Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Superfoods wrote: »
    Going in circles.

I have yet to see a single answer from anyone. It just seem to be point at someone else. Hardly very assuring if Sinn Fein want to be in government.

So taking what every other party has did/done. What do you think of Sinn Fein rocking up the round for a funeral/rally?

Thought it was foolish but no different to Gda Horkan funeral where TDs also attended. People wishing to pay respects. Neither can be equated to a jolly in a Galway hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Reports I seen was a couple of hundred people. Hardly a shock to be honest.

It looked a lot more than 200.

I would guestimate somewhere between 500 and 1000.

https://lime.link/blog/visualizing-crowd-sizes/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,817 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Any different to the vigils for Gda. Horkin in Castlerea or Ballaghderreen the week of his murder? We can keep going down this disgusting rabbit hole if Leo, his councillors and supporters fail to see the similarities.

Were these organised by a political party - or did they feature political speeches from any party leaders?

Disgusting is an apt description for the SF acolytes who keep trying to pretend that all funerals take a detour to hold a party-political event midway through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

blackwhite wrote: »
    Were these organised by a political party - or did they feature political speeches from any party leaders?

Disgusting is an apt description for the SF acolytes who keep trying to pretend that all funerals take a detour to hold a party-political event midway through it.

You're clearly clutching at straws here tbh. Storey's funeral was, just that, a funeral. The manner in which said funeral was carried out is irrelevant, don't be so pedantic/pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,876 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I haven't seen an 'acolyte' yet or anyone else not agree that SF got the funeral wrong and criticise them for it.

What I have seen is people avoid having to be consistent on funerals though and breaches of social distancing guidelines.

The same people, funnily enough, are also pretty remiss when it comes to criticising the breaking of rules around a golfing jolly and a FG member and a FG appointed judge both putting themselves above the state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Yes...Enda in 2011 - new politics guff. The same Enda who would have been sitting down at the table at this event had there not been a pandemic.

It all goes beyond the pandemic to the core of how this state has been run and the FG FF boys and gals know it.

Fun fact.

The richest party in the state is SF.

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    You're clearly clutching at straws here tbh. Storey's funeral was, just that, a funeral. The manner in which said funeral was carried out is irrelevant, don't be so pedantic/pathetic.

It really wasn't - no matter how much the SF cheerleaders try to lie otherwise.

Funeral's normally don't stop halfway to the final resting place to hold a host of political speeches.

Good to see nothing has changed in the SF tactics on here - throw abuse at anyone who calls out the cult :rolleyes:

markodaly wrote: »
    Fun fact.

The richest party in the state is SF.

All those donations from Trump & his pals can't have hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

All those donations from Trump & his pals can't have hurt

black_and_white_Gerry_Adams_Donald_Trump.jpg?t=1499854785

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Funeral's normally don't stop halfway to the final resting place to hold a host of political speeches.

Good to see nothing has changed in the SF tactics on here - throw abuse at anyone who calls out the cult :rolleyes:

I'm not a member of any party because I prefer to remain unbiased when analysing legislation/policies, however, I did vote SF in February and would do so again if there were to be another GE in the next 12 months. Does that make me part of a 'cult'? :rolleyes: lol

The only people who think there was a difference between the Storey & Horkan's funerals are butthurt FFers who can't bear to see their beloved party crumble before their eyes.

Who are you to dictate how funerals should/shouldn't operate? Such a daft take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

What abuse was in that post?

Feel free not to answer, you flat avoided the funeral comparison questions with all your other amigos.

Thought we were discussing the possible breach of health regs/guidelines re Covid.
    Not who was getting buried.
    Covid bypasses the good guys in your opinion judging by your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Yes and they lost them plus other roles have been vacated

They are still TDs drawing a salary.

Mary Lou should have stepped down as her role as leader of Sinn Fein as she clearly cannot lead in a crisis

Lead what in a crisis? SF? She isn't a Gov. Minister. Its up to SF members to choose their leader.

How is it different? he is a leader of a party, same as Mary Lou. She has guys running around shouting "Up da Ra", another throwing accusations about a man killed, another who is going on rants on facebook, another councillor over in Spain for two weeks, a load going up North for a funeral and not following guidelines.
    He is Taoiseach and Leader of the Country (as well as being party leader).

why are people shouting about Michael Martin? so far Mary Lou leadership looks to be fairly poor. Or do you think all of the above shows good leadership?

The opinion polls don't say that.
    She can remove a councillor from Sinn Fein. Very easy to do that. A lot harder to sack your second Agri Minister. Michael Martin done it and done it quickly, which showed improvement in leadership

She can withdraw the SF Whip from the Councillor, thats about all. She does not lose her job as a Councillor.

Since MM appointed both Agri Ministers, he is the one who has to sack them.

If you say so, I am not saying they are/are not getting new members. I am just saying you can't go round shouting/roaring about one political party while doing the same or worse in your own party.

To be honest, a councillor going on holiday to a holiday provided all quaranteening rules etc. are taken. The reason they went is because they could not get a refund and is completely different to the shambles of a golf outing that happened in the West.

If Sinn Fein kept under the radar for a few months they would probably have 20,000 but they constantly do Sinn Fein things......

So you should be glad. Was their a spike in Covid infections after the funeral in West Belfast. As far as I understand it, all social distancing regs were adhered to and the PSNI has said that no laws were broken.

McMurphy wrote: »
    What abuse was in that post?

Feel free not to answer, you flat avoided the funeral comparison questions with all your other amigos.

Calling anyone "pathetic" comes across as the usual typical shinner abuse of anyone who dares question them - no suprise the rest of the crew are along to defend their comrades :rolleyes:

I've address the funeral comparisons repeatedly - but keep lying if that's what makes you feel better.

One funeral took a diversion between the service and the final resting place in order to hold a political rally.

I didn't see Garda Horkan's funeral take a diversion en route - did you? Didn't see any political party sticking his coffin beside a podium and holding a policital event halfway through the proceedings.

Party before reality as always for the SF fans on here

Calling anyone "pathetic" comes across as the usual typical shinner abuse of anyone who dares question them - no suprise the rest of the crew are along to defend their comrades :rolleyes:

I've address the funeral comparisons repeatedly - but keep lying if that's what makes you feel better.

One funeral took a diversion between the service and the final resting place in order to hold a political rally.

I didn't see Garda Horkan's funeral take a diversion en route - did you? Didn't see any political party sticking his coffin beside a podium and holding a policital event halfway through the proceedings.

And did they both breach health regs/guidelines re numbers/ distance?

Thought we were discussing the possible breach of health regs/guidelines re Covid.
    Not who was getting buried.
    Covid bypasses the good guys in your opinion judging by your post.

More lies - the issue is pausing the funeral mid-way through in order to hold a political rally. The longer you have big crowds congregated then the higher the risk.

Here - yet again - shows where the difference and problem arises. No doubt you'll ignore it again because defending the cult is more important than the truth.
    No - but it the risk of transmission increases in line with the length of time that people are in close proximity to each other.

The detour to hold a political rally needlessly increased the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,928 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Care to comment on the similarities between the two funerals which Leo and FG are trying to avoid.

One was a political rally without a burial, the other was a funeral in a different jurisdiction.

That is sufficient to distinguish them.

A more apt comparison is with the John Hume funeral, a comparison that the Shinners keep avoiding.

More lies - the issue is pausing the funeral mid-way through in order to hold a political rally. The longer you have big crowds congregated then the higher the risk.

Here - yet again - shows where the difference and problem arises. No doubt you'll ignore it again because defending the cult is more important than the truth.

Agreed. But the vigils in Castlerea and Ballaghaderrern during that week would have posed the same risk.

And did they both breach health regs/guidelines re numbers/ distance?

They did.

But one made things worse again by organising a political rally mid-way through, extending the time that people were present, and by busing in "activists" from around the island in order to increase the numbers present.

They did.

But one made things worse again by organising a political rally mid-way through, extending the time that people were present, and by busing in "activists" from around the island in order to increase the numbers present.
    Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,928 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

LawBoy2018 wrote: »

That is just nonsense.

It wasn't a funeral, it was a political rally dressed up as a funeral with a fake burial. Sometimes I wonder is the man dead at all, given the level of fake pageantry around his funeral.

Agreed. But the vigils in Castlerea and Ballaghaderrern during that week would have posed the same risk.

Gatherings of people from the immediate locality, compared to a political rally where people were bused from around the island are not a comparable risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,876 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

They did.

When are you going to accept that what is being investigated is a 'breach of guidelines'.

What happened in Clifden is the breaking of rules and the breaking of quarantine restrictions that have fines and imprisonment as penalties...BECAUSE they are more serious than 'breaches'.

SF have been criticised by me and everyone else and have accepted themselves they breached the guidleines. The PSNI is investigating to see if any laws were broken.

Pedantic/Pathetic was clearly in relation to what you had posted, I don't think the poster aimed it you personally, they probably dont know you in real life to make such a judgement,you're possibly jumping too quick to be offended?

The shinners maybe should have put a partition up in the graveyard, seems like the lads (including a cabinet minister, a Supreme Judge and the head of the covid response) thought it was adequate for them?

Obviously I'm just being silly.

The mourners that broke the social distancing guidelines at both funerals were wrong, both could have been handled better imo.

However, covid doesn't give a shyte who the funeral was for, or who was in attendance, or what they were doing.

I'm going to make this one fairly simple for you, it will only require a yes/no.

If you are of the belief MON/MLMD should resign/be sacked for ignoring the guidelines, do you think Flanagan/Ring should face the same consequences?

Think you can manage that? It's not a big ask mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

blanch152 wrote: »
    That is just nonsense.

It wasn't a funeral, it was a political rally dressed up as a funeral with a fake burial. Sometimes I wonder is the man dead at all, given the level of fake pageantry around his funeral.

As a blueshirt, I thought you would be able to understand republican funerals and historically how orations have always been a feature. Don't FG have an annual shindig down in West Cork every year for Michael Collins where it is regarded as a big deal as to who gives it.

Gatherings of people from the immediate locality, compared to a political rally where people were bused from around the island are not a comparable risk.

Charlie Flanagan is from Mayo now? Why post something that is so easily proven to be not true:confused:

Would you be trying to twist things? (Just a bit?)

Pedantic/Pathetic was clearly in relation to what you had posted, I don't think the poster aimed it you personally, they probably dont know you in real life to make such a judgement,you're possibly jumping too quick to be offended?

The shinners maybe should have put a partition up in the graveyard, seems like the lads (including a cabinet minister, a Supreme Judge and the head of the covid response) thought it was adequate for them?

Obviously I'm just being silly.

The mourners that broke the social distancing guidelines at both funerals were wrong, both could have been handled better imo.

However, covid doesn't give a shyte who the funeral was for, or who was in attendance, or what they were doing.

I'm going to make this one fairly simple for you, it will only require a yes/no.

If you are of the belief MON/MLMD should resign/be sacked for ignoring the guidelines, do you think Flanagan/Ring should face the same consequences?

Think you can manage that? It's not a big ask mind you.

If you can find any instance of me defending the clusterf*ck in Clifden then feel free to post it. Seems the whatbaoutery is a strong as ever in Parnell Sq brigades.

Whoever in Sinn Fein took it upon themselves to organise a political rally midway through the funeral should resign - and there should be apologies from the senior SF folk for participating in the rally and for busing in people from across the island.

I've yet to see evidence of Flanagan or Ring personally breaching the guidelines (nor MLMD breaching guidelines during the actual funeral part in Belfast) - but MON should have seen sterner sanction from the party for p*ssing all over the guidelines with her two photo ops - both the selfie at the funeral, and for travelling down to the CCD so she could stand behind MLMD in a few pictures.

Charlie Flanagan is from Mayo now? Why post something that is so easily proven to be not true:confused:

Would you be trying to twist things? (Just a bit?)

That question was about the vigils on the night after the killing.

You trying to twist things yourself there? I guess that's ok once you're defending your cult ;)

If you can find any instance of me defending the clusterf*ck in Clifden then feel free to post it. Seems the whatbaoutery is a strong as ever in Parnell Sq brigades.

Stopped reading after Clifden, you like many others want to keep comparing Clifden/Funeral instead of Funeral/Funeral.

I'll ask again.

I've yet to see evidence of Flanagan or Ring personally breaching the guidelines (nor MLMD breaching guidelines during the actual funeral part in Belfast) - but MON should have seen sterner sanction from the party for p*ssing all over the guidelines with her two photo ops - both the selfie at the funeral, and for travelling down to the CCD so she could stand behind MLMD in a few pictures.

Allow me to oblige so.

IMG-20200825-004331.jpg

You're welcome.

• Advertisement

Stopped reading after Clifden, you like many others want to keep comparing Clifden/Funeral instead of Funeral/Funeral.

I'll ask again.

If you don't want to read answers that don't suit the party agenda, then I guess that's your own problem.

Mission accomplished johnny - jump in to defend a fellow party hack, and deflect away until the topic dies a death.

Transparent as ever - honesty goes out the window when the Sinn Fein fan club arrive

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement