Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Runaways wrote: »
    If we turned this around and it was FG got the largest share of the vote but FF/SF were excluding them from forming a government ....

Can you imagine the heads here? They’d be apoplectic. Democracy is being overturned!

And they’d be right.

But it’s only happening to SF so it’s grand.

Nobody is excluded so grow up....

The parties negotiate, as myself and other have pointed out SF don’t know how to negotiate with any party, this has been shown with DUP and now with all the parties in South.

So the issue is SF not every other party on this island

So we are 30 pages in and what we have confirmed

SF, according to SF supporters, are been bullied by every other party on the island of Ireland. North and South
    Power sharing is not really power sharing if anything bad happens, then it’s someone else’s faults

In face the whole thread is SF fans explaining why everything is someone else’s fault....poor SF.......who ever said SF was a point the finger party

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Nobody is excluded so grow up....

The parties negotiate, as myself and other have pointed out SF don’t know how to negotiate with any party, this has been shown with DUP and now with all the parties in South.

So the issue is SF not every other party on this island

You’re not tiresome. You’re just poorly informed. Or willfully so maybe.

Both Fg and Ff have ruled out govt with SF

Have you not been paying attention?

And around and around we go.

Ps shef. The constant little barbs from yourself and certain other accounts are eerily the same.
    Mix it up or give it over will you? You’re full of sh!t and you prove that every post. But I could take you more seriously if it wasn’t for the childish schoolyard stuff in your Every. Single. Post.

You’re not tiresome. You’re just poorly informed. Or willfully so maybe.

Both Fg and Ff have ruled out govt with SF

Have you not been paying attention?

And around and around we go.

Ps shef. The constant little barbs from yourself and certain other accounts are eerily the same.
    Mix it up or give it over will you? You’re full of sh!t and you prove that every post. But I could take you more seriously if it wasn’t for the childish schoolyard stuff in your Every. Single. Post.

If you are going to list out parties, then best to list out all the ones that won't work with SF

I will start
    FF, FG, Socail Dec, Labour, PBP, Green, Independents and ??? not sure if I missed anyone

In the mood to watch a meltdown :)

Pearse Doherty in conversation with David McWilliams :)

I suggest all you FG fanbots watch and Listen if you can.
    This is what coming. But FG will of course be late to the thought and will claim it was their plan all along. And you’ll complain about it now but no doubt applaud it when it comes :)

https://www.facebook.com/sinnfein/videos/645715949307217/?vh=e&d=n

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

markodaly wrote: »
    I think many voters may have voters remorse when it comes to SF and when this emergency dies down over the next 3-6 months, people will want stability and a strong economy... that means a shift back to FF and FG.

Have you read the irishcentral report about Leo using the Covid-19 crisis to cling to power?

When this emergency dies down and people get a chance to have a reflection on how this crisis was handled Leo is not going to emerge smelling of roses.

How many flights arrived into the country from the U.K. in the last fortnight alone?

How many will arrive today?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

If you are going to list out parties, then best to list out all the ones that won't work with SF

I will start
    FF, FG, Socail Dec, Labour, PBP, Green, Independents and ??? not sure if I missed anyone

None of whom can form a government and none of whom will go in with FFG either so that’s a really rather redundant scramble to make a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭joeguevara

This is what coming. But FG will of course be late to the thought and will claim it was their plan all along. And you’ll complain about it now but no doubt applaud it when it comes :)

I think Pearse is great and agree with most things he says. He is the best orator in SF and one of the best in the country. I disagree with his stance on Insurance companies but that is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things. His raising the AIB issue should be commended. I am a bit lukewarm on McWilliams but his opinions are worthy of analysis. He was one of the first people who opined Trump would be president when everyone else was laughing.

But for the benefit of others, especially those without FB can you outline what you think the discussion outlines ‘is coming’ and what exactly in your opinion do you mean FG supporters will complain about but applaud it later?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,947 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Unbelievable over the top reaction again. Worse than that when somebody mentioned 'testing'. And look what happened there.

An also thrown in there the arrogant...'FG will have thought of all that already' for good measure.

And also out of the ether come several experts in 'pharma'. :)

I had a read of this last night and after reading it I would certainly be making sure questions were being asked about capabilities etc.

And who knows what LoR knows...maybe the 'step up to the plate' remark is aimed at big pharma trying to 'stick the arm in' so to speak, at a time of crisis. Big corporations would never try and profit would they?

In the meantime, calm down folks, do a bit of reading about what is happening outside your clearly very small parishes!

Building up capacity and capabilities to produce simple hygiene and protection products such as masks and disinfectants is comparable easy and can be achieved quickly. We have seen companies transforming - for example, research and development sites into dust-free plants - as well as installing related equipment, completing required R&D, and obtaining a certificate to be allowed to produce face masks within days

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/03/from-perfume-to-hand-sanitiser-tvs-to-face-masks-how-companies-are-changing-track-to-fight-covid-19/?fbclid=IwAR0cAjVOLBpnw9oSTsVs-57x6TAW4IqDTujHBhXjI95bZ0MAHx0jNOHNMt0

None of whom can form a government and none of whom will go in with FFG either so that’s a really rather redundant scramble to make a point.

I think you will find FF and FG of that list are trying to form a government

Fair play to them.....

• Advertisement

I think you will find I have said Pearse is a good politician. SO can Mary Lou when she shuts up.

Problem is the whole party tactics is toxic. Also after Pearse and Mary Lou, what exactly are you left with? a group of people which would reduce the price of your house if they moved in next door :P

Front page of the Irish Times again is a bit embarrassing for our 'it isn't possible' pharma experts this AM.

:):)
    Ireland’s pharmaceutical industry has indicated it is gearing up to produce key ingredients for Covid-19 testing which the State is struggling to source on the international market.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/ireland-s-pharma-industry-gears-up-to-make-key-ingredient-for-covid-19-testing-1.4218334

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

How many flights arrived into the country from the U.K. in the last fortnight alone?

How many will arrive today?

Should we close the border with the UK?

I'm not sure how effective that would be, or how people would react to people travelling from Northern Ireland being refused entry at the border.

Photo opportunities are not leadership.
    Someone tell this clown

https://twitter.com/scrahallia/status/1245496650166083586?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

Front page of the Irish Times again is a bit embarrassing for our 'it isn't possible' pharma experts this AM.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/ireland-s-pharma-industry-gears-up-to-make-key-ingredient-for-covid-19-testing-1.4218334

eh, no one is saying it isn't possible - there are parts of the pharma sector well positioned to make a contribution, and a significant one. Also, any excess in production, not required to fulfill existing contracts, can be directed towards the local market - but this takes time. Even if you have surplus plant capacity, you need to recruit and, perhaps, train operatives, validate processes, source raw materials and pre-cursors (or make them) etc etc etc

What people are saying is that the ignorant utterings of SF are suggesting that all the pharma sector can pivot towards this one health threat - not for the first time (and undoubtedly not for the last), this demonstrates, on the part of SF, a significant failure to grasp the nature of the sector and how it operates.

Which would make you fear for the future - no company will pull out if we get an SF-led government, but dollars to doughnuts you'll see no new investment, no expansion, no new products, no new projects or upgrades and a general slow decline of the sector.

Phoebas wrote: »
    Should we close the border with the UK?

I'm not sure how effective that would be, or how people would react to people travelling from Northern Ireland being refused entry at the border.

Did I say we should close the border?

I asked how many flights have arrived in the last fortnight alone and how many are due to arrive today?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

eh, no one is saying it isn't possible - there are parts of the pharma sector well positioned to make a contribution, and a significant one. Also, any excess in production, not required to fulfill existing contracts, can be directed towards the local market - but this takes time. Even if you have surplus plant capacity, you need to recruit and, perhaps, train operatives, validate processes, source raw materials and pre-cursors (or make them) etc etc etc

What people are saying is that the ignorant utterings of SF are suggesting that all the pharma sector can pivot towards this one health threat - not for the first time (and undoubtedly not for the last), this demonstrates, on the part of SF, a significant failure to grasp the nature of the sector and how it operates.

Which would make you fear for the future - no company will pull out if we get an SF-led government, but dollars to doughnuts you'll see no new investment, no expansion, no new products, no new projects or upgrades and a general slow decline of the sector.

What the ****?

Who said that?

You guys got your arses handed to you again.

'Pharma can't do this and can't do that' etc etc.

Link after link showing that it can indeed adapt in some areas.
    A pharma plant in Ireland is getting ready to 'step up' production if the HSE and NHS sign contracts
    And now this morning

Pharma plants 'gearing up' to produce key ingredients.

Just stop digging those holes.

Did I say we should close the border?

I asked how many flights have arrived in the last fortnight alone and how many are due to arrive today?

Just on that

We’re building test centers all over the country

But not at Dublin or Shannon airport

Why??

That would make all the sense in the world. Especially if we’re not gonna full close down. And we’re not doing it.

Baffling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

That's been happening since day one
    Though your Health spokeswoman is going on as if it isn't
    As for testing, we were among the most tested in the world until reagents ran out
    No justification for complaints there on a tiny island, but carry on, davycc is ready to thank, you might be able to do his remotely?

An unnecessary Dail sitting today too, caused by Sinn Fein
    Great example

• Advertisement

Just on that

Why??

That would make all the sense in the world. Especially if we’re not gonna full close down. And we’re not doing it.

Baffling

I suspect that will come but after current restrictions are lifted and only if Belfast follows suit

Mortelaro wrote: »
    That's been happening since day one
    Though your Health spokeswoman is going on as if it isn't
    As for testing, we were among the most tested in the world until reagents ran out
    No justification for complaints there on a tiny island, but carry on, davycc is ready to thank, you might be able to do his remotely?

An unnecessary Dail sitting today too, caused by Sinn Fein
    Great example

No justification for complaints?

Wow! Just wow.

* Leo got more people together for his PR stunt pic than will probably be in the Dáil today. :):)

Just on that

Why??

Baffling

We all have our part to play but Leo needs to lead by example and has really left the country down with his approach to air travel into our country.

As you say, baffling.

Is Irish Central now some sort of greqt journalism?

Just wondering why it is been posted so many times?

I always thought it was a bit of touchy feely Irish stuff for the expats? about how great the "craic" is in Ireland?

Yes it is embarrassing, for you!!

Did you even read the article or just the headline and posted it? which seems to be an all too common occurance on SF threads

I always thought it was a bit of touchy feely Irish stuff for the expats? about how great the "craic" is in Ireland?

Did you read the piece?

Read it and tell us what you think.

Its mostly a residue of oirish American types who used and who some maybe still contribute to getting the occupying forces out of Ireland
    Ergo, as useful a source for unbiased commentary as an Phoblacht

Yes it is embarrassing, for you!!

Did you even read the article or just the headline and posted it? which seems to be an all too common occurance on SF threads

Eh...I quoted the relevant bit of the article, you know the bit that rubbishes what was being said here last night?
    Ireland’s pharmaceutical industry has indicated it is gearing up to produce key ingredients for Covid-19 testing which the State is struggling to source on the international market.

Ireland's Pharma indiustry is at capacity...it cannot produce more or gear up...we were told last night by 'pharma experts' who appeared on thread.

Is the Irish Times too 'touchy feely Irish stuff' too?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

What the ****?

Who said that?

You guys got your arses handed to you again.

'Pharma can't do this and can't do that' etc etc.

Link after link showing that it can indeed adapt in some areas.
    A pharma plant in Ireland is getting ready to 'step up' production if the HSE and NHS sign contracts
    And now this morning

Pharma plants 'gearing up' to produce key ingredients.

Just stop digging those holes.

Ok, to explain - the pharma sector is not one big homogenous lump - read the EMA links I posted in response to one of your earlier replies and you'll get a flavour for just how diverse the sector is.

Some plants and some equipment can be re-tasked to Covid-19 relevant work, as in the story you posted.

That's about reagents - but you can make all the reagent you want, it still doesn't mean it will be any use to you unless you can get all the other bits to make up a test kit, then distribute them, have a testing infrastructure (including trained testers) and, crucially, enough labs and staff to examine the kits.

It's a bit like making petrol - you can have millions of litres in a refinery, but unless there is some way to distribute it, and some way to use it then it's useless.

Sorry, that's as simple as I can make it.

Now it seems we'll be making enough reagent, but where are the rest of the kit elements going to come from?

• Advertisement

Wish we had more of this. Great to see a journalist from outside the bubble actually tell it like it is.
    We have little more than mouthpieces here currently. Repeating what they’re told rather than asking hard questions.
    All too cosy and close to each other and the parties

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement