Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭cyllyn28

Truthvader wrote: »
    That is really fabulous stuff. Balanced, nuanced, well researched and presented with a degree of equinamity not often encountered on these pages.

As a great man once said...If the cap fits, wear it.

Notice how quite the Pharisees who moderate the thread have gone.....The "managers" are exchanging messages among themselves.....on how best to crucify an Irishman who tells the truth......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I have said it WAS ALL WRONG. What the hell more do you need to know, to work out whether I justify it or not?

I want to you to answer the question, on how the murder of two boys in Warrington help defend Nationalists in the north.

If you just say, it did nothing to defend Nationalists in the north, it would be a good first step of growth for you. Do you agree with me on this statement?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Ya know SF are doing a fine job when the only form of attack is The IRA

• Registered Users Posts: 68,954 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »
    I want to you to answer the question, on how the murder of two boys in Warrington help defend Nationalists in the north.

If you just say, it did nothing to defend Nationalists in the north, it would be a good first step of growth for you. Do you agree with me on this statement?

Why Mark?

Why are you still using selective and emotive victims to win an argument that is over. Over 3000 people died from all sides, of all ages.

It's not something I am going to engage in, it nauseates me to do that with any individual victims.

I don't need to 'grow', I have a fully acceptable (to me) view of why the conflict/war happened, what caused it and could cause it again.
    I understand why it happened, who and what was primarily responsible for it and I understand that everyone has some responsibility for it happening and for it happening again.

Have you achieved that level of 'growth' as you parade another set of victims for likes and emotive responses? I don't think you have.

Why Mark?

Because you have a history of trying to justify the atrocities carried out but PIRA.
    "Turning defence into attack" being the latest excuse of yours, when pushed on this question early.

That was an unequivocal defence and justification of the Warrington bombing, and I have given you every opportunity to disavow that earlier statement and correct it and grow from it.

However, the simple fact is, is that you cannot even admit the obvious, that the murder of 3-year-old Johnathan Ball and 12-year-old Tim Parry did absolutely nothing to defend nationalists in the North.

The fact you cannot type those words, but happy to go off on a 'what about' tangent or give a glib 'it was all wrong but' response says it all.

• Advertisement

Because you have a history of trying to justify the atrocities carried out but PIRA.
    "Turning defence into attack" being the latest excuse of yours, when pushed on this question early.

That was an unequivocal defence and justification of the Warrington bombing, and I have given you every opportunity to disavow that earlier statement and correct it and grow from it.

However, the simple fact is, is that you cannot even admit the obvious, that the murder of 3-year-old Johnathan Ball and 12-year-old Tim Parry did absolutely nothing to defend nationalists in the North.

The fact you cannot type those words, but happy to go off on a 'what about' tangent or give a glib 'it was all wrong but' response says it all.

You just cannot get past it can you Mark?

None of what happened in the conflict/war was justified and all of the violence was wrong, right from the start.

If you accept that, you never have to engage in vulgar, disrespectful victim exploitation again.

None of what happened in the conflict/war was justified and all of the violence was wrong, right from the start.

So, in essence you agree that the murder of a 3-year-old toddler and 12-year-old boy did nothing to defend Nationalists in the North.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

They’re not doing any job though, the only thing they’ve done from a political perspective recently is try to have a racist homophobe elected as mayor of south Dublin county council.

What ‘job’ are they doing otherwise?
    Well other than sitting back and complaining about absolutely everything that other parties do.

The party of all the answers but none of the solutions

They’re not doing any job though, the only thing they’ve done from a political perspective recently is try to have a racist homophobe elected as mayor of south Dublin county council.

Well other than sitting back and complaining about absolutely everything that other parties do.

Awh you OK?

While the FFG merger and Greens in Govt are a shambles and were not even 3 weeks in. MM with the biggest U turn in a few hours seen since his mate done one at a Garai checkpoint.
    LV thinking he's in charge, telling us no reason phase 4 won't go ahead, less than 24 hours later, phase 4 will now not go ahead.
    Eamonn Ryan less than 8 hours after voting against Cowen asw Qs in the Dáil says he has serious Qs to answer.

Then you come on here and it's IRA this, IRA that and many of the posters defending everything FFG have went quiet on other threads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

You also forgot making complete and utter fools of themselves by wanting to spend the money from Apple that was held in escrow.

Imagine how stupid we would look now if we did that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Awh you OK?

While the FFG merger and Greens in Govt are a shambles and were not even 3 weeks in. MM with the biggest U turn in a few hours seen since his mate done one at a Garai checkpoint.
    LV thinking he's in charge, telling us no reason phase 4 won't go ahead, less than 24 hours later, phase 4 will now not go ahead.
    Eamonn Ryan less than 8 hours after voting against Cowen asw Qs in the Dáil says he has serious Qs to answer.

Then you come on here and it's IRA this, IRA that and many of the posters defending everything FFG have went quiet on other threads

Not much to defend as yet really.
    FF are a shambles agreed, but govt business is going ahead.
    A successful day in court yesterday that thankfully (because SF didn't get their hands on it) hasn't us in billions in debt to apple.
    The usual SF rantings going on from where they're best served and best pleased to be, loud mouthed opposition benches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Awh you OK?

Did you get an F in the English language?

Leo Vradakar 's words were in relation to pubs:

"I do hope it will be possible for them to reopen,"

And in relation to the rest of stage 4,like stage 3,this depended on Nphet' s final advice, which is also what he said

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Did you get an F in the English language?

Leo Vradakar 's words were in relation to pubs:

"I do hope it will be possible for them to reopen,"

And in relation to the rest of stage 4,like stage 3,this depended on Nphet' s final advice, which is also what he said

Leo said the increase in cases Monday and Tuesday not so enormous to prevent us going to phase 4.

Now don't be lying making up quotes.

Does it matter to you what grade I got in English? Or are you just gonna talk down to someone because you don't agree with their opinions. Your parents be so proud to bring up someone like you if that's the way you act.

Leo said the increase in cases Monday and Tuesday not so enormous to prevent us going to phase 4.

Now don't be lying making up quotes.

I'm not lying, you are

https://kclr96fm.com/tanaiste-leo-varadkar-says-he-hopes-all-pubs-will-be-able-to-re-open-from-monday/
    “I do hope it’s possible for them to reopen, I know there has been an update in new covid cases in the last week or two, but it’s still in the teens or twenty a day, we did think that there would be a slight increase in cases as we eased restrictions and I don’t think that the increase is so enormous that at this stage would prevent us moving to stage four but that isn’t the decision for me on my own, we need the advice from NPHET and the cabinet needs to decide”.

Mortelaro wrote: »

Whys he saying "I don’t think that the increase is so enormous that at this stage would prevent us moving to stage four" giving false hope to people, business owners, workers etc?

No reply to the fact, if someone disagrees with your opinion, you talk to them like a piece of ****e?

Whys he saying "I don’t think that the increase is so enormous that at this stage would prevent us moving to stage four" giving false hope to people, business owners, workers etc?

No reply to the fact, if someone disagrees with your opinion, you talk to them like a piece of ****e?

I said you were lying and you were
    The whole of leo Vradakar's sentence is quoted above
    He did not say in that quote that pubs would open
    You said he did
    He said that he hoped they would but it would be subject to Nphets latest advice and a cabinet decision

You were lying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

christy c wrote: »
    You also forgot making complete and utter fools of themselves by wanting to spend the money from Apple that was held in escrow.

In fairness Sinn Fein IRA have long history of spending money that doesn't belong to them. At least this time it wasn't going to involve kidnapping and terrorising a family

In fairness Sinn Fein IRA have long history of spending money that doesn't belong to them. At least this time it wasn't going to involve kidnapping and terrorising a family

The most popular party on the Island, doubt the majority of people call them Sinn Fein IRA

leo Vradakar?

You get a NG in English?

Are you going to withdraw your lies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

I think people have made up their mind one way or another on the North, it's their completely ridiculous economic proposals (such as spending Apple's cash) which could swing people either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

They're the same thing.

So, in essence you agree that the murder of a 3-year-old toddler and 12-year-old boy did nothing to defend Nationalists in the North.

You'll no doubt twist this to suit what ever high moral ground you want to point from but in 'essence' here is what I believe. If you can understand the nuance and medium to difficult concept of understanding history and why things happen while still believing it shouldn't have happened and that none of it was 'justified'.

The IRA campaign, particularly in Britain towards the end of the conflict/war did bring pressure to bear on the British. The British had realised that the only solution to a conflict/war that was hurting them was to talk. The history shows their reaction when bombs went off in Britain. Canary Wharf, Manchester even Brighton all had their effects.

It's ok Mark, it is ok to be filled with revulsion and still accept that these actions had cause and effect.

In 'essence' and in the context of above, I do believe that Warrington (which was not intended to kill two young boys) was a part of that 'campaign' to bring Britain to the table in search of a deal/solution.

Now all you need to do is ask yourself or Nationalists if they feel the GFA protects their rights, identity and aspirations.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: @dundalkfc10, @Mortelaro - it's like watching two kids bickering. Don't post in the thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    They're the same thing.

I do think the funeral of Storey was a stark reminder of this. The sinister guard of honour made up of primarily of fat and tough looking men; the closing down of the cemetery to accommodate them; O’Neill getting a selfie with some of the back room team etc.

Not a normal party. That’s why their populism is so sinister.

christy c wrote: »

Bit early to be calling that one christy. That was the court of first instance and no doubt will be appealed to a higher one.
    Could yet turn out that Ireland partnered with Apple and dithered when there was much needed revenue to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭maccored

yet another fantabulous piece of info from truthvader. You should write for The Sun or something. Poor truth(e)vader, trying hard to wind people up (and failing)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭maccored

how did shooting an unarmed footballer crossing a border help the British?

As Ive said before, we can go all day listing deaths on each side

I do think the funeral of Storey was a stark reminder of this. The sinister guard of honour made up of primarily of fat and tough looking men; the closing down of the cemetery to accommodate them; O’Neill getting a selfie with some of the back room team etc.

Not a normal party. That’s why their populism is so sinister.

What is this 'normal' party thing about?

Of course they are not 'normal', unless emerging from a 30-40 year conflict is 'normal'.

oh wait, we have very recent examples of how funerals of men and women who had emerged from a conflict and entered politics were held. So recent in fact I was at one. The funeral of an old IRA man. The engraved souvenir bullet casings of the bullets fired over his grave are among my dad's things.

'Normal'? :) How is a part of this country that can only function because there is an international agreement between two sovereign countries be described as 'normal'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Not a normal party is something you only hear the posh boys of fg say

Who curiously havnt called off their annual trip to beal na blaith next month yet........funny how the "phased" reopening lined up perfect for that :rolleyes:

Damn those posh boys always complaining about murder and thuggery. What the hell is wrong with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

maccored wrote: »
    yet another fantabulous piece of info from truthvader. You should write for The Sun or something. Poor truth(e)vader, trying hard to wind people up (and failing)

He's an ex guard ,probably now a debt collector or a GoSafe van operator,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement