Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,928 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Speaking of which, SF have according to RTE accepted Cowens apology and left it at that
    Another side effect of the Belfast sit ye aisan,they are looking for magnamity it seems on the apology front
    Enough said

Or maybe they just accepted his apology. Get them lads out from under the bed Mort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Or maybe they just accepted his apology. Get them lads out from under the bed Mort.

I might go easy on theory if you stop inventing stuff about Vradakar being loose on regulations
    Deal?

I might go easy on theory if you stop inventing stuff about Vradakar being loose on regulations
    Deal?

Varadker on a number of occasions was accused of being lax or even breaking the, at the time, stricter regs.

It is a matter of your opinion and mine whether he did. Mine is, that the PR op in the warehouse were photographers can be seen breaking the social distancing requirements that he was lax in allowing that happen to get a publicity shot. He was again in the hospital photo ops.
    He didn't show great leadership in the Park in my opinion nor since, running around like a calf let out to grass getting photos taken.

My opinion...you'll just have to accept it. By the way, see the recurrent theme above? An addiction to the limelight and PR.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

How does SF correlate love for Ireland with todays IRA washing of green diesel and its resultant toxic sludge?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,942 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Does everyone agree that O’Neill should issue a full and forthright apology to her assembly colleagues on behalf of the SF party?

I think so. This is a would that will continue to fester unless it is cauterised.

Absolutely 100% agree with this.

We have seen Billy Kelliher apologise, and that was that. Now, his actions didn't result in funerals for ordinary people being cancelled.

Some of the excuses put out here have been pathetic to say the least. One of the most ridiculous ones peddled was that Sinn Fein weren't responsible for cancelling the nine funerals - that it was the Council that did it.

So IRA plant a bomb in a pub, phone in a bomb warning, pub owner clears pub and closes down for the night. When a punter complains about losing out on his nightly pint, IRA say it was the pub owners fault!!! Same thing here, if the SF carry-on with the double funeral for Bobby hadn't taken place, then the other funerals would not have been cancelled.

Instead of weasly words, we need proper full apologies.

• Advertisement

Varadker on a number of occasions was accused of being lax or even breaking the, at the time, stricter regs.

It is a matter of your opinion and mine whether he did. Mine is, that the PR op in the warehouse were photographers can be seen breaking the social distancing requirements that he was lax in allowing that happen to get a publicity shot. you're He was again in the hospital photo ops.
    That barrel scraping was debunked
    It takes level 11 obsession to ignore the debunking
    At this stage my opinion is there's 3 or 4 people writing these posts and when one clocks off they don't bother checking back to see what the other has wrote
    He didn't show great leadership in the Park in my opinion nor since, running around like a calf let out to grass getting photos taken.

My opinion...you'll just have to accept it. By the way, see the recurrent theme above? An addiction to the limelight and PR.

'Leadership in the park' L o fucking L,4 friends cannot sit out and meet up like human beings just because one is Tsoiseach?

Pull the other one

blanch152 wrote: »
    Absolutely 100% agree with this.

We have seen Billy Kelliher apologise, and that was that. Now, his actions didn't result in funerals for ordinary people being cancelled.

Some of the excuses put out here have been pathetic to say the least. One of the most ridiculous ones peddled was that Sinn Fein weren't responsible for cancelling the nine funerals - that it was the Council that did it.

So IRA plant a bomb in a pub, phone in a bomb warning, pub owner clears pub and closes down for the night. When a punter complains about losing out on his nightly pint, IRA say it was the pub owners fault!!! Same thing here, if the SF carry-on with the double funeral for Bobby hadn't taken place, then the other funerals would not have been cancelled.

Instead of weasly words, we need proper full apologies.

'Standard procedure for high profile funerals' is the term they used.

But the RA etc etc.

'Standard procedure for high profile funerals' is the term they used.

But the RA etc etc.

Anyone who organises or attends a high profile funeral during Covid-19 is in breach of the regulations.

Unfortunately for those poor nine families, the clear breach of the regulations by Sinn Fein meant that their funerals had to be cancelled.

It is a complete disgrace, and the lack of shame is nauseating.

That barrel scraping wS debunked
    It takes level 11 obsession to ignore the debunking
    At this stage my opinion is there's 3 or 4 people writing these posts and when one clocks off they don't bother checking back to see what the other has wrote
    Debunked by someone who is here defending FG and Varadkar to the hilt? Are you having a laugh?
    'Leadership in the park' L o fucking L,4 friends cannot sit out and meet up like human beings just because one is Tsoiseach?

Pull the other one

Your opinion differs to mine and others who criticised him. Get over it.

Debunked by someone who is here defending FG and Varadkar to the hilt? Are you having a laugh?

You are only criticising him to deflect from the antics of Sinn Fein.

• Advertisement

Anyone who organises or attends a high profile funeral during Covid-19 is in breach of the regulations.

Unfortunately for those poor nine families, the clear breach of the regulations by Sinn Fein meant that their funerals had to be cancelled.

Not seeing your condemnation of other 'high profile funerals' blanch, can you link to them?

The PSNI seemed happy to allow it go ahead, having 'engaged' with the priest and organisers.

You are only criticising him to deflect from the antics of Sinn Fein.

No I criticised SF too.

I, though kept all of them in perspective. I didn't for instance ask for Leo to apologise for having a few drinks with his friends, I just questioned his leadership which I think was found wanting. It's good he is gone for the time being.

I used the same science to defend MLM's shadow cabinet gathering on the plinth the other day
    So will ye kindly keep up

I've explained several times on this and its sister threads that I give as much of a sh1te about your opinion as you do of mine
    Totally opposing views
    Put opinions into a public thread and don't expect congratulations for them as you're exposing yours to new people outside the bubble
    None of us should seem to mind this as we're here

Not seeing your condemnation of other 'high profile funerals' blanch, can you link to them?

The PSNI seemed happy to allow it go ahead, having 'engaged' with the priest and organisers.

Francie, I have previously explained to you the difference between a State funeral for a garda killed in the line of duty on behalf of his country, and the common funeral of a common thug and killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

No I criticised SF too.

I, though kept all of them in perspective. I didn't for instance ask for Leo to apologise for having a few drinks with his friends, I just questioned his leadership which I think was found wanting. It's good he is gone for the time being.

So SF and FG leaders fcuked up.
    Thank god for Michael, probably the best choice for Taoiseach out of a bad lot. :)

Francie, I have previously explained to you the difference between a State funeral for a garda killed in the line of duty on behalf of his country, and the common funeral of a common thug and killer.

Did you explain the difference to Covid?

I, though kept all of them in perspective. I didn't for instance ask for Leo to apologise for having a few drinks with his friends, I just questioned his leadership which I think was found wanting. .

That as I said,is outrageously OTT

I've explained several times on this and its sister threads that I give as much of a sh1te about your opinion

What are you debating for then?

So SF and FG leaders fcuked up.
    Thank god for Michael, probably the best choice for Taoiseach out of a bad lot. :)

Michael went into hiding for most of the pandemic...no danger of him transgressing. :)

What are you debating for then?

This is a debating forum?
    Its titled the 'current affairs and in my humble opinion' forum
    An opinion sharing discussion forum

If you want debate,there's the politics forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Michael went into hiding for most of the pandemic...no danger of him transgressing. :)

Probably wishes at times he was still in it. :)

Probably wishes at times he was still in it. :)

His problem didn't go away tonight. Poor Michael, he has to stop dithering.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Isn't this a lie?

I know MLD and MoM spun the 'we talked to and engaged with the PSNI' line and the PSNI came out after and said this was not true.

To be honest this is the classic SF problem, arrogance and hubris in the light of wrongdoing.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2020/0707/1151830-stormont/
    The motion was signed by the other four parties that make up the Stormont Executive, the DUP, SDLP, Alliance and Ulster Unionists.

Now, either SF is correct or all other parties in the Assembly are onto something.

The most obvious issue is that SF refuses to be held to the very same high standards they expect of others and as per usual, it is the nonchalant way they dismiss criticism that actually gives this story more and more legs.

Of course, their die hardcore vote, love it. The 'its us vs the world' type of narrative is lovely but if SF wants to go into power in the Republic, that will not cut the mustard anymore. Remember, MLD if she becomes Taoiseach is Taoiseach for everyone, not just SF members. This is Ireland, not Trumps America.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

This is going to hurt SF badly in Belfast.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-53305886
    Belfast City Council has apologised after details emerged about how it dealt with Bobby Storey's family at Roselawn crematorium last week compared to other families.

The council admitted that the family was the only one allowed into Roselawn on Tuesday for a cremation.

Eight other families were not allowed in as their loved-ones were cremated.

The council said this was an "error of judgement" and has sent an apology to all of the families affected.

If I was one of the other family I would be furious but sure, once SF/IRA got their day out, got their photo op and sent sure they are happy.

Did I read correctly that the funeral procession went to the graveyard, even though he was going to be cremated? Talk about taking the piss in the middle of a pandemic and playing for the cameras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I missed all your outrage at Flanagan and the Garda at their funeral. Link? :rolleyes:

They should have social distanced. I don't know what lens the cameraman was using, but still. At least it was a funeral not a needless PR photo op or the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Bowie wrote: »
    At least it was a funeral not a needless PR photo op or the like.

I'd have thought that pretending to have a burial, just in order to hold a Trump-style political rally was a prime example of a needless PR photo op.

Strange how all the SF acolytes continually whine about Varadkar loving photo ops, and being obsessed with image - but they don't see the irony in staging a burial in order to have a "traditional" setting for their political speeches

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blackwhite wrote: »
    I'd have thought that pretending to have a burial, just in order to hold a Trump-style political rally was a prime example of a needless PR photo op.

Strange how all the SF acolytes continually whine about Varadkar loving photo ops, and being obsessed with image - but they don't see the irony in staging a burial in order to have a "traditional" setting for their political speeches

I don't think their was a "staged burial", a staged burial would indicate their was an empty coffin lowered into a grave.

A gathering at the republican plot in Milltown cemetery by mourner's does not equate to a "staged burial".

Why lie about something that's so easily disproved?

markodaly wrote: »
    Isn't this a lie?

I know MLD and MoM spun the 'we talked to and engaged with the PSNI' line and the PSNI came out after and said this was not true.

At least try and stay up to date. Another exaggeration. Here is the PSNI statement. Even uses the word 'engaged'.
    We were made aware of the plans for today's funeral and have engaged with the celebrant and service organisers to highlight both the public health advice and risks around Covid-19, and the requirement for those attending to adhere to social distancing.

"We had assurances that those attending would observe the health guidelines and that marshals would be in place to encourage those lining the cortege route to observe social distancing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Thankfully the 19th Covid we have had now (Mr Harris) is very smart and released the difference aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭blackwhite

McMurphy wrote: »
    I don't think their was a "staged burial", a staged burial would indicate their was an empty coffin lowered into a grave.

A gathering at the republican plot in Milltown cemetery by mourner's does not equate to a "staged burial".

Why lie about something that's so easily disproved?

They did everything possible to give the impression that they were having a burial - otherwise why gather in the graveyard at all?

Political rally that they tried to dress up as something else.

No surprise to see the usual foot-soldiers crawling out of the woodwork to defend SF attempt at aping Trump's rally in Tulsa

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement