Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,963 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Mary Loo has been crawling to them and then hitching and moaning to the press because they know better than to deal with her.
    And all this after her saying she wanted to form a government without them. Lying through her teeth she was.
    So what’s your point?

My point is, you haven't a notion what your talking about. FF/FG are doing the crawling now to Independents....'anyone for the last few bypasses. local hospital anyone, or will we re-open a Garda station for you?'

Crawling? That's crawling lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

My point is, you haven't a notion what your talking about. FF/FG are doing the crawling now to Independents....'anyone for the last few bypasses. local hospital anyone, or will we re-open a Garda station for you?'

Crawling? That's crawling lad!

So why was Mary Loo crying to the press when they wouldn’t deal with her. Talk about embarrassing :D

So why was Mary Loo crying to the press when they wouldn’t deal with her. Talk about embarrassing :D

She was criticising them...if you want to characterise that as crying, go ahead.

But when you are looking up 'crawling', look up crying too.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

Not for the first, and definitely not for the last, McDonald just doesn't get it......

.....no one is keeping her or SF out of power or government - it's up to them to wrangle the votes, and if people regard them as so toxic that they don't want to coalesce with, or otherwise support them then the fault lies with SF......but as usual with them it's always somebody else's fault.

Mary Lou McDonald: This crisis shows that Sinn Féin was right

.....as an aside, you'd also have to question the wisdom around the timing of this piece, is it really the time for such politicking?

Some further analysis on McDonald's article today in the IT

https://twitter.com/higginsdavidw/status/1246360072596455425?s=21

Some further analysis on McDonald's article today in the IT

https://twitter.com/higginsdavidw/status/1246360072596455425?s=21

She’s embarrassing. All she does is bitch and moan.
    ‘They won’t play with me’
    ‘That was my idea’
    And all from her sick bed...going into second week with a head cold now. A second stint of self-isolation in a month. A great Taoiseach she’d be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

She’s embarrassing. All she does is bitch and moan.
    ‘They won’t play with me’
    ‘That was my idea’
    And all from her sick bed...going into second week with a head cold now. A second stint of self-isolation in a month. A great Taoiseach she’d be.

She was always embarrassing, what is worse now is the amount of minions they have running around making an embarrassment of themselves regurgitating her poo

Fella's and lassie's losing their 'poo' because there is another party on the scene to disrupt the power swap.

Imagine FG/FF have to stop pretending they aren't one and the same really, just to cling on.

There's a few Independents gonna be laughing all the way to the bank too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    She was always embarrassing, what is worse now is the amount of minions they have running around making an embarrassment of themselves regurgitating her poo
    Ever read up on what she is really like and how she was dead against the good Friday agreement and wanted the troubles to continue. My wife sent me it a while back il go dig it up .

Ever read up on what she is really like and how she was dead against the good Friday agreement and wanted the troubles to continue. My wife sent me it a while back il go dig it up .

I’d be interested to see that

I’d be interested to see that
    It was an Irish Times article I think , il throw it up as soon as I can dig it up

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Thing I don’t get is if everyone is so sure they’re not fit for government and it will never happen, the constant fear and ranting about it both here and in sections of the media suggests the same people are terrified of exactly that and they know it can happen so it kind of calls lie to the premise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭joeguevara

It would be very interesting to see that. I would be very surprised if she ever commented publicly that she wanted the troubles to continue. I think she may have been critical of Ireland amending the constitution to remove the territorial claim to the North, but I have never heard anything else. It would have been completely contra to Gerry and Martin and would have been detrimental to her future in SF.

Any sign of a example of these "thousands of threads"?

Here ya go. Look at the bottom one. Ffs. Going years back. On this very forum. 477 pages of it.

She wasn't even in SF when the GFA was signed and delivered...must have been her FF hat she was wearing. :)

joeguevara wrote: »
    It would be very interesting to see that. I would be very surprised if she ever commented publicly that she wanted the troubles to continue. I think she may have been critical of Ireland amending the constitution to remove the territorial claim to the North, but I have never heard anything else. It would have been completely contra to Gerry and Martin and would have been detrimental to her future in SF.

She was in FF at the time so the idea she was against GFA is probably bollox

A perfect example of people saying any old sh!t to try get it to stick.

Laughable really.

Runaways wrote: »
    Here ya go. Look at the bottom one. Ffs. Going years back. On this very forum. 477 pages of it.

:p:p:p:p:p:p

That's the best you could come up with after this wait

Boards is infested with threads and thousands of posts attacking her personally

But I’m a misogynist
    I needed that laugh thank you.

What is attacking her personally?

She was in FF at the time so the idea she was against GFA is probably bollox

A perfect example of people saying any old sh!t to try get it to stick.

Laughable really.

You bring up an important point. SF and FF would be far closer than FG and FF. hence them losing vote to them.

:p:p:p:p:p:p

That's the best you could come up with after this wait

What is attacking her personally?

You’ll deny the evidence of your own eyes? A weird trait that seems to run through certain cohorts here :)

Put her name in the search bar above if you’re in doubt.

I’m under no obligation to do it for you nor to convince you. As if that were possible.

She wasn't even in SF when the GFA was signed and delivered...must have been her FF hat she was wearing. :)
    Well aware of what party she was in Francie . My father in law knows her and her associates very very well

You bring up an important point. SF and FF would be far closer than FG and FF. hence them losing vote to them.

100% with you there. Slightly off topic but FF would be far more interested in doing UI too than FG ever would be.
    Yet same Time you can’t put a cigarette paper between FF/Fg on just about everything else.
    We’ve a strange bunch running the place all the same. They’re all frustrating but I’ll take them, like we said before just glad no far right headbangers will ever manage to get a foothold here.

• Advertisement

You’ll deny the evidence of your own eyes? A weird trait that seems to run through certain cohorts here :)

Put her name in the search bar above if you’re in doubt.

I’m under no obligation to do it for you nor to convince you. As if that were possible.

Standard response, so you have nothing to back it up!!! I am shocked you are yet again caught out, you update your family on getting the 350?

The bottom one is from a thread created in DIT forum....

Talking about traits, lying is an awful trait, I personally hate it

Well aware of what party she was in Francie . My father in law knows her and her associates very very well

Well if she was agin the GFA before she joined...SF must've shown her a more sensible way so.
    Wouldn't you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

She certainly had no issues with the kangaroo courts and the "decent" people who ran them.....
    Sinn Fein deputy leader Mary Lou McDonald has voiced her support for the IRA, describing volunteers as “decent people”.

The outspoken TD has revealed she agrees with party leader Gerry Adams’ statement that those who ran the IRA’s illegal kangaroo courts were “decent”.

She confessed: “I believe the people who volunteered to the IRA were decent people, yes I do.”

How could you have as Taoiseach someone who thinks kangaroo courts are acceptable in a democratic Republic? Equally, how could you have and SF Minister for Justice if that's their position?

Standard response, so you have nothing to back it up!!! I am shocked you are yet again caught out, you update your family on getting the 350?

The bottom one is from a thread created in DIT forum....

Lying is an awful trait, I personally hate it

I just did back it up.

Christ you’re so bleedin tiresome

I’m sure that’s the point though.

Ps the ‘gotcha!’ Style posting is really unbecoming. Well, childish frankly. I take it you don’t spend much time off the the internet. I understand that right now but go for the occasional walk yeah? Say hello to people.
    You’ll feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Fianna Fáil were known as the Republican Party but to suggest that FF and SF are close is as far from the truth as possible. Fianna Fáil are a pro-capitalist party. They are firm believers in keeping the corporate tax rate low and attracting foreign businesses with attractive tax rates. They are pro EU where Sinn Fein are for the most part against it.

Fianna Fáil lean slightly to the left but in no way have the policies of Sinn Fein. Supporters of Fianna Fáil would be conservative. SF newer supporters wouldn’t be. Their financial policies are opposing.

In what way do you see them as being way closer than FG. Most left parties view them as being pretty much identical.

I just did back it up.

No you didn’t, the worst comment on that was about throwing eggs from a college forum, how is that backing it up?

joeguevara wrote: »
    Fianna Fáil were known as the Republican Party but to suggest that FF and SF are close is as far from the truth as possible. Fianna Fáil are a pro-capitalist party. They are firm believers in keeping the corporate tax rate low and attracting foreign businesses with attractive tax rates. They are pro EU where Sinn Fein are for the most part against it.

Fianna Fáil lean slightly to the left but in no way have the policies of Sinn Fein. Supporters of Fianna Fáil would be conservative. SF newer supporters wouldn’t be. Their financial policies are opposing.

In what way do you see them as being way closer than FG. Most left parties view them as being pretty much identical.

That’s bringing up an interesting point. Tangent. FFs base are far older and dying out. I wouldn’t call their base outright conservative they got behind marriage equality in good numbers. Think the 65+ bracket nationwide was one of the biggest yes votes in that one across the spectrum.

Interesting times ahead for them they’re going to have to become attractive to younger voters soon cos us middle aged remember what they did with the economy and as mane said, SF are stealing their vote in a big way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

I just did back it up.

Ps the ‘gotcha!’ Style posting is really unbecoming. Well, childish frankly. I take it you don’t spend much time off the the internet. I understand that right now but go for the occasional walk yeah? Say hello to people.
    You’ll feel better.

Don’t worry about SWF. He’s the biggest spoofer from the rugby forum who annoys everyone with his right wing jibberish. Best to ignore him

No you didn’t, the worst comment on that was about throwing eggs from a college forum, how is that backing it up?

You asked for examples. There’s 417 pages of results when you search for her name.
    Have a browse through. I double dare you.

• Advertisement

Granny15 wrote: »
    Don’t worry about SWF. He’s the biggest spoofer from the rugby forum who annoys everyone with his right wing jibberish. Best to ignore him

Yeah he’s got form here too.

Rugby forum is an odd place to be peddling that crap.

Takes all kinds I guess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement