Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

You're very peaved about this macco, what are you afraid of?
    Shur it was the greatest robbery ever and the boys got away with it to boot.
    Thats some achievement when you think about it.

Not even SF supporters think it wasn’t the IRA who were behind the bank robbery, and that Bobby Storey was actively involved in its planning. They know deep down it was, and that’s why the denials always seem so half-hearted and hollow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

You're very peaved about this macco, what are you afraid of?
    Shur it was the greatest robbery ever and the boys got away with it to boot.
    Thats some achievement when you think about it.

not peaved at all - just wondering why the strange blindness people have.

its apparently grand to blame sf and the IRA for something theres no proof they had anything to do with, yet on the otherhand still apparently believing in justice and democracy with the right to being innocent until proven guilty.

Personally i think thats a bit ****ed up because you cant say the former and believe in the latter.

Not even SF supporters think it wasn’t the IRA who were behind the bank robbery, and that Bobby Storey was actively involved in its planning. They know deep down it was, and that’s why the denials always seem so half-hearted and hollow.

perfect example of what I mean. All talk, nothing to back it up with. Weird that Bobby Storey wasnt put in jail for the robbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

maccored wrote: »

its apparently grand to blame sf and the IRA for something theres no proof they had anything to do with, yet on the otherhand still apparently believing in justice and democracy with the right to being innocent until proven guilty.

Personally i think thats a bit ****ed up because you cant say the former and believe in the latter.

Yes maccored, spot on - beware the righteous high moral grounders when they get into 'allegations are enough' mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

perfect example of what I mean. All talk, nothing to back it up with. Weird that Bobby Storey wasnt put in jail for the robbery.

Much much weirder that Gerry Adams is bouncing naked on his trampoline with his teddy rather that in prison for directing terrorism, murder theft etc

• Advertisement

Truthvader wrote: »
    Much much weirder that Gerry Adams is bouncing naked on his trampoline with his teddy rather that in prison for directing terrorism, murder theft etc

another nonsensical post that doesnt answer the question

Truthvader wrote: »

Imagining things like that does nothing for me. Whatever floats yer boat as they say.

Imagining things like that does nothing for me. Whatever floats yer boat as they say.

sure adams would have every right to dance whatever way he wants - unclothed and with teddy or not - on his trampoline anyway as long as he's keeping it private.

Looks like truthvader likes the idea of less rights ... not for everyone mind, but if other people say someone should have less rights then sure they'd be right? Same logic behind the british government saying the IRA robbed a bank so therefore it must be true. like they'd never lie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

What are Sinn Fein's views on whether the pubs and schools should be reopened? Yes or no?

Good, the people have spoken, and 3/4 of em don't want SF.

More than 3/4's didn't want FG or FF and god knows how many didn't want the Greens but look what they got,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

hmmm wrote: »
    What are Sinn Fein's views on whether the pubs and schools should be reopened? Yes or no?

Their view is that the government is wrong... it doesn't matter if the pubs are open or close.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Mate....your claiming they run by the british....surely its a fairly obvious extraction then,the brits are to blame for the bombing??

Your happy enough to badger a poster for how x incident helped nationlists......how did it help british security,letting it go ahead (since yous believe ira riddled with informers,surely the brits are to blame,for not stopping it??)?

As I said, you take liberties with the truth yourself and have made some god almighty clangers.

Like stating that Nationalists today are no better off than 40 years ago.
    Blaming the PSNI for the murder of Lyra McKee. Classic victim-blaming.

Are you a New IRA supporter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

But you can, being innocent until proven guilty is a law term.
    Everyone who faces trial is believed guilty by someone or they wouldn't be there in the first place.
    An organisation like the IRA can be even known to be guilty of something, but finding the person or persons to charge and proving it in court very hard.
    Many IRA claimed atrocities have never been brought to trial as no individual could be proven to have committed them, but we know the IRA did it.

markodaly wrote: »
    Their view is that the government is wrong... it doesn't matter if the pubs are open or close.

Wrong, they believe the public health advice should be followed.
    Deputy McDonald re-emphasised the need for caution and to be guided by public health advice.

https://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/57627

Wrong, they believe the public health advice should be followed.

https://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/57627

They're all for big funerals anyway.

They're all for big funerals anyway.

So were the SDLP and the Irish state. But the high moral grounders stopped that for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

Yes maccored, spot on - beware the righteous high moral grounders when they get into 'allegations are enough' mode.

Do you apply the same standard for alleged crimes by the other side, collusion etc?

So were the SDLP and the Irish state. But the high moral grounders stopped that for everyone.

So the Hume family are high moral grounders?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

SF staged a massive "funeral" which did not even end with a burial!

So the Hume family are high moral grounders?

Nope...the high moral grounders are those who turn a blind eye to the rules being broken as plain as day elsewherw but choose to be outraged because it is certain people breaking the rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,067 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Edgware wrote: »
    But Mary Lou says that that is party policy in solidarity with the unemployed and workers on low pay. Are you calling her a liar?

Its only policy for some

https://www.irishnews.com/news/politicalnews/2018/01/20/news/sinn-fe-in-faces-questions-over-average-wage-as-td-allowed-full-90-000-salary-1237052/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Nope...the high moral grounders are those who turn a blind eye to the rules being broken as plain as day elsewherw but choose to be outraged because it is certain people breaking the rules.

There's a difference in showing respect and showing yourself up for what you are though.
    I doubt the Storey funeral was as much about respect as it was about showing your colours.
    Today is about respect, the Gardas was about respect, there's a big difference.

There's a difference in showing respect and showing yourself up for what you are though.
    I doubt the Storey funeral was as much about respect as it was about showing your colours.
    Today is about respect, the Gardas was about respect, there's a big difference.

Selective again.

People go to funerals to pay respect or out of respect for the deceased. Nice demeaning of a certain group of people.
    I have absolutely no doubt that many of those who lined the streets for Storey would want to do the same for Hume.

jh79 wrote: »

Do you apply the same standard for alleged crimes by the other side, collusion etc?

Yes, I use the words 'alleged collusion' and 'alleged involvement' when referring to Dublin Monaghan for instance.

Selective again.

People go to funerals to pay respect or out of respect for the deceased. Nice demeaning of a certain group of people.
    I have absolutely no doubt that many of those who lined the streets for Storey would want to do the same for Hume.

Nothing bad about lining the streets at all, I hope they do.
    The political circus that went with the Storey SF led farce won't happen

Nothing bad about lining the streets at all, I hope they do.
    The political circus that went with the Storey SF led farce won't happen

Storey was a senior party member. The party heads all went to his funeral. Unusual? Not in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Storey was a senior party member. The party heads all went to his funeral. Unusual? Not in this country.

That’s a lot of heads, Francis. Couple of thousand of them.

That’s a lot of heads, Francis. Couple of thousand of them.

The community coming out was a 'political circus'? Dear me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

The community coming out was a 'political circus'? Dear me.

Having thousands come up organised in uniform is a political circus.

Denying other families the full number if people they could have had at their loved one's ceremonies is unforgivable.

There's a theme running through this thread - nowadays Sinn Féin don't care.

• Advertisement

Having thousands come up organised in uniform is a political circus.

You might as well exaggerate too...everyone else is. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement