Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

Augeo wrote: »
    I'm sure they are stepping up. Keeping the doors open and manufacturing anything that deemed essential in these times is stepping up.

I'm at work myself and we are working on a drug that treats a rare condition, we'd all sooner be working from home etc etc etc but that option isn't an option for many.

Sure why don't you just ask Sinn Fein supporters on the internet how to produce the drug, they'll surely know

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

markodaly wrote: »
    No, as it was two years ago that it was reported and at that there is no proof that there are bots paid for by FG. So in other words you have no proof that there are paid FG bots out there.

I do. Loads of it.

*Gestures broadly at this very thread*

Ballso wrote: »
    Sure why don't you just ask Sinn Fein supporters in the internet how to produce the drug, they'll surely know

Indeed. Switching production lines can often result in a "we don't have enough ventilators" situation.

Testing isn't the solution to this, it's far more important to follow the guidelines of isolation. The SF brigade latch onto testing systems as the huge issue, the huge issue is Covid19, not the amount of test reagent or the amount of nephews waiting for 22.589 days for a test because they've a runny nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

:confused::confused: Last night there was NO Capacity in the industry. Read what posters were saying and production could not be easily switched.

This AM we see that there is capacity...with a company 'waiting' for contracts to be signed to step up production and another one 'switching production'.

Are there more? Who knows unless someone (maybe a 'politician'?) asks and keeps asking the questions. Which is kinda the job of an opposition spokesperson for a particular department, EVEN if it might embarrass/discomfort/or remind your party.

It would be so much better if they asked informed questions rather than just grandstanding and playing to the circle.

If a facility is producing a volume (V) of Reagent X and has spare capacity it can easily ramp up production. If it needs to generate additional capacity it can do so in the short-term by postponing maintenance, working overtime, deferring other QA related activities - that gives you a short-run burt but sooner or later kit needs servicing, people get tired and processes need to be checked, validated, verified.

A greater capacity can be generated if there are spare hours enough to allow additional shifts - takes a bit longer to grow the workforce but its do-able but equipment still needs downtime

Procuring extra kit, extending facilities, commissioning etc takes months (but usually years) so sooner or later you reach the limits of what's possible with what you have in the time allowed.

If a facility is producing Reagent Y and you want to swap over to Reagent X, you can't just flip a switch or change the inputs and expect Reagent X to come gushing out in the quantities and qualities desired - it takes time, but yes we could take the SF approach and just give it a lash anyway - sure what could go wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Runaways wrote: »
    I do. Loads of it.

Ok. Name one bot on this thread employed by FG seeing as you say you have loads of information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Augeo wrote: »
    I'm sure they are stepping up. Keeping the doors open and manufacturing anything that deemed essential in these times is stepping up.

I'm at work myself and we are working on a drug that treats a rare condition, we'd all sooner be working from home etc etc etc but that option isn't an option for many.
    A lot of us in the same boat , our roles deem us critical so unless we get the virus we have to go in and keep producing- I think that’s stepping up to the plate which is what Makes my blood boil with her comments. No mention of the employees that have to risk their health and families health by going in every day just idiotic comments about us stepping up to the plate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

No, as it was two years ago that it was reported and at that there is no proof that there are bots paid for by FG. So in other words you have no proof that there are paid FG bots out there.

Once someone is not completely against FG they are automatically a Finbot or on the payroll etc

Then you look at the people throwing the accusations. I would like to point out the following: https://www.sinnfein.ie/sfos Facebook is full of them and by the looks of it boards is as well

No normal political supporter would make the excuses and change the goal posts like what we are seeing on here over the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

It would be so much better if they asked informed questions rather than just grandstanding and playing to the circle.

If a facility is producing a volume (V) of Reagent X and has spare capacity it can easily ramp up production. If it needs to generate additional capacity it can do so in the short-term by postponing maintenance, working overtime, deferring other QA related activities - that gives you a short-run burt but sooner or later kit needs servicing, people get tired and processes need to be checked, validated, verified.

A greater capacity can be generated if there are spare hours enough to allow additional shifts - takes a bit longer to grow the workforce but its do-able but equipment still needs downtime

Procuring extra kit, extending facilities, commissioning etc takes months (but usually years) so sooner or later you reach the limits of what's possible with what you have in the time allowed.

If a facility is producing Reagent Y and you want to swap over to Reagent X, you can't just flip a switch or change the inputs and expect Reagent X to come gushing out in the quantities and qualities desired - it takes time, but yes we could take the SF approach and just give it a lash anyway - sure what could go wrong?
    Stop with the facts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Penfailed wrote: »
    Are you serious?! You don't think an all island approach makes more sense than for the north to blindly follow Boris Johnston's lead? Virus' don't respect borders y'know.

Of course we all know that an all island approach to the virus makes sense, but just possibly perhaps the best people to make that suggestion to the DUP etc are their own community and/or perhaps friendly offers and hints from our government.

SF have a constant agenda of raising the UI and Border issue - they can & do turn it to anything. That just puts the unionists backs up immediately.

They should just give it a f******* rest for a while.

The man who proposed it,john concannon was rehired

Its not beyond realms of possibilty its true....idk if it is or not,but i wouldnt dismiss it out of hand or rubbish it either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭storker

I do. Loads of it.

They might just be doing it for free.

:confused::confused:Last night there was NO Capacity in the industry. Read what posters were saying and production could not be easily switched.

This AM we see that there is capacity...with a company 'waiting' for contracts to be signed to step up production and another one 'switching production'.

Are there more? Who knows unless someone (maybe a 'politician'?) asks and keeps asking the questions. Which is kinda the job of an opposition spokesperson for a particular department, EVEN if it might embarrass/discomfort/or remind your party.

Really? No capacity?

The point last night was these things can't be ramped up overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Its not beyond realms of possibilty its true....idk if it is or not,but i wouldnt dismiss it out of hand or rubbish it either

See, this makes sense and is a measured post. A poster stating that journalists of note are investigating it, but then can’t back it up and then states they have loads of evidence of said bots on this thread is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,948 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

A lot of us in the same boat , our roles deem us critical so unless we get the virus we have to go in and keep producing- I think that’s stepping up to the plate which is what Makes my blood boil with her comments. No mention of the employees that have to risk their health and families health by going in every day just idiotic comments about us stepping up to the plate.

Why do you think she was talking about 'essential workers' in the pharma industry?

Where are you getting this from?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

Why do you think she was talking about 'essential workers' in the pharma industry?

Out of the loop on this one, what did SF say about phamra industry? Couldn't find anything on google.

Ballso wrote: »
    Did yous clear this approach with Francie?

No, that's why I'm being deliberately coy about where I work (actually where I work is from home at moment)....but I'd imagine who I work for should be easy to find out....we're the ones without oceans of reagent flowing off the site....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

:confused::confused: Last night there was NO Capacity in the industry. Read what posters were saying and production could not be easily switched.

I asked you to quote one post that you say was there last night saying there was no capacity or it couldn't be done
    You're well able to go back a few years a few mins ago to find examples of you using the word invective
    I'm waiting

I do. Loads of it.

Where do we collect the cheques for this mate? I'm just waiting for this and my check from George Soros to clear and I'll be quids in yeow

Who are the "essential workers" would you say in the pharma industry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/taoiseach-brings-back-communications-guru-for-covid-19-public-campaign-39054064.html

I do like a source.

He was hired to deal with the Covid-19 virus. Not put "finbots" on boards.

I think this is the bit people are referring to "He also served as head of the Government's Strategic Communications Unit, which was wound down in 2018"

Two years later and some people are still waffling about it

• Advertisement

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I asked you to quote one post that you say was there last night saying there was no capacity or it couldn't be done
    You're well able to go back a few years a few mins ago to find examples of you using the word invective
    I'm waiting
    The idea a plant that makes one pharma product could just transfer to making "tests" or some different product is so ignorant it's nearly beyond description.

Here is a post completely rubbished by what the Irish Times reported on this AM.

Lads/Lassies...seriously, you are all out on this one, again.

Pharma, just like everyone else can 'step up'.

Here is a post completely rubbished by what the Irish Times reported on this AM.

Everyone? If this the Sinn Fein "everyone" - e.g. "Everyone else". What are you doing to step up?

Nice try FB, you really went for it.

However, that post doesn't mean it can't be done, just means it can't be done like flicking a switch, which has been the point all along.

Yeah, that's spot on - just because two things are described as "pharma products" it doesn't mean they are inter-changeable. It doesn't even mean that because one is safe to consume, it follows that all are safe to consume.

Also, something else you fail to grasp is that if everyone piles into producing something not will only will quality vary wildly, but the potential for counterfeiting and fraud will sky-rocket - which will itself feedback into the system by meaning more verification testing is required, which will greatly slow the flow of products the market, generating significant unusable stockpiles.

Who are the "essential workers" would you say in the pharma industry?

Here's a list of some of the companies operating in Ireland. I am sure there are some employees here that are working on non 'essential' items.

What do you reckon?

https://www.siliconrepublic.com/careers/biotech-pharma-companies-ireland

Yeah, that's spot on - just because two things are described as "pharma products" it doesn't mean they are inter-changeable. It doesn't even mean that because one is safe to consume, it follows that all are safe to consume.

Also, something else you fail to grasp is that if everyone piles into producing something not will only will quality vary wildly, but the potential for counterfeiting and fraud will sky-rocket - which will itself feedback into the system by meaning more verification testing is required, which will greatly slow the flow of products the market, generating significant unusable stockpiles.

I am not saying anything here...I quoted the PHARMA INDUSTRY itself saying something. There is a difference you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I do. Loads of it.

So, show me a post where there is proof that FG have paid for these bots?

Caustion does not equal correlation.

Nice try FB, you really went for it.

However, that post doesn't mean it can't be done, just means it can't be done like flicking a switch, which has been the point all along.

Who claimed at any point that it could be done by flicking a switch? Did you perhaps invent this switch Harvey?

I am not saying anything here...I quoted the PHARMA INDUSTRY itself saying something. There is a difference you know.

Gwan and give the capacity point another go, who said there was no capacity?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

'Could just' means the point is cant straight away
    Try again
    I'm waiting

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement