Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

maccored wrote: »
    i see you arent arguing the fact that SF have tried to form a government with FF and FF refuses to talk to them.
    Oh boo hoo hoo, the big boys won't play with SF?

What are SF doing to fix this other than complaining? If it's a coalition, does SF realise that they will need to compromise?

Any attempts to address the issues the other parties have with SF? Any attempts to put forward offers to the other parties?

Where's this grand coalition of the left, or are they all still refusing to meet each other? How do you expect to be a stable government, when you can't even agree to meet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

what are you talking about?

Its been stated SF have vanished, havent been trying to set up a govn etc etc. Ive pointed out this untruth to that line of thought.

meantime you waffle on about the conservatives. You deserve the Whataboutery Award for that one

No you stated that FF and FG wouldn't talk to SF and as such had "made it clear they have no time for democracy".

I'm wondering if you apply such logic to SF. It's clear you don't. You engage in the usual SF hypocrisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

hmmm wrote: »
    Oh boo hoo hoo, the big boys won't play with SF?

What are SF doing to fix this other than complaining? If it's a coalition, does SF realise that they will need to compromise?

Any attempts to address the issues the other parties have with SF? Any attempts to put forward offers to the other parties?

Where's this grand coalition of the left, or are they all still refusing to meet each other? How do you expect to be a stable government, when you can't even agree to meet?

whos boo hooing?

SF have tried - pretend they havent all you want. FF and FG decided to keep the toys to themselves and people like you whinge SF arent doing anything. Laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,942 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

TheCitizen wrote: »
    The other parties would have weighed in if FF or FG agreed to a deal with SF. There was no point otherwise.

Of the other parties I think only Labour were the ones coming out with that old "we won't do business with SF" schtick.

Anyway the deals been done to suit FF primarily, they will be the senior partner, and there's the quid pro quo that FF backed FG in the Confidence and Supply government. So FG owe them one and FG will also take the gamble that as a "party of government" perhaps they can recover some ground while keeping some of their Ministerial gigs etc.

Actually some parties were saying the complete opposite. PBP (otherwise known as the Irish Monster Raving Looney Party) will only go into coalition with Sinn Fein if they reject the two other main parties. To suggest that the others will come on board if FF and FG do is simply wrong.

No you stated that FF and FG wouldn't talk to SF and as such had "made it clear they have no time for democracy".

I'm wondering if you apply such logic to SF. It's clear you don't. You engage in the usual SF hypocrisy.

ff and fg clearly dont have time for democracy. they dont care that people want change in the country. if you cant understand the link between what people want and democracy then your problem fella, not mine. Its not just people who voted for SF - its the people who didnt vote for FF and FF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,942 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

i see you arent arguing the fact that SF have tried to form a government with FF and FF refuses to talk to them.

Sinn Fein don't need either of them, there are still around 86 TDs available, why aren't they talking to them?

ff and fg clearly dont have time for democracy. they dont care that people want change in the country. if you cant understand the link between what people want and democracy then your problem fella, not mine. Its not just people who voted for SF - its the people who didnt vote for FF and FF

Oh my days! More people would be happy with FF and FG in government considering more people voted for those 2 parties then SF. In the run up to the election both parties were quite insistent that they wouldn't go into government with SF. So, if anything, they are holding on to the promise made to the electorate and as such the people who voted for them. Au contraire, it seems you don't quite get the link between what people want and democracy.

SF didn't solely get the largest number of seats, least enough to solely govern. They have no divine right to be in government. No party has to speak to them if they don't want to. There is nothing undemocratic about that. It seems you have a problem more with our electoral system then anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

That’s a funny way of trying to form a government with FF and FG when the very first Statement made by Mary Lou on the Sunday following the count was to specifically exclude FG and FF in their proposed talks with other parties. The problem here was that that statement was made when even a retard could see that was absolutely out of the question numbers wise

Kinda hard to take her seriously after that . could you trust her to keep her gob shut during real negotiations in Europe ? Amateur stuff

SF came back to FF with their tail between their legs. The time had long past for SF

blanch152 wrote: »
    Sinn Fein don't need either of them, there are still around 86 TDs available, why aren't they talking to them?

are you pretending they havent been?

That’s a funny way of trying to form a government with FF and FG when the very first Statement made by Mary Lou on the Sunday following the count was to specifically exclude FG and FF in their proposed talks with other parties. The problem here was that that statement was made when even a retard could see that was absolutely out of the question numbers wise

Kinda hard to take her seriously after that . You could trust her to keep her gob shut during real negotiations in Europe

SF came back to FF with their tail between their legs. The time had long past for SF

you obviously werent listening. she said people asked for change and didnt want FF or FG - but did that stop her trying to get a government together? No, it didnt. Did it stop people like you talking **** ? no it didnt do that either

• Advertisement

Oh my days! More people would be happy with FF and FG in government considering more people voted for those 2 parties then SF. In the run up to the election both parties were quite insistent that they wouldn't go into government with SF. So, if anything, they are holding on to the promise made to the electorate and as such the people who voted for them. Au contraire, it seems you don't quite get the link between what people want and democracy.

SF didn't solely get the largest number of seats, least enough to solely govern. They have no divine right to be in government. No party has to speak to them if they don't want to. There is nothing undemocratic about that. It seems you have a problem more with our electoral system then anything.

I see you forgot to read my post. as I said, its not who voted for SF but who didnt vote for FF and FG. There - thats the second time I typed that. Maybe you could move that massive anti SF chip you have on your shoulder so you can read better.

why not just go and read up on some facts first. thered be less **** in this thread with others trying to correct the rubbish that gets posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Many SF supporters here said the numbers aren't there.

Now you agree they are?

I see you forgot to read my post. as I said, its not who voted for SF but who didnt vote for FF and FG. There - thats the second time I typed that. Maybe you could move that massive anti SF chip you have on your shoulder so you can read better.

What about those who didn't vote FF and FG. If they didn't vote those parties, why would they want them in government, with or without SF? None of this explains how FF or FG are being undemocratic by not speaking to SF anyhow.

As I've said, your problem is with our electoral system.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

Its hardly unreasonable if someone is paying tax/prsi here to get back,what they put in??

If they arent paying tax/prsi hard to see any future in this grievence

Agreed but, strange as it may seem, the rule seems to be that it's the country of residence that picks up the tab. Either way, I can't see why SF should insist we pick up the whole tab for all cross-border commuters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

According to everyone on this thread, SF are not talking to them.

So you are seemingly the beacon of truth, which is?
    A. they are talking with them but cant manage to strike a deal with any of them?
    B. Not talking to them at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

you obviously werent listening. she said people asked for change and didnt want FF or FG - but did that stop her trying to get a government together? No, it didnt. Did it stop people like you talking **** ? no it didnt do that either

You obviously live in la la land ! Attention span ain’t great either

Here’s what Mary Lou also waffled out on 9the February at the RDS

“I want us to have a new government for the people ,ideally without Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil in it”

And

“The best outcome is a government without Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil , that the first thing I went to test”

To any half wit, her statement was crystal clear, but the criticism is that the actual seats return at that point did not support her change bs .

She tried to form a government to their exclusion, which is fair enough, but then she came back to FF with her tail between her legs whinging . Anyone with some ounce of intelligence knew that a left coalition with head bangers from people before progress and Labour sitting out was never on the cards , and SF and Labournhave always been hostile towards each other

Amateurs ! . Had they not being so mathematically retarded ,she would never have made those statements ,knowing full well it would come back to bite her

As pointed out multiple times, this so called change that the left are waffling on a bout it is bloody farce . No such change occurred, the results from the most recent elections were inconclusive .

Ff and FG combined don’t need that much work to get another government going . Out of the 19 Independents they can secure with relative ease , 10 of them .. once enough carrots are dangled before the Green Party ,they’d be in

It ain’t in FFs interest to do any of these deals anyway, and they’d take their risk of going back to the electorate . If they are ****ed in the long term, I agree with the assessment of another poster who made that point (it might have been you)

There would be some in FG content enough to go to the opposition benches considering the **** storms that are coming with recession and Brexit

Covid is now in the way, which suits ff and FG but there’s going to be another election by the end of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

10% of the electorate voted for change ( this was the increase in SF support).

You could argue maybe another 5% voted for change through the Greens, representing their increased vote. Although this has dropped back in recent opinion polls.

So at a push we are talking 15% of the population voted for change. That means 85% did not vote for any change whatsoever.

And bear in mind the Greens and the Shinners have largely incompatible policy platforms (one pro carbon tax the other anti carbon tax)...so even within that 15% they couldn't agree what change they wanted.

Change my ar*e.

Many SF supporters here said the numbers aren't there.

Now you agree they are?

what? technically the numbers might be there but the numbers might not all agree with each other. do you really need that pointed out?

You obviously live in la la land ! Attention span ain’t great either

Here’s what Mary Lou also waffled out on 9the February at the RDS

“I want us to have a new government for the people ,ideally without Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil in it”

And

“The best outcome is a government without Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil , that the first thing I went to test”

To any half wit, her statement was crystal clear, but the criticism is that the actual seats return at that point did not support her change bs .

She tried to form a government to their exclusion, which is fair enough, but then she came back to FF with her tail between her legs whinging . Anyone with some ounce of intelligence knew that a left coalition with head bangers from people before progress and Labour sitting out was never on the cards , and SF and Labournhave always been hostile towards each other

Amateurs ! . Had they not being so mathematically retarded ,she would never have made those statements ,knowing full well it would come back to bite her

As pointed out multiple times, this so called change that the left are waffling on a bout it is bloody farce . No such change occurred, the results from the most recent elections were inconclusive .

Ff and FG combined don’t need that much work to get another government going . Out of the 19 Independents they can secure with relative ease , 10 of them .. once enough carrots are dangled before the Green Party ,they’d be in

It ain’t in FFs interest to do any of these deals anyway, and they’d take their risk of going back to the electorate . If they are ****ed in the long term, I agree with the assessment of another poster who made that point (it might have been you)

There would be some in FG content enough to go to the opposition benches considering the **** storms that are coming with recession and Brexit

Covid is now in the way, which suits ff and FG but there’s going to be another election by the end of the year

I dont care where you think i live mr hilarious, the point is SF made efforts to talk to FF. All your waffling and whataboutery cant change that

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    According to everyone on this thread, SF are not talking to them.

So you are seemingly the beacon of truth, which is?
    A. they are talking with them but cant manage to strike a deal with any of them?
    B. Not talking to them at all?

according to everyone on this thread .... where were you when the election results were being counted? because the shinners were out talking to everyone they could. again .... waffle all you want, you cant hide the truth

What about those who didn't vote FF and FG. If they didn't vote those parties, why would they want them in government, with or without SF? None of this explains how FF or FG are being undemocratic by not speaking to SF anyhow.

As I've said, your problem is with our electoral system.

people want change. FF and FG (and obviously those like yourself) dont. If you think talking crap on boards makes that reality any different then you are greatly mistaken

10% of the electorate voted for change ( this was the increase in SF support).

You could argue maybe another 5% voted for change through the Greens, representing their increased vote. Although this has dropped back in recent opinion polls.

So at a push we are talking 15% of the population voted for change. That means 85% did not vote for any change whatsoever.

And bear in mind the Greens and the Shinners have largely incompatible policy platforms (one pro carbon tax the other anti carbon tax)...so even within that 15% they couldn't agree what change they wanted.

Change my ar*e.

Some really poor maths here :D

Shinnernomics is as contagious as cv-19 it seems ww

people want change. FF and FG (and obviously those like yourself) dont. If you think talking crap on boards makes that reality any different then you are greatly mistaken

How is having FF or FG in a government change? I see you still can't back up your claim that FF or FG are acting undemocratically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

according to everyone on this thread .... where were you when the election results were being counted? because the shinners were out talking to everyone they could. again .... waffle all you want, you cant hide the truth

And the thread has descended to a new level of stupidity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

What was concerning recently was to hear of the degree that the Green/Orange divide is affecting NI politics. SF reps reported to be framing the response to the virus pandemic in terms of 'all Ireland' and 'border' arguments.

Whatever the logic of it, can they not give it a rest? Or be more diplomatic? Why do they feel compelled to drive their 'all Ireland' and 'border' agendas continually? At all costs.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    And the thread has descended to a new level of stupidity

you can say that again. well - lets be honest .. the whole thread is a new level of stupidity. It should never have existed in the first place.

How is having FF or FG in a government change? I see you still can't back up your claim that FF or FG are acting undemocratically.

I see you still havent admitted SF have done all they could to put a government together. I've outlined what I meant but it seems to have whooshed over your head.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

BarryD2 wrote: »
    What was concerning recently was to hear of the degree that the Green/Orange divide is affecting NI politics. SF reps reported to be framing the response to the virus pandemic in terms of 'all Ireland' and 'border' arguments.

Whatever the logic of it, can they not give it a rest? Or be more diplomatic? Why do they feel compelled to drive their 'all Ireland' and 'border' agendas continually? At all costs.

We could have the most successful methods of closing this virus down. Meanwhile literally just up the road it’s chaos constantly dealing with it and their overlords in London haven’t a bulls notion what they’re doing and it’s killing thousands of people already no blame to the nhs the Tories have been gutting it for decades.

So we are wasting our time trying to get a handle on our situation if the same approach isn’t applied up north.

It’s absolutely nothing to do w Sinn Fein and their aspirations. It’s common effing sense and many lives could be saved if the DUP would just pull their heads out of their overlords arses

• Advertisement

I see you still havent admitted SF have done all they could to put a government together. I've outlined what I meant but it seems to have whooshed over your head.

Did I ever claim they didn't?

Your claim doesn't make sense. People want change i.e. they want someone other than FF or FG. So how is FF or FG refusing to negotiate with SF stopping that change from happening exactly?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement