Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,880 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The SF leader has asked the Taoiseach to recall the Dáil, he has refused apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

The SF leader has asked the Taoiseach to recall the Dáil, he has refused apparently.

I'm i agreement that the Dail should be recalled.
    MM is making a mess of everything. Need Leo back in charge.
    I'd even take Gerry as boss now..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

Pkiernan wrote: »

I agree with the sentiment, but things are only going to get harder from now on (COVID related). The next Taoiseach will possibly have the most difficult time of it in recent decades.

A big help would be to stop shooting themselves in the foot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

I thought she'd stay quiet given the Storey mock funeral debacle.

Right thing to do even if the wrong person is calling for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

maccored wrote: »
    theres no similarities at all between people attending a funeral in the north (which is a different country according to many of you) and government officials flouting their own guidelines.

Apart from the fact MoN and all the northern NI SF crew did in fact flout their own guidelines? SF are in government in the North, are they not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

maccored wrote: »
    theres no similarities at all between people attending a funeral in the north (which is a different country according to many of you) and government officials flouting their own guidelines.

Are you trying to say that Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland are one and the same country?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭BQQ

Pkiernan wrote: »

Last I checked Leo was the deputy leader of the current government
    He is in charge!

BQQ wrote: »
    Last I checked Leo was the deputy leader of the current government
    He is in charge!

We don't have two Taoiseach.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

jh79 wrote: »
    I thought she'd stay quiet given the Storey mock funeral debacle.

Right thing to do even if the wrong person is calling for it.

She is handing Leo the opportunity to stand up in the Dail and praise Dara Calleary for doing the right thing by resigning but pointing out the hypocrisy of Mary-Lou defending Conor Murphy and Michelle O'Neill.

Leo took immediate action against his three Senators, no messing, he will come out of this looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭BQQ

markodaly wrote: »
    We don't have two Taoiseach.

*Taoisigh

We do have a Tánaiste though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

blanch152 wrote: »
    You could call it the Friends of Gerry Adams category too if you want.

What do you mean by that? Who/What is a ''Freinds of Gerry Adams'' category?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

jm08 wrote: »
    What do you mean by that? Who/What is a ''Freinds of Gerry Adams'' category?

Where people like Liam Adams, Tom McFeely and Slab Murphy fit in, thought that was obvious.

BQQ wrote: »
    *Taoisigh

We do have a Tánaiste though

Yes, one of each.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

People should acknowledge that SF are doing the right thing by not seeking a Dail return to put forward a vote of no confidence In a government that has been working very hard to erode the last slim shred of confidence the people have in it.

The possibility of another election and weeks of cattle trading to form the next government are not what we need now.

Let’s just remember the next time the ballot boxes are put in front of us that FF need to be consigned to the trash bin for once and for all. Their inability to reinvent themselves from their last stint in power is clear for all to see, they are just simply not for changing.

Seen Mary Lou on the news. So in her amoral world it's wrong for td's to play golf with judges and lobbyist put xmas parties with criminals and murderers is fine.

And of course the virus can tell the difference between a party and a mock funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Seen Mary Lou on the news. So in her amoral world it's wrong for td's to play golf with judges and lobbyist put xmas parties with criminals and murderers is fine.

And of course the virus can tell the difference between a party and a mock funeral.

That must of sounded so smart in your own head before you typed it, and even smarter then when you heard the echo.

Well done.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

That must of sounded so smart in your own head before you typed it, and even smarter then when you heard the echo.

Well done.

You're more than welcome to explain to me how it is more acceptable for "one shot" McCabe to attend SF functions than bankers playing golf with tds.

You're more than welcome to explain to me how it is more acceptable for "one shot" McCabe to attend SF functions than bankers playing golf with tds.

Sorry, but I don't have the time, the inclination or the crayons.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Sorry, but I don't have the time, the inclination or the crayons.

Any chance you stuck them up your nose ?

Any chance you stuck them up your nose ?

The voice of experience.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    Where people like Liam Adams, Tom McFeely and Slab Murphy fit in, thought that was obvious.

You really are throwing the kitchen sink at smart alec comments. Getting tutorials from Leo are you?

The voice of experience.

To be fair you walked right into that one.

You really are throwing the kitchen sink at smart alec comments. Getting tutorials from Leo are you?

Any chance as a SF voter you could explain Mary Lou's logic that it is unacceptable for td's to play golf with lobbyists and bankers but acceptable for active members of criminal gangs to attend SF functions?

Any chance as a SF voter you could explain Mary Lou's logic that it is unacceptable for td's to play golf with lobbyists and bankers but acceptable for active members of criminal gangs to attend SF functions?

You'd have to tell me who and which function this active member of a criminal gang was at.

You'd have to tell me who and which function this active member of a criminal gang was at.

Was posted earlier in one of the SF threads you and I post on. Some Sunday paper from NI. Conor Murphy and "One Shot" McCabe. The pictures were taken after the murder of Paul Quinn too.

Francie thought it was enough evidence for Murphy to resign.

Was posted earlier in one of the SF threads you and I post on. Some Sunday paper from NI. Conor Murphy and "One Shot" McCabe. The pictures were taken after the murder of Paul Quinn too.

Francie thought it was enough evidence for Murphy to resign.

Where are you getting the 'invited' bit? It was a Christmas party in a pub from what I know.
    You gilding the lily?

p.s. That wasn't why I thought Murphy should resign, I thought that because he got involved in the case when he shouldn't have.

Where are you getting the 'invited' bit? It was a Christmas party in a pub from what I know.
    You gilding the lily?

p.s. That wasn't why I thought Murphy should resign, I thought that because he got involved in the case when he shouldn't have.

Fair enough. An assumption on my part.

In your opinion is it worse for an elected politician to associate with the likes of "one shot" or bank managers?

Fair enough. An assumption on my part.

In your opinion is it worse for an elected politician to associate with the likes of "one shot" or bank managers?

That question I answered on the other thread.

That question I answered on the other thread.

I thought that was why you said Murphy should resign.

If the answer was because of the "conflict" it's normal that some dodgy characters would still be involved? Surely that doesn't apply if they are still active after the GFA.

McCabes 's gang have been named as those involved. His gang is what people are referring to as those operating in the area but without the blessing of Gerry or the late B Storey?

• Advertisement

I thought that was why you said Murphy should resign.

If the answer was because of the "conflict" it's normal that some dodgy characters would still be involved? Surely that doesn't apply if they are still active after the GFA.

McCabes 's gang have been named as those involved. His gang is what people are referring to as those operating in the area but without the blessing of Gerry or the late B Storey?

I explained this before in fairness jh79

The IRA whom I never supported (but as republican understood why they did what they did) had to convince me. As had SF that they were applying their commitments to the GFA.
    I think what Adams and McGuinness did was outstanding in bringing them (IRA) into democratic politics.
    I understood a number of things...rather than sensationally go on about white bearded old men in the whins pulling nefarious strings I understood not all of them would get or take up elected office and that there was a possibility some people who did awful things would be in the background. That is a post conflict/war society.

I also understand what the IMC referred to when they talked about 'difficulties in South Armagh' for the IRA and control. That too was always going to happen and I think Murphy apologising has brought him at least to heel. I think he should resign though.

I am convinced SF are fulfilling their commitments to the GFA...therefore can vote for them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement