Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭cyllyn28

markodaly wrote: »

In your world, killing a 3-year-old toddler was justified, and then you give out to others who call the Provos sociopaths?

West Brits like you don't criticize your British when they bomb villages in Afghanistan and Iraq, and butcher many 3-year-old children.....Because you're a wannabe Brit....and a conservative.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

maccored wrote: »
    why are you asking me questions?

Because you asked a question and I have answered it for you with mine.

If you cannot answer them, then you have your own answer to my question.

cyllyn28 wrote: »
    West Brits like you don't criticize your British when they bomb villages in Afghanistan and Iraq, and butcher many 3-year-old children.....Because you're a wannabe Brit....and a conservative.

Ah West Brits.... Ah, whatabout...

Yea, sorry I have a thing against planting bombs in the middle of an English or Northern Ireland market town on a Saturday afternoon.
    Silly me, for thinking murdering innocent people that way is wrong.

jm08 wrote: »
    Process of elimination. Sinn Fein (who are hated by dissident republicans) are getting a large share of the nationalist vote.

I think pretty much everyone condemned that bombing. Bear in mind that more catholics (18) were killed in that bombing than protestants (11).

The fact that you have to draw up a sectarian scorecard into who was killed in Omagh says it all tbh.

SF only got their vote once their Provo cousins surrendered their arms.
    During the height of the campaign, they were going nowhere politically.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭cyllyn28

Are Ameican and British troops 'sociopaths' when they kill children? The British killed 18 of them here in the early days of the conflict/war...that's 18 children Mark.

Mark is a Fine Gael voting West Brit....He supports the British class warfare in Northern Ireland...He'd love the Garda to go around randomly executing working class children, in the same acts of terror.

I do not support the shinners...They are not willing to do to Mark's kind what is needed to be done...and many are conservatives, equally as degenerate. Our nation can only truly be free, when it rids itself of the conservative tapeworms the British left behind. The are not the Irish people...they are the worms who feed on the Irish people...

• Advertisement

Where have I said any of it was 'justified ark.

And seriously...a person who professes to be knoledgeable of history has never heard of the concept of 'defence turning into attack' - 'attack is the best form of defence'...really Mark?

Getting the British to relinquish their occupation of a part of this island was the only way people could see to defend themselves...not a hard concept to grasp.

Are Ameican and British troops 'sociopaths' when they kill children? The British killed 18 of them here in the early days of the conflict/war...that's 18 children Mark.

Why wouldn't you select them when you want to emote...are Catholic/Nationalist children ever going to get a turn being the selective victim du jour?

You justified the Provo campaign by stating that they were 'defending' the Nationalist community. You like to paint the picture of brave volunteers standing at the end of the road, protecting it against loyalist mobs
    .. yet I then ask how did the Warrington bombing protect Nationalists on that same road... and the simple answer is that its doesn't, and never did.

The bombing campaign was purely trying to force the British government to the table to try and force a withdrawal. This is on record from senior SF and PIRA leaders.
    The Provo campaign had next to nothing to do with protecting their community and more to do with the old narrative of fighting for Ireland's freedom and a United Ireland, something they ultimately failed to do.

This is the great myth that has arrisen over the last few years. The Provo campaign was really about civil rights and equality, not about a United Ireland or British withdrawal from the North, yet we have 25 years of senior IRA and SF leaders stating that the campaign of violence was to achieve that British withdrawl.

Now we have people here trying to spin that yarn.

So again.... how exactly did killing two boys in Warrington protect that nationalist living in Northern Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Truthvader wrote: »
    Never heard of him before. The Sinn Fein IRA fanboys brought him up. Googled him. Murdered two unarmed named men and suspected to be involved in "at least 10 other killings" That makes 12. Google him yourself and make up your own mind

How do you know they were unarmed. One was UDR and the other RUC which he got 30 years for. If there was proof that he had done those killings, why was he not put before a judge and jury like in most civilised countries and not up to the SAS to be judge, jury and executioner.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Because you asked a question and I have answered it for you with mine.

If you cannot answer them, then you have your own answer to my question.

go away with that.

I asked you a question which you blithely didnt answer, and instead asked me questions on unrelated subjects. Do you forget other people can read your posts too?

You justified the Provo campaign by stating that they were 'defending' the Nationalist community. You like to paint the picture of brave volunteers standing at the end of the road, protecting it against loyalist mobs
    .. yet I then ask how did the Warrington bombing protect Nationalists on that same road... and the simple answer is that its doesn't, and never did.

The bombing campaign was purely trying to force the British government to the table to try and force a withdrawal. This is on record from senior SF and PIRA leaders.
    The Provo campaign had next to nothing to do with protecting their community and more to do with the old narrative of fighting for Ireland's freedom and a United Ireland, something they ultimately failed to do.

This is the great myth that has arrisen over the last few years. The Provo campaign was really about civil rights and equality, not about a United Ireland or British withdrawal from the North, yet we have 25 years of senior IRA and SF leaders stating that the campaign of violence was to achieve that British withdrawl.

So again.... how exactly did killing two boys in Warrington protect that nationalist living in Northern Ireland?

rights and equality WAS the brits out of the north.

why are you asking about the two kids from warrington? Whats the point in that? Cant someone then type the name of another victim from caused by the security forces and then you have this boring thread where victims names are being thrown around like you knew them or something.

I dont understand the logic behind why you're even asking some of the questions you're asking. neither side played fair and we all know that. well - maybe all but you.

The fact that you have to draw up a sectarian scorecard into who was killed in Omagh says it all tbh.

SF only got their vote once their Provo cousins surrendered their arms.
    During the height of the campaign, they were going nowhere politically.

You were asking questions about nationalists supporting the Omagh bombing. The obvious answer is to point out that catholic/nationalists were killed in the Omagh bombing which you seem to be unaware of.

There was Direct Rule from Westminister at the time which Sinn Fein were abstaining from anyway, so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,948 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I have never 'justified' any of the violence Mark. It was all wrong and should never have happened.
    I also never ever done this: You like to paint the picture of brave volunteers standing at the end of the road, protecting it against loyalist mobs

I told you how it evolved to that, you don't want to deal with that. That's your problem with myopia and not mine.

The reason Harold Wilson was so nervous about not radicalising people north and south was because he knew and anyone with the slightest knowledge of world history knows, how these things evolve.

Why did Churchill carpet bomb Dresden and Colonge, what had that to do with protecting somebody in the Yorkshire Dales or London for that matter?

Get of the high moral ground perch, accept that we had a 4o year long bloody and tragic conflict/war that had many many casualties on all sides and could have been avoided.
    You cannot blame one side and expect to be taken seriously...everyone bears some responsibility even those living in the south who ignored it. From those who allowed the conditions to fester to the point where it started, to those who knowingly tried to maintain those conditions and the players involved in the violence.

You can do all of that without using selective victims or being a supporter of the various players

What the Provisional IRA bombing campaign showed was that the British Government didn't give two ****s about bombs exploding and British people being killed in the UK. What got them to the negotiating table was the bombing of the London Stock Exchange and other bombings in the City of London.

The two boys in Warrington were a mistake and the Provos apologised for them.

Now, have you any sympathy for the children shot dead by the British Army in Northern Ireland (one child playing in his sitting room)? There was not even an apology from the British Army for his murder.

go away with that.

I asked you a question which you blithely didnt answer, and instead asked me questions on unrelated subjects. Do you forget other people can read your posts too?

You asked me a hypothetical question. We can all play that game. Go away is right, don't like my answer then stop asking me similar questions, or at least engage.

rights and equality WAS the brits out of the north.

Then why did SF sign up to the GFA that cemented British authority there?
    Are you saying 20 plus years after the GFA that nationalists are still downtrodden and an abused minority? Then what was all the killing about?

This is the SF/Provo paradox.

The 'war' was about getting the British out of the north.
    Yet, the Provos didn't surrender, even though the British are still in the North and armed.

Cant have it both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

You were asked a question about the origins of the conflict/war and what led people to do what I will call yet again, the wrong thing and instead of answering you climbed up on to the lecturing higher moral ground again to try and demean people. How typical of the lazy.
    Truthvader wrote: »
    Poor poor Francie so morally disorientated he views not murdering as high moral ground. Its not Francie it is sea level basic humanity for anyone not spiritually infected

Mod: @Truthvader, @FrancieBrady - can both of you quit it with the píssing contest please? Final warning - next time will be a threadban.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

cyllyn28 wrote: »
    Mark is a Fine Gael voting West Brit....He supports the British class warfare in Northern Ireland...He'd love the Garda to go around randomly executing working class children, in the same acts of terror.

I do not support the shinners...They are not willing to do to Mark's kind what is needed to be done...and many are conservatives, equally as degenerate. Our nation can only truly be free, when it rids itself of the conservative tapeworms the British left behind. The are not the Irish people...they are the worms who feed on the Irish people...

Well that's an illuminating post.

As regards mental illness, I was referring to the fact that I clearly said that the killers of McElwaine should have been prosecuted but the Sinn Fein fanboys actually managed to interpret that as a preference to tuning a blind eye to his murder. This exhibits a collapse of the normal mental processing facility

You asked me a hypothetical question. We can all play that game. Go away is right, don't like my answer then stop asking me similar questions, or at least engage.

i asked you a real question - as in how would you know what people felt in the north. you never answered that. dont bother playing your whataboutery games with me as they dont work

Are you saying 20 plus years after the GFA that nationalists are still downtrodden and an abused minority? Then what was all the killing about?

Yet, the Provos didn't surrender, even though the British are still in the North and armed.

Cant have it both ways.

hang on here - are you telling me that the nationalist people in the north wanted the brits to stay? really - cop on with yourself and learn a bit of the history before high horsing it on here.

you are making up bull****. the only way for equality in the north was to get the british out. this ended up with an agreement - you know what 'agreement' means, yes? - between all sides. it didnt cement british rule.

come back whenever you know wtf you are talking about. might help because Im not going to bother trying to educate you..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Well at least we didn’t spend the Apple money like The SF rats wanted us to . Imagine we could be a further 13 billion in debt now if that was spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,948 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Cant have it both ways.

Perfect example of somebody having to find a win.

Your entire version of what happened lacks nuance, not because of lack of knowledge or ignorance but because it is in the nuance where you lose the argument and might (heaven help us all) just might have to give those boogeymen and women some credit.

That is why you indulge in this taunting game. You diverge from the factual history to do it too. The factual history that shows the British had accepted that they would never win...the IRA thankfully accepted it was a stalemate as well and both sides sat down and negotiated a deal they could live with.

But you use normal post conflict/war agreements and truces to taunt. well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

How was planting 2 bombs are either end of a town with a delay on one an accident?

I look forward to seeing your answer!!

One bomb in the wine Cavalier, where is this second bomb revisism coming from?

Perfect example of somebody having to find a win.

Your entire version of what happened lacks nuance, not because of lack of knowledge or ignorance but because it is in the nuance where you lose the argument and might (heaven help us all) just might have to give those boogeymen and women some credit.

That is why you indulge in this taunting game. You diverge from the factual history to do it too. The factual history that shows the British had accepted that they would never win...the IRA thankfully accepted it was a stalemate as well and both sides sat down and negotiated a deal they could live with.

But you use normal post conflict/war agreements and truces to taunt. well done.

thats because markodaly hasnt the slightest notion what it was like to live through

Where have I said any of it was 'justified ark.

When I asked how did murdering a 3-year-old toddler and a 12-year-old boy in Warrington protect Nationalists in Northern Ireland, you went off a nice ramble about defence becoming offence and that the ultimate enemy is the British establishment in NI.

THAT is trying to justify murder Francie.
    And seriously...a person who professes to be knoledgeable of history has never heard of the concept of 'defence turning into attack' - 'attack is the best form of defence'...really Mark?

Exhibit A
    Planting bombs in English market towns on a Saturday afternoon was really trying to protect Nationalists on the Short Strand.... or something.
    Getting the British to relinquish their occupation of a part of this island was the only way people could see to defend themselves...not a hard concept to grasp.

Exhibit B
    The Provos were fighting for a UI and was happy to bomb, murder and kill whomever they want to try and achieve that goal

Exhibit C
    Whatabout...

jm08 wrote: »
    The two boys in Warrington were a mistake and the Provos apologised for them.

So you admit that the murder of two boys in Warrington did nothing to protect Nationalists in the North?

hang on here - are you telling me that the nationalist people in the north wanted the brits to stay? really - cop on with yourself and learn a bit of the history before high horsing it on here.

I see you ignore my pointed questions about the SF/PIRA paradox.
    The war was about getting the Brits out of NI, but the PIRA didn't surrender...even though the Brits are still in NI.
    Oh, the war was really about equality and civil rights all along Ted.
    you are making up bull****. the only way for equality in the north was to get the british out.

Since the British are still there, is NI still an unequal society for Nationalists?
    Simple question.

I see you ignore my pointed questions about the SF/PIRA paradox.
    The war was about getting the Brits out of NI, but the PIRA didn't surrender...even though the Brits are still in NI.
    Oh, the war was really about equality and civil rights all Ted.

Since the British are still there, is NI still an unequal society for Nationalists?
    Simple question.

i didnt ignore anything. your 'paradox' makes no sense whatsoever.

Google what 'agreement' means. you dont seem to understand what that word means - as well as not understanding almost everything else about what was going on in the north.

you seem to be a bit of an attention seeker going by your wildly inaccurate posts. You wont be getting any more attention off me until you start actually making sense.

i didnt ignore anything. your 'paradox' makes no sense whatsoever.

Google what 'agreement' means. you dont seem to understand what that word means - as well as not understanding almost everything else about what was going on in the north.

you seem to be a bit of an attention seeker going by your wildly inaccurate posts. You wont be getting any more attention off me until you start actually making sense.

Why are you avoiding my question?
    Is the North still an unequal society for Nationalists?

Your non-answers speaks more loudly to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,305 ✭✭✭facehugger99

When will the Shinnerbots be receiving their focus-points from head office on the Apple tax case one wonders.

It is unequal society for nationlist....though its division between rich and poor is even more glaring than in the free state now

So why did SF/PIRA agree to the GFA to prop up and perpetuate this unequal society? SF are in power in the North, what are they doing to close those class divisions?

• Advertisement

So why did SF/PIRA agree to the GFA to prop up and perpetuate this unequal society? SF are in power in the North, what are they doing to close those class divisions?

Nothing.....though working class nationlist have thrived while loyalists have gone deeper into mire of poverty since the gfa

Make of that,what you want

Either way,its been a failure the gfa....only thing has change is killing stopped.....stormont never gonna work,a toddler can see that,pull plug and reunify is only thing,hasnt been tried

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement