Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

piplip87 wrote: »
    I see plenty of my friends are objecting to the COVID app. They are nearly all SF voters. All the other major parties have been pushing this app this morning. All SF have is Louise O'Reilly retweeting not to share a phone number ...... Not fit to govern. A endorsement from SF reps would see increase in numbers

What the actual ****? Did you read her retweet?

It states you dont have to give ur number, the app will still work.

Another liar on boards saying things they know are not true to have a dig at Sinn Fein

Truthvader wrote: »
    Given your "tiocfaidh ar la" comment a few weeks ago I suspect you are a category one supporter.

Still maintain that the "people for all walks of life" must necessarily take the view that the "was is over" and that we should put it all behind us and forget about what they have done and who they are.

Just think that's not OK. 25% of the population disagree with me

"Our Day Will Come" wishing for a 32 county Ireland, If you have an issue with that saying, you need your head checked my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Given your "tiocfaidh ar la" comment a few weeks ago I suspect you are a category one supporter.

Still maintain that the "people for all walks of life" must necessarily take the view that the "was is over" and that we should put it all behind us and forget about what they have done and who they are.

Just think that's not OK. 25% of the population disagree with me

right, so you ignore the question that had been put to you in that post. You are the kind of poster I *should* put on ignore, but dont just so I can see a master of deflection at work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

smurgen wrote: »
    Is there any evidence SF cancelled or controlled other events on the say or is it just implied as a slur?

Yes
    They Marshalled a blooming great big funeral against guidelines to a graveyard for speeches and onwards to a crematorium run by a council where Sinn Féin have the most seats and the mayoralty
    Said council postponed the implementation of much needed relief for 8 other bereaved families to accommodate this,sending Normal staff home so said accommodation could be policed by Sinn Féin

North Korea as someone else said

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Yes
    They Marshalled a blooming great big funeral against guidelines to a graveyard for speeches and onwards to a crematorium run by a council where Sinn Féin have the most seats and the mayoralty
    Said council postponed the implementation of much needed relief for 8 other bereaved families to accommodate this,sending Normal staff home so said accommodation could be policed by Sinn Féin

so the whole councils in on it then too, so? Righty oh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,927 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Yes

More big allegations without proof.

Interesting belief though...would you contend that this happens with all councils controlled by political parties or is it just the big bad Shinner ones?

Here's the Crematorium's perfectly reasonable explanation (to me anyhow) of what happened and what happens in other high profile situations.
    https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/crime/bobby-storey-funeral-council-says-we-sent-staff-home-early-so-they-would-not-be-photographed-2902969

More big allegations without proof.

Interesting belief though...would you contend that this happens with all councils controlled by political parties or is it just the big bad Shinner ones?

Here's the Crematorium's perfectly reasonable explanation (to me anyhow) of what happened and what happens in other high profile situations.
    https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/crime/bobby-storey-funeral-council-says-we-sent-staff-home-early-so-they-would-not-be-photographed-2902969

No absolution there
    In fact the opposite
    SF were perfectly willing to have photographs right throughout the process and could have changed what happened if they cared
    They didn't as evidenced by how hard it was to pull any kind of watery contrition out of them for other parts of the event

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Yes

Zero proof so. North Korea is right!

Zero proof so. North Korea is right!

I get that you are OK with what happened
    Party before society
    Party before other bereaved
    Party before health

These events should make most people shudder at the thoughts of SF running Ireland

Party before society
    Party before health

These events should make most people shudder at the thoughts of SF running Ireland

A lot of shuddering going on. Not to mention stepping away from grand conspiracy theories.

Crematorium give a perfectly reasonable explanation of what actually happened but but but,,,the 'crematorium are controlled by the Shinners too...North Korea cough cough etc etc.'

• Advertisement

Party before society
    Party before health

now now - you'll be up at the Truthvader level of deflection mastery at this rate

maccored wrote: »
    now now - you'll be up at the Truthvader level of deflection mastery at this rate

Glad to be of service!
    But honestly, this whole episode is a monumental clusterfuck, sadly with now 9 families in the middle as It cannot be easy for the Storey family to be turning on newsline and hearing all this either

Another month or two and there could have been a fairer public memorial without the need for negative publicity or justifications or distractions
    One for the party to reflect on

Glad to be of service!
    But honestly, this whole episode is a monumental clusterfuck, sadly with now 9 families in the middle as It cannot be easy for the Storey family to be turning on newsline and hearing all this either

Another month or two and there could have been a fairer public memorial without the need for negative publicity or justifications or distractions
    One for the party to reflect on

If only people could give this funeral the latitude other funerals breaking the same rules got...eh?

But you can't be passing up chances like this. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Any cancellations were made by the council/crematorium not SF.
    They have apologised for an 'error of judgement'.

Nobody sent sinister looking men to close and guard the crematorium as was being breathlessly suggested.

Going by the IRA/SF history, they probably sent the sinister men to the homes and families of the people in charge of the crematorium. To "encourage" them to close it to all but the funeral of Bobby "The Terrorist Freedom Fighter" Storey.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Going by the IRA/SF history, they probably sent the sinister men to the homes and families of the people in charge of the crematorium. To "encourage" them to close it to all but the funeral of Bobby "The Terrorist Freedom Fighter" Storey.

That's exactly what the conspiracy theorists want you to believe...well done!

If only people could give this funeral the latitude other funerals breaking the same rules got...eh?

But you can't be passing up chances like this. :)

Jaysis
    Talk about whataboutery devotion to party!
    No sense of perspective or perception or good example at all

Jaysis
    Talk about whataboutery devotion to party!
    No sense of perspective or perception or good example at all

Surely it is those who watched other funerals breaking regs and said nothing that have 'no sense of perspective'?

We know that breaches occurred and that the party involved have apologised for hurt caused.

Surely it is those who watched other funerals breaking regs and said nothing that have 'no sense of perspective'?

We know that breaches occurred and that the party involved have apologised for hurt caused.

Thats monumental disconnect right there Francis,comparing the odd funeral down the country that might have had some extras in the grave yard as opposed to on the road to the episode in the news all week
    Its utter arrogance

Thats monumental disconnect right there Francis,comparing the odd funeral down the country that might have had some extras in the grave yard as opposed to on the road to the episode in the news all week
    Its utter arrogance

We know you are desperately trying to hang on to a conspiracy theory of council control and the Shinners nefariously using that to close crematoriums etc etc.

Take your conspiracies stuff away and you are left with breaches of social distancing rule and selfies. Stuff that has happened all over this island.They, like all the others who breached, deserve criticism for that.
    We are yet to know if SF were even responsible for it. The PSNI will decide that, not you and not Sam McBride nor any conspiracy theorists who once again haven't a shred of evidence to back it all up.
    Perspective you say?

Edit and of course, if they PSNI don't fall in with the onslaught...out will come the 'It's the Peace Process conspiracy theory. :)

The PSNI have already said contrary to what SF said,that they did not liase with SF on the funeral arrangements

As regards the rest of your post Francis,I'll add delusion to the list of descriptions of your attempts to slither around the whole clusterfuck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭joeguevara

We know you are desperately trying to hang on to a conspiracy theory of council control and the Shinners nefariously using that to close crematoriums etc etc.

Take your conspiracies stuff away and you are left with breaches of social distancing rule and selfies. Stuff that has happened all over this island.They, like all the others who breached, deserve criticism for that.
    We are yet to know if SF were even responsible for it. The PSNI will decide that, not you and not Sam McBride nor any conspiracy theorists who once again haven't a shred of evidence to back it all up.
    Perspective you say?

Edit and of course, if they PSNI don't fall in with the onslaught...out will come the 'It's the Peace Process conspiracy theory. :)

Conspiracy theories are based on theories where there is no actual evidence of something happening in the past. I don't think that description fits.

You then say it is up to the PSNI to decide whether there was wrongdoing unless PSNI decide that there was and then its a conspiracy theory against SF.

Ah come on Francie, you must have chuckled yourself when you wrote that.

The PSNI have already said contrary to what SF said,that they did not liase with SF on the funeral arrangements

As regards the rest of your post Francis,I'll add delusion to the list of descriptions of your attempts to slither around the whole clusterfuck

You can find far better and more provable instances of trying to slither out of responsibility than what I have said here.

That is criticism of SF is warranted and legitimate.

But the conspiracy theories designed to try and ramp up the 'crime' here are so far - nonsense.

joeguevara wrote: »
    Conspiracy theories are based on theories where there is no actual evidence of something happening in the past. I don't think that description fits.

You then say it is up to the PSNI to decide whether there was wrongdoing unless PSNI decide that there was and then its a conspiracy theory against SF.

Ah come on Francie, you must have chuckled yourself when you wrote that.

What?

If the PSNI find against SF they will have to pay whatever penalty that warrants.

If the PSNI find that SF are not responsible for the breaches occurring and they were down to uncontrolables and individuals, then you'll have the usuals on here pushing the favouritism from the PSNI conspiracy theory. They cannot win

What?

If the PSNI find against SF they will have to pay whatever penalty that warrants.

If the PSNI find that SF are not responsible for the breaches occurring and they were down to uncontrolables and individuals, then you'll have the usuals on here pushing the favouritism from the PSNI conspiracy theory. They cannot win

Sure the IRAs Army Council Run PSNI

Have Drew down here in a spying misson

You can find far better and more provable instances of trying to slither out of responsibility than what I have said here.

That is criticism of SF is warranted and legitimate.

But the conspiracy theories designed to try and ramp up the 'crime' here are so far - nonsense.

In the middle of a pandemic, you're belittling the gravity of the frankly insult to bereaved across the land that this event was
    The optics of it and the optics of excusing it
    There was no need for an event that size at all,it could have waited
    There was certainly no need to put out the other bereaved families that day
    But No,the organisers trumped the law in full public view,setting a very very bad example and they didn't give a fiddler's about hurting other families in the process and Francis's party loyalty before society loyalty, excuses this forever and ever amen
    Its Quite something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Cancelling the cremations is the worst aspect. Same as not allowing more than tiny numbers to attend Mass and Protestant services in rural areas, it is majorly pissing people off. Especially when they have north Korean type event in the middle of it.

Arrogance. And they don't even realise that is what it comes across there as they have developed the self awareness of a turnip.

Any little thing that happens to them or any criticism is occasion of self pitying whinge fest. Think they can do whatever the fk they want if it benefits themselves.

That's no way to talk about the Garda and Minister Flanagan.

Its very Salient

They were wrong not to social distance but this article could just as easily have been written about the Garda funeral and Varadkar's speeches disrespecting the Covid dead.
    They don't cancel each other out by any means but the outrage isn't credible based upon the reaction and silence on the others.

Two kinds of people support Sinn Fein, firstly those fully invested in the IRA/ blood sacrifice united Ireland murder machine who will justify any behaviour or action one way or another. These are a small minority

The second group, of which you seem to be a member, are prepared to forget about what they have done and who they are and focus on what they have promised you. In your case its housing; for others it is other issues.

Leaving aside the reality of the likelihood of them ever delivering on their promises I believe this second group have lost their moral centre and/or are simply are too young to remember or to know what Sinn Fein/ IRA have done who they represent and who controls them.

It is not OK to jettison all moral principal in the pursuit of what you want or what you are promised regardless of the source of that promise

People are more complex than you realise.

The IRA are no more. It's all about policies through politics.
    The remnants of the IRA are either in SF or likely part of the party in some form I would imagine.
    There is no blood sacrifice I'd imagine. You sound like you are trying to write a Swedish black metal song.
    There are of course supporters, like yourself, obsessed with one message unwilling to take on board the complexities of people from all parties.

I'm not prepared to forget. It has little bearing when I'm voting for the best option for the tax paying public. This is what FG/FF refuse to take on board. The FF/FG party are too arrogant and ignorant to realise they are the problem not a sudden lack of morals or other fanciful ****e you'd care to hammer.
    As i say, if SF put their housing policies more in line with FG, they'd not get a vote from me.

Ain't jettisoned **** buddy ;)

Tbf i think its a matter of personal preference for anyone.
    Pearse is recommending I think.
    If he had it last week it might have told him, alert, you're in a dangerous situation.

https://twitter.com/PearseDoherty/status/1280440979179307009?s=20

Are you suggesting people voting for various parties have various reasons and to quote the 'Life of Brian', "we are all individuals"? Say it ain't so?

• Advertisement

Is there any evidence SF cancelled or controlled other events on the say or is it just implied as a slur?

He's quoting the Sun. It's a tad right wing. Just a tad mind.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement