were overlooked because of their significance?

I notice you turned a sentence that says simply '(the Newsletter wasn't invited)' into a full blown 'sectarian boycott'. :) That escalated quickly :)

Quick look there - the Newsletter has 11,000 readers and falling.
    The Belfast Telegraph has 155,000 daily readers.

Maybe they were overlooked because of their significance?

I notice you turned a sentence that says simply '(the Newsletter wasn't invited)' into a full blown 'sectarian boycott'. :) That escalated quickly :)

were the Irish news there?

• Advertisement

were the Irish news there?

I have no idea...you are the man with your finger on the pulse of 'sectarian boycotts' and sectarian inclusions.

Get on the case there Mort, report back to us.

I have no idea...you are the man with your finger on the pulse of 'sectarian boycotts' and sectarian inclusions.

Get on the case there Mort, report back to us.
    Your first replies were,they're lying,an poblacht aren't invited to FG news conferences
    They're too small
    They're biased
    In other words, you're avoiding the tough questions on the boycott ,

Does such a boycott like that signal SF's attitude in government here if there's tough questions? Yes it does
    I'm not aware of any other party that has done this in Ireland are you?

Your first replies were,they're lying,an poblacht aren't invited to FG news conferences
    They're too small
    They're biased
    In other words, you're avoiding the tough questions on the boycott ,
    A newspaper says it wasn't invited to a press conference and that is eveidence of a 'boycott'?
    You think the Telegraph are not capable of asking 'tough questions'?

Does such a boycott like that signal SF's attitude in government here if there's tough questions? Yes it does
    I'm not aware of any other party that has done this in Ireland are you?

Does Enda Kenny's boycott of tough questions on Vincent Browne indicate anything about Fine Gael?

https://theliberal.ie/gay-marriage-fianna-fail-refused-our-journalists-access-to-their-press-conference-this-morning/

Fine Gael issued a directive apparently for all TD's etc to boycott the 'Peoples Debate' hosted by Vincent Browne on TV3

When you are going to start throwing stones Mort...check out whether you are going to break your own windows first.

A newspaper says it wasn't invited to a press conference and that is eveidence of a 'boycott'?
    You think the Telegraph are not capable of asking 'tough questions'?

Does Enda Kenny's boycott of tough questions on Vincent Browne indicate anything about Fine Gael?

https://theliberal.ie/gay-marriage-fianna-fail-refused-our-journalists-access-to-their-press-conference-this-morning/

Fine Gael issued a directive apparently for all TD's etc to boycott the 'Peoples Debate' hosted by Vincent Browne on TV3

When you are going to start throwing stones Mort...check out whether you are going to break your own windows first.

Enda didn't boycott TV3 or news outlets asking tough questions
    So like for like please, why were the newsletter not invited?
    Are they as you say lying,too small,its because An Poblacht aren't at FG news conferences or they're biased
    All excuses you've put up in the last hour
    Very trumpian

Enda didn't boycott TV3 or news outlets asking tough questions
    So like for like please, why were the newsletter not invited?
    Are they as you say lying,too small,its because An Poblacht aren't at FG news conferences or they're biased
    All excuses you've put up in the last hour
    Very trumpian

They are not 'excuses'. I'm as in the dark as you are. I don't even know if it is true.

You however have escalated it to a full scale 'sectarian boycott'. :)

And also are positing the theory that Enda didn't avoid 'hard questions'. :):)

They are not 'excuses'. I'm as in the dark as you are. I don't even know if it is true.

You however have escalated it to a full scale 'sectarian boycott'. :)

And also are positing the theory that Enda didn't avoid 'hard questions'. :):)

So you've settled on the 'they're lying' theory
    I never said Enda 'didn't avoid hard questions '
    He didn't boycott whole news outlets
    That would be sinister

So you've settled on the 'they're lying' theory
    I never said Enda 'didn't avoid hard questions '
    He didn't boycott whole news outlets
    That would be sinister

Here is the sentence you have jumped the shark on.

(the Newsletter was not invited)

That has become a full scale sectarian boycott of a news outlet.

Good man Mort. Keeping things in perspective you will never be accused of anyhow. :)

Here is the sentence you have jumped the shark on.

(the Newsletter was not invited)

That has become a full scale sectarian boycott of a news outlet.

Good man Mort. Keeping things in perspective you will never be accused of anyhow. :)

So there's no boycott and the newsletter is lying?
    Ok

So there's no boycott and the newsletter is lying?
    Ok

No boycott I am aware of.
    Can you demonstrate one?

Is the newspaper lying; I don't know that either and never said I did. They may be lying though.

Edit: I note the 'sectarian' bit has been dropped...progress!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

feargale wrote: »
    That is utter bulls**t, akin to Adams never in the IRA....

SF are dredging the bottom of the barrel in trying to deflect from their Nazi fellow-traveller past.

I'm reminded of my friendly discussions with Mormon missionaries years ago.
    "Did you ever doubt your faith?"
    "Yes, many times, but not anymore."

If DeV the man defrauded thousands of Irish the world over said it, it must be true.
    You raised the fasicist/Nazi connection common to all major Irish parties at the time so cool the faux outrage.
    If you lived in the real world you'd realise, based on election results, many people switch their votes about. Right now I'd take SF head and shoulders above FG/FF and I prefer the SD's. Get over it.

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »
    . Get over it.
    I think if you expect the mutual criticism of voting intentions to end here, you'll be sorely disappointed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I think if you expect the mutual criticism of voting intentions to end here, you'll be sorely disappointed

I don't. I'm trying to educate him on the fact that not everyone votes the same way in every election.
    And calling out the low hanging hypocrisy of FF/FG is not a sign that you vote for any specific party.
    I openly vote SD, SF and admit to being a Labour party member in the past and having voted FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I see even Gene Kerrigan taking a pop at SF today in the Sindo. And a strong piece from Máiría Cahill, a woman whose name SF and its online patsies did their best to try and drag through the mud.

I don't. I'm trying to educate him on the fact that not everyone votes the same way in every election.
    And calling out the low hanging hypocrisy of FF/FG is not a sign that you vote for any specific party.
    I openly vote SD, SF and admit to being a Labour party member in the past and having voted FG.

Ah anyone reading here would associate you with sinn féin,mostly defending them etc,same as I seem to be doing with FG
    It's a reflection on the posters economic and societal preferences

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

If DeV the man defrauded thousands of Irish the world over said it, it must be true.
    You raised the fasicist/Nazi connection common to all major Irish parties at the time so cool the faux outrage.
    If you lived in the real world you'd realise, based on election results, many people switch their votes about. Right now I'd take SF head and shoulders above FG/FF and I prefer the SD's. Get over it.

Newspaper articles this weekend are comparing Sunn Fein with fascist parties because they tick some of the boxes associated with fascist parties.
    Private army. Check
    Cult of personality. Check
    Theatrical quasi military funerals Check
    Justification of political violence. Check

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Newspaper articles this weekend are comparing Sunn Fein with fascist parties because they tick some of the boxes associated with fascist parties.
    Private army. Check

Of course the obvious difference being avoidence of survival of strongest policies,racism and using of state forces to crush dissent, (like say garda batton charging paramilitary funerals as was proposed after alan ryan funeral)....division of communities/econmies into ridgid structures opposing state involvement in helping poor

It is a really really poor comparison to try make,esp since thread after thread is full of people screaming shinnerz are dole waster party and sneering at social proposals put forward by them (like say increasing covid payment!)

Of course the obvious difference being avoidence of survival of strongest policies,racism and using of state forces to crush dissent, (like say garda batton charging paramilitary funerals as was proposed after alan ryan funeral)....division of communities/econmies into ridgid structures opposing state involvement in helping poor

It is a really really poor comparison to try make,esp since thread after thread is full of people screaming shinnerz are dole waster party and sneering at social proposals put forward by them (like say increasing covid payment!)

Jesus what is this even about?

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Private army. Check

Think I pointed this out this morning

Why is everyone going on about Hitler etc? Its 2020 and only one party follows the National Socislist program of infantile Nationalism, blood sacrifice, recovery of lost lands and the promise of state largesse while retaining an army of thug enforcers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

feargale wrote: »
    Quote: blanch152
    The bit in bold is the biggest lie put forward by the SF/IRA apologists.

The people never wanted the IRA. They only voted for Sinn Fein once the IRA stopped killing people for no reason. Yes, the nationalist people, they wanted a united Ireland, but they never wanted idiotic kids and criminal sociopaths to go around killing and bombing to get one. However, they are still a minority in the North.

What the people want, and the election results show this time and again, is peace and to remain part of the UK. It is delusional to imagine anything else.

Thats not going to stop the likes of you though talking absolute bollocks about the north - I know that.

Basic lesson in civics: when you want to know what people want you count votes. SF never got a mandate at the ballot box while the IRA were killing people. Now I know that the level SF/IRA's enthusiasm for the ballot box is in direct ratio to the level of their performance at elections. I remember expressions of utter contempt for the people's verdict when it wasn't favourable to them.
    Sure the few who did get elected during the bombing and shooting only got the nod because the voters knew they weren't in the IRA, like Gerry for instance.

God, do I remember that old shibboleth! When we southerners opened our mouths we were told we knew nothing about it. When we said nothing we were told we didn't care.
    We were supposed to sit silently and answer yes sir, no sir.
    Did Hume and Mallon know anything about it? Are you saying the people didn't want them? You need to brush up on your sums.

can you translate that for me please? I never learned to read waffle.

• Advertisement

Truthvader wrote: »
    Think I pointed this out this morning

Why is everyone going on about Hitler etc? Its 2020 and only one party follows the National Socislist program of infantile Nationalism, blood sacrifice, recovery of lost lands and the promise of state largesse while retaining an army of thug enforcers

What the hell is: National Socislist program of infantile Nationalism

You having a bad day Truth, too many scandals in the new coalition getting to you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement