Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    At that point you lost me and I stopped reading.
    :D

Fair enough, but I guarantee you I wasn’t the only one. And refusing to acknowledge how young Irish voters have been driven to the far left by a decade of stagflation which has left so many utterly despair of the backwards steps they’re being forced to take in their adult lives is exactly why the neoliberals have declined in successive elections this decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Ha ha ha...did you read the outrage attached to Cullinane's tweets...you'd almost think he had accused Leo of being a 'physopath for buying a pair of shoes.'

Didn't you say something about it showing he lacked empathy or some such amateur psycho-analysis?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

jm08 wrote: »
    The timing was poor from the point of view of the lockdown in the country (Kildare, Laois and Offaly), while city slicker Government Minister goes shopping on one of Ireland most expensive streets in the capital to buy a pair of shoes.

A touch of the Marie Antoinette's about it.

So 3 counties go into lockdown and Leo, who lives in a different county, shouldn't go out to buy a pair of shoes?!? WTF!!

Grafton St is only one of the most expensive in Ireland if you are talking about rent. The cost of goods being sold there isn't expensive apart from 3 or 4 shops. As for your comment about it showing Leo to be out of touch with "the man in the street", have you ever been to Grafton St? Pre-pandemic it was always packed. It felt like half of Ireland was walking down it every day. I hated shopping there.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Ush1 wrote: »
    Didn't you say something about it showing he lacked empathy or some such amateur psycho-analysis?

Erm...there is a difference between 'physco-analysis and calling someone a 'physcopath'

Jaysus...am I really having to explain this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Francie should get a job with the Behavioural Analysis Unit attached to the FBI, he has done a great job in characterising Leo with him just going out and buying a pair of shoes.

Maybe he can do one on Gerry and find out where all the bodies are buried?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Niallof9

markodaly wrote: »
    I think it's just another bit of Outrage culture seeping into Ireland. Leo gets up in the morning... OUTRAGE!! Leo gets dressed... OUTRAGE!! Leo has breakfast... OUTRAGE...

We are importing some of the worst influences of American and British politics into Ireland and who would you know is behind most of it.... Irish Republicans under the cloak of SF.

Irony explosion.

brilliantly put markodaly

In any other country a SF party with their structure and ideals and blood on their hands would be probably a right wing party. i mean a real left wing party would admit to all the structures etc. Cloak and daggers is normally the rights way. You can't be outraged when you are making the hard decisions.

I think for all our sanity we need SF to get into government. And then wait for the egg. It will be beautiful to see them ripped asunder as they can't deliver on anything. its the only way to get rid of the outrage mob.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Niallof9

Francie should get a job with the Behavioural Analysis Unit attached to the FBI, he has done a great job in characterising Leo with him just going out and buying a pair of shoes.

:D:D:D

ha beautiful, you are killing him. make it stop

Erm...there is a difference between 'physco-analysis and calling someone a 'physcopath'

Jaysus...am I really having to explain this?

"physcos"(sic) distinctly lack empathy, so the only one accusing Leo of being anything like a "physcopath"(sic) is your good self.

Again the Huff and the complete lack of awareness that it isn't just me who has observed this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Leo+Varadkar%27s+lack+of+empathy&oq=Leo+Varadkar%27s+lack+of+empathy&aqs=chrome..69i57.179330j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I don't think the tweet was about money, it was about Leo's coldness, lack of empathy and insensitivity, on the morning 3 counties were beginning a renewed lockdown. It's not the first time he has been called out for this you will all agree.

And I think a few posters need to research how many parties have had to deal with members who have misbehaved on twitter and while doing that research how many people have deleted tweets on 'further reflection' or because of the huffy palaver they cause.

I could probably accept criticism of a politician for lack of empathy and insensitivity but not from someone who defended Barry Mc Elduff during the Kingsmill bread gate debacle. If you consider buying shoes insensitive that’s fine but apply the same standards to those in Sinn Fein also.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Do we actually know if he bought any at the end?

€150 for a good pair of shoes is nothing, considering a good pair will last you a decade, if not more.

A poorly made pair of Nike trainers costs €170. Plenty of ordinary punters wearing them.

"physcos"(sic) distinctly lack empathy, so the only one accusing Leo of being anything like a "physcopath"(sic) is your good self.

The only person who called him a 'Physcopath' is markodaly in his little bit of imagined huffery.

NOBODY else did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

How in the name of Jesus was Louise O’Reilly demoted from the health portfolio in favour of Free State Bastards Cullinane?

The guy is a gombeen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

Any articles linking the shoes and dinner photo to this lack of empathy?

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    I could probably accept criticism of a politician for lack of empathy and insensitivity but not from someone who defended Barry Mc Elduff during the Kingsmill bread gate debacle. If you consider buying shoe insensitive that’s fine but apply the same standards to those in Sinn Fein also.

Go back and find the post were I said...'If McElduff was explicitly targetting the Kingsmill victims' then he needed to go and he and SF needed to apologise. I even said a person doing something like that deliberately should face a prison sentence'.

How in the name of Jesus was Louise O’Reilly demoted from the health portfolio in favour of Free State Bastards Cullinane?

The guy is a gombeen.

Must have got the nod from the boys in Belfast.

Go back and find the post were I said...'If McElduff was explicitly targetting the Kingsmill victims' then he needed to go and he and SF needed to apologise. I even said a person doing something like that deliberately should face a prison sentence'.

I said you defended him. You defended him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It's typical SF bluster. Apparently saying this is a lack of empathy:

“He is known to homeless services and has been offered emergency accommodation in the past and will be offered it again in the future.

But obviously our thoughts are with him and we hope he makes a speedy recovery.

My understanding is the city council and Waterways Ireland did check the tents before moving them but obviously something went wrong here."

But keep up the whataboutery and deflection effort anyway - it's amusing.

jh79 wrote: »
    Any articles linking the shoes and dinner photo to this lack of empathy?

Oh my...what a novel way to ignore the long list of people observing what we are talking about here. Well done JH. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

The guy is a gombeen.

Are the 20,569 people who gave Cullinane their first preference vote in the last general election also gombeens?

Just for the record, Mary Butler (FF) got 6,644 first preference votes was the closest to him and John Cummins of Fine Gael got 4,592 first preferences.

• Advertisement

There's a grand irony about ne'er do wells saying Varadkar lacks empathy when he is a doctor.

Oh my...what a novel way to ignore the long list of people observing what we are talking about here. Well done JH. Well done.

As i said earlier linking these specific photos to his perceived lack of empathy was just ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Superfoods

It seems you are arguing against everyone else. Would that alone not suggest to you that you are in the wrong?

Brid Smith of the PBP made a similar mistake before and posted about Leo jacket. Then got hammered on for days. She has left it up and it can be found. So the stupidity of someone to actually repeat the error it is astonishing.

Why exactly are you defending them? are you a member of Sinn Fein?

I said you defended him. You defended him.

Yes...but not in the knowledge that he had knowingly engaged in victim abuse.

Funny you should mention that case...I made my decision on it by looking at the track record to see if he had a pattern of victim abuse and he didn't. So I questioned why he would suddenly decide to do what he did if it was deliberate.

Same with Leo. There is a definite pattern of behaviour that has been called out by many many more people than me, as I linked to and backed up.

Funny when people challenge me they never point out when I criticise SF...I was one of the first to do it (criticise them) with regard to their insensitivity and mishandling at the funeral.

jh79 wrote: »
    As i said earlier linking these specific photos to his perceived lack of empathy was just ridiculous.

Not if you believe it isn't a perception, it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

There's a grand irony about ne'er do wells saying Varadkar lacks empathy when he is a doctor.

A non-practising doctor. Who says doctors automatically have empathy anyway. When you look at the way some of the women in the cervical smear scandal were treated by their doctors you would certainly question their ability to empathise with them.

Yes...but not in the knowledge that he had knowingly engaged in victim abuse.

Funny you should mention that case...I made my decision on it by looking at the track record to see if he had a pattern of victim abuse and he didn't. So I questioned why he would suddenly decide to do what he did if it was deliberate.

Same with Leo. There is a definite pattern of behaviour that has been called out by many many more people than me, as I linked to and backed up.

Funny when people challenge me they never point out when I criticise SF...I was one of the first to do it (criticise them) with regard to their insensitivity and mishandling at the funeral.

Oh really? I assumed it was just your usual slavish defence of all things Sinn Fein.

jm08 wrote: »
    A non-practising doctor. Who says doctors automatically have empathy anyway. When you look at the way some of the women in the cervical smear scandal were treated by their doctors you would certainly question their ability to empathise with them.

Didn't Leo himself excuse his insensitivity by attributing it to him being a 'doctor'?

Not if you believe it isn't a perception, it isn't.

So why do you believe the photos of him having dinner and buying shoes contribute to pattern of lacking empathy?

• Advertisement

Oh really? I assumed it was just your usual slavish defence of all things Sinn Fein.

I think you missed something in that post. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement