Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭joeguevara

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    The bull**** report that was welcomed by the families of the victims of Bloody Sunday and applauded by the people of Derry?

I take it you haven’t read the report. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Maybe Labour MP Harriet Harman was right in saying that the report
    “spoke for itself, but that given its length, many groups regrettably would likely be spurred to, and be able to, identify enough in the report to justify a predictable "flogging of traditional hobby horses".

Calm down, BS short for Bloody Sunday, you’d try and make anything an argument. I have read the report. I welcomed Mr Cameron apologising. But like Mr. Saville I’m disappointed that it was lip service and hiding perpetrators is still ongoing by the U.K.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

joeguevara wrote: »
    Calm down, BS short for Bloody Sunday, you’d try and make anything an argument. I have read the report. I welcomed Mr Cameron apologising. But like Mr. Saville I’m disappointed that it was lip service and hiding perpetrators is still ongoing by the U.K.

You have yeah

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

You have yeah

It was part of the syllabus when I did my masters in international criminal law in nuig with William schabas as my professor. My thesis was on national liberation armies and their treatment focussing in international humanitarian law. But you got me with the ‘you have yeah’.

It was part of the syllabus when I did my masters in international criminal law in nuig with William schabas as my professor. My thesis was on national liberation armies and their treatment focussing in international humanitarian law. But you got me with the ‘you have yeah’.

All 5,000 pages.

Calm down. I believe you.

All 5,000 pages.

Calm down. I believe you.

Oh the calm down defence. You got me again.

• Advertisement

That’s very interesting. What year did you publish your thesis?

That’s very interesting. What year did you publish your thesis?

Would you like to read it or the one on Rules of Evidence in the International Criminal Court. It’s in the library in hard copy for you to read it. It’s a masters as I said, so not a post doctoral thesis. Wouldn’t have been able to hack that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

maccored wrote: »
    of course its a question. the ira were never trained for multimillion heists

Just little ones like Adare so?

Did saville ever pass comment on the soldiers lying/laughing

Not to my recollection, but i could be wrong but I remember it being illicited in examination. He was particularly critical of obvious lies and cover ups by soldiers examined.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Truthvader wrote: »
    Just little ones like Adare so?

They ****ed that up and you think they waltzed off with 26 odd million which has never been found.

Thanks for highlighting my point so nicely.

• Advertisement

Would you like to read it or the one on Rules of Evidence in the International Criminal Court. It’s in the library in hard copy for you to read it. It’s a masters as I said, so not a post doctoral thesis. Wouldn’t have been able to hack that.

When was that? 2011 I presume.

When was that? 2011 I presume.

Well it wasn’t prior to the report being published put it that way.

Well it wasn’t prior to the report being published put it that way.

Or after William Schabas left, which only leaves 2011.

Or after William Schabas left, which only leaves 2011.

Sure you’d know better than me.

Sure you’d know better than me.

Do I feel a Shakespeare quote coming on ;-)

Do I feel a Shakespeare quote coming on ;-)

Never liked Shakespeare. Did king lead for my leaving and merchant of. Venice for the junior. Never got the love for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Lots of comedy gold on this thread. Like posters relying on the IMC report to argue that the IRA wasn’t involved in the Paul Quinn murder and simultaneously dismissing the IMC report that finds the IRA robbed the Northern Bank. Is there any reason for the duplicity apart from hypocrisy?

Its the SF way.
    Dismiss all criticisms at every available opportunity, with lots of whatabouteries.

They are the Trump faction of Ireland, but they don't even know.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »
    Its the SF way.
    Dismiss all criticisms at every available opportunity, with lots of whatabouteries.

Mark, on every single thread on FG specifically, you deny every single criticism.

I get the fact that party members defend their party, it happens here just as it happens in real life.
    But here you are casting stones at people when you do the exact same thing yourself.

Mark, on every single thread on FG specifically, you deny every single criticism.

I get the fact that party members defend their party, it happens here just as it happens in real life.
    But here you are casting stones at people when you do the exact same thing yourself.

I have not seen any realistic criticism of Fine Gael beyond name calling/ blueshirt/ arrogance stuff. There are repeated vague allegations of corruption but never anything specific. And of course that poster who endlessly references "25 year leases" when no-one knows what he is talking about.

To be fair Fine Gael should be tackled on the hospital shambles and the costs overruns which is entirely their fault. The NAMA fraud emerging also looks like something they carry ultimate responsibility for though it may be that NAMA were defrauded in a criminal conspiracy. A lot of the other "austerity" whining is juvenile and pre-supposes that a broke Government can simply vote for more money and solve everything. It is not that easy as we will find out when we have to pay back the current Covid giveaways.

I have not seen any realistic criticism of Fine Gael beyond name calling/ blueshirt/ arrogance stuff. There are repeated vague allegations of corruption but never anything specific. And of course that poster who endlessly references "25 year leases" when no-one knows what he is talking about.

To be fair Fine Gael should be tackled on the hospital shambles and the costs overruns which is entirely their fault. The NAMA fraud emerging also looks like something they carry ultimate responsibility for though it may be that NAMA were defrauded in a criminal conspiracy. A lot of the other "austerity" whining is juvenile and pre-supposes that a broke Government can simply vote for more money and solve everything. It is not that easy as we will find out when we have to pay back the current Covid giveaways.

A fine, if delusional, defence of FG criticism there. Well done on quickly jumping to prove the point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

"No realistic criticism of Fine Gael"

Honestly, GuffVader and his crew are zealots. As I mentioned before, they're attempting to turn Leo and the gang in into sacred cows beyond criticism. Maoists would have a good laugh at their carry-on here.

Clever, hard working boys that make 'the hard decisions,' and they always happen to make the correct ones despite dumpster fires on several fronts. When you point at them, it's always 'that's just the way it is.'

Senior hurling and insults to bate the band except when they get outflanked and proven to be talking scutter, then they're suddenly victims of online bullying or some other goo.

EDIT: Dude

The way I see it, all political parties have major flaws and major positives. SF and FG included. Instead of attacking and insulting other parties, each party should look inward to see what can be improved upon and what needs to be embedded. By their very nature, supporters of political parties will never take too kindly to others throwing insults at the party or their members and will react. But what does it achieve. It entrenches views, doesn't allow growth and achieves nothing. It literally is a case of rinse, wash and repeat. It gets boring after a while.

markodaly wrote: »
    Its the SF way.

Are we living on the same planet here? I'm willing to criticize SF (and have done on several occasions if you care to look at my posting history), and attacks on FG come in the large majority of cases on policy.

There are a little online militia of FG diehards here that do absolutely nothing but fire insults at those with a different political perspective. They're poison tbh and have made sh*t of so many threads since the election was called early on this year. They got deeply upset at the election result, flew off the handle, and have continued in that vein since.

Trump my eye. The boys in blue here don't have to look very far to find Trumpite behavior in their own ranks and own party.

Yurt! wrote: »
    "No realistic criticism of Fine Gael"

Honestly, GuffVader and his crew are zealots. As I mentioned before, they're attempting to turn Leo and the gang in into sacred cows beyond criticism. Maoists would have a good laugh at their carry-on here.

Clever, hard working boys that make 'the hard decisions,' and they always happen to make the correct ones despite dumpster fires on several fronts. When you point at them, it's always 'that's just the way it is.'

Senior hurling and insults to bate the band except when they get outflanked and proven to be talking scutter, then they're suddenly victims of online bullying or some other goo.

EDIT: Dude

Right let me deal with this in logical sequence.......Oh I can't, its another Sinn Fein vague rant with opaque hints but nothing specific as usual

Right let me deal with this in logical sequence.......Oh I can't, its another Sinn Fein vague rant with opaque hints but nothing specific as usual

"No valid criticism of Fine Gael"

High-level embarrassing zealotry. Day-in day-out the same guff. There's nothing opaque about it, you're caught in an ideological psychosis.

High-level embarrassing zealotry. Day-in day-out the same guff. There's nothing opaque about it, you're caught in an ideological psychosis.

Good man, get it all up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

It’s a message board, dude, not the fricking United Nations security council. You might want to tone down the hyperbole a few notches.

It’s a message board, dude, not the fricking United Nations security council. You might want to tone down the hyperbole a few notches.

Yeah dude

• Registered Users Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement