Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,945 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

smurgen wrote: »
    I’m sure those that were accusing others of attacking Leo for his sexuality will be here to defend Fintan any minute now....

Who is Fintan?

Don't have any issues with his sexuality, might even change my username to "Fintan Warfield's Partner" to prove that I have no issues with his sexuality :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

zoobizoo wrote: »
    Maybe with a balaclava on

More likely a 'gimp mask'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

blanch152 wrote: »
    The one in Belfast looks a lot more valuable than that.

As for the one in Donegal, if its only work 50k, that's bad for him after all the money he spent renovating it.

https://images.app.goo.gl/auNJpafLNp93o1A59

View alone would make it worthwhile

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Who is Fintan?

Don't have any issues with his sexuality, might even change my username to "Fintan Warfield's Partner" to prove that I have no issues with his sexuality :D:D

Do,I wouldn't think any less of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Seems there is more talk in this thread about FG and Leo rather then SF.

Lets see.

Leo is mentioned 296 times
    FG is mentioned 957 times
    FF is mentioned 631 times
    FFG is mentioned 116 times

Just saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

markodaly wrote: »
    Seems there is more talk in this thread about FG and Leo rather then SF.

Lets see.

Leo is mentioned 296 times
    FG is mentioned 957 times
    FF is mentioned 631 times
    FFG is mentioned 116 times

Just saying.

More proof that SF has vanished!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Fifty properties? So the party that rails against vulture funds and landlords turns out to be a significant landlord themselves.

What is that line from Animal Farm?

“The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”

The purchase of the Donegal Property was a Constituency Office for Pearse Doherty. So they own their own Constituency Offices instead of paying out to landlords!

Whats the problem with doing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

jm08 wrote: »
    The purchase of the Donegal Property was a Constituency Office for Pearse Doherty. So they own their own Constituency Offices instead of paying out to landlords!

The "problem" is that they are pretending to survive on the average industrial wage. I don't believe they are.

I would guess that every political party would like to do this, but none of them have the finances that Sinn Fein have gathered in over the years from various activities.

Truthvader wrote: »
    The "problem" is that they are pretending to survive on the average industrial wage. I don't believe they are.

Pearse Doherty didn't buy the Constituency Office, Sinn Fein did, which might suggest that SF TDs just taking the average industrial wage and donating the rest to the party is the reason why Sinn Fein has so much money that they can buy constituency offices.

• Advertisement

I would guess that every political party would like to do this, but none of them have the finances that Sinn Fein have gathered in over the years from various activities.

Would that be because it benefits the TDs/Party members to own the property so that they can rent it out as constituency offices. So instead of the rent income going to FFG, it goes into the pockets of FFG / TD / Councillor pockets?

Here is the list of interests of TDs. Not many SF TDs on it!
    https://extra.ie/2020/01/31/news/politics/election-tds-landlords-dail

Would that be because it benefits the TDs/Party members to own the property so that they can rent it out as constituency offices. So instead of the rent income going to FFG, it goes into the pockets of FFG / TD / Councillor pockets?

Is that the one that Gerry "forgot" to list his properties and pensions on?

Is that the one that Gerry "forgot" to list his properties and pensions on?

No. Its a 2020 list. Gerry isn't a TD anymore. For the record, I don't think anyone would list their pensions.

Give over Blanch, you haven't thought this attack angle through!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

the tds are more than likely are - the party is the one spending the money.

Funny how the party that is apparently so economically useless manages to make their bucks last longer - for which they get ridiculed.

Pearse Doherty didn't buy the Constituency Office, Sinn Fein did, which might suggest that SF TDs just taking the average industrial wage and donating the rest to the party is the reason why Sinn Fein has so much money that they can buy constituency offices.

Or maybe everything is paid for by "the party" so the TD's are free to spend "the average industrial wage" on beer and holidays

As to where "the Party might get its money you'd have to ask Uncle Slab. Mary Lou says he is a "very nice" man so I'm sure he'll be anxious to help

maccored wrote: »
    the tds are more than likely are - the party is the one spending the money.

Funny how the party that is apparently so economically useless manages to make their bucks last longer - for which they get ridiculed.

A bit like Trump, if you start off with, say £26 million, it gives you an edge

You mean like Donnachadh O'Laoghaire does?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I suppose it's a good way to wash money earned from selling diesel and narcotics and from robbing banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I suppose it's a good way to wash money earned from selling diesel and narcotics and from robbing banks.

How any party in the Republic can own 50 properties and hire 200 ‘employees’ is astonishing considering the trivial limits we have on political donations in this country. Where did the money come from? In fairness, a good few journalists are starting to lift the slates and examine the insects crawling around under them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

How any party in the Republic can own 50 properties and hire 200 ‘employees’ is astonishing considering the trivial limits we have on political donations in this country. Where did the money come from? In fairness, a good few journalists are starting to life the slates and examine the insects crawling around under them.

That lad who cut his own penis off left them a fortune in his will apparently.

• Advertisement

That lad who cut his own penis off left them a fortune in his will apparently.

Overseas donations cannot be used to fund political parties operating in this country. Something very off about this property portfolio. There’s a huge story here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Maybe they wisely invested the EUR 30 million they received for training FARC guerillas in Colombia a while back.

Overseas donations cannot be used to fund political parties operating in this country. Something very off about this property portfolio. There’s a huge story here.

Now now you should all know the rule here. Any mention of an "unfortunate" murder or where money comes from etc will..........

Come on boys you know this....

What will it do boys.....

It will............

jeopardise......

Oh come on boys what will it jeopardise..........

It will jeopardise the what boys..........

"The Peace Process"

We've been over and over this boys and still some of you just don't seem to be getting it. Some of you will be sent to Mr Adams office if this keeps up

Yeah_Right wrote: »

First of all, as far as I know, the rules for getting funding from foreigners in NI are different to what they are in ROI (and rest of UK). Remember how the DUP funded a Leave leaflet that was distributed in London and didn't have to declare where the money came from for it.

Secondly, Sinn Fein has been running fundraising dinners in the US for a long time where people like Gerry Adams or now Mary Lou would speak at them (like this one that Trump is at in 1995)! - A posher version of the Galway tent.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-attended-sinn-f-in-fundraiser-months-before-ira-attacked-london-a6767601.html

And then there was that Englishman who left Sinn Fein €4.6m in his will last year to piss off the British Government!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,945 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Now now you should all know the rule here. Any mention of an "unfortunate" murder or where money comes from etc will..........

Come on boys you know this....

What will it do boys.....

It will............

jeopardise......

Oh come on boys what will it jeopardise..........

It will jeopardise the what boys..........

"The Peace Process"

We've been over and over this boys and still some of you just don't seem to be getting it. Some of you will be sent to Mr Adams office if this keeps up

Pretty wild conspiracy theory which is damning of the institutions of the state and government that Truthvader.

Any evidence for it, would be interesting to see if you have it?

How any party in the Republic can own 50 properties and hire 200 ‘employees’ is astonishing considering the trivial limits we have on political donations in this country. Where did the money come from? In fairness, a good few journalists are starting to lift the slates and examine the insects crawling around under them.

Like all parties here, run fundraisers (like dinners at so much a plate).

I have no doubt that Sinn Fein's financial dealings are very keenly monitored by the other parties, Gardai and Revenue Commissioners.

Friends of Sinn Fein (in US, Canada, Australia etc). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friends_of_Sinn_F%C3%A9in
    The bulk of the money raised for the party came from the annual fundraising diner held by Friends of Sinn Féin at the Sheraton Hotel in Manhattan last November.
    More than €13 million has been raised by the organisation since it was established more than two decades ago as part of the peace process

And Irish Times saying that the fundraising dinner in New York recently raised nearly $300k.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/friends-of-sinn-f%C3%A9in-raises-a-further-294-790-in-the-us-1.4295831

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

You cannot seriously think its 50 properties.

You cannot seriously think its 50 properties.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-is-the-richest-political-party-in-ireland-1.4193124

Sinn Féin is the richest political party on the island of Ireland, with about 200 staff and, according to its director of finance, Des Mackin, an extensive network of more than 50 properties.

They have more staff than the Republican or Democratic parties in the US. Amazing stuff really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-is-the-richest-political-party-in-ireland-1.4193124

Sinn Féin is the richest political party on the island of Ireland, with about 200 staff and, according to its director of finance, Des Mackin, an extensive network of more than 50 properties.

They have more staff than the Republican or Democratic parties in the US. Amazing stuff really.

Looks like a serious professional and well run outfit.

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Looks like a serious professional and well run outfit.

Where’s the money coming from, dude? Employing 200 people would cost millions every year. Who is funding them?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement