Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Runaways wrote: »
    Irish central is based in and predominately aimed at Americans of Irish descent and Irish immigrants.
    Adjust your settings and read it through that lens and it’ll make more sense.

It has been used in this thread as the voice of reason not for the above reason.

Irish Times said exactly the same 6 days before the, but you said that Irish media won’t rock the boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,948 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Even Dyson - a company to be admired in many respects, even if the politics of the man himself are repugnant - struggled with developing their CoVent, and are having to take it through prototyping and assessment - which will take months, even for them with all their background in innovation and "air" handling.

I'd also bet that even they will hit significant potholes on the way and even after it has been deployed.

AGAIN Sultan...nobody was talking about the level of difficulties or challenges here.
    What was dismissed was a call to them to 'step up to the plate'.

As we now know some of them are indeed stepping up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Irish central is based in and predominately aimed at Americans of Irish descent and Irish immigrants.
    Adjust your settings and read it through that lens and it’ll make more sense.

You mean its aimed at plastic paddys who have gra for the home country, in money and arms?

Irish-Americans of old loved a bit of romantic nonsense about the struggle and all that. SF can thank their lucky stars that the signed the GFA prior to 9/11 otherwise the Provo defeat would have been even bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

The lunatics out there in my own circles trying to connect 5G to this virus and Brian cancer has been something else. I wouldn’t worry about comments sections.
    Dunno if you’d heard but Fg have hired an army of bots to troll comments sections and anyone criticizing FG.
    It’s happening the past week. Wouldn’t have been noticed except the same accounts are all over FGs tweets etc congratulating them on such a great job.
    Cos @MAGA38463846837 really suddenly cares about Simon Harris performance this week.

Yeah, that's been debunked - http://www.nathancunn.com/2020-04-01-fine-gael/

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

Ballso...ever hear of researching before opening your mouth to protect?

That's exactly what happened here...never occurred to the people who characterised a simple call from a politician as 'mouthing off' to research the topic and see what was actually happening in the sector.

What do you know about research? You an expert on scientific and clinical research too now?

Hint: you aren't. You aren't an expert on anything.

• Advertisement

There are at least three Irish journalists of note have picked up on it and two planning to investigate it.

But yeah. We’re all imagining it.

Try harder.

Which Irish journalists? Where did you see that they are planning to investigate it?

Mary Lou was getting a head cold checked out on 26th March ......... 02nd April she's still under the weather.

Poor lady.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

markodaly wrote: »
    How do you know FG hired them?
    Source or GTFO

It was Leo’s idea. It got quite a bit of coverage. You don’t remember?

Have a look through the replies to this one tweet

https://twitter.com/simonharristd/status/1244311190504964103?s=21

https://twitter.com/majwal7/status/1244585565670047745?s=21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

AGAIN Sultan...nobody was talking about the level of difficulties or challenges here.

Are you looking for a job with Donald Trump
    What companies that should be are not 'stepping up to the plate' as you say
    We'll park your insistence that some were saying it was impossible for now

Just deal with that point
    Name them

markodaly wrote: »
    You mean its aimed at plastic paddys who have gra for the home country, in money and arms?

Irish-Americans of old loved a bit of romantic nonsense about the struggle and all that. SF can thank their lucky stars that the signed the GFA prior to 9/11 otherwise the Provo defeat would have been even bigger.

Provo defeat? Struggle?

Are you talking to us from the early 80s or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Even Dyson - a company to be admired in many respects, even if the politics of the man himself are repugnant - struggled with developing their CoVent, and are having to take it through prototyping and assessment - which will take months, even for them with all their background in innovation and "air" handling.

I'd also bet that even they will hit significant potholes on the way and even after it has been deployed.
    Exactly.
    McClaren threw their hat at the ventilators and found it too complex to make so started manufacturing a valve that’s needed for the inflated hoods . Producing a product that compiles with regulations to a certain standard takes a long time to achieve and companies are doing their best .

Ballso wrote: »
    What do you know about research? You an expert on scientific and clinical research too now?

Hint: you aren't. You aren't an expert on anything.

Dear me...you guys never know when to stop.

I researched what Pharma companies are doing.

You don't need any scientific and clinical 'expertise' to read that Pharma companies are 'stepping up production' (link to that supplied) and that they are 'switching production' in plants because of Covid-19 (link provided)

I suggest you do more reading Ballso.

Exactly.
    McClaren threw their hat at the ventilators and found it too complex to make so started manufacturing a valve that’s needed for the inflated hoods . Producing a product that compiles with regulations to a certain standard takes a long time to achieve and companies are doing their best .

Sinn Fein and People Against Progress are going to step up and convert their constituency offices into ventilator production facilities, be grand

So gloss over my post and just skip past the inconvenient one that you couldn't answer?

This one....
    Ok, and what in your opinion are the difficulties and logistics issues and how will they be overcome?

Don't stop now - you felt secure enough to say the pharma sector could "step-up" - so how can they step-up (reagent production aside) and what are the constraining factors or barriers stopping them from stepping up and/or taking a bigger step up?

I'm only asking because I work in the medical device area and I'm hoping for some ideas I can pass off as my own :D

Should we swap over (step up) to doing Covid-19 work or just beetle away with what we're doing?

Let me ask you a simpler question then seen as you are not (or cannot) answer the above.....

.....if a pharma facility can produce Covid-19 relevant material should it? Should it cease routine production and go fully on to Covid-19 products? And what is your opinion of the opportunity costs involved? Should people suffering from other health conditions just suck-iti-up until Covid-19 has been better controlled?

joeguevara wrote: »
    Which Irish journalists? Where did you see that they are planning to investigate it?

https://twitter.com/boucherhayes/status/1244897603822800901?s=21

https://twitter.com/shanebeattynews/status/1244901322064834560?s=21

There are at least three Irish journalists of note have picked up on it and two planning to investigate it.

But yeah. We’re all imagining it.

Try harder.

Actually, Philip Boucher-Hayes deleted his tweet on the topic.

Anyway, as Nathan Cunn noted
    The pretext of the suspicion is ludicrous: Fine Gael have invested money in bot Twitter accounts capable of generating grammatically correct and contextually sensible messages of support, but can only generate cookie cutter Twitter handles, can’t add profile pictures and aren’t capable of following each other.

Not only that, but Fine Gael ramped up their efforts to do so after a general election and during a global pandemic (apparently in case people deviate to team coronavirus).

:D

If anyone was ever in any doubt if the existence of paid accounts online to defend FG at all costs, they’d only have to open this thread in fairness

Provo defeat? Struggle?

Are you talking to us from the early 80s or something?

Its a right sign they are intellectually stumped,

when you hear peope rattling on about thee ira and not policies,and it not a history forum....

Sure god love micheal martin,even he got caught out peddeling conspiracy theories.....hasnt been any sign of him,since people starting to qs his army council scare-mongoring rubbish

"..... some of them are indeed stepping up" ............ that suggests that some could but aren't for whatever reason ......... a total ignorance and lack of understanding of the pharma industry and the regulated environment it operates in.

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Are you looking for a job with Donald Trump
    What companies that should be are not 'stepping up to the plate' as you say
    We'll park your insistence that some were saying it was impossible for now

Just deal with that point
    Name them

:confused::confused: Last night there was NO Capacity in the industry. Read what posters were saying and production could not be easily switched.

This AM we see that there is capacity...with a company 'waiting' for contracts to be signed to step up production and another one 'switching production'.

Are there more? Who knows unless someone (maybe a 'politician'?) asks and keeps asking the questions. Which is kinda the job of an opposition spokesperson for a particular department, EVEN if it might embarrass/discomfort/or remind your party.

• Advertisement

If anyone was ever in any doubt if the existence of paid accounts online...............

Francie must be drawing some salary from SF, he's fulltime on here defending them and shouting about their merits in opposition while ignoring they didn't bother making significant effort to form a government.

Augeo wrote: »
    "..... some of them are indeed stepping up" ............ that suggests that some could but aren't for whatever reason ......... a total ignorance and lack of understanding of the pharma industry and the regulated environment it operates in.

But he's done research?

Can you show me one tweet by @ John56779998653200.

Also Boucher Hayes has admitted he was wrong. So, again can you show me the two journalists of note who state they will investigate the claim.

Ballso wrote: »
    But he's done research?

Oh, no doubt, no doubt.

Augeo wrote: »

I know the crowd I'm doing some work for at the moment isn't stepping up - mostly because we haven't got a f&*king clue how to make reagents or test kits or ventilators or PCR readers.....

......I expect someone in head office will be getting a letter from SF describing their outrage, and calling on us to step-up :D

The objective we're working to at the moment is keep as many of our workforce as healthy for as long as possible so those suffering non-Covid-19 related ill health can still get the tretments they need.

I know the crowd I'm doing some work for at the moment isn't stepping up - mostly because we haven't got a f&*king clue how to make reagents or test kits or ventilators or PCR readers.....

......I expect someone in head office will be getting a letter from SF describing their outrage, and calling on us to step-up :D

The objective we're working to at the moment is keep as many of our workforce as healthy for as long as possible so those suffering non-Covid-19 related ill health can still get the tretments they need.

Did yous clear this approach with Francie?

So gloss over my post and just skip past the inconvenient one that you couldn't answer?

This one....

Let me ask you a simpler question then seen as you are not (or cannot) answer the above.....

.....if a pharma facility can produce Covid-19 relevant material should it? Should it cease routine production and go fully on to Covid-19 products? And what is your opinion of the opportunity costs involved? Should people suffering from other health conditions just suck-iti-up until Covid-19 has been better controlled?

This is NOT what was being discussed Sultan.

It's a diversion from the debate we are having, which is very simple.

'IS there capacity' that can be stepped up to. Obviously there is. Can production lines be switched to other products...the fecking Pharma industry confirmed that themselves this very morning.

After that, the 'should they' stuff 'opportunity costs' is not for me to get comment on and is a different argument you can have with someone else.

I know the crowd I'm doing some work for at the moment isn't stepping up........

I'm sure they are stepping up. Keeping the doors open and manufacturing anything that deemed essential in these times is stepping up.

I'm at work myself and we are working on a drug that treats a rare condition, we'd all sooner be working from home etc etc etc but that option isn't an option for many.

So you are 'essential workers' then. Nobody is going to interfere in that. and you know it...stop the silly buggers here. Your own Industry undermined your argument this AM...just accept that, and move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

It was Leo’s idea. It got quite a bit of coverage. You don’t remember?

No, as it was two years ago that it was reported and at that there is no proof that there are bots paid for by FG. So in other words you have no proof that there are paid FG bots out there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement