Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

They'll probably be called 'idiots' on here.
    Remember that episode of denial from blanch and others about testing?

Thank Christ we had you and your mates to sort out the testing by posting speculation on an internet discussion board, otherwise we'd have had to depend on the HSE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

In almost every statement Leo Varadkar makes he says it: 'The government has decided to accept the advice...'

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/coronavirus-ireland-update-leovaradkar-speech-17973535

The government are not under any constraints here...they choose to 'accept' the advise' I.E. They have a choice.

And I will say again, categorically, that you claiming I said 'NPHET stated that the government did not accept their advise' is an out and out blatant lie. Please withdraw it.

Your fourth new attempt to re paint what I called you up on
    You said the government decide what advice to follow
    Your fourth attempt to repaint this is now a government statement saying they've decided to accept the advice means they decide what advice to take from that advice
    We know they take the advice
    They are at pains to say that's what they do
    That's why I asked you to back up your statement that they decide what advice from NPHET to take, because your assertion cast doubt in the attached post
    You haven't because it's fake news
    I'm afraid I've accepted that you don't want to own it :)

Ballso wrote: »

Surely its unparralled stupidness

Lads starting a thread,complaining about not hearing from x....upon hearing from x,proceed to.complain about hearing from x

Stay in from the sun,folks
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,972 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Your fourth new attempt to re paint what I called you up on
    You said the government decide what advice to follow
    Your fourth attempt to repaint this is now a government statement saying they've decided to accept the advice means they decide what advice to take from that advice
    We know they take the advice
    They are at pains to say that's what they do
    That's why I asked you to back up your statement that they decide what advice from NPHET to take, because your assertion cast doubt in the attached post
    You haven't because it's fake news
    I'm afraid I've accepted that you don't want to own it :)

WTF, Just WTF....complete melt the head stuff from you now.

• Advertisement

Thank Christ we had you and your mates to sort out the testing by posting speculation on an internet discussion board, otherwise we'd have had to depend on the HSE

Well I certainly wasn't in denial that there were major issues with testing.

People who were having major issues were claimed 'not to exist' and as 'idiots' for looking for a test.

Well I certainly wasn't in denial that there were major issues with testing.

People who were having major issues were claimed 'not to exist' and as 'idiots' for looking for a test.

Your opinion on testing is irrelevant. You are not part of the crisis response, you are just anther mouthpiece on the internet.

Your opinion on testing is irrelevant. You are not part of the crisis response, you are just anther mouthpiece on the internet.

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Idioctic logic.If the opinion of anyone outside the crisis response is irrelevant why do they have press conferences?

Rattled :pac:

(Noone who says anything here,is anyway important or anything other than a mouthpiece,chill out bro)

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    Idioctic logic.If the opinion of anyone outside the crisis response is irrelevant why do they have press conferences?

Ballso is here to shut down discussion that might involve criticism of how the crisis is handled.

I was looking there and it is hard to find...what are the stats on testing currently does anyone know?

smurgen wrote: »

Is this a serious question?

The press conferences are to inform people what is happening.

None of you are part of managing and responding to the crisis. You all get that right? There are actual qualified people actively managing the situation.

Jesus lads you are fairly dense. Bunch of Walter Mittys.

Is this a serious question?

The press conferences are to inform people what is happening.

None of you are part of managing and responding to the crisis. You all get that right? There are actual qualified people actively managing the situation.

Jesus lads you are fairly dense. Bunch of Walter Mittys.

Calm down. If my opinion is not relevant to you...just ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The Shinners really aren’t capturing the national mood on this. Shinnerbots like The Risen over on the Journal are taking a hammering. Very much backed into a corner, and getting extremely tetchy as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

https://twitter.com/sinnfeinireland/status/1247903498902966273

That’s great Louise , tell them what they already know

How is Louise O'Reilly going to get a 'full picture' from some Twitter responses?

This makes no sense at all.

Calm down. If my opinion is not relevant to you...just ignore it.

It's not relevant to anyone. That's the point. You spend all day every day on here spouting irrelevant nonsense from the sidelines, second guessing people who actually matter and looking to score your little victories which count for nothing anywhere except in your own head.

Sinn Fein in a nutshell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Phoebas wrote: »
    How is Louise O'Reilly going to get a 'full picture' from some Twitter responses?

This makes no sense at all.

She's like the orange oaf in the oval office. He loves twitter as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

The Shinners really aren’t capturing the national mood on this. Shinnerbots like The Risen over on the Journal are taking a hammering. Very much backed into a corner, and getting extremely tetchy as a result.

Yep. The election result seems a long time ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

Brother-in-law thought I'd get a laugh from this given who I work for.....

Another SF TD demonstrating a level of cluelessness that's almost enviable.

Deputy Tully is urging the government to liaise with the many medical device companies with facilities here in Ireland to produce domestic kits to increase testing capacity here.

Medical device production is not a generic activity - production is not interchangeable.

And the company she references - Randox - don't do medical devices, afaik.

• Advertisement

Medical device production is not a generic activity - production is not interchangeable.

This seems to pervade the whole organisation. They think their stupid unqualified opinions are just as valid as industry professionals, senior public servants, senior doctors etc.

It's insane. It's irritating enough at the best of times, but sure we live in a democracy and we have to listen to even the dullards. But holy **** does a crisis like this bring the whole thing into stark relief.

It's not relevant to anyone. That's the point. You spend all day every day on here spouting irrelevant nonsense from the sidelines, second guessing people who actually matter and looking to score your little victories which count for nothing anywhere except in your own head.

Sinn Fein in a nutshell.

Seems to engage quite a few. Including yourself. ;)

As a test...ignore what I say. That would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Randox do medical diagnostics

This seems to pervade the whole organisation. They think their stupid unqualified opinions are just as valid as industry professionals, senior public servants, senior doctors etc.

It's insane. It's irritating enough at the best of times, but sure we live in a democracy and we have to listen to even the dullards. But holy **** does a crisis like this bring the whole thing into stark relief.

No clue whatsoever.

It's not like any line isn't already producing vital devices and products.....what would SF tell someone suffering a critical cardiac event - "Sorry, no stents available because the people who make them are learning how to make testing kits"

Or, how about.....

"Would you mind awfully delaying starting chemo, while the people who make your infusion pump learn how to make Covid testing kits?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Seems to engage quite a few. Including yourself. ;)

As a test...ignore what I say. That would be nice.

Jaysis Francie, you'd be down to 3 viewers in this thread then
    In this era of self isolation, do you think that's a good idea :D

Randox do medical diagnostics

Yeah, diagnostics so covid testing is right up their street.......

Abott have thousands employed here, but a good chunk of those are in nutrition - how do you convert a baby formula production line to reagent production?

Or how might Boston Scientific convert from pacemaker and defibrillator production to making testing kits?

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Jaysis Francie, you'd be down to 3 viewers in this thread then
    In this era of self isolation, do you think that's a good idea :D

You guys have been trying to shut down discussion on several threads...it is not working and won't work. Sorry for your troubles.

No clue whatsoever.

It's not like any line isn't already producing vital devices and products.....what would SF tell someone suffering a critical cardiac event - "Sorry, no stents available because the people who make them are learning how to make testing kits"

Or, how about.....

"Would you mind awfully delaying starting chemo, while the people who make your infusion pump learn how to make Covid testing kits?"

I have relatives,who are having their chemo delayed over this virus,know others who are having radiotherapy for prostate cancer delayed over this virus

Im not trash,so wouldnt use cancer victims to further political points

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Yeah, diagnostics so covid testing is right up their street.......

Abott have thousands employed here, but a good chunk of those are in nutrition - how do you convert a baby formula production line to reagent production?

Or how might Boston Scientific convert from pacemaker and defibrillator production to making testing kits?

Oh oh oh. Wasn't the Spin Unit telling us that a global lack of reagents was the reason our testing was down? Lads looking like yer gonna have to have an emergency meeting tonight.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1247874606981152772?s=19

• Advertisement

No clue whatsoever.

Or, how about.....

Must be difficult to conceptualise complex problems when your professional experience is working in a shop. I guess they feel they need to be in control and projecting here helps them. It's sad really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement