Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,948 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »

So, how did the murder of two young boys defend the nationalist community?

Because they believed that turning defence into attack represented the best way forward in an intractable conflict/war were the main player - Britain had still not accepted what it could quite easily have done in 1968/69.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

maccored wrote: »
    as an alternative to the GFA? Might have worked had the brits kept their side of the bargain and transferred all powers to Stormont - but they didnt (one of the reasons why its failing)

Though as you're telling people to think about the fact the GFA isnt working - what would your solution have been? Any better ideas?

Apologies, I didn't make it clear I was mocking the post that said the GFA was a failure and that all it achieved was stopping the killing.

I don't have a different solution to the GFA because I think it was a success. It stopped the killing (mostly) and I think that is what the vast majority of people wanted. I would be quite happy for the status quo to continue. My only hope is that the few remaining dissident republicans (whatever name the RA are going by these days) would stop trying to start the violence again.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Adam9213

blanch152 wrote: »
    So you are saying that the 1,000 members of the security forces killed by the PIRA deserved that fate and helped the nationalist cause? Really?

Yes, heavily armed men and women walking around in disputed territory in (at the time the 6 counties were claimed by both British and Irish governments) so they were whatever way you think about literally occupying Ireland yes they deserved their fate or even if they were off duty they still deserved their fate.

There's no such thing as an off duty IRA man why should the Brits get a free pass when they clock off for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,946 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

These being same security forces who colluded and fed info to loyalists to kill innocent nationlists??

Iirc it was 150 out of 151 killed by glennane gang,(joint sec force and uvf team) were 100% innocent and had no connection to republican activities??

And where have I defended the actions of the glennane gang?

Were the members of the security forces killed by the PIRA directly involved in feeding information to loyalists? If not, why did they deserve to be killed, as you and several other posters are making clear?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

The IRA card hasn't been used in a while. Ever since the FFG merger and the shambles since day 1 of the Govt, the IRA card is well and truely back

• Advertisement

Were the members of the security forces killed by the PIRA directly involved in feeding information to loyalists? If not, why did they deserve to be killed, as you and several other posters are making clear?

I don't think you have a clue what the war was about, The IRAs whole war was against the British state so obviously anyone who supported the IRA would support the killings of members of the security forces.

I can tell by that idiotic statement you just made you don't have any idea what you're talking about, is that what you believe? The IRAs goal was to fight loyalists? They probably spent less than one percent of their time and resources on worrying about loyalists.

You should just leave this thread, you just showed from that statement you have no clue what you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

NOBODY deserved to die and NONE of it was justified.

And literally the next post, trying to justify the murder of two boys.
    Because they believed that turning defence into attack represented the best way forward in an intractable conflict/war were the main player - Britain had still not accepted what it could quite easily have done in 1968/69.

If you just said something in the following that the murder of two young boys in Warrington did nothing to defend Nationalists in the North then we would agree, but you again appear to defend murder and violence because some sociopaths in the IRA had a particular point of view.

See, I am not asking why you think the PIRA did it, I am asking YOU the question and seeing that you continuously fail to stop justifying the murder, then I am of the opinion that you agree with it, as part of the overall war effort.

The IRA card hasn't been used in a while. Ever since the FFG merger and the shambles since day 1 of the Govt, the IRA card is well and truely back

Its almost as if the government is in crisis and needs a distraction??

Expecting paul quinn(who ffg excluded getting justice for,from.the programme for government) to be wheeled out about 5 or 6pm :rolleyes:

If you just said something in the following that the murder of two young boys in Warrington did nothing to defend Nationalists in the North then we would agree, but you again appear to defend murder and violence because some sociopaths in the IRA had a particular point of view.

See, I am not asking why you think the PIRA did it, I am asking YOU the question and seeing that you continuously fail to stop justifying the murder, then I am of the opinion that you agree with it, as part of the overall war effort.

Nobody justifies Warrington, IRA supported don't, IRA sympathisers don't, IRA members don't, I don't know where you get the idea they do?

Do you ask supporters of the US army, UK army or any other supporters of guerilla armies throughout history do they justify a couple of innocent people killed by them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

You are right it didn't do any good for NI nationalists and the Provos and they were used extensively by the British State/media in a propaganda war, just like you are using them now.

No one has even tried to justified their deaths, so why do you keep asking people here to do so?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

If SF aren't still pro IRA, why won't the SF TDs tell what they know about the pedo rapists in the IRA?

Shinnbots never answer that question.

Pkiernan wrote: »
    If SF aren't still pro IRA, why won't the SF TDs tell what they know about the pedo rapists in the IRA?

How can there be pedo rapists still in the ira....it deosnt exist :pac:

Pkiernan wrote: »

Well the IRA is gone and they have always claimed they supported it so I don't know what your point is?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,948 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You asked a question...I gave you the answer.

I didn't plant the bomb, I am not responsible for the boys death. I GAVE you the thinking of the IRA at the time. Take it or leave it.

I have said it WAS ALL WRONG. What the hell more do you need to know, to work out whether I justify it or not?

This is exactly why selective exploitation of victims will get nobody anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Its almost as if the government is in crisis and needs a distraction??

Expecting paul quinn(who ffg excluded getting justice for,from.the programme for government) to be wheeled out about 5 or 6pm :rolleyes:

Paul Williams heading up with the Indo cheque book?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Just read the last few pages. Its like an endless train ride through Gerry Adams' twisted booby trapped mind; full of dead ends, double meanings, lies, denials, equivocations, justifications, whataboutery, falsehoods, unspoken understandings and spiritual bankruptcy. As they are called out on each lie three more new ones spring into its place.

Give up. These people are not amenable to normal discourse because at their very core they are absolutely convinced that killing another person to get what you want is OK.

All that can be done is for decent people to ensure that they are excluded from power forever and to steadfastly point out the backsliding and lies as and when they crop up. There will never be any contrition, realisation or concession to any normal standards of behaviour

• Registered Users Posts: 27,946 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Truthvader wrote: »
    Just read the last few pages. Its like an endless train ride through Gerry Adams' twisted booby trapped mind; full of dead ends, double meanings, lies, denials, equivocations, justifications, whataboutery, falsehoods, unspoken understandings and spiritual bankruptcy. As they are called out on each lie three more new ones spring into its place.

Give up. These people are not amenable to normal discourse because at their very core they are absolutely convinced that killing another person to get what you want is OK.

All that can be done is for decent people to ensure that they are excluded from power forever and to steadfastly point out the backsliding and lies as and when they crop up. There will never be any contrition, realisation or concession to any normal standards of behaviour

Yes, it seems that some people believe killing retired part-time members of the reserves was a vital necessity to achieve "Irish freedom", whatever that means in a multi-cultural, multi-denominational, movable modern world.

You can only expect normal standards of behaviour from normal societies and normal situations.

Expecting normal behaviour in the most militarized zone on the planet in a politically unstable state that is disputed territory claimed by two governments is bizarre.

That's where I think you can't understand because you're comparing it to a normal society which it wasn't at all.

Yes, it seems that some people believe killing retired part-time members of the reserves was a vital necessity to achieve "Irish freedom", whatever that means in a multi-cultural, multi-denominational, movable modern world.

It seems most people would believe that as the Old IRA done the exact same thing

In May, 1921, the I.R.A killed a 70 year old ex-soldiers called Mick Sullivan near Rathmore, Co. Kerry and used his body to lure Crown Forces into the area.

DMP constable Michael McCarthy was shot in Cork on April 22nd. He died on April 24th at Cork military hospital. McCarthy was off duty and at home on leave working in a field when two men approached him. They produced guns. Shot him and ran off.

RIC sergeant was shot Patrick Carroll was shot dead while leaving church after Mass at Kilmilhill, County Clare.

There's no such this as an off duty soldier.

• Advertisement

Adam9213 wrote: »
    You can only expect normal standards of behaviour from normal societies and normal situations.

Expecting normal behaviour in the most militarized zone on the planet in a politically unstable state that is disputed territory claimed by two governments is bizarre.

That's where I think you can't understand because you're comparing it to a normal society which it wasn't at all.

Nope, not good enough. People the world over suffer injustices abnormal societies and disappointments. The vast majority do not choose murder

Nope, not good enough. People the world over suffer injustices abnormal societies and disappointments. The vast majority do not choose murder

Like what countries are you referring to? just curious.

Of course the vast majority of people don't commit murder what is your point? Obviously the majority of people in any war in any country don't commit murder why are you just stating the obvious?

Adam9213 wrote: »
    Like what countries are you referring to? just curious.

Of course the vast majority of people don't commit murder what is your point? Obviously the majority of people in any war in any country don't commit murder why are you just stating the obvious?

Iraq, Afghanistan, Kosovo. You choose one

Ya....these are real bastions of peace with no killings alright :pac:

Didnt the yanks,end up negociating with the taliban after a protracted civil war.....

If with all resources yanks can throw at a war,they couldnt defeat an guerilla campaign.....what makes people think the brits were on brink of outright victory in the 6 counties??

The vast majority even in those places way more abnormal than NI did not resort to murder. Some did as in NI. Its not OK

The vast majority even in those places way more abnormal than NI did not resort to murder. Some did as in NI. Its not OK

Mate....your citing afganistan and iraq as bastions of peace ,where people put up with oppression and dont resort to defending emselves

What next isreal/palastine as an example of how community relations should be :pac: or johhny depp/amber heard as an example of healthy mature relationship

Mate....your citing afganistan and iraq as bastions of peace ,where people put up with oppression and dont resort to defending emselves

What next isreal/palastine as an example of how community relations should be :pac: or johhny depp/amber heard as an example of healthy mature relationship

"Mate....your citing afganistan and iraq as bastions of peace"

Eh no. I am doing precisely the opposite. Try to concentrate

I don't know what he's on about to be honest, anyone who reads them last few posts I don't think you will either.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭cyllyn28

"Abnormal"....You mean, there wasn't a class of collaborators, who got big farms, and monopolies on the professions, and civil service...For hanging Afghan people and burning their homes ...like they did in Skibereen....The Brit has one plan, and only ever one plan...And that is to cultivate some morals free local conservatives...to betray their nation, to put those they have betrayed on the spit, and turn them, for their British overlords.....The Taliban won't fall for the same tricks that fooled the Irish....And reduced the majority of Irish people to enslavement and poverty...The Taliban won't fall for these tricks, the installation of a west British government in Afghanistan....They'd rather die, than become like Ireland....where the majority of people are milked like cattle, by "gentlemen" farmers of men.

cyllyn28 wrote: »
    "Abnormal"....You mean, there wasn't a class of collaborators, who got big farms, and monopolies on the professions, and civil service...For hanging Afghan people and burning their homes ...like they did in Skibereen....The Brit has one plan, and only ever one plan...And that is to cultivate some morals free local conservatives...to betray their nation, to put those they have betrayed on the spit, and turn them, for their British overlords.....The Taliban won't fall for the same tricks that fooled the Irish....And reduced the majority of Irish people to enslavement and poverty...The Taliban won't fall for these tricks, the installation of a west British government in Afghanistan....They'd rather die, than become like Ireland....where the majority of people are milked like cattle, by "gentlemen" farmers of men.

That is really fabulous stuff. Balanced, nuanced, well researched and presented with a degree of equinamity not often encountered on these pages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

cyllyn28 wrote: »
    😶😯😯

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement