Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

jh79 wrote: »
    A bit rich for a Shinner claiming someone lacks empathy to be fair.

Members of FG have done lots of bad things but none have ever murdered people or turned a blind eye to murder.

What?

FF and FG spent most of the last 100 yrs turning a blind eye to what was going on in NI when Irish people were getting beaten of the streets and shot. (call it killing or murder, whatever)

Still do unless there is political gain for them in something that has gone on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Niallof9

yeah sure they did. all those talks and diplomacy and Haughey's gun running are imagined. jesus is this the level we are dealing with? deal in ****ing realities man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

joeguevara wrote: »
    Shaws.

Are they still ‘almost nationwide’?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Are they still ‘almost nationwide’?

Love that phrase.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

What?

FF and FG spent most of the last 100 yrs turning a blind eye to what was going on in NI when Irish people were getting beaten of the streets and shot. (call it killing or murder, whatever)

Still do unless there is political gain for them in something that has gone on.

What should they have done, declared war on the UK?

Did SF members show empathy to the family of Robert McCartney?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Did Vardkar show sympathy to Ruth Morrissey's husband? No he had his spokes person refute the details of the widow's public statement on the day of her death.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

joeguevara wrote: »
    Is there really nothing better to discuss than a tweet about a pair of 'fashion shoes'. He tweeted it, regretted it and deleted it. Same as members of all parties have done. Anything I have missed?

Has any FG TD tweeted about another TD's fashion choice?
    The equivalence would be someone like Eoghan Murphy tweeting about some blouse MLMD wore or bought. Yet, this never happened, but sure.. 'everyone' does it ... right?

The usual SF excuse when they are caught with the fingers in the cookie jar?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭joeguevara

markodaly wrote: »
    The equivalence would be someone like Eoghan Murphy tweeting about some blouse MLMD wore or bought. Yet, this never happened, but sure.. 'everyone' does it ... right?

I meant regretting a tweet and deleting it. I have no love of sinn fein.

This is a ridiculous thing to discuss though. I think Cullinane is a liability though.

What image?

An image of a hard working politician taking time out of his busy schedule to promote and support local businesses. Neatly dressed. Shoes polished. Well groomed. A credit to his country.

Political parties can all be accused of failure to show empathy at times...every single one of them.
    Even individuals can too...YES even Gurry and Mary Lou.

the point being made here is that Leo is a serial 'dis player' of these traits, and the evidence is there across a wide range of levels and over a wide range of issues.

• Advertisement

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Why? If he can afford a good pair of shoes from an expensive shop, why shouldn't he buy them? Should people only support shops that sell cheap stuff like Pennys?

Ah, but then the same people here calling Leo a psychopath for buying a pair of shoes would then turn it around and the debate would be...

"WHY IS LEO SUPPORTING SWEAT-SHOPS IN ASIA! RABBLE RABBLE!!!!"

The obsession and voyeurism with Leo by the SF crowd is bordering on vindictive, strange and very very weird. It's just not a good look guys, history will look back at these threads in years to come and will see how time will judge you then, with the nasty comments, the unconscious homophobia and the outright banal stupid statement about him.

The guys likes to dress nice and look nice, like many a gay man I know, that is who he is, yet for that 'fatal' character flaw, he is a psychopath.... Emm OK!!

OK, I could say a bit of it has to do with homophobia, but then again it kinda really does. We saw the mask slip when Paddy Holohan made his homophobic and xenophobic remarks, remarks defended to the hilt by the same half dozen SF supporting amigos that seem to post on every thread to do with Leo or FG.

"Leo is cold and heartless for buying a pair of shoes" says one
    "The comments by Paddy Holohan were not homophobic or xenophobic," says the same one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

smurgen wrote: »
    Did Vardkar show sympathy to Ruth Morrissey's husband? No he had his spokes person refute the details of the widow's public statement on the day of her death.

https://twitter.com/PhelanVicky/status/1286648467956224001?s=19

Big difference between that and murders carried out by members of SF and the IRA.

The lack of self awareness about your own party in that post is scary.

https://www.thejournal.ie/michelle-mulherin-fine-gael-td-dail-dress-code-mick-wallace-luke-ming-flanagan-richard-boyd-barrett-488486-Jun2012/

piplip87 wrote: »
    http://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2020/08/11/news/arlene-foster-and-michelle-o-neill-respect-hong-kong-national-security-laws-2031376/?param=ds441rif44T

I wonder what the aul shinner playbook will say about this.... Although not surprising as they sided with the Chinese on saying the election in Venezuela was free and fair.....

Classic! Match made in heaven there. Arline and Michelle, two blundering idiots, out of their depth.

081901161-46854155-3c81-47ea-9812-5a67aefde303.jpg

As if she knows what to say or do in an event.
    SF... standing up for the little guy.. since never.

SF store has an 80 euro silver easter lily and an awful print of some Lynch fella for 115 euro!

Do they still sell those god awful IRA t-shirts?

Have a look at their online store and the cheap tacky $hite they sell, plastering their heroes names on.

Or for €25 you can get an 'Irish revolution' apron.

Apron__28770.1540923794.png?c=2

You know what just occurred to me, SF guys are the same people who love that monarchy merchandise they sell over in the UK. You know the stuff, with the Queens face plastered over a plate or a spoon or a teaset or something.

I always said, the UKIP/BNP crowd are the same as the SF crowd we have here.
    Ignorant, jingoistic, xenophobic and tacky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Field east

Niallof9 wrote: »
    Yep cause thats what he was doing there, he was off shopping rather than acting in his role as Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment.

ffs i'm so sick and tired of this ****e at this stage.

and yeah Francie John Brady was going on about it as well. Kittie Holland and on and on.

Its populist bull****.

I imagine the shop was chosen due to its central location and the government have a pr and taoiseachs/tainaste department who run it. People seriously think Leo is the one who is the man who directs all this stuff?

people haven't got a clue how government and these things are done.

i will agree there is an argument they should be a little smarter about it. and i'm sure somebody would mention going to a cheaper shop but you can be gauranteed the same ****e would be spun. but calling him out for anything is absolute bull****. who said he even bought any ****ing shoes?

Proof of Leo's lack of empathy. Yeah right. For all we know he could be an autistic, awkward, anti social person. I'm no real fan of his but the criticism he gets is stupid just as it was with Enda, who was universally respected and liked in Europe.
    I Am middle of the road Irishman - re income, types of positions held and I get my shoes at Fitzpatrick’s , grafton street, Dublin . Why ? Because very few shops sell shoes that are for wide- not long- feet. And the quality is very good. I find the shoes value for money. I still wear the last two pairs bought there - one is 8 years old and the other is 11 yrs old.
    One needs to find out why somebody is doing/buying/attending something or not doing/buying /attending something before making statements such as Cullinans re Leo v shoe buying venture.
    Certain individuals / organizations make these statements to ridicule someone and in the hope that the media will pick the. Up and thereby get some traction/ publicity and that little bit more opposition/ ‘dicgust’’ of the targeted individual

As they say ‘ I know that it is not true but ask the question anyway and watch him denying it.

Is Cullinane /SF adapting a bit of the Trump strategy. Ie Put a load of statements out there , see what gets traction/ takes off in all directions, what exercises the media/ public etc ,etc and KEEP IT GOING until it has done as much damage as is possible/ until the media move onto something else

Loads of people commented on the PR stunt yesterday on Twitter...not just Cullinane.

Nice spinning there Seamus.

Did they all delete their tweet as well? :pac::pac:

Did they all delete their tweet as well? :pac::pac:

No...because the huffy mob was only interested in the fact that a 'shinner' said it.

You know those who huff about stuff the dastardly Shinners do and don't realise their own party members have done the exact same thing, not just on Twitter, but in the Dáil itself.

You just did it, not realising that Michelle Mulherin and Alan Shatter drew attention to the 'fashion choices' of others.
    Leo had the same lack of self awareness when he ranted about Shinners posing for food parcel photo ops and got ridiculed when people posted photo's of Eoghan Murphy doing exactly that in a staged photo op.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

An image of a hard working politician taking time out of his busy schedule to promote and support local businesses. Neatly dressed. Shoes polished. Well groomed. A credit to his country.

It was part of his busy schedule. It was a photo op to launch the Restart Grant Plus Scheme, so as Government Minister, one would expect him to turn up appropriately dressed for the occasion.

No...because the huffy mob was only interested in the fact that a 'shinner' said it.

Oh no, NOT the HUFFY MOB!! Poor David, will he ever recover!

You just did it, not realising that Michelle Mulherin and Alan Shatter drew attention to the 'fashion choices' of others.

Drawing attention to the Dail dress code is a universe away for calling Leo a physopath for buying a pair of shoes. I would not be surprised if David himself thinks like Paddy Holohan in regards Leo.

But to you Francie, everything is an apple isn't. Buying a pair of shoes is an apple just like ordering the murder of a woman is also an apple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

jm08 wrote: »
    Actually, I think it was just a stupid idea in the first place to have Leo buying shoes anywhere. Leo is meant to be government minister for the whole country and he shouldn't be doing stupid photoshoots like this that are divisive.

Divisive for mental cases??:pac: FFS this a non story and Cullinane is a petty whinger.

Oh no, NOT the HUFFY MOB!! Poor David, will he ever recover!

Drawing attention to the Dail dress code is a universe away for calling Leo a physopath for buying a pair of shoes. I would not be surprised if David himself thinks like Paddy Holohan in regards Leo.

But to you Francie, everything is an apple isn't. Buying a pair of shoes is an apple just like ordering the murder of a woman is also an apple.

Dear lord...caught out and you sink to this invented nonsense:

'physopath for buying a pair of shoes.'

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

You're right about their newfound fleeting voter base voting for protest.
    However, were a GE to be called these days, it would be jobs and the economy that those voters will be primarily concerned about. No use complaining about a housing shortage if you have no job to pay for a mortgage.

Depends which voters you’re talking about. Young people are probably over represented in the service economy which has largely not shut down during COVID, and those same young people are so many orders of magnitude removes from even being able to qualify for a mortgage that it’s still rent control and social housing investment which is the defining issue for them. That’s certainly the case for many, many young people I know.

Field east wrote: »

Is Cullinane /SF adapting a bit of the Trump strategy. Ie Put a load of statements out there , see what gets traction/ takes off in all directions, what exercises the media/ public etc ,etc and KEEP IT GOING until it has done as much damage as is possible/ until the media move onto something else

I think it's just another bit of Outrage culture seeping into Ireland. Leo gets up in the morning... OUTRAGE!! Leo gets dressed... OUTRAGE!! Leo has breakfast... OUTRAGE...

We are importing some of the worst influences of American and British politics into Ireland and who would you know is behind most of it.... Irish Republicans under the cloak of SF.

Irony explosion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Field east wrote: »
    I Am middle of the road Irishman - re income, types of positions held and I get my shoes at Fitzpatrick’s , grafton street, Dublin . Why ? Because very few shops sell shoes that are for wide- not long- feet. And the quality is very good. I find the shoes value for money. I still wear the last two pairs bought there - one is 8 years old and the other is 11 yrs old.
    One needs to find out why somebody is doing/buying/attending something or not doing/buying /attending something before making statements such as Cullinans re Leo v shoe buying venture.
    Certain individuals / organizations make these statements to ridicule someone and in the hope that the media will pick the. Up and thereby get some traction/ publicity and that little bit more opposition/ ‘dicgust’’ of the targeted individual

As they say ‘ I know that it is not true but ask the question anyway and watch him denying it.

Fitzpatricks (which was next door to Thomas Patrick) has closed down, but their shoes are still available in Arnotts. Just so you know, Italian shoes tend to be narrow fitting, so if you have broad feet you are better off sticking with the Germany/English brands.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/who-will-step-into-fitzpatricks-shoes-on-grafton-street-1.3800766

Do we actually know if he bought any at the end?

€150 for a good pair of shoes is nothing, considering a good pair will last you a decade, if not more.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I love how you guys try to constantly push the ‘lack of empathy’ line- it’s so coordinated you’d almost think it was a party policy.

“Boutique Hotels”. “People who get up early in the morning”. The lack of empathy argument didn’t come out of thin air, FG seem to have a complete and total indifference to young people and how their quality of life has been totally decimated by a “recovery” which has seen their bills soar without a comparative increase in income. And the answer to that is to tell people “soon you’re going to be living in a shoebox without it’s own kitchen once the rent on your current flat increases once too often and you’re forced to move - and you’ll learn to love it because we’ll tell you to”.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I think Cullinane is making very valid points about the new lockdown and meat plants in his role as opposition spokesman.
    Which is maybe why he deleted this tweet...because the huffy indignant..'don't dare criticise Leo' brigade were in full flow and distracting from the more important issues. Maybe that is why they are out in force today...what do you think?

He deleted his tweet because others are distracting from important issues? Where as him giving out about shoe buying...

I think it's just another bit of Outrage culture seeping into Ireland. Leo gets up in the morning... OUTRAGE!! Leo gets dressed... OUTRAGE!! Leo has breakfast... OUTRAGE...

We are importing some of the worst influences of American and British politics into Ireland and who would you know is behind most of it.... Irish Republicans under the cloak of SF.

Irony explosion.

Ha ha ha...did you read the outrage attached to Cullinane's tweets...you'd almost think he had accused Leo of being a 'physopath for buying a pair of shoes.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

smurgen wrote: »
    Online all the time? You're up posting at 4 am lol.

I've several FaceBook friends who constantly post pro-SF shares. But when do you ever see anyone post pro-FF / FG / Labour etc apart from party hacks.

By coincidence most of them are pissed off at not getting free houses. One is a die-hard republican so he's the real deal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement