Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

All we need now...is to.em prove he pulled the trigger?

I sense this lack of evidence is a concern for you....hence why yous want to shout down anyone pointing it out

Under Irish Law you don't have to have actually pulled the trigger to commit murder.

Here's an example.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/freddie-thompson-found-guilty-of-murder-of-david-douglas-1.3612610

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

jh79 wrote: »
    The article says the witness said he didn't know "where he stood" not that he was afraid. And who the hell is gonna try to intimidate a member of SF anyways !

Plenty of criminal activity around the borders or are you trying to claim now that Sinn Fein are behind the Kevin Lunney assault and intimidation*, or the cash machine smash and grab activity, or even the people smuggling that resulted in all those people being dieing in a truck in the UK?

*https://www.thejournal.ie/kevin-lunney-attack-accused-seeks-to-dismiss-charges-5142636-Jul2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

All we need now...is to.em prove he pulled the trigger?

I sense this lack of evidence is a concern for you....hence why yous want to shout down anyone pointing it out

They have proved to a jury beyond a reasonable doubt that Brady murdered the Garda.

More waffle about me being concerned. Pointing out facts that evidence was sufficient for a jury is not shouting down. The highly paid barristers had enough time since January to highlight the lack of evidence if true, but again, the jury disagreed.

jm08 wrote: »
    Plenty of criminal activity around the borders or are you trying to claim now that Sinn Fein are behind the Kevin Lunney assault and intimidation*, or the cash machine smash and grab activity, or even the people smuggling that resulted in all those people being dieing in a truck in the UK?

*https://www.thejournal.ie/kevin-lunney-attack-accused-seeks-to-dismiss-charges-5142636-Jul2020/

And some will naturally have connections to SF such as Jock Davison , that "one shot " McCabe guy (Paul Murphy's mate) and Slab.

Would be hard for an ordinary member of SF to remember all the "Good Republicans" that need a favour.

Except they didnt,provide evidence he pulled the trigger?

There is literally zero evidence he pulled the trigger however

Seems to me,he is taking rap for something,he hasnt done....i personally would be wary of having anything to do with gaurds after this shambles....

You are only responsible for your own actions,and to my eyes,he isnt triggerman

They have proved to a jury that he murdered the Garda, the fact that it is not sufficient for a random person on the internet has no bearing thankfully and is of no concern to me.

I think it was a great job by the guards, scum like Brady should be nowhere near civilised society.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

blackwhite wrote: »
    And from the evidence presented to court

Really speaks to the culture within the party - membership unsure if they are allowed make statements to Gardaí or not. Elected representatives stating that it's a matter for the party's head office to decide on whether a member can talk to the Gardaí or not. Imagine the outrage from the usual mob on here if any other party had a Councillor behaving like that.

Wonder whether they get permission or not depends on whether the alleged perpetrator is a "good republican."

Expect no direct response to this- just whataboutery

Except they didnt prove he waa triggerman....either you belive in personal responsibilty or you dont

These being gaurds,who have had countless inquiries and tribunals over last 10 years,to prove they are liers....how many ministers of justice last 10 years have resigned by adopting your position of blind faith in the gaurds...your arguement is on fundamentally shaky foundations

I think the guards did a great job getting this scumbag to trial, I do not have blind faith in them as you seem to mistakenly believe.

The courts and ultimately the jury decided on his guilt. Not any of the guards or ministers for justice. Case closed thankfully.

Anyway this is distracting from SF being in the news yet again. Some people might want to discuss it, although personally I'm more turned off by their unbelievably stupid proposals such as pension age, tax, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Except i didnt??

Still no sign of any evidence,he pulled the trigger :)

After this carryon...why would anyone help the gaurds?

You obviously don't understand the law in relation to murder.

blackwhite wrote: »
    And from the evidence presented to court

Really speaks to the culture within the party - membership unsure if they are allowed make statements to Gardaí or not. Elected representatives stating that it's a matter for the party's head office to decide on whether a member can talk to the Gardaí or not. Imagine the outrage from the usual mob on here if any other party had a Councillor behaving like that.

Wonder whether they get permission or not depends on whether the alleged perpetrator is a "good republican."

The nail has a sore head where you hit it.

A state within a state is how Sinn Fein view themselves, above the laws that apply to ordinary people, John Hume didn't need a show sham funeral, but the Storey thug got one in spades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

The lack of evidence he actually pulled the trigger being the elephant in the room,you are unable to explain?

The only reason this is in the news,is to distract from.the balls ffg have made of opening up the country and we are headed backwards and towards another lockdown

The thick cúnt went around bragging about killing a guard. You don't need to pull the trigger to be a murderer, read up on your law lad.

• Advertisement

I do....but i also understand the difference between murder and capital murder

This is also wrong....everyone is equal in a republic....except when they get murdered....to my eyes this is wrong.....either bring in 40 years for all murders,or for none

No, you are wrong.

Part of the price for having an unarmed police force is that the decent ordinary people in the force like McCabe and Donohoe get killed by criminal thugs and criminal gangs like the IRA from time to time. The only protection is more serious penalties for such lowlifes.

The lack of evidence he actually pulled the trigger being the elephant in the room,you are unable to explain?

The only reason this is in the news,is to distract from.the balls ffg have made of opening up the country and we are headed backwards and towards another lockdown

There was no lack of evidence, the jury decided there was enough.

The only reason this is in the news..... poor SF.

The reason this is in the news is because a political party that breeds a culture whereby it’s members are afraid to report a murder without the thumbs up of the party hierarchy- will always be big news.

There’s an even greater level of need to report this considering it was a member of the national policing force & the fact that SF has a fairly chequered history with regard to their interactions with such

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

You do in my eyes....he isnt a murderer

Kinda a tacit admission there of what i said all along,there is no evidence he pulled the trigger

Your eyes isn’t the law, dude.

Thanks be to jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Except im.not wrong.....if everyone supposedly equal....why deos punishment for murdering 1 person be more severe than murdering another

All the rants isnt going to change this fact.....ypu either believe in equality,or not imo

To follow your logic why are “hate crimes” legislated for, based on race, sexuality, religion etc?
    Surely everyone is equal before the law?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Ya...imagine thinking you needed evidence someome done it,before convicting em of murder

Jaysus :rolleyes:

Eh he was found guilty by a jury of Irish citizens. Are you suggesting he was framed or something, or that the jury was interfered with to find him guilty?

It’s a bit difficult to understand what you are trying to say, dude.

Hard to blame someone for having chequered history with em....they can get yous put away for something you not done

Your boys didnt shoot Gerry McCabe & then get Reichmarschall Ferris to collect the convicted murders from jail?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,883 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Your boys didnt shoot Gerry McCabe & then get Reichmarschall Ferris to collect the convicted murders from jail?

The hill on which the latest 'outrage' will die.
    The break in the case came in February 2017 when the witness contacted Louth Sinn Féin Cllr Antóin Watters through Facebook and told him he had information. Mr Watters put him in touch with Mr Marry.

The hill on which the latest 'outrage' will die.

You are not getting this - the issue is not that SF provided some evidence on the case, the issue is that, due to fear, the evidence had to go through them.

I know you get this but will keep on shouting some nonsense to try deflect but, direct question, surely you agree that it is odd that the witness felt that they had to get approval from SF to bring the evidence forward?

A simple yes or no will suffice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Hard to blame someone for having chequered history with em....they can get yous put away for something you not done

Again, why oh why are the Sinn Fein IRA supporters pushing this ridiculous story that poor little Aaron is not guilty. Even more baffling when we learn today that Slab and the boys gave "permission" for one of their members to give evidence. WTF is going on???

• Advertisement

jh79 wrote: »
    The article says the witness said he didn't know "where he stood" not that he was afraid. And who the hell is gonna try to intimidate a member of SF anyways !

And what does ''where he stood'' mean. As to your 2nd point. I believe both Michelle O'Neill and Gerry Kelly have received death threats from dissident republicans fairly recently.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/sinn-f%C3%A9in-vice-president-michelle-o-neill-targeted-by-dissident-plot-1.4170433?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fnews%2Fcrime-and-law%2Fsinn-f%25C3%25A9in-vice-president-michelle-o-neill-targeted-by-dissident-plot-1.4170433

My boys?? Piss poor attempt at an ad homeinem attack....if you cant discuss without getting personal,perhaps its time to bow out??

That was murder though imo....also taught ffg were a joke not releasing them under the gfa,and it basically said to families of ruc men killed,a gaurd life is worth more than yours.

Theres no need for me to 'bow out' - you are being called out for defending a convicted murder & now you are asking people to leave the thread? Cop on to yourself

You are not getting this - the issue is not that SF provided some evidence on the case, the issue is that, due to fear, the evidence had to go through them.

I know you get this but will keep on shouting some nonsense to try deflect but, direct question, surely you agree that it is odd that the witness felt that they had to get approval from SF to bring the evidence forward?

A simple yes or no will suffice

It isn't in the slightest bit odd. Some of the membership of SF are not 'normal' in the sense that they have come through a conflict/war that put them in a place were they didn't trust the security forces on both sides. That will take maybe a generation to disappear.
    I raised this on the Aaron Brady thread but it was decided it was off topic.

I find nothing odd that somebody outside the country would do something like this. The councillor handled it as he should though.

christy c wrote: »
    Anyway this is distracting from SF being in the news yet again. Some people might want to discuss it, although personally I'm more turned off by their unbelievably stupid proposals such as pension age, tax, etc.

So you must also be turned off by Labour and Fianna Fail (most parties except Fine Gael) who supported a retirement age of 66.

It isn't in the slightest bit odd. Some of the membership of SF are not 'normal' in the sense that they have come through a conflict/war that put them in a place were they didn't trust the security forces on both sides. That will take maybe a generation to disappear.

I find nothing odd that somebody outside the country would do something like this. The councillor handled it as he should though.

Well, I wholeheartedly disagree with you.

I find the fact that such a culture exists within a political party to be extremely worrying

Well, I wholeheartedly disagree with you.

I find the fact that such a culture exists within a political party to be extremely worrying

Not my problem if you wish to deny realities.

The post conflict/war reality is that many many people do not trust the security force north and south.

The witness might not of wanted to be seen as a "tout". Remember when McCartney was murdered? A bus load of SF members where in the pub that night and saw nothing because Jock was a "Good Republican".

So you must also be turned off by Labour and Fianna Fail (most parties except Fine Gael) who supported a retirement age of 66.

Yes, incredibly stupid without any hint of an alternative.

Thanks for that. At long last, an admission that Sinn Fein members are not normal and that they don't trust the security forces in this State.

Barry Cowen was unfit to be a member of government because he wouldn't accept the word of the security forces. Because of the predilections of Sinn Fein members, as pointed out by you, the only logical conclusion is that Sinn Fein, as a party is unfit for government for maybe a generation.

• Advertisement

Is this the Fianna Fail thread?

Look, there is hardly a single sensible policy in Sinn Fein's manifesto.

Even if someone could manage to live with the stink of being associated with Sinn Fein and vote for them as persons (which I could never do), most of their policies are absurd and their tax policies are delirious.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement