Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

smurgen wrote: »
    What's the land worth? Link?

It would depend if you were asking last month or this month. We have just incinerated our economy.:(

It would depend if you were asking last month or this month. We have just incinerated our economy.:(

One thing about land,is irish farmers arent tied to econmic reality,when it comes to prices

Its vastly over-priced

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

smurgen wrote: »
    What's the land worth? Link?

Well you mentioned that FG sell their property wihtout putting up a link - how much, in value terms, do FG own?

If you find that out, then the data on SF TD's landholdings are probably in the same dataset.

Maybe SF could divert a portion of the Hampton bequest to support HSE workers, or those charitable bodies who directly support the HSE?

Not all of it, of course, but if they donated €1m, that would still leave them with €3m and not adversely affect their position as the richest political party in Ireland.

A graph with only 1 reading is pointless...quite why you wish to argue otherwise,is all on you

Not really, if, as is the case, it represents a normalisation of the dataset to allow meaningful inter-comparison between groups - normalisation is a failry basic and straightforward statistical tool.

Anyway, take it up with the journal.ie - it's their graph, not mine.

Not really, if, as is the case, it represents a normalisation of the dataset to allow meaningful inter-comparison between groups - normalisation is a failry basic and straightforward statistical tool.

Anyway, take it up with the journal.ie - it's their graph, not mine.

Yes a graph that isnt calibrated is meaningless :pac: (seriously like,read what your saying)

Seems shinnernomics and use of misinfo is contagious :D

• Advertisement

Yes a graph that isnt calibrated is meaningless :pac: (seriously like,read what your saying)

Seems shinnernomics and use of misinfo is contagious :D

Eh?

Loads of graphs aren't "calibrated" whatever that means.

The whole of calculus as applied to economic functions or process dynamics is pretty much based on what you might call "uncalibrated"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

mariaalice wrote: »
    Be interesting to see if SF jumps on the bandwagon of wearing masks as a way of getting their voice into the news cycle. ( note wearing masks may be the correct thing but we need to wait for the WHO )

Stephen Donnelley FF was on some news program at the weekend vainly trying to make himself relevant via some mumble about supporting nursing homes which was already happening anyway.

Politics in Ireland is absurd sometimes.

The S.F. crowd have a bit of form for wearing masks already so that's nothing new

• Registered Users Posts: 68,972 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

1 o'clock news coverage for Leo.

Maith an buachaill! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

1 o'clock news coverage for Leo.

Maith an buachaill! :)

lemon-health-benefits-1296x728-feature.jpg?w=1155&h=1528

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Runaways wrote: »
    Yeah my local one is Gary Gannon and he’s genuinely good feet on the ground in the area and always can be contacted and responds promptly. I hope they grow but right now I don’t get it.
    Same ability as our dog warden so

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Fair play to Leo, it's obviously his calling, because God knows, he is a terrible politician.
    Maybe this will reignite his fire for the medical profession, and he can go back to it.

'Lemons' from the only poster who comes on each day to lambast those who have had the termerity to criticise Leo.

Let it roll...I guarantee you this fool will turn the electorate against him again with what can only be called 'look at me, not all hero's wear capes' stunts :)

Sort out working conditions and a decent living for front line staff Fine Gael...do your jobs.

Edgware wrote: »
    The S.F. crowd have a bit of form for wearing masks already so that's nothing new

N95 balaclavas are on alibaba :D

508527.jpg

$4 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

'Lemons' from the only poster who comes on each day to lambast those who have had the termerity to criticise Leo.

Let it roll...I guarantee you this fool will turn the electorate against him again with what can only be called 'look at me, not all hero's wear capes' stunts :)

Sort out working conditions and a decent living for front line staff Fine Gael...do your jobs.

I would agree, needs to be something more done for all the front line emergency workers.
    Appreciation is not enough.

I would agree, needs to be something more done for all the front line emergency workers.
    Appreciation is not enough.

Harris tried to break these people a wet week ago...the people Leo is now 'going to help'. :)
    Fabulous stuff really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Leo really is doing a great job. And the shinners are frothing are the mouth. Good times :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Leo really is doing a great job. And the shinners are frothing are the mouth. Good times :D:D

It was funnier the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Funny how two Prime Ministers end up in a hospital.....one helping out in a time or need, the other because he didn't take the thing seriously.

Glad we have Leo as our one.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Funny how two Prime Ministers end up in a hospital.....one helping out in a time or need, the other because he didn't take the thing seriously.

Glad we have Leo as our one.

What has your slightly weird and ghoulish competitive spirit got to do with my post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I heard Leo wore the wrong colour tie the other day. :D

Some people have very little going on in their lives that they need to get self-worth from constantly criticising others. Bless em'.
    Isolation is a normal thing for many of those! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Nitrogan

What has your slightly weird and ghoulish competitive spirit got to do with my post?

Lost your sense of humour?

You laugh at SF/IRA murdering innocent people though.

markodaly wrote: »
    I heard Leo wore the wrong colour tie the other day. :D

Some people have very little going on in their lives that they need to get self-worth from constantly criticising others. Bless em'.
    Isolation is a normal thing for many of those! ;)

And some have so little going on that they appear everyday to defend regardless of what has happened.

And they invent lives for others.

I'll tell you what I am enjoying, (as somebody who is unapologetically interested in these things) is watching the FG acolytes fool themselves again.

They fool themselves that enough Irish people will not be able to separate performance during a crisis from performance in normal government.

And also codding themselves that the hard bit of this crisis is to come...this in terms of governing is the easy bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

And some have so little going on that they appear everyday to defend regardless of what has happened.

And they invent lives for others.

I'll tell you what I am enjoying, (as somebody who is unapologetically interested in these things) is watching the FG acolytes fool themselves again.

They fool themselves that enough Irish people will not be able to separate performance during a crisis from performance in normal government.

And also codding themselves that the hard bit of this crisis is to come...this in terms of governing is the easy bit.

Francie laughing at people with so little going on that they appear here everyday...

How many posts are you up to now Francie? :D

Francie laughing at people with so little going on that they appear here everyday...

What makes you think I was laughing?

I am unapologetic about my post count. Quite proud of it.

Just thinking here after a report on Morning Ireland.

There will be one interesting aspect to the incoming and now IMO imminent and necessary election: no Minister Of Health or his civilian defenders can ever again say that nothing can be done about the HSE.

Properly tasked and resourced it is something to be proud of.

What makes you think I was laughing?

I am unapologetic about my post count. Quite proud of it.

Just thinking here after a report on Morning Ireland.

There will be one interesting aspect to the incoming and now IMO imminent and necessary election: no Minister Of Health or his civilian defenders can ever again say that nothing can be done about the HSE.

Properly tasked and resourced it is something to be proud of.

What about his military defenders?

What about his military defenders?

Well there does at times seem to be a militaristic bent to some of the current incumbents defenders. Especially on Twitter where many believe Simon's defenders are under orders.

Well there does at times seem to be a militaristic bent to some of the current incumbents defenders. Especially on Twitter where many believe Simon's defenders are under orders.

You know, sometimes it's just better to admit a typo rather than add to the mistake.

Also, "on Twitter where many believe......" is not evidence of anything except the fact that twitter is a bit of a zoo - that phrase can be used to preface many equally ridiculous statements.....
    • on Twitter where many believe......vaccines are harmful
    • on Twitter where many believe.......the earth is flat
    • on Twitter where many believe......Covid-19 is linked to 5G
    • on Twitter where many believe........Gerry Adams was not a member of the IRA
    • on Twitter where many believe.......SF are not under the direction of an army council

The rapidity with which you ask people to cite evidence/sources only compares to the paucity of the evidence and sources you post.

You know, sometimes it's just better to admit a typo rather than add to the mistake.

Also, "on Twitter where many believe......" is not evidence of anything except the fact that twitter is a bit of a zoo - that phrase can be used to preface many equally ridiculous statements.....
    • on Twitter where many believe......vaccines are harmful
    • on Twitter where many believe.......the earth is flat
    • on Twitter where many believe......Covid-19 is linked to 5G
    • on Twitter where many believe........Gerry Adams was not a member of the IRA
    • on Twitter where many believe.......SF are not under the direction of an army council

The rapidity with which you ask people to cite evidence/sources only compares to the paucity of the evidence and sources you post.

I guess what you are trying to deny here is that many suspect/believe that FG are using bots to say noice things about FGers.

Ála Leo's wishes:
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/varadkar-suggested-creating-anonymous-accounts-online-to-make-positive-comments-on-news-37275799.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭maccored

jaysus for someone only registered a few months ago, your post count isnt exactly tiny

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement