Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

McMurphy wrote: »
    You think when the priest blesses the newly wed couple he's referring to 5, 6 or maybe 8 people?

Phil Hogan left quarantine only a couple of times .

• Registered Users Posts: 27,928 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

When are you going to accept that what is being investigated is a 'breach of guidelines'.

What happened in Clifden is the breaking of rules and the breaking of quarantine restrictions that have fines and imprisonment as penalties...BECAUSE they are more serious than 'breaches'.

SF have been criticised by me and everyone else and have accepted themselves they breached the guidleines. The PSNI is investigating to see if any laws were broken.

What regulations did the people attending the function break? As opposed to the hotel that hosted the function and is responsible for adhering to the regulations?

If someone wanted to be as pedantic as you and others they could point out that distinction, that not a single person attending broke any actual regulation, and that they were only in breach of guidelines.

However, I haven't seen, and I won't see, a single poster defend Calleary on the basis that he only broke guidelines rather than regulations, even though that is factually accurate, but we will see hordes of people who have never voted SF in their life but are considering doing so for the first time, or who have only just voted for them for the first time, go to considerable and fantastical lengths to defend lowly councillors from Monaghan who go to Lanzarote and politicians who attend political rallies to celebrate the life of a criminal thug.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,817 ✭✭✭blackwhite

List them please.
    first you tried to pretend we were all comparing who broke travel restrictions

You posted asking was Charlie Flanagan from Mayo - I responded to that. I didn't "pretend" anything, but never let the truth stop you from strawmanning anyway
    Stopped reading after Clifden, you like many others want to keep comparing Clifden/Funeral instead of Funeral/Funeral.

My first mention of Clifden on this thread was responding to this doozie from your good self
    P
    The shinners maybe should have put a partition up in the graveyard, seems like the lads (including a cabinet minister, a Supreme Judge and the head of the covid response) thought it was adequate for them?

But keep up the strawmanning - shows you for what you are time and again.

jm08 wrote: »
    From what I understand, Bobby Storey would have a similar standing in SF as Michael Collins has in Fine Gael.
    ]

I think that may say more about your understanding than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Superfoods

Chiparus wrote: »
    A couple of meaning two, ie a couple of hundred , meaning 200.

Where I am from a couple of hundred can be 2,3,4 hundred.....just a saying.....

So first you though it was just people thought "Sinn Fein breaking rules is not an issue" and when that got blown away, it's straight back up, and carry-on with a different approach?

Can you pick a stance and try and stick with it, the room surely must be spinning at this stage too?

Can you answer a question? if the answer is no then why on you on here all day?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,876 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Superfoods wrote: »
    Where I am from a couple of hundred can be 2,3,4 hundred.....just a saying.....

Can I work for you instead of the Shinners? :) Lucky dip every week, a 'couple' of hundred is upwards of two hundred...cool!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

The posts, have been shifted lads and lassies.
    Funerals are OK, rules don't apply.
    Just golfing dinners.

The posts, have been shifted lads and lassies.
    Funerals are OK, rules don't apply.
    Just golfing dinners.

Rules only apply to SF funerals seems to be the point being made.

• Advertisement

Rules only apply to SF funerals seems to be the point being made.

Not so and you know it.

Not so and you know it.

We all ignored the obvious breaches of guidelines at the State funeral...everyone, Until there was a SF funeral that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭piplip87

If Storey was cremated then why was there a large gathering in Miltown ?

We should stop calling this part a funeral. It was a political rally after a funeral.

If SF reps as they said stuck to guidelines then why attend Miltown ?

SF organised a political rally after a funeral.

There is a major problem with the political class in this country .

Hypocrisy, disregard for public health and down right lying. Jaysus we needa few new parties

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Did Ireland have an outbreak of Covid at Michael Collins funeral? no

Bobby Storey was no Michael Collins and its an awful insult to put the in the same sentance to be honest. But that is a different matter.

They were both intelligence officers of the IRA! Both very clever operators. I suggest you read up about ''The Squad'' before you decide that Michael Collins wasn't a ruthless operator who would have had a problem killing anyone, male or female if they got in the way of achiveing an Irish Republic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Squad_(Irish_Republican_Army_unit)

The fact is the funernal happened during a lock down or during guidelines not to travel etc. So Sinn Fein should not have attended.

From what I hear, the travel restrictions were lifted the day before Bobby Storey's funeral. What you mean is that Mary Lou or Pearse Doherty should not have travelled.

If they wanted to attend then Michelle who is the representative in the North should have attended alone to pass on Sinn Fein condolences,.
    He was one of Gerry Adams' best friends! Should he not have been allowed. What you seem to forget is that this man was very popular in West Belfast and people were going to come out and pay homage anyway.

Anything else is wrong and should have been stopped by Mary Lou. Not have Mary Lou standing with all of them breaking the guidelines. It is terrible leadership no matter what angle you try to put it. She is the one saying she want to lead Ireland, will she lead it as long as it suits her?

Mary Lou already had Covid so she wasn't a risk of either spreading it or getting it.

piplip87 wrote: »
    If Storey was cremated then why was there a large gathering in Miltown ?

We should stop calling this part a funeral. It was a political rally after a funeral.

If SF reps as they said stuck to guidelines then why attend Miltown ?

SF organised a political rally after a funeral.

There is a major problem with the political class in this country .

Hypocrisy, disregard for public health and down right lying. Jaysus we needa few new parties

Its part of republican custom to have an oration at the graveside. From what I've seen of that on youtube, at least social distancing rules seemed to be in operation and it was in the open.

They were both intelligence officers of the IRA! Both very clever operators. I suggest you read up about ''The Squad'' before you decide that Michael Collins wasn't a ruthless operator who would have had a problem killing anyone, male or female if they got in the way of achiveing an Irish Republic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Squad_(Irish_Republican_Army_unit)

From what I hear, the travel restrictions were lifted the day before Bobby Storey's funeral. What you mean is that Mary Lou or Pearse Doherty should not have travelled.

He was one of Gerry Adams' best friends! Should he not have been allowed. What you seem to forget is that this man was very popular in West Belfast and people were going to come out and pay homage anyway.

Mary Lou already had Covid so she wasn't a risk of either spreading it or getting it.

The PIRA and the IRA are completely different. I know Sinn Fein can't seem to tell the difference but thats the truth

Who said once you have Covid you can't spread it? that was an old wives tale which was debunked along with the "I had it once I am grand now"

Why are you talking about Gerry Adams, I thought he was no longer part of Sinn Fein? I am talking about Mary Lou etc.

The PIRA and the IRA are completely different. I know Sinn Fein can't seem to tell the difference but thats the truth,

How are they different? Both were ruthless organisations. FFS, the Pro-treaty Gov. executed 80+ of their former comrades (including Erskine Childers). The Brits were not as ruthless as that!

Who said once you have Covid you can't spread it? that was an old wives tale which was debunked along with the "I had it once I am grand now"

Any scientific evidence such as people getting it twice or people who were thought to be clear, passing it on to someone else?

Why are you talking about Gerry Adams, I thought he was no longer part of Sinn Fein? I am talking about Mary Lou etc.

Because it was stated by someone that Michelle O'Neill should have been the only Sinn Fein person to attend!

Because it was stated by someone that Michelle O'Neill should have been the only Sinn Fein person to attend!

Gerry Adams is not Sinn Fein or so we are told. So what difference does it make if he attended or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

How are they different? Both were ruthless organisations. FFS, the Pro-treaty Gov. executed 80+ of their former comrades (including Erskine Childers). The Brits were not as ruthless as that!

Any scientific evidence such as people getting it twice or people who were thought to be clear, passing it on to someone else?

Yes.

https://www.rte.ie/amp/1161037/

Also pretty bizarre asking how the IRA and PIRA are any different when earlier in the thread you asked posters if they understood the difference between the PIRA and RIRA.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Yes.

https://www.rte.ie/amp/1161037/

Also pretty bizarre asking how the IRA and PIRA are any different when earlier in the thread you asked posters if they understood the difference between the PIRA and RIRA.

Stop posting the truth, they can’t handle it.

• Advertisement

SafeSurfer wrote: »

The first (and only) reinfection was reported yesterday!

They can all claim heritage from the IRA. Most of them changed though to a peaceful route. Thats the difference between the PIRA and RIRA - one has chosen the political route now and one hasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Irishman80

Their friends went around killing and maiming innocent people in the North and now they won't provide a compensation scheme for these people.

These innocent people "colluded" with the British and helped fight Britain's "dirty war" in the North. What type of a piece of s--t would say that?

https://www.thejournal.ie/sdlp-calls-on-sinn-fein-to-urgently-address-mlas-comments-about-pensions-for-injured-troubles-victims-5186258-Aug2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Irishman80 wrote: »
    Their friends went around killing and maiming innocent people in the North and now they won't provide a compensation scheme for these people.

These innocent people "colluded" with the British and helped fight Britain's "dirty war" in the North. What type of a piece of s--t would say that?

https://www.thejournal.ie/sdlp-calls-on-sinn-fein-to-urgently-address-mlas-comments-about-pensions-for-injured-troubles-victims-5186258-Aug2020/

Pretty grim stuff from Anderson, but what would you expect? It’s more of the hierarchy of victimhood that’s so ingrained in their culture. Some fücking sociopathic killer from the PIRA ranks is deemed more suitable for compensation in their eyes than the thousands of people left maimed, disfigured, and psychologically scarred as a result of atrocities carried out by their armed wing.

What a depressing tweet. What a grim party.

Once again the mask slips

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0826/1161323-victims-tweet-troubles/

"However, Ms Anderson yesterday posted a tweet saying the pensions were mainly for those who fought Britain's "dirty war" in Ireland and mainly for those involved in collusion."

As Colum Eastwood says "The comments made by Martina Anderson this evening are unacceptable, disgusting and grossly insulting to hundreds of victims who sustained life-changing physical and psychological injuries related to Troubles incidents."

This is unbelievable stuff. Yet, I am sure that we will have posters on here defending her just as there will be Shinnerbots over on Twitter attacking anyone who points this out. However, it once again shows that the cheap veneer of respectability that Sinn Fein cover themselves with hides the deeply-held sectarian and bigoted views of its public representatives. From the idiot with the bread to the racist councillor from Tallaght taking in the primitive celebrations in the RDS and from the Waterford thug to this latest incident, there is a pattern.

It will be interesting to see whether any action will be taken. The last few months have seen a sea-change in Irish politics led by the new Government whereby resignations occur when there is perceived wrongdoing. Over to Sinn Fein to show that they also are part of this new politics.

Interesting question came to me here, were SF represented at Garda Horkans funeral, and if not why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

blanch152 wrote: »
    Once again the mask slips

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0826/1161323-victims-tweet-troubles/

"However, Ms Anderson yesterday posted a tweet saying the pensions were mainly for those who fought Britain's "dirty war" in Ireland and mainly for those involved in collusion."

As Colum Eastwood says "The comments made by Martina Anderson this evening are unacceptable, disgusting and grossly insulting to hundreds of victims who sustained life-changing physical and psychological injuries related to Troubles incidents."

This is unbelievable stuff. Yet, I am sure that we will have posters on here defending her just as there will be Shinnerbots over on Twitter attacking anyone who points this out. However, it once again shows that the cheap veneer of respectability that Sinn Fein cover themselves with hides the deeply-held sectarian and bigoted views of its public representatives. From the idiot with the bread to the racist councillor from Tallaght taking in the primitive celebrations in the RDS and from the Waterford thug to this latest incident, there is a pattern.

It will be interesting to see whether any action will be taken. The last few months have seen a sea-change in Irish politics led by the new Government whereby resignations occur when there is perceived wrongdoing. Over to Sinn Fein to show that they also are part of this new politics.

A disgusting statement by Anderson. Was the poor girl who had both legs blown off involved in collusion? Any Shinner who could support Anderson in this statement would show exactly the level of scum in that party

Edgware wrote: »
    A disgusting statement by Anderson. Was the poor girl who had both legs blown off involved in collusion? Any Shinner who could support Anderson in this statement would show exactly the level of scum in that party

Dont worry Mary Lou has spoken to her.

Mary Lou is starting to look like a bigger idiot than Michael martin. Not a week go past without one of her minions dropping her in the s**t and she doesn't even have the power to do anything about them

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Sean.3516

Sinn Fein are moral degenerates and always have been.

Nothing is more toxic and more degrading to the politics of this island than the culture of IRA apologism promoted by Sinn Fein.

Anyone who was a member of the IRA (or any paramilitary of either side) ought to be excluded from that pension. Murderers, all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Sean.3516

Are Sinners being deliberately obtuse by conflating the "Old" War of Independence era IRA with the PIRA of The Troubles?

There are many differences between the two but the most important difference was that the Old IRA was recognised as the legitimate army of the democratically elected Dail Eireann.

It existed from 1919 until 1922 when the Irish Republic was reorganised into the Irish Free State. Any groups claiming to be the IRA after that point (OIRA, PIRA etc.) were rogue organisations that had no mandate whatsoever from the Irish government to engage in military operations against Britain. In other words, they were criminals and terrorists.

• Advertisement

Sean.3516 wrote: »
    Are Sinners being deliberately obtuse by conflating the "Old" War of Independence era IRA with the PIRA of The Troubles?

It is an easier sell in the US 1916, Michael Collins etc. That's why you see pictures of Mary Lou standing with painting of 1916 members etc.

It's optics which works for the US fundraisers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement