Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

but there are lapses and failures that I am going to debate and discuss and make no apology for so doing.

Here's the rub: the wheels fell off the blue painted wagon after the election and their foghorn online faction were badly stung.

When the covid crisis struck the caretaker gov asked for shoulder to the wheel, which is fair enough in a national emergency. Many on the blue cubscout faction took this as a signal that criticism and any form of dissent is unpatriotic, and asked people not politicise the crisis when all they've done is politicise it and used it as some sort of opportunity to paper over the litany of f*ck-ups that preceded the last few weeks.

The Green Jersey might be a useful tool for a wounded incumbent from time to time, but it's not a magic wand.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,972 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »
    OK, So they are doing well, but you are still going to criticise them just cause.
    That comes across as a crank and malcontent.

I'll criticise them when they deserve it Mark.

I have given them credit when they get things right for the country.

This is a political discussion. We are all cranks and malcontents or we wouldn't be here.
    If you want a love-in/vanity PR discussion, I am sure there are threads here for that and if not, open one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

I DO NOT think it is fair to nit pick from a political perspective the country's response to Covid 19
    It is the country's response
    The government are only facilitating the response in every way possible
    The country is doing a brilliant job despite the constraints of having every other country in the world vying for the supplies to fight it

There is a lot of petty nit picking on this thread and the other one
    It's a Pointless sideline activity thankfully,ignored by the vast vast majority
    This thread for example,I've been counted 3 times as a viewer just to write this post..
    At least 200 views counted yesterday were just me either reading or replying
    More the previous day
    If you dont believe me,watch the view counts as you open the thread versus before
    Refreshing is a new view
    So this thread is a circle jerk of 5 or 6 people max
    The rest are in the Coronvirus forum
    To each their own I suppose but personally I'm content with 2 things,the countrys response has been good and it's got results despite our nearest neighbour
    The political wrangling is just bored people I suspect at this stage
    Or people with withdrawal affects from normal politics and just feel the need to go on and on and on..scrapping for petty nit picks even their party bosses have the sense not to bother with as theres higher things to care about..like... LIFE ..literally!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Yurt! wrote: »
    Here's the rub: the wheels fell off the blue painted wagon after the election and their foghorn online faction were badly stung.

When the covid crisis struck the caretaker gov asked for shoulder to the wheel, which is fair enough in a national emergency. Many on the blue cubscout faction took this as a signal that criticism and any form of dissent is unpatriotic, and asked people not politicise the crisis when all they've done is politicise it and used it as some sort of opportunity to paper over the litany of f*ck-ups that preceded the last few weeks.

The Green Jersey might be a useful tool for a wounded incumbent from time to time, but it's not a magic wand.

The wheels have completely fallen off the SF wagon since their best ever election result. Hard to understand how they made such a monumental mess of things. The shinners in here have been frothing at the mouth since. By the way, how’s Mary Loo? she’s had a good 5 weeks in isolation now. Must be some sort of record!

The wheels have completely fallen off the SF wagon since their best ever election result. Hard to understand how they made such a monumental mess of things. The shinners in here have been frothing at the mouth since. By the way, how’s Mary Loo? she’s had a good 5 weeks in isolation now. Must be some sort of record!

Enjoy being FF's tea boys. Not looking good for the future lads.

Your worst fears have come to pass.

• Advertisement

Not sure where you are getting the data to support this.

Last poll showed them holding their own and FG gaining 13 points with FF falling.

Is this a feeling in your waters type of thing?

You are aware SF rose in the last polls(taken in mid of.crisis?)

Like the age group of your average shinner isnt going to be posting on a message board,they are clearing decks on social media and whatsapp tho...gain your political perapective from somewhere other than centre right msg boards (echo chamber effect there for you)

(I did use lol at the pre-election discussion comparing facebook spend on advertising between political parties, as if a party of the young would spend any significant sums on social media site of the middle aged :pac: lads seriously showing age there )

Last poll showed them holding their own and FG gaining 13 points with FF falling.

I think it's an example of the type of thing I was talking about
    (Says me adding 5 more same person views to the thread)

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I think it's an example of the type of thing I was talking about
    (Says me adding 5 more same person views to the thread)

What were you 'talking about'?

Jaysus that didn’t take long. The shinners sure are rattled!

• Advertisement

You do understand that poll means feck all?

You do understand that poll means feck all?

But your 'feeling' does?

Ok. :)

Your response toolkit seems to consist of posting "rattled!" every fourth post or so.

You're a member of a party that's badly wounded, is heading into a tea-boy junior partner role for the first time in its history, and the public won't know what the point of of the rump is coming out the other side as you're essentially the same as the larger party.

You've earned that position by the way, through hubris, conceit and diabolical performance on cornerstone issues. And what's more, you thumbed your nose at large sections of the public while doing so.

Enjoy

What were you 'talking about'?

You and others
    Although its you mainly doing the nit picking
    Others are willing to respond
    Total 5 or 6 max
    Pointless to the outside world
    Nobody else watching

Its quite a sheltered life to lead

To think anyone,who points out truth to you,is rattled

You and others
    Although its you mainly doing the nit picking
    Others are willing to respond
    Total 5 or 6 max
    Nobody else watching

:D I have and always have responded to any question asked of me.

If it is such an insignificant thread..like, why are you even bothered to be here?

Absolutely unbelievable.

Nobody else watching

Tbf your kinda pointing out the obvious flaw,with the whole website

The same cry was made in the run up to the election. 'These threads are peopled by malcontents and cranks etc' and look how it all turned out.

The same criticisms being made here are being made on twitter and FB and at times in the media.

The lady/lad doth protest too much', methinks.

Yup
    These type of threads enhance that flaw

Yup
    These type of threads enhance that flaw

We have reached a rare situation for this sub-forum where francie and the FGheads are unamious in agreement

I propose cake to mark this moment in history

• Advertisement

:D I have and always have responded to any question asked of me.

If it is such an insignificant thread..like, why are you even bothered to be here?

Absolutely unbelievable.

See

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

JMMCapital wrote: »
    Good riddance to SF! How could so many young people be so gullible to fall for there propaganda.

Do you believe that Sinn Fein were lying about pursuing left wing housing policies, so?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Do you believe that Sinn Fein were lying about pursuing left wing housing policies, so?

Any time S F say that they are a left wing party they are lying. They just say that to get the vote of the great unwashed

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Edgware wrote: »
    Any time S F say that they are a left wing party they are lying. They just say that to get the vote of the great unwashed

What kind of party they are is irrelevant though really, what matters is which policies they will pursue in office. One would assume that having harnessed the millennial vote in such massive numbers, they would ideally like to hold on to it going forward?

But your 'feeling' does?

Ok. :)

Again, you completely miss the point. Well done!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I don't understand why we haven't seen more of Mary Lou lately given all that is going on with Covid-19 and the Government formation talks. When was she last out in the media? Seems like ages ago, aside from written opinion pieces in the paper which are written by staff members.

I don't understand why we haven't seen more of Mary Lou lately given all that is going on with Covid-19 and the Government formation talks. When was she last out in the media? Seems like ages ago, aside from written opinion pieces in the paper which are written by staff members.

She has a head cold. She’d make a great Taoiseach....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Acosta

And if she was out more making comment on the crisis she'd be accused of grandstanding by the usual suspects. Can't win

She has a head cold. She’d make a great Taoiseach....

Milk and two sugars for Jim O'Callaghan, Michael Martin apparently insists on Barry's tea and Barry Cowen *chuckle* likes his very very milky indeed with a Mikado biscuit.

Best remember their preference or they'll stick Leo in housing so ye can stuff up that brief all over again, so for the good of the nation remember the above.

• Advertisement

She's likely off trying to form the government that the people voted for without FF and FG in it. It's taking time as even the other loons that got in on bullsh1t won't sign up to SFs mythological spiel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement