Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

No problem owning my opinion.

Nice to see you chicken out of following your own logic.
    Made my day Morte!

I'd say I've made your day alright...

You posted stuff you made up (what you are only now saying was opinion) as fact in your zealousy for Sinn Fein criticism

Fake news ,own it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Mortelaro wrote: »
    You really are being a fake newser Sinn Féin poster now
    Zealous to the last
    The post you made was very clear in its intention and I called you on it straight away.
    You didnt say the government implements NPHET advice because then you'd have to criticise NPHET
    You phrased it so you could bash the government
    You never replied of course
    Here it is attached again
    Your fake news
    Own it :)
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=508765&d=1586345523

How is that fake news?

The OP you quoted doesn't even say what you quoted yourself saying.
    Mortelaro wrote:
    Where have NPHET stated the government haven't acted on any of their advice, to prompt such a statement from you?
    Or is this more of your fake news?

If you read the post you screenshotted again you will see that is not what was said in the post you quoted.

Suckit wrote: »
    How is that fake news?

The OP you quoted doesn't even say what you quoted yourself saying.

If you read the post you screenshotted again you will see that is not what was said in the post you quoted.

Of course it's fake news when it's made up
    Maybe you could show me the proof I asked for in the post,that it wasn't made up, if Francie has asked for your assistance in the matter
    Post attached
    Fake news
    He should own it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

The FF/FG coalition will have trouble lasting, Coveney reduced to Danny Healy Raes junior minister, Micky "Baldrick" McGrath as finance minister , Varadker referred to openly as Micky Martin's pet .... Mother Josie and Passscal moved permanently to back benches. SF don't have to do anything FF/FG will implode without any help

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

• The new Central Mental Hospital (€170m) came in on time and on budget
    • M11 extension (€400m) - compare that to the A5!!!
    • TU "Quads" project (€220m)

....and the public sector is totally sh1t at project management (about as competent as the Swiss and Germans), but don't be fooled into believing that there aren't people out there in SF who are more than capable of plumbing new, unheralded, depths of incompetency when it comes to governing large scale, publicly funded projects.

Currently we might be comparable to the Swiss and Germans when it comes to PM'ing projects - it would be great if we could be more like the Nordics - but SF would make us more like the Venezuelans :D

You are being very generous there of FG and FF and putting the blame on the Public Sector an easy out. Sure they couldn't even get a printer installed correcrtly. How much of a budget over run is that? I blame the person that has overall responsibility for the Project and to me that is the person sponsoring it. It is way too easy for projects to run over budget because no one cares about the money because the money will be found usually by cutting costs in a frontline service or by inflicting an increase in taxation on the public.

Also you seem to think that SF would be governing on their own when we all know that it would be a coalition so they will be reigned in on most aspects. FF and FG if you ask me are just as bad and as corrupt as you make SF out to be, they only difference is that FG and FF and more sneaky about it.

• Advertisement

Of course it's fake news when it's made up
    Maybe you could show me the proof I asked for in the post,that it wasn't made up, if Francie has asked for your assistance in the matter
    Post attached
    Fake news
    He should own it :)

Nobody asked for assistance, just getting tired of the thread pinging and to see it's you repeating "own it" like a 4 year old.

The post you quoted in your screenshot says they give advice and the government decide what to act on.
    It doesn't say NPHET have stated the government haven't acted on their advice, which you say in the screenshot.

And TBH, I couldn't give a toss, just please stop posting the exact same BS post over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

The FF/FG coalition will have trouble lasting, Coveney reduced to Danny Healy Raes junior minister, Micky "Baldrick" McGrath as finance minister , Varadker referred to openly as Micky Martin's pet .... Mother Josie and Passscal moved permanently to back benches. SF don't have to do anything FF/FG will implode without any help

The FF/FG government will be the most under pressure government ever in the history of this state and that was even before the COVID crisis. They would have to start delivering from the very start or else they will be slaughtered and both parties and any others that go in with them would also be slaughtered.

In saying that the pressure that they would be under would probably make them clean up their acts (wishful thinking) and start delivering for the people of the country first rather than what we have seen where it is themselves, their party, their friends, Family and supporters and then somewhere near the bottom of the list is the country. Time for country first.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,972 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Nobody asked for assistance, just getting tired of the thread pinging and to see it's you repeating "own it" like a 4 year old.

The post you quoted in your screenshot says they give advice and the government decide what to act on.
    It doesn't say NPHET have stated the government haven't acted on their advice, which you say in the screenshot.

And TBH, I couldn't give a toss, just please stop posting the exact same BS post over and over.

You are spot on about this. Funny, hilariously funny that Mortelaro has hung his/her self on their own logic and will now pedal furiously away from it. 'Own it' as right! :)

Haha, I just called it
    Ye dont like it,when ye are called out on fake news
    To be fair,now is not the time for makey uppey criticism and that's why Sinn Féin public reps are mostly shouldering wheels like the rest of us at the moment
    It's a pity the same cannot be said for some of their devotees on this forum

Haha, I just called it
    To be fair,now is not the time for makey uppey criticism and that's why Sinn Féin public reps are mostly shouldering wheels like the rest of us at the moment

The only way it is 'fake' news is if you can show that the government is only following NPHET advice and making no other decisions.

Can you show that?

• Advertisement

The only way it is 'fake' news is if you can show that the government is only following NPHET advice and making no other decisions.

Can you show that?

You made the definitive statement not me...
    Asking me to prove you wrong is only underlining that all you want to peddle is fake news

You made the definitive statement not me...
    Asking me to prove you wrong is only underlining that all you want to peddle is fake news

There is NO news in it.

NPHET advise the government and the government decide to act on that advice.

Are you saying something different happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

Floppybits wrote: »
    You are being very generous there of FG and FF and putting the blame on the Public Sector an easy out. Sure they couldn't even get a printer installed correcrtly. How much of a budget over run is that? I blame the person that has overall responsibility for the Project and to me that is the person sponsoring it. It is way too easy for projects to run over budget because no one cares about the money because the money will be found usually by cutting costs in a frontline service or by inflicting an increase in taxation on the public.

Also you seem to think that SF would be governing on their own when we all know that it would be a coalition so they will be reigned in on most aspects. FF and FG if you ask me are just as bad and as corrupt as you make SF out to be, they only difference is that FG and FF and more sneaky about it.

you asked for examples, I provided you with 3......and now, quelle surprise, it's back to whataboutery - I'm guessing if I provided 30 or 300 or even 3000 examples of projects brought in under budget and/or on time you'd still circle back to the NCH or the printer........and your lack of understanding is evident - to be honest if I was going to criticise the government and public sector procurement and PM practice, I'd have gone with the NBP project - that's on track to not only shoot way over, it won't meet the deliverables and it'll be obsolete in a decade!!

People don't even know enough to recognise the monumental cock-ups - they're too focused on the sound-bites, which is why SF get support - they're good at soundbites, not solutions.

And politicians puttng the blame on the public sector is not an easy out - it's simply a matter of fact. Across the word public authorities are crap at PM'ing projects because politics interferes - you don't get funding by advocating the most likely case scenario, you get it by arguing the best case scenario - which is inevitably a low probabillity outcome.

And among the crap public authorities it is the public authorities in populist, ideological driven administrations that are the worst of the worst - SF with their populist rhetoric are primed to make any of the other parties paragons of excellence when it comes to managing big projects!!

Case in point - I asked this question earlier in the thread and it was completely dodged, so I'm not expecting an answer, but given you seem to think SF have something to offer on delivering multi-billion euro projects, maybe you can answer it.....

SF promised €6.5 billion for 100,000 new public homes on public land......even allowing for not having to pay for the land, and allowing for 0% construction inflation and a complete abandonment of current the fitness standard for housing and complete building control de-regulation - how do you build a home for €65,000?

Also, where is the labour going to come from to build these homes?

And will anyone event want to live in a €65,000 home?

There is NO news in it.

NPHET advise the government and the government decide to act on that advice.

Are you saying something different happens?
    I'm just saying what you stated as fact was fake news
    You asking me to prove it wasn't true then after a first attempt to try to say after a while that it was just your opinion underlined it as your fake news

Just own it as something you made up and be done :)

I'm just saying what you stated as fact was fake news
    You asking me to prove it wasn't true then after a first attempt to try to say after a while that it was just your opinion underlined it as your fake news

Just own it as something you made up and be done :)

I am asking you to tell us (and another poster asked too) what is FAKE about what I said?
    If something different to what I said is happening, what is it?

I am asking you to tell us (and another poster asked too) what is FAKE about what I said?
    If something different to what I said is happening, what is it?

You are avoiding answering my question in the post because you were caught out with the fake news
    You're still underlining its fakeness
    It was your statement which you can't back up at all
    That's because in the middle of a health crisis in eager devotion to Sinn Féin ,you made something completely up out of thin air

Own your fake news,its that black and white :)

Haha, I just called it
    WTF are you babbling about?
    I wasn't called out on anything, and as far as I can see, either was anyone else.

You took a random statement, misquoted it, screenshotted it and have been running with it ever since shouting 'Fake News'..

I've seen some BS on these forums but that has to be up there as one of the worst cases.
    You are literally making up something to post about something being made up.
    If not, please elaborate or stfu.

You are avoiding answering my question in the post because you were caught out with the fake news
    You're still underlining its fakeness
    It was your statement which you can't back up at all
    That's because in the middle of a health crisis in eager devotion to Sinn Féin ,you made something completely up out of thin air

Own your fake news,its that black and white :)

WHAT is fake about it?

If you refuse to answer it is evident that you have been found out.

WHAT is fake about it?

If you refuse to answer it is evident that you have been found out.

I asked you to back it up
    You couldn't
    Ergo it's fake news
    You introduced it not me
    Own your fake news :)

I asked you to back it up
    You couldn't
    Ergo it's fake news
    You introduced it not me
    Own your fake news :)

You asked me to back up something I NEVER said.

What a fool you have made of yourself here. Stunning that you are still digging.

• Advertisement

WTF are you babbling about?
    I wasn't called out on anything, and as far as I can see, either was anyone else.

You took a random statement, misquoted it, screenshotted it and have been running with it ever since shouting 'Fake News'..

I've seen some BS on these forums but that has to be up there as one of the worst cases.
    You are literally making up something to post about something being made up.
    If not, please elaborate or stfu.

I see ye've hauled out Davy cc for thanks now :D
    I asked a simple question
    If you and Davycc have been asked to assist in answering it,then do so
    Rather than moaning about Francie being called out on his fake news
    He made up something out of thin air and ye are rather displeased at this being pointed out
    He should own it ,or just not reply,I'm easy on that,having called it,its no biggy at this stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Nitrogan

What a fool you have made of yourself here. Stunning that you are still digging.

You laugh at SF/IRA murdering people.

It's beyond stunning you think you can brazen that out.

I see ye've hauled out Davy cc for thanks now :D
    I asked a simple question
    If you and Davycc have been asked to assist in answering it,then do so
    Rather than moaning about Francie being called out on his fake news
    He made up something out of thin air and ye are rather displeased at this being pointed out
    He should own it ,or just not reply,I'm easy on that,having called it,its no biggy at this stage :)

Where did I say the following:

'NPHET stated that the government haven't followed their advice.'?

Where did I say the following:

'NPHET stated that the government haven't followed their advice.'?

Interesting, here now in your third and latest strategy to shimmy out of being called out on your fake news,you're attempting to say ,you were saying the government public health decisions on covid19 are from somebody other than NPHET
    Care to back that up?

What I asked you in black and white in the attached post was to back up your statement that the government chose what advice to act on
    You can't

It's your fake news, own it :)

you were saying the government public health decisions on covid19 are from somebody other than NPHET

What in god's name are you on about.

I was saying that NPHET advise the government and the government decide to act on that advise.
    They can also decide not to act on it.

I NEVER mentioned anybody else and I NEVER claimed that 'NPHET stated that the government had failed to act on their advice'

You are lying through your teeth.

What in god's name are you on about.

I was saying that NPHET advise the government and the government decide to act on that advise.
    They can also decide not to act on it.

I NEVER mentioned anybody else and I NEVER claimed that 'NPHET stated that the government had failed to act on their advice'

You are lying through your teeth.

No
    You said the government decide what advice to act on
    Not a lie it's all there in the attached post,along with the as yet un answered question which was ,can you back this up

Furthermore today,you even tried a line asking me to prove you wrong
    Your latest accusation that I am lying is fake
    And your original statement, that I called you up on is fake news.

No
    You said the government decide what advice to act on
    Not a lie it's all there in the attached post,along with the as yet un answered question which was ,can you back this up

Furthermore today,you even tried a line asking me to prove you wrong
    Your latest accusation that I am lying is fake
    And your original statement, that I called you up on is fake news.

In almost every statement Leo Varadkar makes he says it: 'The government has decided to accept the advice...'

'This morning the NPHET met and has recommended some new actions to help us slow the virus. We have accepted its advice and it will be published today in accordance with standard practice'.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/coronavirus-ireland-update-leovaradkar-speech-17973535

The government are not under any constraints here...they choose to 'accept' the advise' I.E. They have a choice.

And I will say again, categorically, that you claiming I said 'NPHET stated that the government did not accept their advise' is an out and out blatant lie. Please withdraw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

https://twitter.com/sinnfeinireland/status/1247903498902966273

That’s great Louise , tell them what they already know

https://twitter.com/sinnfeinireland/status/1247903498902966273

That’s great Louise , tell them what they already know

They'll probably be called 'idiots' on here.
    Remember that episode of denial from blanch and others about testing?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

They'll probably be called 'idiots' on here.
    Remember that episode of denial from blanch and others about testing?

Everyone in the country knows there are issues with testing and that there are backlogs.

Anyone working on the Covid response knows the exact number who have been swabbed, who have been tested and who have been informed.

It's a cheap political ploy from Sinn Fein, let's call it for what it is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement