Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

Laughing at the idea of Francie running a business, he hasn't left this thread in weeks. Fantasist.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

Sultan...I don't know whether they can deliver or not. I voted for them for the first time and wanted them a 'part' of government not in sole power.

I am sick of being lied to by the power swap party's. FG's abject failure...abject! to deliver change after the promises of 2011 being the final straw.

Get off the pot boys and girls, you have been found out. Change is possible if the will is there and it has taken a pandemic to show us. The people will knuckle down and do what is best, if it is shown that it is for the best.
    The spirit hasn't been broken.

yes, people just need to "believe" in it for it to be so.

Anyway, "the spirit hasn't been broken"?? I SF broke the "Free State"? Did SF not "break the bastards"?

Sultan...I don't know whether they can deliver or not. I voted for them for the first time and wanted them a 'part' of government not in sole power.

I am sick of being lied to by the power swap party's. FG's abject failure...abject! to deliver change after the promises of 2011 being the final straw.

Get off the pot boys and girls, you have been found out. Change is possible if the will is there and it has taken a pandemic to show us. The people will knuckle down and do what is best, if it is shown that it is for the best.
    The spirit hasn't been broken.

That wasn't the question though.

What public health successes in NI makes you think they could credibly deliver on their promises?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,972 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

That wasn't the question though.

What public health successes in NI makes you think they could credibly deliver on their promises?

Comparing SF's potential ability to govern here with how they have done in the north is a stupid, uninformed waste of my time and in fairness a waste of yours.
    You would be better to inform yourself about how the north is governed and the constraints on everybody getting what they want.

And you would think the north's health system was a third world wasteland to listen to some here. Ignoring the fact that many from the south take advantage of it as our system labours to cope.

Comparing SF's potential ability to govern here with how they have done in the north is a stupid, uninformed waste of my time and in fairness a waste of yours.
    You would be better to inform yourself about how the north is governed and the constraints on everybody getting what they want.

And you would think the north's health system was a third world wasteland to listen to some here. Ignoring the fact that many from the south take advantage of it as our system labours to cope.

Tbf, it isn't really. They have an exceptionally mediocre record at governance up there, why should we ignore it?

And just to stick to the question I asked, what public health successes in NI makes you think they could credibly deliver on their promises?

• Advertisement

Tbf, it isn't really. They have an exceptionally mediocre record at governance up there, why should we ignore it?

And just to stick to the question I asked, what public health successes in NI makes you think they could credibly deliver on their promises?

I believe they want to deliver a patient focused system that works.

I don't believe the lipservice paid to a decent health service from FG and FF anymore and I don't think any of the smaller party's that have been in coalition with those two anymore either. They EITHER don't care or don't have the competence to deliver.

The health service in the north functions much like here and is constrained by funding from Westminster in what it wants to deliver. There is no comparison for that reason and I won't be comparing...for that reason.

I believe they want to deliver a patient focused system that works.

I don't believe the lipservice paid to a decent health service from FG and FF anymore and I don't think any of the smaller party's that have been in coalition with those two anymore either. They EITHER don't care or don't have the competence to deliver.

The health service in the north functions much like here and is constrained by funding from Westminster in what it wants to deliver. There is no comparison for that reason and I won't be comparing...for that reason.

So, you have no reason or example then.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Most of my biz is online...but it has almost dried up anyway.

Not a bit bored, getting a proper garden in this year because I have time.
    No poppies i hope

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Nitrogan

Ballso wrote: »
    Laughing at the idea of Francie running a business, he hasn't left this thread in weeks. Fantasist.

FB is at least three people WFH. SF care about workers hours.

No poppies i hope

Yep...plenty of them in among the wild flowers.

• Advertisement

So, you have no reason or example then.

Loads of reasons to give a new party a go at it.

Examples would be their intolerance of big business/banking interests before the ordinary person.

May all be a hill of beans, but compared to the mess these fundamentals of a caring decent society have been left in by the power swap party's I am prepared to give them a go at it. They have paid their dues in opposition and the duty imposed on proper opposition party's.
    I think the power swap supporters call it 'whinging and hurling on the ditch', I call it a duty to over-sight and calling to account.

Examples would be their intolerance of big business/banking interests before the ordinary person.

May all be a hill of beans, but compared to the mess these fundamentals of a caring decent society have been left in by the power swap party's I am prepared to give them a go at it. They have paid their dues in opposition and the duty imposed on proper opposition party's.
    I think the power swap supporters call it 'whinging and hurling on the ditch', I call it a duty to over-sight and calling to account.

Classic deflection. No examples to point out in NI. No reasons to trust SF at it.

Classic deflection. No examples to point out in NI. No reasons to trust SF at it.

And I have told you why.

What are FF/FG offering...more of the same with a Minister whose failure caused the collapse of the last government?

You vote for that if you wish. I will until my dying day try to effect change with my vote.
    If SF fail then they get the same treatment.

And I have told you why.

What are FF/FG offering...more of the same with a Minister whose failure caused the collapse of the last government?

You vote for that if you wish. I will until my dying day try to effect change with my vote.
    If SF fail then they get the same treatment.

I doubt any man who gives 30k posts to his support of SF is going to be easily swayed from them. Noting they've done (or more accurately, failed to do) in NI has swayed you away from them so far.

I do (sometimes) wonder if people who think Ireland's health system is terrible have had to interact with other health systems. I don't think it's great, but I don't think it's bad either.

I doubt any man who gives 30k posts to his support of SF is going to be easily swayed from them. Noting they've done (or more accurately, failed to do) in NI has swayed you away from them so far.

I do (sometimes) wonder if people who think Ireland's health system is terrible have had to interact with other health systems. I don't think it's great, but I don't think it's bad either.

Many many of my posts have nothing to do with SF (most of my posts are about pro-anti republican stuff - there is a difference) and a good share in the Brexit thread has been fully behind what Ireland were doing and fighting for.

I never said or compared our health system to anywhere else. I am dismayed that ours fails so many. As we do in other areas of the governing of the state too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Many many of my posts have nothing to do with SF (most of my posts are about pro-anti republican stuff - there is a difference) and a good share in the Brexit thread has been fully behind what Ireland were doing and fighting for.

I never said or compared our health system to anywhere else. I am dismayed that ours fails so many. As we do in other areas of the governing of the state too.

What percentage of your posts are not related to Sinn Féin, a decimal point cover them ,1 ,2 or 3 every hundred or less than 1 ?
    His point is valid

Mortelaro wrote: »
    What percentage of your posts are not related to Sinn Féin, a decimal point cover them ,1 ,2 or 3 every hundred or less than 1 ?
    His point is valid

Thread is not about me. Hate having to remind you guys.

I guess this is the fundamental difference. I think Ireland is a great place to live. I think our health system could be better, but no one has a perfect system. I think we have an open education system that allows the vast majority of people who want to progress to actually progress. We have a housing issue in our cities, definitely, but takes time to fix something like that, and the numbers (prior to this crisis) show it was being fixed.

I don't see anything SF could bring to the table to improve things, not really.

But I do see things they could bring to the table that would derail things.

yeah, I can see an SF driven health system now......

"I'm sorry Mr Brady all the existing doctors can't help you so instead of relying on their expertise going forward, we've got Mary here - she was just passing by and we'd though sure she might as well have a go" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Thread is not about me. Hate having to remind you guys.

I know I know
    But Sinn Féin
    Same difference:D

• Advertisement

So to be clear, there are no examples of a major project being led by an SF politician coming in on or ahead of time, or at or below budget......and were expected to believe they can deliver multi-year, multi-billion euro housing, health and social care projects??

Guess we better double that €22billion they're planning to borrow

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

So you still don't have a single example of how Sinn Fein in government improved the health service in the North?

Do you want to tell us about how they denied nurses a pay increase for a year because the Irish Language Act was more important?

So to be clear, there are no examples of a major project being led by an SF politician coming in on or ahead of time, or at or below budget......and were expected to believe they can deliver multi-year, multi-billion euro housing, health and social care projects??

Boys in all.fairness FG handed BAM a blank cheque to build.the most expensive hospideal in the world (18 months behind scedule,before all this virus shìte too)

I have reason to deal with BAM and such a tight shower of baxtards to get paid off and.we hand em.a blank cheque at our expense...

Then people proceed to critise SF for capital expenditure record....you cant be for real

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Boys in all.fairness FG handed BAM a blank cheque to build.the most expensive hospideal in the world (18 months behind scedule,before all this virus shìte too)

I have reason to deal with BAM and such a tight shower of baxtards to get paid off and.we hand em.a blank cheque at our expense...

Then people proceed to critise SF for capital expenditure record....you cant be for real

Well the recent Cash for Ash enquiry criticised SF for their role in that, so they can't claim to be any better, in fact as another poster said, you can see many ways and many reasons why they could make things worse.

They have delivered equal rights and a share of the power in northern Ireland and have satisfied those they represented enough to be the still by far and away the most popular party. That is good enough for me if you are looking for credentials as to their fitness.
    They have also IMO excelled themselves in the duty of being an opposition party.

That is more than enough for them to qualify for a vote. And I make no apology for that.

So, that's still a "no" and as I predicted someone went straight for the whataboutery card and the children's hospital.

SF have zero track record of successfully delivering major change projects, if they didn't someone would've pointed to an example when asked.

I wouldn't trust them with a bed pan, don't mind our whole health system.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Well the recent Cash for Ash enquiry criticised SF for their role in that, so they can't claim to be any better, in fact as another poster said, you can see many ways and many reasons why they could make things worse.

Im.failing to see how handing BAM.a blank cheque is comparable tbh

Hasnt cost me a cent in tax tbh.....neither to best of my knowledge was cash for ash an capital expenditure expense???

Try to stay remotely relevent to the topic,in spite of your extreme laughably partisan nature.....btw are you still standing over critising SF for wanting paddys day parades cancelled due to cv-19...i see the orangemen have even called off july 12th marches ffs???

So, that's still a "no" and as I predicted someone went straight for the whataboutery card and the children's hospital.

SF have zero track record of successfully delivering major change projects, if they didn't someone would've pointed to an example when asked.

I wouldn't trust them with a bed pan, don't mind our whole health system.

Hmm....i said its laughable for anyone supporting present government to critise anyone on capital expenditure....given the way the hospideal is gone

It started at 600 million....how much ove budget and time is it gone to now??

Your right to critise SF,but you dont appear to have a leg to stand on,without being a hypicrite (which your entitled to be)

They have delivered equal rights and a share of the power in northern Ireland and have satisfied those they represented enough to be the still by far and away the most popular party. That is good enough for me if you are looking for credentials as to their fitness.
    They have also IMO excelled themselves in the duty of being an opposition party.

That is more than enough for them to qualify for a vote. And I make no apology for that.

Seriously, that's you example of a "large scale change project" - what was the budget and the outturn?

What you're saying is because they got elected, they can run a health service :D

I got elected as a student rep, doesn't mean I can run a university!!

Btw, if you want an example of SF/NI ineptness check out the Belfast/Bangor rail line upgrade - we did it as a case study when I was doing a PPMO qual - late, 100% over budget and increased journey times :D

The Republic is in no way perfect, but the idea SF can't make it unimaginably worse is beyond parody - and here they won't have Westminster to bail them out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

If they are reasons to give SF a go then we are screwed.
    I hate banks before the ordinary person ( whoever they are) but I wouldn't put ML on the government benches in a fit.
    How caring where then when people where getting knee capped..
    Francie i expected better reasoning for you. Time for you to swap allegiance and give the greens a vote :D
    After all Eamon is caring and has served his time in opposition and government.

And he likes fluffy bunnies :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement