Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

The poster said...'as evidenced HERE' people are glorifying the IRA.

Well, turn another leaf. You admit the IRA were defeated.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »
    Well, turn another leaf. You admit the IRA were defeated.

Mark, you believe whatever gets you out of the bed and away from the boogeymen under it.

The IRA imo are gone. I am happy they are and they did what they committed to doing when a remarkable and historic agreement was reached

Mark, you believe whatever gets you out of the bed and away from the boogeymen under it.

The IRA imo are gone. I am happy they are and they did what they committed to doing when a remarkable and historic agreement was reached

Gone alright, in exchange for a glorified talking shop in Stormont.
    All that muder for that!

Gone alright, in exchange for a glorified talking shop in Stormont.
    All that muder for that!

Give it time Mark...20 years of pushing the two partitioned parts so close together the British could not do the Brexit they wanted was a sight to behold for me as a republican. No longer could they bully their way to look after their own interests.
    You should be proud of that protection negociated on your behalf by those who signed and supported the GFA.
    Remember.. Enda and Leo didnt have the courage or understanding to call for special status for NI over Brexit. SF were way ahead of them on that.

Give it time Mark...

Ah, the classic doctrine of a losing argument.

'Give it time'

The GFA is over 20 years old and a United Ireland is about 50 years away at least by my estimation and the UI that people think they get will be very different from the UI that they will actually get. Look at Brexit as a case of dreams vs reality.

Again, all that murder for that....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

Yes, Sinn Fein are gone on their holidays. Do you have a problem with people taking holidays ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Superfoods

The IRA are gone. The PIRA in Northern Ireland are clearly not gone. Ask anyone living on the border, or anyone living in the North.

They might have given themselves another name but they exist and they are still linked with Sinn Fein. They are more or less just another criminal gang. Running protection for people etc as well.

I have heard stories from Dublin as well, Polish gang trying to set up a protection racket, went into a pub. Landlord told them to come back the next day and he would have money, they met the "PIRA" the next day and got a good beating. No idea if true but few people have mentioned.

It's an open secret everywhere. I guess you don't live in border area if you are saying they are gone. Who do you think is behind all the issues with the companies now running Quinn?

Ah, the classic doctrine of a losing argument.

'Give it time'

The GFA is over 20 years old and a United Ireland is about 50 years away at least by my estimation and the UI that people think they get will be very different from the UI that they will actually get. Look at Brexit as a case of dreams vs reality.

Again, all that murder for that....

Ah right...50 years. Didn't know you had decided that.

A UI is about creation Mark, Brexit was about destruction.

Just over 20 years ago I had to go through a military checkpoint several times a day just to work...today only the signposts change you would have no clue were the border even was.

We are merging closer and closer together, the purpose of the GFA.

Unionist and partitionist will stamp their feet and are getting more and more hysterical about here...'it won't be like you expected..let me tell yas!' :)

Superfoods wrote: »
    The IRA are gone. The PIRA in Northern Ireland are clearly not gone. Ask anyone living on the border, or anyone living in the North.

They might have given themselves another name but they exist and they are still linked with Sinn Fein. They are more or less just another criminal gang. Running protection for people etc as well.

I have heard stories from Dublin as well, Polish gang trying to set up a protection racket, went into a pub. Landlord told them to come back the next day and he would have money, they met the "PIRA" the next day and got a good beating. No idea if true but few people have mentioned.

It's an open secret everywhere. I guess you don't live in border area if you are saying they are gone. Who do you think is behind all the issues with the companies now running Quinn?

Me? I am sitting drinking coffee here...a couple of 100 yards from the border.

I'd be pretty sure criminals are behind the Quinn issue.

Cool stories you have heard. I like a good story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Me? I am sitting drinking coffee here...a couple of 100 yards from the border.

I'd be pretty sure criminals are behind the Quinn issue.

Cool stories you have heard. I like a good story.

Given that the Provos are criminals how does it clarify anything to say that criminals are behind the Quinn savagery? Aware that the delightful Dublin Jimmy was connected to the Provos but have not seen it said anywhere that the Provos are involved in the Quinn business - though it is certainly on all fours with their skill set so would not surprise me

Anyone got further information?

• Advertisement

Truthvader wrote: »
    Given that the Provos are criminals how does it clarify anything to say that criminals are behind the Quinn savagery? Aware that the delightful Dublin Jimmy was connected to the Provos but have not seen it said anywhere that the Provos are involved in the Quinn business - though it is certainly on all fours with their skill set so would not surprise me

Anyone got further information?

Nope...you seem to have all the info.

If I was doing a Miss Marple, like yourself, I'd be looking for people in the area capable of taking bribes or extorting money because they have influence or among that set who are capable of savagely glassing people. There is a lot of them about from all walks of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Superfoods wrote: »

I heard with Nigerians and the INLA , it's been doing the rounds in different versions for years ,even heard a version with John Gotti and the Russians in N.Y.

Quinn is inside job, attack happens on day Americans were supposed to fly in, main suspect dead, evidence burned in Garda custody, whole thing stinks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Where did they get this fella?

https://twitter.com/davidcullinane/status/1292796598901190659?s=21

Man tries on a pair of ‘fashion shoes’ and another man thinks it’s an opportunity to make a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭joeguevara

What the fcuck are fashion shoes. Does cullinane want him to wear brown paper bags fixed with twine. Those moany tweets get right on my nerves. Comes across like a teenager having a go at the cool kid on tik tok. Fashion shoes ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

joeguevara wrote: »
    What the fcuck are fashion shoes. Does cullinane want him to wear brown paper bags fixed with twine. Those moany tweets get right on my nerves. Comes across like a teenager having a go at the cool kid on tik tok. Fashion shoes ffs.

Using Thomas Patrick on Grafton Street is a questionable venue for a photoshoot. You won't get a pair of shoes for under €150 there (and thats probably in a sale)! Surely to god there must be a shoe shop in Castleknock/Blanchards town where you could get a decent pair of shoes for under €100 :)

joeguevara wrote: »

You might want to get on to the store he was in and get them to explain.
    Thomas Patrick is a fashion shoe store located

https://www.dublintown.ie/business/thomas-patrick/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

David Cullinane ha, isn't he the fella who got himself into hot water for 'bigging up' the IRA not so long ago! A right upstart & a twit by all accounts.

David Cullinane ha, isn't he the fella who got himself into hot water for 'bigging up' the IRA not so long ago! A right upstart & a twit by all accounts.

No, it's Leo Varadkar...always 'bigging' himself up and making a twit of himself at inappropriate times. The PR opportunity comes first.
    We're all in this together etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

No, it's Leo Varadkar...always 'bigging' himself up and making a twit of himself at inappropriate times. The PR opportunity comes first.
    We're all in this together etc etc

As the last few months have clearly shown, SF are well able to make complete idiots of themselves all on their own. No need to be looking at other parties.

christy c wrote: »
    As the last few months have clearly shown, SF are well able to make complete idiots of themselves all on their own. No need to be looking at other parties.

I wouldn't call Leo an idiot...he's a very efficient self publicist. And cold, but he's not stupid or an idiot and should know better a lot of the time...just as SF should have known better at that funeral.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't call Leo an idiot...he's a very efficient self publicist. And cold, but he's not stupid or an idiot and should know better a lot of the time...just as SF should have known better at that funeral.

I didn't call Leo an idiot, bit of a spoofer at times though.

Not only the funeral, but the "spend the apple tax", "your pension at 65", etc.

I didn't call Leo an idiot, bit of a spoofer at times though.

Not only the funeral, but the "spend the apple tax", "your pension at 65", etc.

Ah now...are we gonna get into a swap on things promised to the electorate? :):)

You said SF had enough 'idiots' of their own and didn't need to be looking at other parties idiots. I assumed that because Cullinane was looking at Leo that you were telling him to 'not be looking at that idiot...look at your own idiots.'

Ah now...are we gonna get into a swap on things promised to the electorate? :):)

You said SF had enough 'idiots' of their own and didn't need to be looking at other parties idiots. I assumed that because Cullinane was looking at Leo that you were telling him to 'not be looking at that idiot...look at your own idiots.'

I said SF were able to make complete idiots of themselves, you may need to re read.

No need to swap anything, if another party did something stupid, doesn't make SF wanting to spend Apple's money any less clueless.

I said SF were able to make complete idiots of themselves, you may need to re read.

No need to swap anything, if another party did something stupid, doesn't make SF wanting to spend Apple's money any less clueless.

I'll comment on the Apple case when it is over.

I dare say though a SF government wouldn't be in cahoots with a corporation challenging an EU ruling.

I'll comment on the Apple case when it is over.

I dare say though a SF government wouldn't be in cahoots with a corporation challenging an EU ruling.

It's as good as over. Pearse trying to save his blushes saying it's only half time IMO- exposed yet again.

I think many would be disappointed if a SF government would not challenge a flawed EU ruling.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Anything thats not a hobnnail boot with bailer twine laces is a Fashion Shoe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Anything thats not a hobnnail boot with bailer twine laces is a Fashion Shoe

A bit of a hobnail boot alright, the baler twine has been loosened.
    About time someone took these pee's on.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-apologises-as-member-resigns-over-social-media-abuse-1.4326902?mode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

jm08 wrote: »
    Using Thomas Patrick on Grafton Street is a questionable venue for a photoshoot. You won't get a pair of shoes for under €150 there (and thats probably in a sale)! Surely to god there must be a shoe shop in Castleknock/Blanchards town where you could get a decent pair of shoes for under €100 :)

What's wrong with spending €150 on a good pair of shoes? I would have thought that's the minimum you'd want to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    What's wrong with spending €150 on a good pair of shoes? I would have thought that's the minimum you'd want to spend.

Yeah right:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Yeah right:)

Yeah, I'm right ðŸ˜

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement