Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Where’s the money coming from, dude? Employing 200 people would cost millions every year. Who is funding them?

UK millionaires, US fundraisers, Irish/UK taxpayers?
    Largest all Ireland party.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

jm08 wrote: »
    Like all parties here, run fundraisers (like dinners at so much a plate).

I have no doubt that Sinn Fein's financial dealings are very keenly monitored by the other parties, Gardai and Revenue Commissioners.

Friends of Sinn Fein (in US, Canada, Australia etc). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friends_of_Sinn_F%C3%A9in

And Irish Times saying that the fundraising dinner in New York recently raised nearly $300k.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/friends-of-sinn-f%C3%A9in-raises-a-further-294-790-in-the-us-1.4295831

Foreign money cannot be used to fund political parties in the Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Pretty wild conspiracy theory which is damning of the institutions of the state and government that Truthvader.

Any evidence for it, would be interesting to see if you have it?

Really??

Well the decision to release the murderers of Garda McCabe for kick off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-is-the-richest-political-party-in-ireland-1.4193124

Sinn Féin is the richest political party on the island of Ireland, with about 200 staff and, according to its director of finance, Des Mackin, an extensive network of more than 50 properties.

They have more staff than the Republican or Democratic parties in the US. Amazing stuff really.

I know there are regular comparisons between SF & Trump due to their approach when it comes to Social Media & the constant attacking of everything that anyone else does - once again though it is fantastically Trumpian how the richest party in the country have convinced voters that they are 'of the people'.

Beggars belief to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 68,936 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Truthvader wrote: »

Really??

Well the decision to release the murderers of Garda McCabe for kick off

Em... that was a transparently negotiated part of an international agreement between two sovereign governments Truth. Both sides had access to it and used it.
    No grand conspiracy there.

• Advertisement

Only until relatively recently.

For what it's worth the property SF own here in the place I live is a multi use space bought initially to cater to prisoners rehabilitation released under the GFA.

It would have received a lot of P+R funding and from other agencies of the state and was a derelict building prior to them buying it. I would say they bought it for peanuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,942 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Where’s the money coming from, dude? Employing 200 people would cost millions every year. Who is funding them?

There are many small businesses accross this island that are more than happy to donate to Sinn Fein. They understand very clearly how Sinn Fein do a very good job ensuring that their windows don't get broken, their staff don't get held up at night with the takings etc.

Only until relatively recently.

For what it's worth the property SF own here in the place I live is a multi use space bought initially to cater to prisoners rehabilitation released under the GFA.

It would have received a lot of P+R funding and from other agencies of the state and was a derelict building prior to them buying it. I would say they bought it for peanuts.

Are you suggesting that funds for prisoners rehabilitation under the the GFA have ultimately ended up subsidising political purposes instead?

You could do the state a good service by providing the information you have to the relevant authorities.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Are you suggesting that funds for prisoners rehabilitation under the the GFA have ultimately ended up subsidising political purposes instead?

You could do the state a good service by providing the information you have to the relevant authorities.

No, certainly not.

EVERYONE knows they threaten to break windows for that money. ;)

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Looks like a serious professional and well run outfit.

Top class; only comparison would be Kinihan Cartel who employ similar numbers

• Advertisement

EVERYONE knows they threaten to break windows for that money. ;)

Did I miss something?

What do these employees do I wonder?

Em... that was a transparently negotiated part of an international agreement between two sovereign governments Truth. Both sides had access to it and used it.
    No grand conspiracy there.

OK, the decision to pretend Sinn Fein/IRA has nothing to do with the Northern Bank robbery

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

What is foreign money? How is it decided that its foreign? If Irish passport holders who live in the US make donations, is that counted as 'foreign' debt. Bear in mind that there was huge emigration from the island of Ireland to the US in the 70s and 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

A bit like Trump, if you start off with, say £26 million, it gives you an edge

Really? I didnt know the RUC were funding SF

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

They have more staff than the Republican or Democratic parties in the US. Amazing stuff really.

Maybe if the Reps / Democrats were on similar money to the Sinn Fein employees, they too would have a lot more staff.

OK, the decision to pretend Sinn Fein/IRA has nothing to do with the Northern Bank robbery

You implied that the institutions of this state, (the Gardai and the government) have 'turned a blind eye to where the money comes from'.

I asked you to back up this conspiracy theory. Still waiting.

maccored wrote: »
    Really? I didnt know the RUC were funding SF

And a bit like Trump again we head into the fake news game where you just keep publishing lies until total chaos is achieved

You implied that the institutions of this state, (the Gardai and the government) have 'turned a blind eye to where the money comes from'.

I asked you to back up this conspiracy theory. Still waiting.

pop up and get your glasses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I laughed out loud at this. Have a guess.

• Advertisement

And a bit like Trump again we head into the fake news game where you just keep publishing lies until total chaos is achieved

pardon? Its a fact the only money linked to the robbery was found in an RUC leisure centre. You call facts lies now then yes?

Wheres your proof SF have anything to do with the bank robbery? yeah - none.

pop up and get your glasses

So you are withdrawing the insinuation. Good stuff.

pardon? Its a fact the only money linked to the robbery was found in an RUC leisure centre. You call facts lies now then yes?

Storey probably is best known for the 2004 Northern Bank robbery. Adams and the IRA denied that the IRA did the job, and there are people who accept that denial, but not many.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/bobby-storey-the-ira-s-planner-and-enforcer-who-stayed-in-the-shadows-1.4292981?mode=amp

You wouldn’t get any other political party having its leadership team giving an eulogy to a bank robber.

Storey probably is best known for the 2004 Northern Bank robbery. Adams and the IRA denied that the IRA did the job, and there are people who accept that denial, but not many.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/bobby-storey-the-ira-s-planner-and-enforcer-who-stayed-in-the-shadows-1.4292981?mode=amp

You wouldn’t get any other political party having its leadership team giving an eulogy to a bank robber.

wheres your actual proof though. as I say, its provable the RUC got 50 grand - truthvader doesnt understand what the word 'fact' means as s/he keeps confusing it with the word lies. You havent anything to prove the IRA robbed that bank yet you blame them. Why arent you blaming the RUC? Or do you just believe everything you read in the papers?

Ah the Sinn Fein "proofy" game so beloved by Gerry "not in the IRA" and so many such as the well know boxing promoter, philanthropist and international businessman Daniel Kinihan

Ah the Sinn Fein "proofy" game so beloved by Gerry "not in the IRA" and so many such as the well know boxing promoter, philanthropist and international businessman Daniel Kinihan

It's a 'proofy' game now? :D

One shudders to think what kind of a society you really want Truth.

One where an allegation is enough perhaps? You'd find plenty of company on here anyway.

What is Francie's job title?

What is Francie's job title?

Dunno, but he tearfully announced a few weeks ago that he had a treasured collection of shell casings from an IRA funeral so maybe he operates the Sinn Fein/IRA heirloom and curio office

To be fair it could be worse; he could be polishing beloved shell casings from a kneecapping or murder. Small mercies etc

wheres your actual proof though. as I say, its provable the RUC got 50 grand - truthvader doesnt understand what the word 'fact' means as s/he keeps confusing it with the word lies. You havent anything to prove the IRA robbed that bank yet you blame them. Why arent you blaming the RUC? Or do you just believe everything you read in the papers?

It is a fact that Gerry Adams is a liar, yet many deny it.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    It is a fact that Gerry Adams is a liar, yet many deny it.

I heard all the info he, allegedly, gave to the RUC & British forces was extremely accurate

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement