Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Jaysis.
    The dogs in the street now every EU country is going to the ECB initially then to QE. Isn’t a country in that world that won’t most likely. Screw the economy nonsense let’s worry about people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Did you miss the news reports about SF and others meeting, daily, in the press when they were happening?
    You know, when FG were huffing about going into opposition and FF were furiously trying to wipe the memory of Michael lying to the public about his intentions i.e. not going into government with FG?

Do you know what Shefwewd? That sounds VERY MUCH like a lie to me. ;)

So SF tried and failed to form a government.

Seriously why are they angry with everyone else?

They had their chance and it didn't work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Runaways wrote: »
    Tbh I’d say they probably don’t. I dunno. That’s just a free for all buffet for all involved. Fg have a unique brand of arrogance and them going over more than any other party speaks to that and makes sense.

Here is an article on them claiming Westminster expenses even though never voted. The article raises the army council thing but that is nothing to do with my point.

The reason I raise the expenses is you explicitly raised other TDS doing it without any mention of SF. If you are going to lambast FG (as you should because it’s shameful) but you can’t disregard SF doing the same thing.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/uup-calls-for-end-to-sinn-fein-120k-a-year-westminster-expenses-38680384.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Jaysis.
    The dogs in the street now every EU country is going to the ECB initially then to QE. Isn’t a country in that world that won’t most likely. Screw the economy nonsense let’s worry about people.

If we ruin the economy, it’s going to have a huge effect on people too. Housing, welfare, reduced health budgets etc etc

Jaysis.

We as a country seem to be putting people ahead of economy. I don’t think it can be argued otherwise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Jaysis.

The problem is that the effects on people due to a fall in the economy haven't been quantified or qualified.

How many people ended up taking their lives as a result of the 08 crash as a potent example?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭threeball

joeguevara wrote: »
    Here is an article on them claiming Westminster expenses even though never voted. The article raises the army council thing but that is nothing to do with my point.

The reason I raise the expenses is you explicitly raised other TDS doing it without any mention of SF. If you are going to lambast FG (as you should because it’s shameful) but you can’t disregard SF doing the same thing.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/uup-calls-for-end-to-sinn-fein-120k-a-year-westminster-expenses-38680384.html

Ah they're only screwing the crown there. Thats acceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 68,963 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

So SF tried and failed to form a government.

Seriously why are they angry with everyone else?

They had their chance and it didn't work out.

Well maybe because the power swap party's have hoodwinked the electorate?

One of them, happy enough to go into opposition and the other swearing blind it would not go into coalition with SF or FG.

And here we have the two of them cozying up to one another. Charlatans of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭threeball

Well maybe because the power swap party's have hoodwinked the electorate?

One of them, happy enough to go into opposition and the other swearing blind it would not go into coalition with SF or FG.

And here we have the two of them cozying up to one another. Charlatans of the highest order.

FG had always said during the election that it was open to talking to FF but not SF but you'll ignore that fact to suit your narrative

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

We've been testing to our capacity. Even to having to send years to a lab in Germany to try to deal with the backlog.

This line of thought implies that if one single person in the country hasn't been tested then the figures are a lie.

How are people whining about a lack of testing while knowing that we are doing as much testing as is actually possible. Where do they think backlogs cone from?

• Advertisement

threeball wrote: »
    Ah they're only screwing the crown there. Thats acceptable

I had considered this and to tell you the truth is a valid point. However, in the pre election and post it has been raised numerous times by Sinn Fein and their supporters about TD invalid expenses. Social media was awash by supporters applauding Sinn Fein TDs refusing a pay rise and the fact that they only draw average industrial wage. It appears that behind these gestures, they were doing exactly the same.

Also, secret pay deals, not really discussed means that it’s not true.

Here is an example https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/republic-of-ireland/sinn-fein-tds-secret-deal-to-pocket-90k-salary-belies-partys-industrial-wage-line-36505932.html

Also, Ferris has a medical card even though he pockets over a 100k. If another TD did this, it would be admonished by the party and supporters. What is good for the goose appears not to be good for the gander.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I think SF are the ones doing the hoodwinking.

From claiming to have ‘won’ the election, to the charade of holding talks with the likes of PBO/Solidarity/RISE to form a leftist coalition when the dogs in the street knew they didn’t have the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

If the people who voted SF voted for change and to get rid of FG then why would they even entertain the idea of of a coalition with them? Its like SF are saying " oh look they wont work with us" but their voters shud be asking why would we work with them in the 1st place?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

FG had always said during the election that it was open to talking to FF but not SF but you'll ignore that fact to suit your narrative

Kinda odd SF supporters sneering at FF/FG making a claim during an election to not go into power with SF and upholding it as being undemocratic, even during a national crisis....but supported several years of SF politicians in the North running on an abstentionism campaign, even during the critical/once in several generations event like Brexit.

Odd :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

You just insinuated I was a misogynist. And your little buddies lapping it up.
    You’d really want to back up.

Any sign of a example of these "thousands of threads"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭boardise

Allinall wrote: »
    Ni ceapaim

Is that the Gaelic for knee capping ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 TaxStudent

the govt have families.

everyone has families.

where are sf?

The fear of god is in them that they may actually be asked to form a government and deal with this mess.....in the days leading up to the outbreak they were on every station spouting about their mandate...then silence for weeks... useless populist spouting thugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

You just insinuated I was a misogynist. And your little buddies lapping it up.
    You’d really want to back up.

See your post with the embedded tweet of side by side pictures of Varadkar and Mary Lou. Care to explain what you meant if it wasn’t misogynist?

They were that busy huffing and firing out darts it was hard to make any sense out of what they were saying.

But, oh look, here we are with them in negotiations with FF to go into government, who'd have thought it? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

FG also said during the election it was unconstitutional to stop evictions and have rent freezes but what d you know... they've just gone and done that.

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote: »
    FG also said during the election it was unconstitutional to stop evictions and have rent freezes but what d you know... they've just gone and done that.

That’s a bit of a silly point now isn’t it?

It is also being demonstrated that when you enable and resource the right people in the HSE you get a service second to none.

At the time it was considered unconstitutional as it would have impinged the free market and there was no evidence that it was for the common good. There was evidence that rent freezes and ban on evictions didn’t work in other jurisdictions. However, with what is happening now, it is considered to be in the common good. Also, the SF Bill was for a period of 3 years which was not considered appropriate.

If you are going to argue that FG did a turn at least point out the relevant facts. And are you happy that they did put this in place because it appears you would prefer they didn’t so you could give out about them.

Do you think a ban on evictions for 3 years is fair. Moral hazard would suggest that tenants might stop paying rent safe in the knowledge that they couldn’t be evicted. Landlords would default on mortgages causing banks to repossess which is automatic eviction.

They were that busy huffing and firing out darts it was hard to make any sense out of what they were saying.

But, oh look, here we are with them in negotiations with FF to go into government, who'd have thought it? :rolleyes:

Not sure what the rolley eyes are for

In an election no party is going to come out and say they just want to work with xyz, especially the big parties, they want to win as many seats ad possible to get the majority

If that doesn’t happen then they need to see what they can do, is it partnership or what, this is basic politics. Politics 101

SF throwing toys out of the pram now because they can’t negotiate is nobody problem but their own, Mary Lou crying for RTÉ and the press won’t chnage that, actually just making her and SF look weaker, if another election happens then people would need to consider voting again for SF if it’s a wasted vote. How is this “change”? That’s the motto? Mary Lou if she got 2 seats would still be waffling to RTÉ and the press and saying the exact same she is now

Or can you show me the chnage she has managed with those votes? I know I asked before but I think you forgot to answer

Expect redirection in 5, 4, 3.....

In an election no party is going to come out and say they just want to work with xyz, especially the big parties, they want to win as many seats ad possible to get the majority

If that doesn’t happen then they need to see what they can do, is it partnership or what, this is basic politics. Politics 101

SF throwing toys out of the pram now because they can’t negotiate is nobody problem but their own, Mary Lou crying for RTÉ and the press won’t chnage that, actually just making her and SF look weaker, if another election happens then people would need to consider voting again for SF if it’s a wasted vote. How is this “change”? That’s the motto? Mary Lou if she got 2 seats would still be waffling to RTÉ and the press and saying the exact same she is now

Or can you show me the chnage she has managed with those votes? I know I asked before but I think you forgot to answer

Shefwedfan wrote: »

This is just a deflection away from the FACT that FF lied through their teeth to the electorate and FG played that electorate until it got the conditions to take advantage.
    They were always going to come together to protect the power. Whether it be C&S, Coalition or merger.

This is just a deflection away from the FACT that FF lied through their teeth to the electorate and FG played that electorate until it got the conditions to take advantage.
    They were always going to come together to protect the power. Whether it be C&S, Coalition or merger.

Just like SF said they wanted a coalition of the left and then came crawling to FG/FF when they couldn’t make it work. What’s your point?

Just like SF said they wanted a coalition of the left and then came crawling to FG/FF when they couldn’t make it work. What’s your point?

Crawling? Are you on the lash or something? :)

Nobody is 'crawling' to the axis of FF/FG. FG are that toxic they cannot convince anyone to go with them even after the bounce of handling the crisis.
    Says a lot.

Crawling? Are you on the lash or something? :)

Nobody is 'crawling' to the axis of FF/FG. FG are that toxic they cannot convince anyone to go with them even after the bounce of handling the crisis.
    Says a lot.

Mary Loo has been crawling to them and then bitching and moaning to the press because they know better than to deal with her.
    And all this after her saying she wanted to form a government without them. Lying through her teeth she was.
    So what’s your point?

• Advertisement

....2, 1

Good redirection

What change has she made?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement