Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,972 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

jh79 wrote: »
    So you agree it was poor communication and a lack of diligence on the part of the SF ministers rather than an issue with the HSE?

Mr Aiken concluded by saying that, having heard the evidence, he was “content” and had “no doubt that you were doing your best and were trying to do your best in particularly trying circumstances”.

He made an understandable mistake in the circumstances maybe you should show the same level of understanding to our Ministers.

Mr Murphy replied: “Well, I think that anybody who places an order like that from China is basing it on the fact that there are people on the ground to try to establish the quality of it, the quantity of it and...we were operating on the back of an established supply line.”

That shows a lot of naivety and lack of understanding of logistics in healthcare on his part to assume a team where on the ground especially for an established supply line.

I NEVER said it was an issue with the HSE.
    All I said was, that in the interests of transparency, the HSE should say what happened at their end.

Another lie/misrepresentation amid a plethora of them on here. You guys are a disgrace to honest debate.

And in case you don't understand, NOBODY can assess if somebody 'has done their best' until they know what it was that was done. Hence the reason people are asking questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

I NEVER said it was an issue with the HSE.
    All I said was, that in the interests of transparency, the HSE should say what happened at their end.

Another lie/misrepresentation amid a plethora of them on here. You guys are a disgrace to honest debate.

And in case you don't understand, NOBODY can assess if somebody 'has done their best' until they know what it was that was done. Hence the reason people are asking questions.

If you believed the HSE didn't do anything wrong why are you asking for transparency from them?

He announced the order before it was finalised, it's up him and SF to explain why they did this before the final sign off.

If you believed the HSE didn't do anything wrong why are you asking for transparency from them?

He announced the order before it was finalised, it's up him and SF to explain why they did this before the final sign off.

???

You didn't believe what he had to say.
    I didn't know if he was telling the truth.

How do you normally arrive at the truth of what happened? How does it work in a court?
    You GET both sides of the story.

If the HSE said nothing was agreed then that contradicts Murphy's story and you believe whoever you want to.

As it turns out it seems it was agreed and went south as Murphy said and it was MON using the word 'contract' that sparked the confusion. She should be more precise in future.

???

You didn't believe what he had to say.
    I didn't know if he was telling the truth.

How do you normally arrive at the truth of what happened? How does it work in a court?
    You GET both sides of the story.

If the HSE said nothing was agreed then that contradicts Murphy's story and you believe whoever you want to.

As it turns out it seems it was agreed and went south as Murphy said and it was MON using the word 'contract' that sparked the confusion. She should be more precise in future.

PM is more culpable in my opinion. He knew that he only had an agreement and not an actual signed contract, he should of told MON that it was only an agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Oh FFS. Poor poor you. Lordy! :D:D

Poor francie. Have a good read. You’ll see loads of comparisons being made based on the findings. #spoonfeeding

https://www.irishnews.com/coronavirus/2020/03/31/news/nationalists-almost-twice-as-likely-as-unionists-to-say-covid-19-response-too-slow--1884490/?fbclid=IwAR1VPiltMlwBWmhDOc-kWzRd2xFBdCBtXxkZbz9QRmaGfeF3bZd3ypiE5k8

• Advertisement

PM is more culpable in my opinion. He knew that he only had an agreement and not an actual signed contract, he should of told MON that it was only an agreement.

:confused::confused: How the f*** do you know what he told her?

What he said from day one seems to be now accepted. MON used the wrong term.

Unfortunate, but I think the big conspiracy theory here is in the bin. As I said at the start, I was perplexed as to what was in it for him or MON to gloat/brag when it was going to become evident very quickly there was nothing coming. It's not credible to believe that it was anything other than a cockup around terminology.

:confused::confused: How the f*** do you know what he told her?

What he said from day one seems to be now accepted. MON used the wrong term.

Unfortunate, but I think the big conspiracy theory here is in the bin. As I said at the start, I was perplexed as to what was in it for him or MON to gloat/brag when it was going to become evident very quickly there was nothing coming. It's not credible to believe that it was anything other than a cockup around terminology.

He said that Ms O’Neill’s claim that an order had been placed “was in fact correct – we had in fact placed an order; at no stage had I said anything about signing contracts. I said we had placed an order.”

When asked about comments from Justice Minister Naomi Long and Ms O’Neill about the supposed order, he said: “I can’t account for the interpretation of what I say by other people...”

To be fair the conspiracy angle was you suggesting a need for transparency from the HSE. SF made a balls of it end of.

He said that Ms O’Neill’s claim that an order had been placed “was in fact correct – we had in fact placed an order; at no stage had I said anything about signing contracts. I said we had placed an order.”

When asked about comments from Justice Minister Naomi Long and Ms O’Neill about the supposed order, he said: “I can’t account for the interpretation of what I say by other people...”

To be fair the conspiracy angle was you suggesting a need for transparency from the HSE. SF made a balls of it end of.

No, the conspiracy theory was you suggesting he did it for vanity/political oneupmanship reasons.

That hasn't stuck so you may withdraw it, if you are man/woman enough.

I never accused the HSE of anything...conspiracy or incompetence.

The reaction in the UK and NI was too slow...why? In NI because the DUP took the usual, back Westminister line. Who has polled ahead of Boris and Arlene on that poll?

Take your time.

Leo is the leader of a different jurisdiction and his caretaker gov. is doing well and it is reflected in that poll. I would imagine he'd be in the same position in a poll here...maybe higher, if the same question was asked.

No, the conspiracy theory was you suggesting he did it for vanity/political oneupmanship reasons.

That hasn't stuck so you may withdraw it, if you are man/woman enough.

I never accused the HSE of anything...conspiracy or incompetence.

I can only offer my opinion on his motivations for announcing it prior to contracts being finalised. Only he can explain why he messed it up.

Another explanation would be him and MON not being very good at their jobs.

• Advertisement

The reaction in the UK and NI was too slow...why? In NI because the DUP took the usual, back Westminister line. Who has polled ahead of Boris and Arlene on that poll?

Take your time.

Leo is the leader of a different jurisdiction and his caretaker gov. is doing well and it is reflected in that poll. I would imagine he'd be in the same position in a poll here...maybe higher, if the same question was asked.

Francie missing the point again

I can only offer my opinion on his motivations for announcing it prior to contracts being finalised. Only he can explain why he messed it up.

Another explanation would be him and MON not being very good at their jobs.

As I said, somebody using the wrong terminology seems to be the extent of the issue here.

Francie missing the point again

The point being that MON of SF and RObert Swann of the UUP are seen to be performing better than Boris and Arlene in their positions and area of responsibilities.

What do you think the point is?

As I said, somebody using the wrong terminology seems to be the extent of the issue here.

On MON 's part fair enough but CM said he never mentioned signed contracts to anyone yet still announced the deal was done. So what's the explanation for his part in this?

On MON 's part fair enough but CM said he never mentioned signed contracts to anyone yet still announced the deal was done. So what's the explanation for his part in this?

Jaysus jh79...he was processing the payment.

He had an agreement, contracts would probably have being signed before he hit send on that payment.
    You are looking for malice were even the UUP don't see it. :rolleyes:

The point being that MON of SF and RObert Swann of the UUP are seen to be performing better than Boris and Arlene in their positions and area of responsibilities.

What do you think the point is?

Jaysus francie, go back and read the thread for feck sake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭bmc58

Pkiernan wrote: »
    I haven't seen or heard anything from Mary Lou, Slab Murphy and other good Republicans in ages.

What's going on?

What has "Slab Murphy " or whoever he is got to do with the make up of Dail Eireann?

Jaysus francie, go back and read the thread for feck sake

So you have no 'point' to make. OK

Jaysus jh79...he was processing the payment.

He had an agreement, contracts would probably have being signed before he hit send on that payment.
    You are looking for malice were even the UUP don't see it. :rolleyes:

Havn't seen any suggestion of contracts being signed and PM did say he never mentioned the word contract.

Maybe he wasn't trying to get good PR by giving the impression he was in control of the situation and it was just incompetence.

So you have no 'point' to make. OK

Point made and backed up with link. Try to keep up

• Advertisement

Point made and backed up with link. Try to keep up

??

You posted a link and said nothing about it.

??

You posted a link and said nothing about it.

Yes.i.did.

Have.another.look...

Yes.i.did.

Have.another.look...

You said there would be loads of 'comparisons' made.

I compared the leaders. MON of SF and RObert Swann of the UUP are performing better than Boris Johnson of the Tory's and Arlene Foster of the DUP in their area of responsibility and positions.

Leo Varadkar is performing very well in his.

That would tally with my opinion actually.

Is there anything else to 'compare'?

You said there would be loads of 'comparisons' made.

I compared the leaders. MON of SF and RObert Swann of the UUP are performing better than Boris Johnson of the Tory's and Arlene Foster of the DUP in their area of responsibility and positions.

Leo Varadkar is performing very well in his.

That would tally with my opinion actually.

Is there anything else to 'compare'?

I thought you said there wasn’t a comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

bmc58 wrote: »
    What has "Slab Murphy " or whoever he is got to do with the make up of Dail Eireann?

Its the only name they know

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Starting to wonder where FG have vanished to? Why is Michael Martin the one breaking this to us?

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1248290742726021121?s=19

smurgen wrote: »
    Starting to wonder where FG have vanished to? Why is Michael Martin the one breaking this to us?

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1248290742726021121?s=19

Harris was on the news. You are going to have try much harder :D

I thought you said there wasn’t a comparison

They are not 'comparing' Leo with the rest of them.

Because Leo is neither a leader in NI or Britain nor is his area of responsibility NI or Britain. They might as well have added Trump there.

So other than it showing that SF's MON and the UUP's Robert Swann performing better than Arlene of the DUP and Boris of the Tory's, is there anything else I'm missing?

They are not 'comparing' Leo with the rest of them.

Because Leo is neither a leader in NI or Britain nor is his area of responsibility NI or Britain. They might as well have added Trump there.

So other than it showing that SF's MON and the UUP's Robert Swann performing better than Arlene of the DUP and Boris of the Tory's, is there anything else I'm missing?

This is like pulling teeth....why did they have Leo there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Harris was on the news. You are going to have try much harder :D

Oh I'm gonna have to try harder? With a back log of 51k for testing it sounds like it's him. Did he mention the number of people waiting for a test at all of is he still talking about the Easter bunny? :)

https://twitter.com/SimonHarrisTD/status/1247422521701523456?s=19

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement