Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,962 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I doubt SF have much traction. The time of Covid is here.

What do they offer?

The scent of association with NI leaves me quite cold have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

There is something nefarious about the power swap parties, gene pool independent, the judiciary and journalists wining and dining without a care for anyone else and watched over by the Gardai jh79.

That is why the field is strewn with casualties today and may take down another few.

Surely though cronyism that involves criminality and murder is worse?

Paul Quinn, that Rafferty lad and McCarthey all victims of SF cronyism. See no evil hear no evil speak no evil.

You can't exclude people from society because they are successful . But you certainly exclude those that are criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,880 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

jh79 wrote: »
    Surely though cronyism that involves criminality and murder is worse?

Paul Quinn, that Rafferty lad and McCarthey all victims of SF cronyism. See no evil hear no evil speak no evil.

You can't exclude people from society because they are successful . But you certainly exclude those that are criminal.

Soon as you have evidence of criminal activity you get down to the barracks. This pathetic smokescreen is not going to work anymore. The Cliften 81 put the nail in that coffin.
    The 'Omerta' around this event almost paid off until two of our journalists (who had to cancel their weddings afaik) did what journalists should be doing

The Clifden crowd did not kill anyone.

But they were wrong totally.

NEXT for SF deflection!

Soon as you have evidence of criminal activity you get down to the barracks. This pathetic smokescreen is not going to work anymore. The Cliften 81 put the nail in that coffin.
    The 'Omerta' around this event almost paid off until two of our journalists (who had to cancel their weddings afaik) did what journalists should be doing

You said that everybody knows who killed Paul Quinn. Were the papers wrong when they named "One Shot" as the leader of the gang?

• Advertisement

OH God, Francie just shut up right now you numtie with your SF stuff. Sick of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Nails in coffin ! The Provo scum would know all about that when they werent abusing kids in their 'safe' houses

You said that everybody knows who killed Paul Quinn. Were the papers wrong when they named "One Shot" as the leader of the gang?

Papers said 14 people in Derry were in the RA and deserved to be shot once as well jh79...be careful about the papers.

I suspect he did it, local knowledge said he did, but then local knowledge has things to say about Quinn too.

The Clifden crowd did not kill anyone.

But they were wrong totally.

NEXT for SF deflection!

The electorate is sick of this SE.

Deflecting from the issues of the day because you don't like the democratically elected opposition.
    FG in particular got their arses handed to them in one of their lowest votes ever because of this.

There are legacy issues, but nobody wants to deal with them including FG.

They are not an excuse for current behaviours of the government.

Papers said 14 people in Derry were in the RA and deserved to be shot once as well jh79...be careful about the papers.

I suspect he did it, local knowledge said he did, but then local knowledge has things to say about Quinn too.

What does it matter what local knowledge says about Quinn?. Are you suggesting that SF can associate with murderers as long as the victim is a criminal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

What does it matter what local knowledge says about Quinn?. Are you suggesting that SF can associate with murderers as long as the victim is a criminal?

Francie is happy enough with murder so long as it is "authorised" . In fact once Gerry or Slab authorises it it is not really murder at all.

If local knowledge is correct it validates what Bertie was told, what the IMC says and what Connor Murphy said.
    Peculiar that you want to accept one bit of local knowledge and not another bit.
    Similar to those who accept the allegation that Adams was responsible for Jean McConville's death but not the allegation that she was an informer from the SAME source.

The murder is still a vicious and terrible act, it was IMO a criminal act. If those who are alleged to have done it are embedded deeply in SF and are directing the party...then there is a problem.

I don't think they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Have you got your pencil case and markers ready for school next week?
    You will do well in the remedial class group

Truthvader wrote: »
    Francie is happy enough with murder so long as it is "authorised" . In fact once Gerry or Slab authorises it it is not really murder at all.
    Edgware wrote: »
    Have you got your pencil case and markers ready for school next week?
    You will do well in the remedial class group

All of you need to work out how YOU comply with the GFA.

You cannot exclude anymore...neither Unionist, Republican, nor anyone else.
    We agreed as two sovereign countries and as most political parties (except the DUP) to bring people into the democratic fold if they stick to the principles of the GFA,
    I am happy with the official reports that the party I voted for had honoured their commitments when I voted for them.

If local knowledge is correct it validates what Bertie was told, what the IMC says and what Connor Murphy said.
    Peculiar that you want to accept one bit of local knowledge and not another bit.
    Similar to those who accept the allegation that Adams was responsible for Jean McConville's death but not the allegation that she was an informer from the SAME source.

The murder is still a vicious and terrible act, it was IMO a criminal act. If those who are alleged to have done it are embedded deeply in SF and are directing the party...then there is a problem.

I don't think they are.

I have never said PQ wasn't involved in criminality. If you can find a post that says otherwise quote it. I've always said it was irrelevant.

I have never said PQ wasn't involved in criminality. If you can find a post that says otherwise quote it. I've always said it was irrelevant.
    Not sure what that means as a reply.

We agreed as two sovereign countries and as most political parties (except the DUP) to bring people into the democratic fold if they stick to the principles of the GFA,
    I am happy with the official reports that the party I voted for had honoured their commitments when I voted for them.

Problem is Francie, that as long as the murders are not followed by a letter to An Pobalcht by P O Neil you're ok with that no matter how strong the links to SF party member.

Problem is Francie, that as long as the murders are not followed by a letter to An Pobalcht by P O Neil you're ok with that no matter how strong the links to SF party members.

Is An Phoblacht still a thing? It used be sold every weekend for year.s around the pubs..I can assure you that in almost 60yrs of my life I have never paid for a copy. Although I will admit to having read it a few times out of interest.

What you point is I don't know.

Is An Phoblacht still a thing? It used be sold every weekend for year...I can assure you that in almost 60yrs of my life I have never paid for a copy. Although I will admit to having read it a few times out of interest.

What you point is I don't know.

My point is how do you know what is an approved murder?

My point is how do you know what is an approved murder?

What?

• Advertisement

What?

We'll continue this tomorrow. I'm a little drunk. So gonna bow out

What is this bullcrap? You supported Sinn Fein IRA all the way GFA or no GFA. If they decided in the morning that one more bomb was required to extort some new advantage you would happily be posting here about it being " regrettable but....." Like you servile support for Warrington sure it might "bring someone to the table" And sure the odd extra murder can always be dodged or denied as "not authorised" or whatever.

What is this bullcrap? You supported Sinn Fein IRA all the way GFA or no GFA. If they decided in the morning that one more bomb was required to extort some new advantage you would happily be posting here about it being " regrettable but....." Like you servile support for Warrington sure it might "bring someone to the table" And sure the odd extra murder can always be dodged or denied as "not authorised" or whatever.

Lies.

I didn't vote for SF until I was happy that they were living up to their commitments.
    I never supported the IRA, ever.

Lies.

I didn't vote for SF until I was happy that they were living up to their commitments.

I invite all to go into your posting history and decide for themselves who you support and what you are prepared to excuse and justify

I invite all to go into your posting history and decide for themselves who you support and what you are prepared to excuse and justify

What have I justified?

What have I justified?

Invitation to review your posting history repeated

Invitation to review your posting history repeated

So again, you cannot back up a claim you have made.

I have consistently said in that 'posting history' that all the violence was wrong and unjustified from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

So you condem all their murders, killings, bombings, punishment beatings and their kangaroo courts?

markodaly wrote: »
    So you condem all their murders, killings, bombings, punishment beatings and their kangaroo courts?

You really struggle with this. I make no exception. All of the violence was wrong from the start.

• Advertisement

You really struggle with this. I make no exception. All of the violence was wrong from the start.

But I'm happy to support promote and justify the party that was responsible for most of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement