Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,817 ✭✭✭blackwhite

McMurphy wrote: »

Allow me to oblige so.

IMG-20200825-004331.jpg

You're welcome.

Travel for work was part of the exemptions from the travel restrictions (you've bragged about abusing the exemption to do a tour of a few Aldi's yourself so I'm guessing you're familiar with it).

Are you trying to argue that attending the funeral of a Garda killed in the line of duty is not part of the Minisiter for Justice's work?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blackwhite wrote: »
    If you don't want to read answers that don't suit the party agenda, then I guess that's your own problem.

Mission accomplished johnny - jump in to defend a fellow party hack, and deflect away until the topic dies a death.

Transparent as ever - honesty goes out the window when the Sinn Fein fan club arrive

You have not answered the question asked - no point in trying to huff now.

And the "Johnny" remark what's that supposed to be about? I changed my name but kept the account (as anyone with a subscription can do) IE - all my posts under the Johnny username still appear under this account....

Is this supposed to be some dig and hurt my feelings, or what is the point in posting it?

You have not answered the question asked - no point in trying to huff now.

And the "Johnny" remark what's that supposed to be about? I changed my name but kept the account (as anyone with a subscription can do) IE - all my posts under the Johnny username still appear under this account....

Is this supposed to be some dig and hurt my feelings, or what is the point in posting it?

Nothing intended by it at all - just the name you used the longest so it's the name I still associate with you. If you don't like it being used then happy to call you whatever the latest tagline is.

As for answering the question - I'll give you a hint - it's in the post you proudly boasted that you didn't read. :rolleyes:

It being the answer that doesn't suit your party's cult's agenda - then that's just too bad.

Travel for work was part of the exemptions from the travel restrictions (you've bragged about abusing the exemption to do a tour of a few Aldi's yourself so I'm guessing you're familiar with it).

Are you trying to argue that attending the funeral of a Garda killed in the line of duty is not part of the Minisiter for Justice's work?

Very good, it's almost like we have been discussing Charlie and Michael's travel restrictions being broken, rather than social distancing guidelines being broken.

You can just hold your hand up and admit they were wrong same as the shinners anytime you like you know.

And when you do, could you let me know if you think they should be fired or resign for doing so?

Very good, it's almost like we have been discussing Charlie and Michael's travel restrictions being broken, rather than social distancing guidelines being broken.

You can just hold your hand up and admit they were wrong same as the shinners anytime you like you know.

And when you do, could you let me know if you think they should be fired or resign for doing so?

Try again then - the discussion has been around breaching the guidelines full stop. Wasn't it you that loved to trot out an image of shifting goalposts? :rolleyes:

If there's images of Flanagan or Ring throwing their arms around people for selfies, then they're 100% wrong and need to be called to account.
    If you've some evidence of them busing in countless "activists" from around the country then they need to be held to account.
    Or if you've some evidence of them getting the funeral diverted so they could make a few political speeches, then by all means post it.

But it looks like that - as always - all you've actually got is a dose of whataboutery to try and deflect away from SF - because you couldn't resist jumping in to defend one of your comrades when they started to founder.
    If you can find any instance of me defending the clusterf*ck in Clifden then feel free to post it. Seems the whatbaoutery is a strong as ever in Parnell Sq brigades.

Whoever in Sinn Fein took it upon themselves to organise a political rally midway through the funeral should resign - and there should be apologies from the senior SF folk for participating in the rally and for busing in people from across the island.

I've yet to see evidence of Flanagan or Ring personally breaching the guidelines (nor MLMD breaching guidelines during the actual funeral part in Belfast) - but MON should have seen sterner sanction from the party for p*ssing all over the guidelines with her two photo ops - both the selfie at the funeral, and for travelling down to the CCD so she could stand behind MLMD in a few pictures.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Superfoods

jm08 wrote: »
    As a blueshirt, I thought you would be able to understand republican funerals and historically how orations have always been a feature. Don't FG have an annual shindig down in West Cork every year for Michael Collins where it is regarded as a big deal as to who gives it.

So? I don't get your point. If the event goes on every year who cares. Same if Sinn Fein want to go around having funerals let them off, nobody cares.

If it goes on and in breach of the guidelines risking people's lives then it is something to be discussed.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Thought it was foolish but no different to Gda Horkan funeral where TDs also attended. People wishing to pay respects. Neither can be equated to a jolly in a Galway hotel.

We are discussing the Sinn Fein funeral. Do you think it was correct in the middle of covid to head off to another country in breach of all guidelines, not adhere to guidelines in the country you visit for a funeral/rally?

Try again then - the discussion has been around breaching the guidelines full stop. Wasn't it you that loved to trot out an image of shifting goalposts? :rolleyes:

If there's images of Flanagan or Ring throwing their arms around people for selfies, then they're 100% wrong and need to be called to account.
    If you've some evidence of them busing in countless "activists" from around the country then they need to be held to account.
    Or if you've some evidence of them getting the funeral diverted so they could make a few political speeches, then by all means post it.

But it looks like that - as always - all you've actually got is a dose of whataboutery to try and deflect away from SF - because you couldn't resist jumping in to defend one of your comrades when they started to founder.

No, you're wrong yet again, we have been discussing regulations v guidelines for quite a while now, I even gave numerous hints as to how they differ - eg the gards are investigating Clifden because regulations were clearly broken, they're not investigating anyone for breaking the social distancing guidelines.

You can twist and squirm all you want - you're wrong here - you know you're wrong too.

As for my "numerous Aldi" visits - you're following another poster in trying to make it personal, the problem is I now have to correct you as I had to do for him.

Yes, I am indeed exempt from travel restrictions because of my work, however I stated quite clearly (and even linked to my post) that I stopped in an ALDI (singular) whilst on my way to a job and notified others reading the thread that Aldi did not have a certain item in their stores, with the clear instructions "to save anyone else making the unnecessary journey"

This isn't going well for you today at all, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,781 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Chiparus wrote: »

I must say I am no supporter of FF but as it states in the article it is clearly an attempt to raise controversy and reads very 'tabloidish' in nature. Plus Martin has detailed how he gave substantive answers, plus evidence in a tribunal. I can understand why a SF supporter would salivate over it though. Deflects real attention on SF and plays to the demographic.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

No, you're wrong yet again, we have been discussing regulations v guidelines for quite a while now, I even gave numerous hints as to how they differ - eg the gards are investigating Clifden because regulations were clearly broken, they're not investigating anyone for breaking the social distancing guidelines.

And again - the goalposts shifting when you can't make an honest point. You're really letting the mask slip there.

I'm sure you can point to the post where I mentioned social distancing guidelines.

Both Garda Horkan's funeral and Bobby Storey's funeral appear to have various instances of social distancing being broken.

In addition to that - SF organised a political rally as an interlude to interupt the funeral - that further pissed all over both the guidelines in place at the time and the regulations in force as well. They just lied and tried to claim that the political rally was really part of the funeral to try and find a loophole (just like the hotel in Clifden tried to do with their partitions in the room).

Yet we still get the same SF footsoldiers trying to pretend that holding a political rally half-way through a funeral was the exact same as what happened in Charlestown.

Defend the cult to the end the McM - weren't you on a the Clifden threads throwing insinuations about people's post history showing their agendas? Pot, kettle, black there if ever there was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Superfoods wrote: »
    So? I don't get your point. If the event goes on every year who cares. Same if Sinn Fein want to go around having funerals let them off, nobody cares.

If it goes on and in breach of the guidelines risking people's lives then it is something to be discussed.

The point is that an oration is a big feature of republican funerals. You may have heard of Patrick Pearse's graveside oration at O'Donovan Rossa's funeral. This is even practised by Fine Gael and they have an annual commemoration down in West Cork every year.

From what I understand, Bobby Storey would have a similar standing in SF as Michael Collins has in Fine Gael.
    A video of Michael Collins funeral. A lot of soldiers and clergy at it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbV_vEOcb9I

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

We are discussing the Sinn Fein funeral. Do you think it was correct in the middle of covid to head off to another country in breach of all guidelines, not adhere to guidelines in the country you visit for a funeral/rally?

No I don't. Same as Gda Horkan's funeral IMO. Both wrong.

I cannot be clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,781 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

IMG-20200825-004331.jpg

Just be clear I am against any one breaking covid19 regulations/guidelines no matter what you wish to call them.

But lets call a spade a spade and a shovel and shovel.
    The bar of moral turpitude is extremely low in SF it is rare that there is accountability and real consequence from any actions.

SF know it and the demographic who vote for SF, either know it and are ignorant. Or they know it and do not care. It is amazing what can be let go and turned a blind eye to as long as it aids 'the struggle'. Plus I feel a lot of diehard SF supporters get a kick out of it because anything goes in SF. Meanwhile other parties have to behave like proper political parties, because most voters have a certain sense of morality and decency.

SF's barometer of morality has been twisted and warped so much that they know no other way. Plus the SF leadership (either elected/unelected) have become desensitised on what human decency is, and give no accountability for any lack of it.

It is easy to play to the gallery to the working class votes (low hanging fruit). However the middle ground will never move towards SF until such a culture is changed. There must be accountability, transparency and work towards public benefit and the national interest. You only have to look at SF's conflict with the SCC v thier own past, to see they have a long long way to go.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

And again - the goalposts shifting when you can't make an honest point. You're really letting the mask slip there.

What goalposts have been shifted? I repeat - we have been discussing Social distance guidlines being flouted for days now, no-one mentioned travel restrictions since I had to point out to Blanch on another thread that travel restrictions for the SF funeral were lifted the day before the funeral took place.

I'm sure you can point to the post where I mentioned social distancing guidelines.

Its not all about you, the comparison has been made about selfies, and social ditancing being ignored at the shnner funeral (they dropped the travel restrictions being ignored when it was pointed out to them that they were lifted for Storeys funeral) - you've not been keeping abreast with the thread, or else are tryong to change the narrative.
    Both Garda Horkan's funeral and Bobby Storey's funeral appear to have various instances of social distancing being broken.
    Well done, isn't that what I and others have been going on about for days?

Which brings us back full circle, do you think Ring/Flannagan should resign/sacked for flouting the same guidelines as shinners?

In addition to that - SF organised a political rally as an interlude to interupt the funeral - that further pissed all over both the guidelines in place at the time and the regulations in force as well. They just lied and tried to claim that the political rally was really part of the funeral to try and find a loophole (just like the hotel in Clifden tried to do with their partitions in the room).

Yet we still get the same SF footsoldiers trying to pretend that holding a political rally half-way through a funeral was the exact same as what happened in Charlestown.

Defend the cult to the end the McM - weren't you on a the Clifden threads throwing insinuations about people's post history showing their agendas? Pot, kettle, black there if ever there was.

Waffle, irrelevant Waffle.

Its like being "a little bit pregnant" tell the virus all about rallies at funerals, it doesn't give a shyt.

Kudos for at least admitting FG broke the same guidelines the shinners have been (rightfully) given out for flouting.

I have to deduct some for not letting me know whether charlie/ring should resign or be fired though.

Not all bad, but no pass either I'm afraid.

What goalposts have been shifted? I repeat - we have been discussing Social distance guidlines being flouted for days now, no-one mentioned travel restrictions since I had to point out to Blanch on another thread that travel restrictions for the SF funeral were lifted the day before the funeral took place.

Its not all about you, the comparison has been made about selfies, and social ditancing being ignored at the shnner funeral (they dropped the travel restrictions being ignored when it was pointed out to them that they were lifted for Storeys funeral) - you've not been keeping abreast with the thread, or else are tryong to change the narrative.

Well done, isn't that what I and others have been going on about for days?

Which brings us back full circle, do you think Ring/Flannagan should resign/sacked for flouting the same guidelines as shinners?

Waffle, irrelevant Waffle.

Its like being "a little bit pregnant" tell the virus all about rallies at funerals, it doesn't give a shyt.

Kudos for at least admitting FG broke the same guidelines the shinners have been (rightfully) given out for flouting.

I have to deduct some for not letting me know whether charlie/ring should resign or be fired though.

Not all bad, but no pass either I'm afraid.

Keep deflecting McM - shows that's all there is to you. The ground must be badly cut up from all the dragging the posts around.

Did FG arrange Garda Horkan's funeral?

Did FG arrange a detour in the middle of the funeral to hold a political rally, and extend the time that all those people were gathered for?

Did they decide to bus in activists from around the country to bump up the numbers at their rally?

So far all you've managed to show is that Ring and Flanagan attended the funeral, if you can show evidence of either of them personally breaching the guidelines like dear old MON did then please have at it. Like I've said, there's no evidence of MLMD personally breaching the guidelines during the funeral itself either. Even if she might have to take responsibility for bringing the busloads in from the 4 corners of Ireland and for extending the time that the large crowds were gathered by deciding to hold a rally.

I based on the thread we are saying that Sinn Fein going to a funeral and ignoring all guidelines in both countries is not an issue because they are Sinn Fein?

The point is that an oration is a big feature of republican funerals. You may have heard of Patrick Pearse's graveside oration at O'Donovan Rossa's funeral. This is even practised by Fine Gael and they have an annual commemoration down in West Cork every year.

From what I understand, Bobby Storey would have a similar standing in SF as Michael Collins has in Fine Gael.
    A video of Michael Collins funeral. A lot of soldiers and clergy at it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbV_vEOcb9I

Did Ireland have an outbreak of Covid at Michael Collins funeral? no

Bobby Storey was no Michael Collins and its an awful insult to put the in the same sentance to be honest. But that is a different matter.

The fact is the funernal happened during a lock down or during guidelines not to travel etc. So Sinn Fein should not have attended. If they wanted to attend then Michelle who is the representative in the North should have attended alone to pass on Sinn Fein condolences,.

Anything else is wrong and should have been stopped by Mary Lou. Not have Mary Lou standing with all of them breaking the guidelines. It is terrible leadership no matter what angle you try to put it. She is the one saying she want to lead Ireland, will she lead it as long as it suits her?

I based on the thread we are saying that Sinn Fein going to a funeral and ignoring all guidelines in both countries is not an issue because they are Sinn Fein?

You are correct. It's not an issue except here on boards. The main item on the agenda is this farce of a govt and their golfing buddies. Wall to wall on all media forms from ink to sound.

For a lad accusing me of "deflecting" the irony here is hilarious, first you tried to pretend we were all comparing who broke travel restrictions, when pointed out you were twisting, you now want to change the narrative as to "did FG organise the funeral" - this is a new line being spun, we are and have been discussing guidelines being flouted/breached by mourner's at two funerals - including politicians - and comparing why some think some should be fired or step down for same, but others shouldn't. ( You also tried to get a personal dig in - insinuating I was abusing travel restrictions because of my job, a new low btw)

Covid 19 doesn't know or care who "organised anything" because covid 19 just wants to infect hosts and spread to new ones. Jesus.

Moving on.

So far all you've managed to show is that Ring and Flanagan attended the funeral, if you can show evidence of either of them personally breaching the guidelines like dear old MON did then please have at it. Like I've said, there's no evidence of MLMD personally breaching the guidelines during the funeral itself either. Even if she might have to take responsibility for bringing the busloads in from the 4 corners of Ireland and for extending the time that the large crowds were gathered by deciding to hold a rally.

You were given a photo where they are just short of cuddling and holding hands, what other evidence would you like?

No, you've clearly not being paying attention, many agreed that Sinn Fein members were wrong to flout social distancing guidelines, but so too were mourners (including Ring/Flanagan) at Garda Horkans funeral. It's just some people cannot or will not explain or give any rationale as to why they think only one set of politicians need to be sacked or resign over it.

It's not that hard to understand, unless you're purposely choosing not to.

No, you've clearly not being paying attention, many agreed that Sinn Fein members were wrong to flout social distancing guidelines, but so too were mourners (including Ring/Flanagan) at Garda Horkans funeral. It's just some people cannot or will not explain or give any rationale as to why they think only one set of politicians need to be sacked or resign over it.

It's not that hard to understand, unless you're purposely choosing not to.

Is it really a case of you done it so we can as well?

I thought Sinn Fein wanted to change politics. This is just back to tit for tat which has gone on for years. Its no change at all. Same bulls**t new party.

If Sinn Fein did want change they would never have attended and then they would rightly point the finger at the current government and call for them to be thrown out. At the moment from my point of view they are not any better than the current government so why bother spending 50-100 million to swap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

I must say I am no supporter of FF but as it states in the article it is clearly an attempt to raise controversy and reads very 'tabloidish' in nature. Plus Martin has detailed how he gave substantive answers, plus evidence in a tribunal. I can understand why a SF supporter would salivate over it though. Deflects real attention on SF and plays to the demographic.

I have no doubt you are not a supporter of FF and are probably a hard core shinner.

Not sure he gave substantive answers- a property developer gave him money to keep and he hid it in his wifes bank account.
    When he was found out - it was a "political donation " - helps avoid taxing questions if you know what I mean.

Here is more of the substantive answers , (if by substantive, you mean evasive).

https://villagemagazine.ie/micheal-martin-evasive-and-misleading-in-2020/

Is it really a case of you done it so we can as well?

I thought Sinn Fein wanted to change politics. This is just back to tit for tat which has gone on for years. Its no change at all. Same bulls**t new party.

If Sinn Fein did want change they would never have attended and then they would rightly point the finger at the current government and call for them to be thrown out. At the moment from my point of view they are not any better than the current government so why bother spending 50-100 million to swap?

So first you though it was just people thought "Sinn Fein breaking rules is not an issue" and when that got blown away, it's straight back up, and carry-on with a different approach?

Can you pick a stance and try and stick with it, the room surely must be spinning at this stage too?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Did Michael Collins rob a bank as pension money for the lads?
    Did Michael Collins routinely abuse and threaten women (it's on record that Bobby Storey did this)
    Did Michael Collins openly threaten journalists?
    Did Michael Collins engage in smuggling and laundering deiseal?

However, you may be right. Bobby may be seen as a great man, from within SF... but that says ALOT about SF when a common criminal and thug is revered as much as Collins.

It looked a lot more than 200.

I would guestimate somewhere between 500 and 1000.

https://lime.link/blog/visualizing-crowd-sizes/

When was a couple of hundred people only 200?

Any photos I seen it wasn't within a arses roar of 1000 people. Max 500 people.

Two's a couple?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

A couple of meaning two, ie a couple of hundred , meaning 200.

A couple of meaning two, ie a couple of hundred , meaning 200.

Junior infants not back yet by the looks of things.

You were given a photo where they are just short of cuddling and holding hands, what other evidence would you like?

There’s a picture of them walking alongside each other. You can’t even be honest about that then what hope is there from anything else in your posts?

You’ve made loads of claims about what I’ve posted or “pretended” - but produced f*ck all quotes to back it up.
    All you seem capable of is lying about what I’ve posted, and strawmanning to suit your usual agenda. Transparent as ever

You think when the priest blesses the newly wed couple he's referring to 5, 6 or maybe 8 people?

• Advertisement

There’s a picture of them walking alongside each other. You can’t even be honest about that then what hope is there from anything else in your posts?

ah, a new angle I see. They don't look like they're walking to me, they look like they're stationary tbh, but that's irrelevant anyway, because whether they're walking, kissing or doing the Fandango - if they're not more than 2m apart - they're not social distancing. It's like the little bit pregnant we discussed earlier.
    You’ve made loads of claims about what I’ve posted or “pretended” - but produced f*ck all quotes to back it up.
    All you seem capable of is lying about what I’ve posted, and strawmanning to suit your usual agenda. Transparent as ever

List them please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement