Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

They (Mary Lou and Pease) were on news after the election talking about the letters they sent, so letters as far as I am aware. Unless Mary Lou sent a follow up text.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,963 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Do I see FF or FG in the press daily about forming the government or blocking SF?

Did you miss the news reports about SF and others meeting, daily, in the press when they were happening?
    You know, when FG were huffing about going into opposition and FF were furiously trying to wipe the memory of Michael lying to the public about his intentions i.e. not going into government with FG?

Do you know what Shefwewd? That sounds VERY MUCH like a lie to me. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Did you miss the news reports about SF and others meeting, daily, in the press when they were happening?
    You know, when FG were huffing about going into opposition and FF were furiously trying to wipe the memory of Michael lying to the public about his intentions i.e. not going into government with FG?

Do you know what Shefwewd? That sounds VERY MUCH like a lie to me. ;)

I asked before, I will ask again, if all these meetings have happened then where is the coalition? who have SF got with them?

For all of Mary Lou shouting, she has nothing.....not much of a negotiator is she?

I asked before, I will ask again, if all these meetings have happened then where is the coalition? who have SF got with them?

For all of Mary Lou shouting, she has nothing.....not much of a negotiator is she?

Did you know there’s a leaders meeting weekly now? Leo briefs Michael and Mary Lou and the rest.

I didn’t know that

• Advertisement

Lads can you make a post or ask a question without insulting people? Seems to be a thing with yis. No need for it and really undoes your point and lowers the tone overall.
    Don’t understand the need for it.

Just posting random sh1t now dude? How about a post about Violet-Anne Wynne or Reada Cronin?

Just posting random sh1t now dude? How about a post about Violet-Anne Wynne or Reada Cronin?

I’m extremely bored and sick. Bear with me.

Runaways wrote: »
    Lads can you make a post or ask a question without insulting people? Seems to be a thing with yis. No need for it and really undoes your point and lowers the tone overall.
    Don’t understand the need for it.

A few posts ago you were making out that Mary Lou was a transsexual or transvestite? Are you exempt from the no insults?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Sinn Fein claim 4.5 mil in expenses from Westminster even though they absent themselves https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sinn-fein-has-no-business-in-westminster-but-collects-45m-37731363.html

Also Sinn Fein say that they all TDS only take the industrial wage and make a big deal of proclaiming they send back pay increase but are silent on all secret pay deals. https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sinn-fein-pay-scandal-spoils-new-leaders-big-day-36512228.html

Martin ferris has a medical card but earns over 100k. Charged a 35euro fly jab to public.

Who can forget Aongus O Snodaigh charging 20k of printing to the public.

Don’t put forward invalid expenses if you are not going to put the full picture across.

joeguevara wrote: »
    Sinn Fein claim 4.5 mil in expenses from Westminster even though they absent themselves https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sinn-fein-has-no-business-in-westminster-but-collects-45m-37731363.html

Also Sinn Fein say that they all TDS only take the industrial wage and make a big deal of proclaiming they send back pay increase but are silent on all secret pay deals. https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sinn-fein-pay-scandal-spoils-new-leaders-big-day-36512228.html

Martin ferris has a medical card but earns over 100k. Charged a 35euro fly jab to public.

Don’t put forward invalid expenses if you are not going to put the full picture across.

The industrial wage claim has long been debunked.

A few posts ago you were making out that Mary Lou was a transsexual or transvestite? Are you exempt from the no insults?

Oh wow.

Think you need to look at that picture again

Oh wow.

Think you need to look at that picture again

Not really. Not a good idea to bring female politicians appearance into the discussion, bro.

Makes you look like a misogynist.

They’re elected officials in Northern Ireland and are entitled to claim expenses. Northern Ireland being a dominion of the United Kingdom.

As for the rest lol. They’re all at it im under no illusions about that. Why they get expenses at all will never cease to confound me.

All she ever said was that she would 'try' to form a government of the left.

p.s. and she didn't lie through her teeth to the electorate about who she would go into or not go into government with.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

They (Mary Lou and Pease) were on news after the election talking about the letters they sent, so letters as far as I am aware. Unless Mary Lou sent a follow up text.

Pearse is the Father Alton Crosby of the SF operation.....he sends a good letter..... the outrage, the indignation, the petulance - it's world class ����

Out of interest how are SF being denied power? Have they been denied a vote on the office of Taoiseach or are they just resentful that none of the other kids want to play with the bully, with armed gang? (EDIT: That's a general question to the SF'ers, not particularly for you @Rodders)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Considering SF have allegedly vanished, there's plenty on here getting a fair run from their demise.

Not really. Not a good idea to bring female politicians appearance into the discussion, bro.

Makes you look like a misogynist.

Boards is infested with threads and thousands of posts attacking her personally

But I’m a misogynist
    I needed that laugh thank you.

But I’m a misogynist

I have not seen any thread attack her personally?

I question her professional ability and the fact she doesn't seem to understand that shouting in the press doesn't mean everyone will bend over.....do you think that is a personal attack?

• Advertisement

But I’m a misogynist

If thousands, please provide 1-2 examples? Thanks

But I’m a misogynist

I assume this in another claim that you will fail to back up?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭joeguevara

They’re elected officials in Northern Ireland and are entitled to claim expenses. Northern Ireland being a dominion of the United Kingdom.

As for the rest lol. They’re all at it im under no illusions about that. Why they get expenses at all will never cease to confound me.

I may be wrong and am open to correction but Westminster expenses (including travel) are separate to Stormont expenses. Even though Stormont hasn’t sat since January 2017 it is strange that they would claim expenses for that even though they give out about TDS claiming expenses when they don’t attend Dáil Éireann, but to claim Westminster expenses when they absent themselves is more questionable.

We are both in agreement that invalid expenses are widespread among TDS but you did post a tweet only mentioning non SF TDS claiming them. Why do that if you admit that SF are equally guilty?

I have not seen any thread attack her personally?

I question her professional ability and the fact she doesn't seem to understand that shouting in the press doesn't mean everyone will bend over.....do you think that is a personal attack?

You seem possessed of a remarkable sensitivity to people 'shouting' even when you could have no idea that they are.

Tell us, how the hell do you 'shout in the press'? :):)

You seem possessed of a remarkable sensitivity to people 'shouting' even when you could have no idea that they are.

Tell us, how the hell do you 'shout in the press'? :):)

:rolleyes:

Good manners is now classed as "remarkable sensitivity"? I thought basic good manners was taught to everyone, seemingly not

:rolleyes:

Good manners is now classed as "remarkable sensitivity"? I thought basic good manners was taught to everyone, seemingly not

You neglected to answer the question there Shefwedfan.

I assume this in another claim that you will fail to back up?

You just insinuated I was a misogynist. And your little buddies lapping it up.
    You’d really want to back up.

I may be wrong and am open to correction but Westminster expenses (including travel) are separate to Stormont expenses. Even though Stormont hasn’t sat since January 2017 it is strange that they would claim expenses for that even though they give out about TDS claiming expenses when they don’t attend Dáil Éireann, but to claim Westminster expenses when they absent themselves is more questionable.

We are both in agreement that invalid expenses are widespread among TDS but you did post a tweet only mentioning non SF TDS claiming them. Why do that if you admit that SF are equally guilty?

Tbh I’d say they probably don’t. I dunno. That’s just a free for all buffet for all involved. Fg have a unique brand of arrogance and them going over more than any other party speaks to that and makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Times reporting that Mary Lou saying that SF were right all along given what the government are putting in place right now such as using private hospitals for a single tier health approach.

It just shows how financially illiterate that SF economics are. The billions being spent by the government aren't sustainable and we still don't know how bad the implications will be.

Short term is just bearable but there's no way it can realistically continue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭threeball

Times reporting that Mary Lou saying that SF were right all along given what the government are putting in place right now such as using private hospitals for a single tier health approach.

It just shows how financially illiterate that SF economics are. The billions being spent by the government aren't sustainable and we still don't know how bad the implications will be.

Short term is just bearable but there's no way it can realistically continue

How would a single tier healthcare system save the billions required right now given that the vast majority is going towards social welfare supports to keep our workers solvent. There will eventually be a debt wtite down at EU level but if SF had their way we wouldn't even be in the EU. Then we'd be rightly fcuked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement