Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

No you mean you can't understand why the puplic found them more popular than FG in the Election.

It's still hurting, Leo thought he would walk the election and now cause SF are so popular he has to play second fiddle to MM.

Oh I can understand. Populist rhetoric, us vs them, slick social media campaign, promise people things they know they cannot deliver, hint of the old armalite and the balaclava off it all. Easy to fool gullible and poorly educated people with that guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Are Sinn Fein still a republican party anymore?....Definitely in the south they seem more interested in Transgender issues and excusing traveller crime than a United Ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

I do think the funeral of Storey was a stark reminder of this. The sinister guard of honour made up of primarily of fat and tough looking men; the closing down of the cemetery to accommodate them; O’Neill getting a selfie with some of the back room team etc.

Not a normal party. That’s why their populism is so sinister.

I believe 250,000 people streamed that funeral. And you are factually incorrect about the guard of honour wearing the white shirt and black trousers - many were women and young people. They actually looked like a group of people who could have been in the civil defence helping out at an event.

How do you reconcile Bobby Storey's popularity with all these people who came to pay their respects at his funeral. Are they all abnormal as well? If so, how do you explain why so many people are 'abnormal'?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 deemulryan

They knew they werent getting into government and took a back seat i think. Theyll pop back up when theres another scandal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

He's an ex guard ,probably now a debt collector or a GoSafe van operator,

Only the Sinn Fein /IRA criminalised fanbase would regard calling someone an ex Guard as an insult. Thanks for yet another warning flag for all to see

• Advertisement

At least they have dropped pretext of calling poor people "salt of the earth" and now their online support refers to anyone who dare vote for someone different as scum and murderers

Actually speaking of murderers....why wasnt justice for paul quinn included in programme for government

Because the only people who could realistically deliver on such a program are Sinn Fein

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Truthvader wrote: »
    Only the Sinn Fein /IRA criminalised fanbase would regard calling someone an ex Guard as an insult. Thanks for yet another warning flag for all to see

Maurice McCabe is an ex-guard. Treated very well by the Gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 68,948 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Because the only people who could realistically deliver on such a program are Sinn Fein

The Gardai, PSNI and the IMC know who did it.

The Gardai, PSNI and the IMC know who did it.

They also know that the local IRA have made it clear that anyone giving evidence will meet a similar fate. No doubt Sinn Fein wold urge anyone with information to go to the Guards or PSNI. Strangely no-one ever does

Maurice McCabe is an ex-guard. Treated very well by the Gardai

Nice to see such concern. I suppose at least he was vindicated by the justice system and can now put it behind him and enjoy his family - unlike the other Garda McCabe who only got Sinn Fein/ IRA "justice"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

You'll no doubt twist this to suit what ever high moral ground you want to point from but in 'essence' here is what I believe. If you can understand the nuance and medium to difficult concept of understanding history and why things happen while still believing it shouldn't have happened and that none of it was 'justified'.

The IRA campaign, particularly in Britain towards the end of the conflict/war did bring pressure to bear on the British. The British had realised that the only solution to a conflict/war that was hurting them was to talk. The history shows their reaction when bombs went off in Britain. Canary Wharf, Manchester even Brighton all had their effects.

It's ok Mark, it is ok to be filled with revulsion and still accept that these actions had cause and effect.

In 'essence' and in the context of above, I do believe that Warrington (which was not intended to kill two young boys) was a part of that 'campaign' to bring Britain to the table in search of a deal/solution.

Now all you need to do is ask yourself or Nationalists if they feel the GFA protects their rights, identity and aspirations.

And there is another exhibit of 'Whatabout' or the sleight of hand of justifying murder. The Provos were right to bomb Warrington, but two bad it killed two boys, but hey hum, that is war...

It is astonishing that you cannot even admit the most basic humane and decent thing that the murder of those two boys did nothing to protect nationalists in the North.

The murder of Lyra McKee did nothing to protect nationalists in the North, do you agree?
    How about we start there and we can work backwards?

maccored wrote: »
    how did shooting an unarmed footballer crossing a border help the British?

It didn't, at all, in fact it harmed them.

See the difference?
    I can categorically state that the murder of Aidan McAnespie did nothing to protect British interests in the North.
    Yet for some reason, supporters of SF and the Provos cannot utter the same when it comes to the murder of a 3-year-old Toddler not protecting nationalists in the North.

See the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

My experience of ex guards is that they are always looking for something for nothing, whether it be a takeaway or new tyres for their car, they are usually involved in occupations that would be considered questionable, debt collection, scrap dealing, bailiffs,
    Nothing political in stating that after leaving the Gardai a lot of their members become involved in the less savoury side of society.
    Remember I come from a county where the guard's didn't exactly cover themselves in glory

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Awh you OK?

While the FFG merger and Greens in Govt are a shambles and were not even 3 weeks in. MM with the biggest U turn in a few hours seen since his mate done one at a Garai checkpoint.
    LV thinking he's in charge, telling us no reason phase 4 won't go ahead, less than 24 hours later, phase 4 will now not go ahead.
    Eamonn Ryan less than 8 hours after voting against Cowen asw Qs in the Dáil says he has serious Qs to answer.

Then you come on here and it's IRA this, IRA that and many of the posters defending everything FFG have went quiet on other threads

You said SF we’re doing a great job, what are they doing?
    You’ve just spouted a bunch of nonsense to deflect from the point at hand, again

My experience of ex guards is that they are always looking for something for nothing, whether it be a takeaway or new tyres for their car, they are usually involved in occupations that would be considered questionable, debt collection, scrap dealing, bailiffs,
    Nothing political in stating that after leaving the Gardai a lot of their members become involved in the less savoury side of society.
    Remember I come from a county where the guard's didn't exactly cover themselves in glory

Unlike the brave and glorious IRA. The anti-Guard instinct is built into the DNA of all criminals. Again this leakage is just advertising the mindset of Sinn Fein. Thanks.

Was lyra mckee not shot in crossfire during a riot as the psni went in smashing up peoples houses on holy saturday??

Iirc the psni had a warrent to seize electronic items,but didnt take so much as a mobile phone??

Psni.are only a rebranded ruc,if they keep up that blaggarding

Fantastic victim blaming there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭maccored

markodaly wrote: »
    It didn't, at all, in fact it harmed them.

See the difference?
    I can categorically state that the murder of Aidan McAnespie did nothing to protect British interests in the North.
    Yet for some reason, supporters of SF and the Provos cannot utter the same when it comes to the murder of a 3-year-old Toddler not protecting nationalists in the North.

See the difference?

the only difference i see is you slag off republicans and SF supporters but you dont slag off the very people who shot the lad crossing the border.

in other words all I see is a bit of the hypocritical appearing (you did ask) - aided by the good old throw in a victim caper. I've already told you - we could do that all day. Its a pretty useless, tired and cynical debating method. If its all you have - then why post?

Oh - and just in case its went over your head - not too many people in their right minds likes to see a three year old being killed like that (the word murder could also be used, as long as its used for all deaths and not just some. ) or wishes for it. If thats the way you think republicans think then I'd re-read the last sentence of the last paragraph.

They also know that the local IRA have made it clear that anyone giving evidence will meet a similar fate. No doubt Sinn Fein wold urge anyone with information to go to the Guards or PSNI. Strangely no-one ever does

So how did the Gardai, PSNI and IMC get their very assetive information as to what physically happened and who did it?
    Were they there or is you point about communities living in fear of reprisal bull?

Was lyra mckee not shot in crossfire during a riot as the psni went in smashing up peoples houses on holy saturday??

Iirc the psni had a warrent to seize electronic items,but didnt take so much as a mobile phone??

Psni.are only a rebranded ruc,if they keep up that blaggarding

Nope not true. There was no crossfire.

The police were going about their job when a criminal decided to murder one of them. Sadly he was not only an criminal he was also incompetent so he shot Lyra by accident. Like all republican killings there are no witnesses willing to come forward and as is clearly evidenced here it is completely acceptable to some to kill members of the police either side of the border. The greater project being for the local thugs to maintain control and administer "community justice" as it suits them.

So how did the Gardai, PSNI and IMC get their very assetive information as to what physically happened and who did it?
    Were they there or is you point about communities living in fear of reprisal bull?

its amazing the stuff some are coming out with. not a chance of backing up that No doubt Sinn Fein wold urge anyone with information to go to the Guards or PSNI. Strangely no-one ever does' - but does that stop the waffle? obviously not. the odd time its entertaining though. Like reading a read top

• Advertisement

And there is another exhibit of 'Whatabout' or the sleight of hand of justifying murder. The Provos were right to bomb Warrington, but two bad it killed two boys, but hey hum, that is war...

It is astonishing that you cannot even admit the most basic humane and decent thing that the murder of those two boys did nothing to protect nationalists in the North.

The murder of Lyra McKee did nothing to protect nationalists in the North, do you agree?
    How about we start there and we can work backwards?

Again you reach for an emotive and selective victim.

Let's hear you say 'It was ALL wrong and unjustified from the begining'.

Where you happy with deaths and oppression before the IRA got involved...or to paraphrase what Maudling chillingly stated after Bloody Sunday..had you an 'acceptable level' of - oppression and violence' .

So why not state that Mark and we can relieve you of the nauseating exploitation of the tragically dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Unlike the brave and glorious IRA. The anti-Guard instinct is built into the DNA of all criminals. Again this leakage is just advertising the mindset of Sinn Fein. Thanks.

Nothing to do with SF this time, maybe running over someone and blaming the local publican. Making fake explosive finds, keeping a family under house arrest to protect an informers criminal activities , nothing made up there Truthy, a lot of your ex colleagues were as bad as the criminals they were suposed to be chasing. There was a tribunal and everything, maybe we need another one

Its the police job to smash up widowed pensioners home to provoke riots??wtf,glad your no longer a gaurd anyway

Theres is literally widely available video footage of this,so this myth of intimidation is a fallacy tbh mate

Is it?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/05/leona-oneill-new-graffiti-threat-derry-reporter-witnessed-death-of-lyra-mckee

And that's someone who dosn't have to live in their sick community

Except its not??

Just a childish attempt by yous to shut down debate

Why did the psni not take any electronic items,despite having a warrent to do so

Why did they smash up the home of a widow in her 60s??its almost as if they wanted a soft target to provoke reaction

Why have sf despite promising to hold them to.account,not ever raised this?

Why are sinn fein actively encouraging recruitment into a police force,which turns blind eye to people screaming sectarian abuse at kids for playing hurling??

Its a pure joke,

Yes, that is what they wanted alright, provoke a riot where the New IRA shot someone dead. It was their sneaky plan along.

See that is the thing, it is always someone else's fault.
    Not the guy who planted the bomb or pulled the trigger, there is always someone else or something else to blame.

Again you reach for an emotive and selective victim.

Let's hear you say 'It was ALL wrong and unjustified from the begining'.

Where you happy with deaths and oppression before the IRA got involved...or to paraphrase what Maudling chillingly stated after Bloody Sunday..had you an 'acceptable level' of - oppression and violence' .

So why not state that Mark and we can relieve you of the nauseating exploitation of the tragically dead.

You love say it was all wrong, yet you cannot admit to yourself that killing innocent people, like Lyra McKee or the two young boys in Warrington does nothing and did nothing for the Nationalist community.

It was all wrong, BUT....
    That is your take on it.

Let's take it this way, the killing of a 3-year-old toddler helped the Nationalist community... how?

maccored wrote: »
    the only difference i see is you slag off republicans and SF supporters but you dont slag off the very people who shot the lad crossing the border.

This is a SF thread, create a thread about the British Army by all means.
    in other words all I see is a bit of the hypocritical appearing

Ah, the whataboutism fallacy.

tuquoque.jpg

To your last point, there is a cohort of Irish Republicans and SF supporters who think that the murder of a 3 year old toddler helped Nationalists in the North. How it helped, I don't know but you best ask them.

This is a SF thread, create a thread about the British Army by all means.

Ah, the whataboutism fallacy.

To your last point, there is a cohort of Irish Republicans and SF supporters who think that the murder of a 3 year old toddler helped Nationalists in the North. How it helped, I don't know but you best ask them.

you are at it again. its a sf thread so that means you have to demand people say sorry for deaths - when its clear to anyone but a lunatic that no-one in their right minds loves the idea of people dying.

i dont really see why you are pointing out that people kill people - in this occasion ... as has been pointed out numerous times so far to you... there were civilian deaths on both sides.

I have no idea where you are going with your line of questioning, other than when people fight, people die ... and thats already plainly and painfully obvious.

Then you post a pic that has nothing to do with anything (im sure in your mind it does mind you). YOU dont like criticism - you asked me about the difference, and I pointed it out. bit of an own goal there.

seriously lad - I'll have to stick you on ignore unless you buck up the standard a bit. Do you just like hearing yourself type or whats the story? (second thoughts, dont answer that)

You love say it was all wrong, yet you cannot admit to yourself that killing innocent people, like Lyra McKee or the two young boys in Warrington does nothing and did nothing for the Nationalist community.

That is your take on it.

Let's take it this way, the killing of a 3-year-old toddler helped the Nationalist community... how?

There was no BUT...It was all wrong and and unjustified. If you can admit that we can discuss motivations and why things happened as they did.

No need to now drag a 3 year old into the debate to be exploited.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Adam9213

That is your take on it.

Everyone admits it's wrong I don't know why you keep asking.

All you've been saying the last 20 pages on this thread is asking people to justify Warrington.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Ya know SF are doing a fine job when the only form of attack is The IRA
    Yeah_Right wrote: »

They're the same thing.

There you are now, Ireland's Taoiseach back in Feb 2020, publicly called for the IRA to govern the country, while he and his Fine Gael party would take the opposition benches.

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement