Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Did I ever claim they didn't?

Your claim doesn't make sense. People want change i.e. they want someone other than FF or FG. So how is FF or FG refusing to negotiate with SF stopping that change from happening exactly?

Im sorry but Im quite full. i cant really handle any more waffles.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,932 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Did I ever claim they didn't?

Your claim doesn't make sense. People want change i.e. they want someone other than FF or FG. So how is FF or FG refusing to negotiate with SF stopping that change from happening exactly?

FF and FG are not refusing to negotiate with SF for the reasons they state. They are refusing in a last ditch effort to avoid losing control of who governs this state.

They simply don't want a third and equal party in the mix.

Labour don't count btw...they were just a lite version of FG/FF

After all the grandstanding in the election campaign...FF is sitting down to negotiate a coalition with FG after promising not to...and Martin also opened the door to SF when he thought they would be a junior partner.

The moral grandstanding is bull****...it's all about 'control'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭Penfailed

BarryD2 wrote: »
    What was concerning recently was to hear of the degree that the Green/Orange divide is affecting NI politics. SF reps reported to be framing the response to the virus pandemic in terms of 'all Ireland' and 'border' arguments.

Whatever the logic of it, can they not give it a rest? Or be more diplomatic? Why do they feel compelled to drive their 'all Ireland' and 'border' agendas continually? At all costs.

Are you serious?! You don't think an all island approach makes more sense than for the north to blindly follow Boris Johnston's lead? Virus' don't respect borders y'know.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

FF and FG are not refusing to negotiate with SF for the reasons they state. They are refusing in a last ditch effort to avoid losing control of who governs this state.

They simply don't want a third and equal party in the mix.

Labour don't count btw...they were just a lite version of FG/FF

After all the grandstanding in the election campaign...FF is sitting down to negotiate a coalition with FG after promising not to...and Martin also opened the door to SF when he thought they would be a junior partner.

The moral grandstanding is bull****...it's all about 'control'.

Have SF negotiated successfully with any party in Ireland? so if they did try to go into government they would support them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 antonboyle

Pkiernan wrote: »
    I haven't seen or heard anything from Mary Lou, Slab Murphy and other good Republicans in ages.

What's going on?

It's just you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

maccored wrote: »
    Im sorry but Im quite full. i cant really handle any more waffles.

So in other words, your claim that FF and FG have "no time for democracy" is completely bogus.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,942 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

maccored wrote: »
    are you pretending they havent been?

Currently, they aren't. The Greens haven't heard from them for days now. Is Mary-Lou still in self-isolation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

of who governs this state
    Fascinating use of Sinn Féin lingo there from someone claiming to be a recent new voter for them...
    I'd suggest new proof readers ;)

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Fascinating use of Sinn Féin lingo there from someone claiming to be a recent new voter for them...
    I'd suggest new proof readers ;)

Positively weird paranoia there Mort.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Nitrogan

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Have SF negotiated successfully with any party in Ireland? so if they did try to go into government they would support them?

Sinn Fein/IRA fooled young people into committing atrocities for the cause of removing British rule in Ireland, while all the time behaving like a heavily armed murderous criminal organisation. Robbing banks, murdering unarmed Gardai and terrorising non-compliant Irish people.

They sold out that cause with the promise NI would decide it's own affairs with guaranteed Nationalist equal representation. And then stabbed their own people in the back by being too incompetent to work in a two party coalition, leading to three years of direct rule from Westminster right back where they started.

Sinn Fein are not a political party which can operate in a democracy. They have absolutely not negotiating skills without the threat of violence behind them.

Anyone who votes for them has given up on democratic consent as a means of governance.

• Advertisement

Positively weird paranoia there Mort.

Nah!
    Just an astute observation really
    I couldn't care less as you know

Nitrogan wrote: »
    Anyone who votes for them has given up on democratic consent as a means of governance.

What abject nonsense.

Really folks, if you want to stop SF getting stronger and the decline of the power swap parties, you are going to have to do better than this looking down your nose.
    It's beyond pathetic.

What abject nonsense.

Really folks, if you want to stop SF getting stronger and the decline of the power swap parties, you are going to have to do better than this looking down your nose.
    It's beyond pathetic.

They've screwed over the people of NI. They can't even operate in a coalition of two where they are equal partners. There's no way they should be let near government.

Their record speaks for itself.

There are plenty of suspiciously coordinated propagandists out there saying pretty much what you are though.

They've screwed over the people of NI. They can't even operate in a coalition of two where they are equal partners. There's no way they should be let near government.

There are plenty of suspiciously coordinated propagandists out there saying pretty much what you are though.

Look, repeating more nonsense will not help.

You can ignore the actual situation regarding governance in the north and the international agreement between 2 sovereign governments that facilitates it, but the people of the north cannot ignore and election after election choose SF to represent them.

Arrogantly ignoring the problems from a southern higher moral ground just makes you look what you probably are. A fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

FrancieBrady hasnt vanished , that's for sure.

Have you nothing more productive you could be doing other than sitting on boards.ie posting about Sinn Fein all day every day Francie?

Seems an awful waste to have a fella with all the answers tied up this way

Ballso wrote: »
    FrancieBrady hasnt vanished , that's for sure.

Have you nothing more productive you could be doing other than sitting on boards.ie posting about Sinn Fein all day every day Francie?

Seems an awful waste to have a fella with all the answers tied up this way

I've been in the garden since early morning Ballso. Got all my broad beans, lettuce, beetroot and cabbages sown in modules and the beds are well under way. Cheesy enchiladas in the oven and a nice red opened and ready.

You understand how tech works these days, phones etc? Are you on dial up still, on a PC?
    You seem to think this requires someone to sit working on one task all day. :)

You can ignore the actual situation regarding governance in the north and the international agreement between 2 sovereign governments that facilitates it, but the people of the north cannot ignore and election after election choose SF to represent them.

Arrogantly ignoring the problems from a southern higher moral ground just makes you look what you probably are. A fool.

How many people at this stage have you accused of been a fool? more or less every non SF poster according to you is a fool?

Maybe, just maybe the problem isn't with the rest of the posters and with you?

Similar to the point I made before, maybe the problem is with SF and not every other political party, North or South of the border who can't work with them

They carry coffins for people who murder our friends and family.

You're no fool you know exactly who they are though.

What does that make you?

How many people at this stage have you accused of been a fool? more or less every non SF poster according to you is a fool?

Maybe, just maybe the problem isn't with the rest of the posters and with you?

Similar to the point I made before, maybe the problem is with SF and not every other political party, North or South of the border who can't work with them

Very few people are called 'fools' by me. Can't remember the last one actually.

Why do you misrepresent people you disagree with?

That particular argument, that ignores the political reality of the north is particularly foolish imo.

* FG FF and all other parties work just fine with SF on committees and councils across the island.

Open thine eyes.

They carry coffins for people who murder our friends and family.

You're no fool you know exactly who they are though.

What does that make you?

What??? :D:D

• Advertisement

What??? :D:D

You think it's funny?

You think it's funny?

We are discussing governance in the north and you pivot to something about 'carrying coffins' and 'that I know who they are'.

I am laughing at 'what?' the hell you are talking about. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

You think it's funny?

I do. I think it's hilarious that there is still somebody beating this same drum as though it's the first time anyone has ever heard it. Yet they probably blindly still follow the same party their entire life, whilst talking about moving forward, the next generation and the future being bright.
    How far back do we go? Whose life do we choose to delve into to drag out the murkiness?
    Who decides what qualities should be admired or frowned upon from a party that we need? Is corruption an admiral quality? Or should we only frown upon some things, as there are good crimes...
    Absolute nonsense. The crimes that FG weren't found guilty of aren't as bad as the crimes SF weren't found guilty of.. etc..
    Oh... wait... :rolleyes:

I find it very funny.

I am laughing at 'what?' the hell you are talking about. :D:D

You understood but couldn't help yourself. The mask slips every now again.

You understood but couldn't help yourself. The mask slips every now again.

No, sorry...I haven't a clue what you have pivoted to.

Some vague guff about people carrying coffins when we were talking about government? :confused:

Absolutely.

How can anyone stand over their record of governance in NI?

You can't seriously compare NI to the republic
    In NI ,Sinn Féin are constrained by a budget
    Even if they had ALL seats at Stormont,theyd be constrained by the Westminster block grant
    They are not Sovereign, they cannot borrow

In the Republic though,they could do anything they wanted until it became Venezuela if they had a majority
    Venezuela is still an icon for them such that they attended Maduro's inauguration there after that most blessed of free and fair elections he won
    No gerrymandering (that thing rife in NI in the 60s) there at all and of course it's a world leader in tackling homelessness
    Beautiful health service ,no Emigration etc

* FG FF and all other parties work just fine with SF on committees and councils across the island.

Open thine eyes.

you keep saying this but yet to provide any examples?

Where do they work together?

you keep saying this but yet to provide any examples?

Where do they work together?

Every local authority in the country. Government committees. Shock horror they even work with them were SF are in the majority.

You do know what these things are?

• Advertisement

Every local authority in the country. Government committees. Shock horror they even work with them were SF are in the majority.

You do know what these things are?

SF won over 9% in the local elections, they have 80 seats of a total of 949. They only had majority in 2 counties. Louth and Monaghan. Even in Louth they tied with FF at 7 seats.

So come again at that one,......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement