Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I honestly don't understand the people that keep bring NI up in relation to how things are/were running up there.
    FG wouldn't have the balls to run up there and enter the race (irrelevant whether or not thy would want to).
    SF are in government with DUP, not exactly known for getting on with each other, and Westminster not particularly fond of dealing with them either.
    FG couldn't even pull their heads out of their backside to attempt to form a government here after the last GE. They were like petulant schoolkids scolded for underperforming.

The reality is, to varying degrees, we are all victims of partition.

Go on, explain how. There's always someone ready to play the victim card I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Suckit wrote: »
    FG couldn't even pull their heads out of their backside to attempt to form a government here after the last GE. They were like petulant schoolkids scolded for underperforming.

And if they were trying to form a government, SF would be saying they're an arrogant power swap party
    Which is it?

Not sure what your point is.
    I am a democrat, I will abide by what is done democratically. I may not agree with it though and will agitate...hurl from a ditch...moan...shout in the press (whatever dafuq that means) and complain. I will also uphold my right as a democrat to hold government to account and to arbitrate for change if they are failing at their job, which is to create a fair and inclusive society for everyone.

They'll always be failing in their job in your eyes though
    In the FG thread you accused them of not taking all the Nphet public health advice, With no evidence At All to back that up
    You pushed fake news
    Such is the strength of your Sinn Fein devotion and fine Gael hate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭mattser

Mortelaro wrote: »
    In the FG thread you accused them of not taking all the Nphet public health advice, With no evidence At All to back that up
    You pushed fake news

The Sultan fairly handed them their arses on a plate the past few days. When the hard questions are put they back off. Great to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Your looking down your nose (reminisccent of a party led by Leo) view of the trolley crisis was blown out of the water by a doctor last night on the Tonight Show.

Are you talking about Dr Michael O'Keefe?

You pushed fake news

This is a serious problem. The Governments of the last decade are being compared to what an ideal Government would do at every step of the way.

Life doesn't work like that. All of us make mistakes as we go along.

Long term, the last two Governments got a lot more right than wrong, imo, and found the time for serious social reform, not all of which I personally agreed with, but sin é, that's the lot of Government.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,972 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You pushed fake news

Well that is totally 'fake news' because I don't think I ever typed the word Nphet and if I said they hadn't taken all the public health advice, it was an opinion.

As is your opinion that I will always believe they are failing at their job. I direct you to the Brexit threads were I consistently praised the performance of several FG ministers.

aido79 wrote: »
    Are you talking about Dr Michael O'Keefe?

No, although he too was fairly critical of what is happening. I was referring to a female doctor on the night before last.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

SF learned their lesson during the financial crisis, and are keeping their mouths shut so they can tell us what they would have done when things inevitably go wrong. It's important they say nothing now just in case they get it wrong themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭mattser

hmmm wrote: »
    SF learned their lesson during the financial crisis, and are keeping their mouths shut so they can tell us what they would have done when things inevitably go wrong. It's important they say nothing now just in case they get it wrong themselves.

The ultimate hurlers on the ditch. Shirk responsibility at all costs, but mouth and perma whinge all the while.

Well that is totally 'fake news' because I don't think I ever typed the word Nphet and if I said they hadn't taken all the public health advice, it was an opinion.
    Ah an opinion was it
    An opinion with no evidence whatsoever
    It was fake news
    I've attached the post,you implied in trumpian fake news style that the government only implement some of the health officials advice (that would be NPHET)
    Fake news arising out of your Sinn fein devotion and FG hate
    As is your opinion that I will always believe they are failing at their job. I direct you to the Brexit threads were I consistently praised the performance of several FG ministers.

L 0 L

hmmm wrote: »

Pretty much. It's terribly depressing but utterly predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

So, that's still a "no" and as I predicted someone went straight for the whataboutery card and the children's hospital.

SF have zero track record of successfully delivering major change projects, if they didn't someone would've pointed to an example when asked.

I wouldn't trust them with a bed pan, don't mind our whole health system.

tell me what experience do FG and FF have in delivering major change projects on time and within budget?

All I can see is FG and FF failing in this.

Ah an opinion was it
    An opinion with no evidence whatsoever
    It was fake news
    I've attached the post,you implied in trumpian fake news style that the government only implement some of the health officials advice (that would be NPHET)
    Fake news arising out of your Sinn fein devotion and FG hate

L 0 L

Where is the 'accusation' that they were not taking all the advice?
    That was a quote actually from Holohan or De Gascun on their role...nothing more.

And if you listened to the Doctor on last night's Tonight show I think it was the O'Leary guy referenced by somebody a few posts ago, he was DEFINITELY saying that the government was ignoring the advice from private consultants/hospitals and forging through damaging measures.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

No, although he too was fairly critical of what is happening. I was referring to a female doctor on the night before last.

I didn't see her. He's always critical so hard to take any notice of what he says.

aido79 wrote: »
    I didn't see her. He's always critical so hard to take any notice of what he says.

Can't think of her name, she is a regular contributor and I think represents a GP body. Blonde lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Can't think of her name, she is a regular contributor and I think represents a GP body. Blonde lady.

Dr Nina Byrnes

https://www.nkmanagement.ie/dr-nina-byrnes---profile.html

john4321 wrote: »

Correct...top of the class!

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

Go on, explain how. There's always someone ready to play the victim card I suppose.

.....and if you think partitioning the island hurt us, just wait until we get the bill for re-unification - Dermot Ferriter (who, according to some, is a sage, if he is criticising Varadkar so I'll assume he is an unimpeachable source on such matters) suggested as much in a recent article
    What that [SF's] analysis omits, however, is the thorny issue of who would pay for the current British subvention of Northern Ireland. Economists have come up with different perspectives on this, but a seamless transition without significant economic upheaval would seem a fantasy.

• Advertisement

Where is the 'accusation' that they were not taking all the advice?
    That was a quote actually from Holohan or De Gascun on their role...nothing more.

Búllsh1t
    You made the comment
    Own it ,I've attached it again
    Your Sinn Féin zeal isn't infallible
    You just tried some fake news

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

And if they were trying to form a government, SF would be saying they're an arrogant power swap party
    Which is it?
    Who cares what SF say about them? FG don't, so why not try running with the most constructive at the time?
    Because, as mentioned, they were like a petulant schoolkid after being scolded.

You do realise that you can compare any past scenario to how people might have reacted if the opposite were to have happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

Floppybits wrote: »
    tell me what experience do FG and FF have in delivering major change projects on time and within budget?

All I can see is FG and FF failing in this.
    • The new Central Mental Hospital (€170m) came in on time and on budget
    • M11 extension (€400m) - compare that to the A5!!!
    • TU "Quads" project (€220m)

....and the public sector is totally sh1t at project management (about as competent as the Swiss and Germans), but don't be fooled into believing that there aren't people out there in SF who are more than capable of plumbing new, unheralded, depths of incompetency when it comes to governing large scale, publicly funded projects.

Currently we might be comparable to the Swiss and Germans when it comes to PM'ing projects - it would be great if we could be more like the Nordics - but SF would make us more like the Venezuelans :D

Búllsh1t
    You made the comment
    Own it ,I've attached it again
    Your Sinn Féin zeal isn't infallible
    You just tried some fake news

WTF: It actually says it was a health official that said it.

And it doesn't say that the government HAVE NOT taken the advice no matter how much you want it to.

WTF: It actually says it was a health official that said it.

And it doesn't say that the government HAVE NOT taken the advice no matter how much you want it to.

You really are being a fake newser Sinn Féin poster now
    Zealous to the last
    The post you made was very clear in its intention and I called you on it straight away.
    You didnt say the government implements NPHET advice because then you'd have to criticise NPHET
    You phrased it so you could bash the government
    You never replied of course
    Here it is attached again
    Your fake news
    Own it :)

You really are being a fake newser Sinn Féin poster now
    Zealous to the last
    The post you made was very clear in its intention and I called you on it straight away.
    You didnt say the government implements NPHET advice because then you'd have to criticise NPHET
    You phrased it so you could bash the government
    You never replied of course
    Here it is attached again
    Your fake news
    Own it :)

Oh whatever. I shouldnt interrupt you when you are making a defensive fool of yourself.

My point all along has been anyone, FF FG SF PBP etc would have handled this crisis the same because the gocernment is in the main acting on expert advice.

All would have had lapses too and made mistakes.
    Stop being so endearingly defensive. This government are not above scrutiny.

Oh whatever. I shouldnt interrupt you when you are making a defensive fool of yourself.

My point all along has been anyone, FF FG SF PBP etc would have handled this crisis the same because the gocernment is in the main acting on expert advice.

All would have had lapses too and made mistakes.
    Stop being so endearingly defensive. This government are not above scrutiny.

But you made stuff up,you are that eager to criticise
    Just own it :)
    It's ok you know to be that zealous a Sinn Féin fan as to be Needy on the criticism front
    But theres no need to be making stuff up

But you made stuff up,you are that eager to criticise
    Just own it :)
    It's ok you know to be that zealous a Sinn Féin fan as to be Needy o6n the criticism front
    But theres no need to be making stuff up

I didn't.

Are YOU saying then that the government are JUST following expert advise?

I don't think they are totally. That is my opinion.

I didn't.

Are YOU saying then that the government are JUST following expert advise?

I don't think they are totally. That is my opinion.

Fake news
    I'm not saying anything other than you are making stuff up,you are that eager to criticise on behalf of your devotion, Sinn Féin

• Advertisement

Fake news
    I'm not saying anything other than you are making stuff up,you are that eager to criticise on behalf of your devotion, Sinn Féin

No problem owning my opinion.

Nice to see you chicken out of following your own logic.
    Made my day Morte!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement