Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,972 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

This is like pulling teeth....why did they have Leo there?

You'll have to ask them.

I would like to ask them why they didn't have Michael Martin, MLMD, Eamon Ryan and Simon Harris there. Why no Naomi Long or Steve Aitken?
    Why would there be a comparison with somebody who adopted a different regime than they did, in a DIFFERENT jurisdiction?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

You'll have to ask them.

I would like to ask them why they didn't have Michael Martin, MLMD, Eamon Ryan and Simon Harris there. Why no Naomi Long or Steve Aitken?
    Why would there be a comparison with somebody who adopted a different regime than they did, in a DIFFERENT jurisdiction?

To make a comparison...you’ll get it eventually...

smurgen wrote: »
    Oh I'm gonna have to try harder? With a back log of 51k for testing it sounds like it's him. Did he mention the number of people waiting for a test at all of is he still talking about the Easter bunny? :)

https://twitter.com/SimonHarrisTD/status/1247422521701523456?s=19

I thought you said FG had disappeared?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I thought you said FG had disappeared?

From reality. They seem to shy away from anything resembling reality now.

Even the head of the nursing homes in Ireland couldn't get hold of him.

"We view it as a failure by the minister that we have to keep endlessly pursuing him as this crisis escalates hour-by-hour, day-by-day,” said Nursing Home Ireland chief executive, Tadhg Daly.

“We have sent at least five letters and emails over the last four weeks requesting engagement directly with Mr Harris but what we got is the standard civil service reply - that the matter was receiving attention"

"It is astonishing we are now well into a health crisis of a magnitude never presented before and the Minister for Health and his government have not engaged with a sector providing care to thousands of the most vulnerable people.”

https://amp.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/nursing-homes-body-wants-urgent-meeting-with-simon-harris-990134.html

To make a comparison...you’ll get it eventually...

They adopted a completely different approach...what is the point being made in this 'comparison'?

They could have compared with South Korea and gotten the same result.

As I said earlier...'lordy', if you are getting your rocks off on this'. Pathetic again AATM.
    Leo and FG will get a bounce out of this, I don't know anyone who thinks different. Will it change FG...I doubt it very much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

With a back log of 51k for testing

Even some in Sinn Fein were wondering where these figures came from. Where did you manage to verify them? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

They adopted a completely different approach...what is the point being made in this 'comparison'?
    That Leo is considered in the north to be doing a better job than Mo'N ?

Mortelaro wrote: »
    That Leo is considered in the north to be doing a better job than Mo'N ?

Leo isn't responsible for the North.

Leo isn't responsible for the North.

Which is quite something then if the North as a whole think he's doing a better job by a wide margin

Which is quite something then if the North as a whole think he's doing a better job by a wide margin

In his area of responsibility = Ireland
    and position = Taoiseach.

Read the fecking question they were asked. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

christy c wrote: »
    Even some in Sinn Fein were wondering where these figures came from. Where did you manage to verify them? Thanks

That's Martin's numbers. What are the numbers Fine Gael gave? What did Harris say today?

In his area of responsibility = Ireland
    and position = Taoiseach.

Read the fecking question they were asked. :rolleyes:

You're very tetchy Francie, what's the matter,people tackling your spoofing a bit too much lately?
    Don't take it to heart,its only a bulletin board :)

You're very tetchy Francie, what's the matter,people tackling your spoofing a bit too much lately?
    Don't take it to heart,its only a bulletin board :)

Not a bit. Just don't suffer fools lightly. ;)

Not a bit. Just don't suffer fools lightly. ;)

That's great, obviously no one here does
    Chin up :)

That's Martin's numbers. What are the numbers Fine Gael gave? What did Harris say today?

Martin's numbers, fine but where did you verify they were correct before repeating them?

Dont know what numbers Harris or FG gave.

That's great, obviously no one here does
    Chin up :)

You could only come back from an answer about Leo with a slag. I think anyone with sense knows what happened there anyhow.

You could only come back from an answer about Leo with a slag. I think anyone with sense knows what happened there anyhow.

How dare you impune my morality
    I most certainly do not date slags :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

It's probably not far wrong.
    40,000 two weeks ago, waited for equipment, still a few thousand below target of 15,000 per day and numbers growing.
    So is probably somewhere around there.
    At this stage does testing really make any difference?

It is just for statistics, which aren't going to be accurate anyway.

Suckit wrote: »
    It's probably not far wrong.
    40,000 two weeks ago, waited for equipment, still a few thousand below target of 15,000 per day and numbers growing.
    So is probably somewhere around there.
    At this stage does testing really make any difference?

It is just for statistics, which aren't going to be accurate anyway.

Micheal Martin tweeted the 51k figure, if it's not far wrong why would he have deleted it?

The WHO still recommend testing and far as I know, presume there's a reason for it.

Micheal Martin tweeted the 51k figure, if it's not far wrong why would he have deleted it?
    I have no idea, you could try and phone or tweet him and ask him.
    It may be incorrect. Maybe he misheard other figures. Maybe he pulled the figure out of the sky.
    I just said that I think it's probably not far wrong.
    The WHO still recommend testing and far as I know, presume there's a reason for it.
    There is no doubt a reason for it. I would not think that they would have people going to testing centres and putting so many at risk.
    I'm selfish. Thinking of myself.
    You either have it or don't. If you are self isolating, then you can do the test to see if you had it after this has calmed down a bit.
    I don't see any point in going to get tested, wait over three weeks (at which case it would have been and gone) and still not receive results.
    If it is purely to figure out how many are infected at a given time you could ring your doctor and tell them.

• Advertisement

It may be incorrect. Maybe he misheard other figures. Maybe he pulled the figure out of the sky.
    There is no doubt a reason for it. I would not think that they would have people going to testing centres and putting so many at risk.
    I'm selfish. Thinking of myself.
    You either have it or don't. If you are self isolating, then you can do the test to see if you had it after this has calmed down a bit.
    I don't see any point in going to get tested, wait over three weeks (at which case it would have been and gone) and still not receive results.
    If it is purely to figure out how many are infected at a given time you could ring your doctor and tell them.
    I am guessing that they would also like to find out the strain.

Suckit wrote: »

Phone Micheal Martin? Right.

I would assume he deleted it because it's unsubstantiated, but it was brought in here as it made a nice soundbite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Onto the SF thread for the 1st time all day and see the SF loyal comrades now defending FF and sticking up for Michael Martin after his **** up today!!!

All in the name of bashing FG at all costs.

Absolutely hilarious.

You lads are a sight to behold, thanks:)

Onto the SF thread for the 1st time all day and see the SF loyal comrades now defendimg and sticking up for Michael Martin after his **** up today!!!

Absolutely hilarious.

Your comprehension limits are showing again. I've asked for evidence his numbers are wrong. That doesn't equal support. Where are the official government numbers? Why do the government not report these numbers?

Onto the SF thread for the 1st time all day and see the SF loyal comrades now defendimg and sticking up for Michael Martin after his **** up today!!!

Absolutely hilarious.

SF and FF are two cheeks of the same arse in slot of ways. The faithful would never admit it though. Hilarious to watching them squirming.

SF and FF are two cheeks of the same arse in slot of ways. The faithful would never admit it though. Hilarious to watching them squirming.

I thought it was FF/FG that were joining forces? Merging, though the faithful would never admit it.

It's those two that have the identity crisis I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

Good riddance to SF! How could so many young people be so gullible to fall for there propaganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

JMMCapital wrote: »
    Good riddance to SF! How could so many young people be so gullible to fall for there propaganda.

Because the most media and comms obsessed government we've ever had never engage in such things. Not never, no siree bob.

Look, young people en-masse, quite correctly, came to the conclusion that FG were going to do nothing on housing. In fact, they tried to 'communicate' their way out of the problem and tried to frame the chronic rental increases and house price inflation as being as natural as the flowering of the daisys in springtime.

They got crushed for their troubles. There is no mystery here. Young people (and not so young) took a punt that SF and others might be able make a better fist of housing, health and quality of life. They knew FG weren't going to seriously tackle them.

This may surprise you, but a hell of a lot of people still think that FG are exactly the wrong people to lead the country despite all the pom pom cheerleading for Leo et al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Ok...the FG mantra today seems to be...just give up. Put roadblocks in the way evry step of the way. THERE IS NO BETTER WAY, just the FG way. Don't question, don't seek solutions and don't criticise.

Fair enough, we get it.

What in dear lord are you blathering about now Francie?

You think FG make this stuff up on the fly?
    What about all these other governments that had issues? Is that also the 'FG way'?
    Or are you spouting **** for the sake of it. Do you get paid per post?

Anyway.
    But China's efforts to help haven't gone smoothly, as several countries have reported faults with Chinese-made supplies.

This began with Spain's recall of about 58,000 inaccurate rapid COVID-19 test kits late last week, and Turkey also casting aside a number of sample test kits that were faulty.

Breaking down the latest news and research to understand how the world is living through an epidemic, this is the ABC's Coronacast podcast.
    This was then followed last Saturday by a Dutch recall of some 600,000 face masks that didn't provide an airtight seal.

Australia also found fault with Chinese products, with Border Force officials telling the ABC on Wednesday that it seized around 800,000 personal protective equipment (PPE) products worth $1.2 million in recent weeks.

I hear it may rain tomorrow. Quick! Blame FG! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement