Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    We all paid for what happened in the crash, so I wouldn’t say many but everyone

I do ask the question, would it have been any different with any other party? All the other parties during that time jumped on bandwagon, I don’t remember any party telling everyone to stop buying houses? Or saying it would all come crashing down

Now you may find a link to some random person but no one was on the news/papers day in day out saying this would crash and burn

I would lay mor blame at central bank who went to sleep at the wheel for years.

Also we as a people need to take some blame, people buying 500k houses and on tiny wages to “get a foot on ladder” was crazy. If anything the same would be going on now if it wasn’t such a big crash before, I actually sit with people complaining because they can’t get 100% mortgages anymore

That’s no political party, that’s just stupid people

You are avoiding facing up to the realpolitik of it all.

It's water under the bridge now, what happened or who paid for it.

Will the electorate tolerate another round of austerity if it is delivered by either of the power swap party's?

I don't think it will. So while FG may get a wee bounce, harder times are coming, and they may wish somebody else had been in government during this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

And so are you. Disappearing when any one asks you to back up a claim.

For example you made a hullabaloo about FG and FF wanting a ‘strong and stable’ coalition a few days ago. When I posted the following quote from Mary Lou you disappeared:

Care to comment now?

Or will you do another of your ‘runaways’?

You’re just proving my original point.

Anyone that uses the phrase ‘strong and stable’ is getting nowhere near government.
    It’s an easy throwaway phrase but Bizarre blindness to not realize it will forever be the gallows Theresa May hung from. And one of her own making.

It’s laughable and quite telling you went all the way back to find that by the way. Is it an hourly rate you’re on??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

Will the electorate tolerate another round of austerity if it is delivered by either of the power swap party's?

By power swap party I assume you mean FF or FG? If so, what is the alternative? Vote for an idiot like Pearse Doherty? Not very appealing either given his track record.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

christy c wrote: »
    By power swap party I assume you mean FF or FG? If so, what is the alternative? Vote for an idiot like Pearse Doherty? Not very appealing either given his track record.

In fairness Pearse Doherty is a decent politician. You must be a FF/fg supporter? Maybe call UP the Ra man a idiot.

baldbear wrote: »
    In fairness Pearse Doherty is a decent politician. You must be a FF/fg supporter? Maybe call UP the Ra man a idiot.

No I'm a FG voter as I see them as the best of a bad lot for now.

Pearse is good for a soundbite, not much else. I call him an idiot as he wanted to decimate the tax base and reduce the pension age only a few weeks ago- admittedly different economic conditions but stupid nonetheless.

Go back further and look at the nonsense he was spouting at the time of the bailout.

• Advertisement

Pearse is good for a soundbite, not much else. I call him an idiot as he wanted to decimate the tax base and reduce the pension age only a few weeks ago- admittedly different economic conditions but stupid nonetheless.

Go back further and look at the nonsense he was spouting at the time of the bailout.

Decimate.

Another one of those words that doesn’t mean what people think it means.

Runaways wrote: »
    Decimate.

Another one of those words that doesn’t mean what people think it means.

Quick google says "kill, destroy, or remove a large proportion of". I would have taken it as meaning "removing a large proportion of". If there's a more appropriate word then apologies.

What's Pearse's track record?

What was Paschal's before he got the gig, or Michael Noonan's etc?

Quick google says "kill, destroy, or remove a large proportion of". I would have taken it as meaning "removing a large proportion of". If there's a more appropriate word then apologies.

You were using it in relation to tax. NowLook up what it means.

Sorry never mind. I’m sick as a dog and being arsey

What's Pearse's track record?

What was Paschal's before he got the gig, or Michael Noonan's etc?

I'm talking about his track record of stupid proposals- I gave a few examples above.

From what I recall you're not too fond of their policies either?

• Advertisement

I'm talking about his track record of stupid proposals- I gave a few examples above.

From what I recall you're not too fond of their policies either?
    That's why i think the way out of this is all of them coming together...get into locked rooms and come up with policy that will ensure a fair way out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

That's why i think the way out of this is all of them coming together...get into locked rooms and come up with policy that will ensure a fair way out.

This will never happen.

Reason 1: Mary Lou has shown at all occasions she is a lose cannon and cannot be trusted. Hence why no party wants to know. Not sure why the SF fans cannot see this?
    Even if they tried to do the above, I can bet you, Mary Lou would be out in the press saying she was the one who arranged it.....

Unfortuneatly your idea might be good but the problem is sitting with one party

SF a bit too far away at the moment IMO, would need to soften their stance on a number of things before I would fancy being locked in a room with them.

SF a bit too far away at the moment IMO, would need to soften their stance on a number of things before I would fancy being locked in a room with them.

FG are the party that was rejected most by the electorate though. Yours is just more FG arrogance that there is only one way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

FG are the party that was rejected most by the electorate though. Yours is just more FG arrogance that there is only one way.

Got more votes then all but two.

Alot more parties were "rejected" more

This will never happen.

Reason 1: Mary Lou has shown at all occasions she is a lose cannon and cannot be trusted. Hence why no party wants to know. Not sure why the SF fans cannot see this?
    Even if they tried to do the above, I can bet you, Mary Lou would be out in the press saying she was the one who arranged it.....

Unfortuneatly your idea might be good but the problem is sitting with one party

SF were perfect partners for MM when he thought he had a majority of seats.

Stop talking utter ****e Shefwedfan, would you? Try losing the naivety.

The reason SF are 'toxic' is that they will not be a 'junior' partner and FF and FG know it.

That is forcing the two of them together to hold on to the power they were happy to swap with one another for a century.

I'm giving my opinion that three parties are not going to lock themselves in a room and I said why, call it arrogance if it makes you feel better.

SF were perfect partners for MM when he thought he had a majority of seats.

Stop talking utter ****e Shefwedfan, would you? Try losing the naivety.

The reason SF are 'toxic' is that they will not be a 'junior' partner and FF and FG know it.

That is forcing the two of them together to hold on to the power they were happy to swap with one another for a century.

Sorry I didn’t realise I was talking to FF and FG spokesperson

What you posted above is your view, which I could call “utter sh**e” as well but i won’t....

Take out the big two, who else have come out and said they are going to partner with SF?

Sorry I didn’t realise I was talking to FF and FG spokesperson

What you posted above is your view, which I could call “utter sh**e” as well but i won’t....

Take out the big two, who else have come out and said they are going to partner with SF?

It isn't just 'my view'. Most of the main newspapers spotted the bould morally upstanding Michael 'opening the door' to SF when he thought FF's selfish interests were protected by having more seats.

It isn't just 'my view'. Most of the main newspapers spotted the bould morally upstanding Michael 'opening the door' to SF when he thought FF's selfish interests were protected by having more seats.

So which parties?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Runaways wrote: »
    You’re just proving my original point.

Anyone that uses the phrase ‘strong and stable’ is getting nowhere near government.
    It’s an easy throwaway phrase but Bizarre blindness to not realize it will forever be the gallows Theresa May hung from. And one of her own making.

It’s laughable and quite telling you went all the way back to find that by the way. Is it an hourly rate you’re on??

So you have a problem when someone from FF or FG say it, what about when Mary Lou said it?

So which parties?

Which parties what? Drop the 'moral high ground' bull****?

Which parties what? Drop the 'moral high ground' bull****?

Do you have to curse on every post?

You keep talking about FF/FG not partnering with SF. As I asked already, twice, which other parties have said they will work with SF?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,942 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

You keep talking about FF/FG not partnering with SF. As I asked already, twice, which other parties have said they will work with SF?

PBP have said they will work with SF, but only if SF stick with PBP policy.

Who has said they won't?

Labour are awaiting a new leader and neither have commented
    Have the Greens said no? I doubt it if they are talking of a National government.

FF definitely would have had the seats fallen differently. We all heard Martin open that door.

Do you think FF or indeed FG would saty out of a national governmentjust because the Shinners were in it? Ha ha...not a chance.

They work with SF all over the country every day of the week...it's moral high ground posturing and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,942 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Labour, Greens, PBP, Aontu, etc. were all rejected more by the electorate.

blanch152 wrote: »
    PBP have said they will work with SF, but only if SF stick with PBP policy.

So that's none in other words....

So instead of saying every other party in Ireland has an issue, would it not be safe to say something is not right with SF?

Who has said they won't?

Labour are awaiting a new leader and neither have commented
    Have the Greens said no? I doubt it if they are talking of a National government.

FF definitely would have had the seats fallen differently. We all heard Martin open that door.

Do you think FF or indeed FG would saty out of a national governmentjust because the Shinners were in it? Ha ha...not a chance.

They work with SF all over the country every day of the week...it's moral high ground posturing and nothing else.

Touched a nerve I see

Will leave it at that, you answered my question. None will work with SF at the moment. Thanks

Touched a nerve I see

Will leave it at that, you answered my question. None will work with SF at the moment. Thanks

Who will work with FG 'at the moment'? None will work with FG at the moment.

• Advertisement

Who will work with FG 'at the moment'? None will work with FG at the moment.

Ahh put the toys back into the pram please, you making an awful mess

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement