Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Bowie wrote: »
    Are you suggesting people voting for various parties have various reasons and to quote the 'Life of Brian', "we are all individuals"? Say it ain't so?

I was being incredibly magnanimous there wasn't I.
    But I can't help and try and save you from yourselves.
    I'm like the great missionaries of old in political terms.
    What this I hear about SF censuring their sdcc councillors today until the get further views from da leadership.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Does everyone agree that O’Neill should issue a full and forthright apology to her assembly colleagues on behalf of the SF party?

I think so. This is a would that will continue to fester unless it is cauterised.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,928 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Mortelaro wrote: »
    In the middle of a pandemic, you're belittling the gravity of the frankly insult to bereaved across the land that this event was
    The optics of it and the optics of excusing it

Everybody looked the other way at other events, from drinks in the park to Garda funerals, YOU have been telling us to do just that.
    'Optics' are only relevant when you have your eyes open Mort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I was being incredibly magnanimous there wasn't I.
    But I can't help and try and save you from yourselves.
    I'm like the great missionaries of old in political terms.
    What this I hear about SF censuring their sdcc councillors today until the get further views from da leadership.

Somebody posted an unfounded generalisation and you kind of refuted it a bit. Well done.
    Does everyone agree that O’Neill should issue a full and forthright apology to her assembly colleagues on behalf of the SF party?

I think so. This is a would that will continue to fester unless it is cauterised.

No. It will just give fuel, (no pun intended) to Foster so she can play DUP with other issues. Calls for an apology are for point scoring purposes. MON already apologised to anyone upset by their actions. They should apologise for not socially distancing IMO. It's already becoming old news. It's more about trying to get one over.

Somebody posted an unfounded generalisation and you kind of refuted it a bit. Well done.

No. It will just give fuel, (no pun intended) to Foster so she can play DUP with other issues. Calls for an apology are for point scoring purposes. MON already apologised to anyone upset by their actions. They should apologise for not socially distancing IMO. It's already becoming old news. It's more about trying to get one over.

I'd expect the PSNI to issue fines for the social distancing issues for which those involved should apologise for. I think MOn has already said the selfie she was in was wrong.

Unless SF as a party are found to have been wrong to organise the funeral I don't think anyone needs to apologise for being there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

I'd expect the PSNI to issue fines for the social distancing issues for which those involved should apologise for. I think MOn has already said the selfie she was in was wrong.

Unless SF as a party are found to have been wrong to organise the funeral I don't think anyone needs to apologise for being there.

Tried and found wanting at least,
    Thought you thought she was wrong earlier?
    Bit of an about turn eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

It's too late to apologise for the original act, the problem they have now is it has fed into the idea that SF are incredibly arrogant - deny all wrongdoing and try to find some way to deflect. That might work well for their hard-core membership, but turns off the majority.

What would work now is a bit of humbleness. Apologise for not apologising. "In hindsight it was wrong to have a big event considering all the sacrifices that people have been making, and we were wrong to defend it. We'd like to apologise to those we have offended. ".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Everybody looked the other way at other events, from drinks in the park to Garda funerals, YOU have been telling us to do just that.
    'Optics' are only relevant when you have your eyes open Mort.

Nope
    Nothing wrong with Vradakar in the park, so stop exaggerating that yet again or comparing its acceptability to this

I've not commented here on the public crowds at Garda Horkan's funeral ,I've only commented on the state funeral itself

What I can say with confidence is,there were No Garda selfies or politicians selfies at it or other funerals disrupted by Garda Horkan's and I'd be confident social distancing rules were adhered to by the State.

Tried and found wanting at least,
    Thought you thought she was wrong earlier?
    Bit of an about turn eh!

She was. As were others. And she has apologised for any hurt caused.

She isn't going to apologise for attending the funeral of a friend. her words not mine.
    But I agree with her. She shouldn't. Because asking for that is the 'political gamemanship part of this' The shamless bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

He's quoting the Sun. It's a tad right wing. Just a tad mind.

Shinners have now spent ten years running the north with the DUP.

Some folk might consider them to be a "tad right wing."

As they would the British Tories whose policies the Shinners have been implementing :)

• Advertisement

Nope
    Nothing wrong with Vradakar in the park,

This is the blind spot of the fan.

It is just as easy to make the case that varadkar running around drinking cans in the park, shopping for clothes, eating out is responsible for people letting their guard down in Temple bar (they were just doing waht Leo thought it was alright to do).

But of course not if you deny, and keep denying. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

But I agree with her. She shouldn't. Because asking for that is the 'political gamemanship part of this' The shamless bit.
    It's not political gamesmanship, it's politics. If SF want to position themselves as the party which thinks coronavirus is something which is not a big deal, and public health regulations can be ignored, that's fine and represents a genuine political position. But they can't then turn around and accuse governments of not treating the risk seriously, or not doing enough to combat the virus - that's hypocrisy, and if you are in politics that will be pointed out.

This is the blind spot of the fan.

It is just as easy to make the case that varadkar running around drinking cans in the park, shopping for clothes, eating out is responsible for people letting their guard down in Temple bar (they were just doing waht Leo thought it was alright to do).

But of course not if you deny, and keep denying. :)

Vradakar didn't break any laws in the park
    Even the photos did not show what was in the cans,if that's what you are scratching the barrel for
    How many more times are you going to go on with this misnomer?
    Friends in groups of 4 were allowed outdoors and Vradakar lived in Farmleigh at the time

Meanwhile in Belfast, MoN's definition of the NI rules is have some man have his arm around her taking a selfie

You just don't care anymore Francis,all posting subterfuge ditched at this stage

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Shinners have now spent ten years running the north with the DUP.

Some folk might consider them to be a "tad right wing."

As they would the British Tories whose policies the Shinners have been implementing :)

I don't see the relation to the Sun?

Vradakar didn't break any laws in the park
    Even the photos did not show what was in the cans,if that's what you are scratching the barrel for
    How many more times are you going to go on with this misnomer?
    Friends in groups of 4 were allowed outdoors and Vradakar lived in Farmleigh at the time

Meanwhile in Belfast, MoN's definition of the NI rules is have some man have his arm around her taking a selfie

You just don't care anymore Francis,all posting subterfuge ditched at this stage

Which she has said was the wrong thing to do.
    Nobody said Varadkar broke the law, the conversation was around the signals he was sending after having being seen several times being loose with the regs.

You keep trying to change what people are actual;ly saying to something you can deny.
    You are a gas debater, like some others here, doing that. Change what a poster says then lambast them for sying it. :)

Which she has said was the wrong thing to do.
    Nobody said Varadkar broke the law, the conversation was around the signals he was sending after having being seen several times being loose with the regs.
    Your made up 'several times' and your incredible outrage that he spent time in the park with 2 friends and his partner you mean
    Get up the yard,I believe is the appropriate reaction to that
    You keep trying to change what people are actual;ly saying to something you can deny.
    You are a gas debater, like some others here, doing that. Change what a poster says then lambast them for sying it. :)

Deflect Deflect Deflect and make up some more nonsense about Vradakar setting a bad example shopping or meeting friends,both of which must be grave sins
    Meanwhile in Belfast...actual flouting by people in the public eye who want to run the country
    Yeah gas alright

Your made up 'several times' and your incredible outrage that he spent time in the park with 2 friends and his partner you mean
    Get up the yard,I believe is the appropriate reaction to that

Deflect Deflect Deflect and make up some more nonsense about Vradakar setting a bad example shopping or meeting friends,both of which must be grave sins
    Meanwhile in Belfast...actual flouting by people in the public eye who want to run the country
    Yeah gas alright

Again the hypocrisy.. .we have seen the regs flouted everywhere.
    Until the PSNI say otherwise the Belfast event was no worse than some others...and still in denial as to what the issue with Varadkar was. The example he was setting.

Alright for some to do.. grave crime agin humanity for the Shinners
    To be expected tbh.

I criticised them all btw. No denying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0707/1151774-politics-sinn-fein-paddy-holohan/
    The party has requested all its members in the Dublin South West Constituency not to hold any meetings or to engage in political activity there until further notice

The first split of many.

SF core support are made up of people like Paddy Holohan, it's just their leadership don't realise it yet.

Again the hypocrisy.. .we have seen the regs flouted everywhere.
    Until the PSNI say otherwise the Belfast event was no worse than some others...and still in denial as to what the issue with Varadkar was. The example he was setting.

Alright for some to do.. grave crime agin humanity for the Shinners
    To be expected tbh.

I criticised them all btw. No denying.

I fully support Vradakar meeting his friends in the park,no denial of that
    Most people do,your problem with it is made up and ridiculous

Regarding the Belfast funeral, it was overkill, broke regulations in a high profile way and did not have the coordination of the PSNI despite SF saying it did
    Yet you're comparing it to small funerals countrywide for the 3rd or 4th time now in a fit of whataboutery thats frankly insulting to relatives that were unable to sit in a church for their loved ones funerals or get to a graveyard
    Party before society
    Party before health
    Party before bereaved

I fully support Vradakar meeting his friends in the park,no denial of that
    Most people do,your problem with it is made up and ridiculous

We know you fully support Varadkar full stop.

Regarding the Belfast funeral, it was overkill, broke regulations in a high profile way and did not have the coordination of the PSNI despite SF saying it did
    Yet you're comparing it to small funerals countrywide for the 3rd or 4th time now in a fit of whataboutery thats frankly insulting to relatives that were unable to sit in a church for their loved ones funerals or get to a graveyard
    Party before society
    Party before health
    Party before bereaved

The PSNI statement shows you to be exaggerating AGAIN. At any time if the arrangements were not satisfactory in terms of stewarding etc they had the power to stop it. They didn't, so the 'plans' were adequate.
    Superintendent Melanie Jones said: "We were made aware of the plans for today's funeral and have engaged with the celebrant and service organisers to highlight both the public health advice and risks around Covid-19, and the requirement for those attending to adhere to social distancing.

"We had assurances that those attending would observe the health guidelines and that marshals would be in place to encourage those lining the cortege route to observe social distancing.

So we will await to see what the outcome of below will be -
    "We will now review footage gathered during the funeral and will consider any suspected breaches of the Health Protection (Coronavirus Restrictions) Regulations NI 2020."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

markodaly wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0707/1151774-politics-sinn-fein-paddy-holohan/

The first split of many.

SF core support are made up of people like Paddy Holohan, it's just their leadership don't realise it yet.

ye's are wile funny with the anti shinnerisms and the sheer effort a lot of you seem to put in to go googling. these threads are hilarious reading.

roll on another 20 years of SF hoovering up the vote so more SF threads by people who 'dont like them' are here to be read and laughed at. Keep up the good work!

I'm fully behind anyone meeting their friends including Leo within regulations

T he PSNI Made aware of plans ?
    In other words were told!
    No discussion

Thats very different to what Mary Lou told RTÉ "it was meticulously planned with the PSNI"

So was Mary Lou lying to RTÉ?

It's not like SF have many councillors. That's the thing about SF. They definitely used social media to maximum effect during the election, and got the 'hop of the ball' on the day. But they have almost no party structures down the country, and when they do, it's a bunch of fat lads like the sort you saw in Belfast the last day. Think cheap cider, rollies, going to Wolfe Tones gigs, working as a bouncer, maybe a few tattoos they got in their 50's.

In other words were told!
    No discussion
    /QUOTE]

Away you go on the fantasy again. The PSNI statement again:

We were made aware of the plans for today's funeral and have engaged with the celebrant and service organisers to highlight both the public health advice and risks around Covid-19, and the requirement for those attending to adhere to social distancing.

"We had assurances that those attending would observe the health guidelines and that marshals would be in place to encourage those lining the cortege route to observe social distancing.

I.m fully behind people going to the funerals of their friends by the way. I think it a peculiar and kind of sick ask the Executive is making here, to ask somebody to apologise for going to a funeral.

It's not like SF have many councillors. That's the thing about SF. They definitely used social media to maximum effect during the election, and got the 'hop of the ball' on the day. But they have almost no party structures down the country, and when they do, it's a bunch of fat lads like the sort you saw in Belfast the last day. Think cheap cider, rollies, going to Wolfe Tones gigs, working as a bouncer, maybe a few tattoos they got in their 50's.

Driving home after with gay abandon?

Not sure what you are getting at here, Francie.

Not sure what you are getting at here, Francie.

You weren't tuned into see the calibre of person we have as Ministers about half an hour ago?

Speaking of which, SF have according to RTE accepted Cowens apology and left it at that
    Another side effect of the Belfast sit ye aisan,they are looking for magnamity it seems on the apology front
    Enough said

All made up

• Advertisement

What's wrong with using social media? They spent a lot less than FG. Maybe SF can give FG tips on how to better use their money?
    There's a lot about how shady and nefarious the social media platforms are, they are not going anywhere, most use them.
    'They don't have a structure down the country....and when they do' :rolleyes:
    There you go again. Insulting people for not voting or supporting the same team as you is pretty poor.
    Going by the articles I posted it's claimed FG is made up of racists and landlords. I know better than that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement